PDA

View Full Version : MEAC-SWAC CHALLENGE

bluedog
July 9th, 2005, 10:53 AM
2005 FORD MEAC-SWAC CHALLENGE INFO (http://www.swac.org/05-06/football/2005_MEAC-SWAC_Schedule_of_Events.pdf)

Make your picks:

SEPT. 3 ASU VS SCSU

SEPT. 3 JSU VS HU

SEPT. 10 UAPB VS BCC

eaglesrthe1
July 9th, 2005, 03:27 PM
SCSU
HU
BCC

eaglesrthe1
July 9th, 2005, 07:48 PM
21 yrs & older for the ladies and 25 yrs & older for the gentlemen.

Hey,bluedog. Looks like a little age/sex discrimination going on here. Any thoughts as to why? I'm not digging at anything, was just curious when I saw it. If I was 24 and wanted to do a little cruisin, I would feel a little put off. :confused:

bluedog
July 9th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Don't have a clue but I notice it to, maybe it's an Alabama thing who knows.

DemiGS
July 10th, 2005, 05:07 AM
2005 FORD MEAC-SWAC CHALLENGE INFO (http://www.swac.org/05-06/football/2005_MEAC-SWAC_Schedule_of_Events.pdf)

Make your picks:

SEPT. 3 ASU VS SCSU

SEPT. 3 JSU VS HU

SEPT. 10 UAPB VS BCC

I'm not even sure why the HBCUs play NCAA football. I know practically they are I-AA, but do the HBCU fans think they really complete in the same league with most other I-AA (or any other sub-division) team. Isn’t it more like club football? Yeah you can be the best HBCU, but isn't that like being the best I-AA in North Carolina? I mean, who the hell in the rest of the country cares about those teams (especially if they can't win) when compared with their surrounding teams. I believe if you could honestly poll the rest of the I-AA world about who would place well in the playoffs, you certainly wouldn’t list Grambling, NC A&T, A&M, etc.

downbythebeach
July 10th, 2005, 09:49 AM
hey haven't seen an opinion like this^ before.......

bluedog
July 10th, 2005, 10:35 AM
hey haven't seen an opinion like this^ before.......

....and we all know what they say about opinions.

89Hen
July 10th, 2005, 11:29 AM
SCSU
JSU
BCC

txstatebobcat
July 10th, 2005, 11:55 AM
ASU
JSU
BCC

Big Dawg
July 10th, 2005, 06:38 PM
SCSU
HU
BCC

Catmendue2
July 11th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I'm not even sure why the HBCUs play NCAA football. I know practically they are I-AA, but do the HBCU fans think they really complete in the same league with most other I-AA (or any other sub-division) team. Isn’t it more like club football? Yeah you can be the best HBCU, but isn't that like being the best I-AA in North Carolina? I mean, who the hell in the rest of the country cares about those teams (especially if they can't win) when compared with their surrounding teams. I believe if you could honestly poll the rest of the I-AA world about who would place well in the playoffs, you certainly wouldn’t list Grambling, NC A&T, A&M, etc.

Can somebody tell me what he said? :D :confused: Totally confused.

TheValleyRaider
July 11th, 2005, 09:28 PM
SCSU
HU
BCC

Go Playoff Conference! ;)

BBB
July 12th, 2005, 09:18 AM

*sigh*

SUjagTILLiDIE
July 12th, 2005, 09:35 AM
I'm not even sure why the HBCUs play NCAA football. I know practically they are I-AA, but do the HBCU fans think they really complete in the same league with most other I-AA (or any other sub-division) team. Isn’t it more like club football? Yeah you can be the best HBCU, but isn't that like being the best I-AA in North Carolina? I mean, who the hell in the rest of the country cares about those teams (especially if they can't win) when compared with their surrounding teams. I believe if you could honestly poll the rest of the I-AA world about who would place well in the playoffs, you certainly wouldn’t list Grambling, NC A&T, A&M, etc.Check the attendence records. Check the list of NFL players. Matter of fact check your TV listing(NBC-Bayou Classic,ESPNU,and CSTV). It seems to me more people care about HBCU's than you think.

OL FU
July 12th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Check the attendence records. Check the list of NFL players. Matter of fact check your TV listing(NBC-Bayou Classic,ESPNU,and CSTV). It seems to me more people care about HBCU's than you think.

I care about the HBCU's. I watch every chance I get. But I have to admit I care more about the MEAC than the SWAC. One of the MEAC's might just put an end to an otherwise glorious play off run.

bluedog
July 18th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Welcome to the 2005 MEAC vs SWAC CHALLENGE SITE (http://www.meacswacchallenge.com/index.html)