PDA

View Full Version : #1 NDSU vs #13 (FBS) Iowa

Pages : [1] 2 3

dewey
September 13th, 2016, 06:31 PM
I noticed that there wasn't a thread about the #1 NDSU and #13 (FBS) Iowa yet.

Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about Iowa preparing for NDSU.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4114441-iowa-defense-takes-big-step-forward-preparing-ndsu

Here is an article from the Iowa City Press Citizen about NDSU.
http://www.press-citizen.com/story/sports/college/columnists/chad-leistikow/2016/09/13/north-dakota-state-bison-fans-tickets-protecting-kinnick-stadium/90329606/

Dewey

RootinFerDukes
September 13th, 2016, 06:35 PM
If ndsu wins, this is their biggest win in program history. It would tie JMU for the second biggest cfb upset in history when we beat #13 Virginia Tech.

Given that you all had to go to overtime against charleston southern and eastern Washington, I feel that you all may not quite be dominant enough to beat a ranked fbs team.

Isn't Iowa always overrated though? Screw them.

Grizalltheway
September 13th, 2016, 06:39 PM
If ndsu wins, this is their biggest win in program history. It would tie JMU for the second biggest cfb upset in history when we beat #13 Virginia Tech.

Given that you all had to go to overtime against charleston southern and eastern Washington, I feel that you all may not quite be dominant enough to beat a ranked fbs team.

Uhh, does App over Michigan not count anymore? They were definitely FCS at the time.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2016, 06:40 PM
There's no way Iowa scores 40. :)

TheKingpin28
September 13th, 2016, 06:42 PM
This is not a fair game. Everyone on my dad's side, sans my father and I, will be wearing black and gold. My father's sisters and brother always wanted me to know that Iowa football is life and nothing else matters. So I have a special place in my heart for them, so rooting against them is going to be very hard to do. I would love to see NDSU win, but at the same time, and Iowa loss would really suck.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2016, 06:44 PM

Iowa will be tough but if the Bison play error free, they have a chance.

The Yo Show
September 13th, 2016, 06:45 PM
You better believe I'm rooting for the Bison for this one!

Redbird007
September 13th, 2016, 06:45 PM
The downside to winning 5 consecutive FCS national championships is that there is no way in h*ll Iowa is going to overlook NDSU. This would be a huge huge upset especially post Wentz.

edit addition....though I have a son that is a senior at Iowa I will be silently pulling for the Bison.

The Yo Show
September 13th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Uhh, does App over Michigan not count anymore? They were definitely FCS at the time.

That's probably why the post refers to JMU and this game (if the bison win) as tied for #2. Probably has App over Michigan as #1 biggest cfb upset in history.

dewey
September 13th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Here is an interview with Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz talking about NDSU.

http://hawkeyenation.com/football/ferentz-talks-iowa-vs-ndsu

This would be the biggest regular season win for NDSU. National championships mean more than regular season games IMHO.

Dewey

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2016, 06:50 PM
I think the Bison could win. If we could pick the best Bison team over the past 5 years in their prime I would put money on them. Iowa is always overrated. See the Rose Bowl.

Milktruck74

It would tie JMU for the second biggest cfb upset in history when we beat #13 Virginia Tech.

Pretty sure Rootin is considering App St. the biggest upset.

SD4ever

Year in and year out for decades Iowa is THE most overrated major athletic program in the country. Especially focusing on Football and Men's Basketball. They alway manage to prove it in some way or another. As much as I detest NDSU I hope they beat the Hawkeyes. I would rub it into Iowa fans I know for the rest of my life. Gleefully!

dewey
September 13th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Here is another article about the last 5 times NDSU beat an FBS team. Apparently they don't count according to this article since when NDSU played them they were not very good. These contracts are normally signed 4 or so years in advance and unless NDSU can predict the future they can only beat the team that is scheduled to play them whether or not they have been bad recently or not.

http://www.goiowaawesome.com/college-football/2016/09/421/rewinding-ndsu-s-five-year-win-streak-over-fbs-teams

Dewey

Twentysix
September 13th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Iowa is #11

Professor Chaos
September 13th, 2016, 06:56 PM
NDSU gets Junior OL, and 3rd year starter, Austin Kuhnert back for this game after his two game suspension to start the year. There are some injury questions in the defensive secondary however... which is questionable right now even without injuries. Those guys need to step up big time if NDSU has any shot to win. If the Bison win the turnover battle and avoid the penalties that they've been plagued with over the first couple games they have a shot.

I just don't see it though... too much has to go right and too little has to go wrong. I think Iowa wins by 17. I'll be there though and, being the homer that I am, I'll be pissed that day if my prediction is right.

The current line is NDSU +14.5. I'd say that's pretty fair but I'd have a hard time putting much money on the Bison right now with that line.

Twentysix
September 13th, 2016, 06:58 PM
http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

F'N Hawks
September 13th, 2016, 07:18 PM
NDSU gets Junior OL, and 3rd year starter, Austin Kuhnert back for this game after his two game suspension to start the year. There are some injury questions in the defensive secondary however... which is questionable right now even without injuries. Those guys need to step up big time if NDSU has any shot to win. If the Bison win the turnover battle and avoid the penalties that they've been plagued with over the first couple games they have a shot.

I just don't see it though... too much has to go right and too little has to go wrong. I think Iowa wins by 17. I'll be there though and, being the homer that I am, I'll be pissed that day if my prediction is right.

The current line is NDSU +14.5. I'd say that's pretty fair but I'd have a hard time putting much money on the Bison right now with that line.

Opened at 7.5

RootinFerDukes
September 13th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Iowa has never lost to an Fcs team, right?

TheKingpin28
September 13th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Iowa has never lost to an Fcs team, right?

Since the split, I believe they are 13-0

I had originally thought it was 11-0 but I forgot about the 2 most recent games

Drblankstare
September 13th, 2016, 07:31 PM
This is a good Bison team, im sure its a playoff team, it's not a team that's going to beat Iowa. The pass defense, kicking game and penalties will be what does them in. I think they'll be competitive, but I'll agree with Chaos, 17 seems about right.

Commence the sandbagging jokes

Christiank22
September 13th, 2016, 07:53 PM
I'm going to this game, initially with the hope we would pull off the W like we did when I went to Iowa State. It has now turned into me going to enjoy the atmosphere and experience of 70,000+ at a football stadium. I am not completely counting us out, but I am aware this is a TALL TALL task especially with the way this team is looking.

If this was the 2013 team though, I would bet money 2013 NDSU would beat Iowa. Maybe its the green and gold goggles but that team was top 15 in ALL of college football.

The better question is this, is gameday going to talk about this game and make picks?

underdawg
September 13th, 2016, 07:53 PM
The Bison will go undefeated winning, 13 straight games all in over time

Christiank22
September 13th, 2016, 07:56 PM
The Bison will go undefeated winning, 13 straight games all in over time

As a Denver Broncos fan, the way this season is looking for both teams I don't think my heart can handle that....

Grizalltheway
September 13th, 2016, 08:19 PM
That's probably why the post refers to JMU and this game (if the bison win) as tied for #2. Probably has App over Michigan as #1 biggest cfb upset in history.

Doh! Reading is fundamental.

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2016, 08:23 PM
I think the Bison are going to get a taste of their own medicine trying to go into Kinnick and match the physicality of Iowa.....gonna be interesting.

Twentysix
September 13th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Maybe two ot victories in a row lit a fire. One can hope.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 13th, 2016, 08:33 PM
I think the Bison are going to get a taste of their own medicine trying to go into Kinnick and match the physicality of Iowa.....gonna be interesting.

I would agree that the fact that Iowa plays a similar brand of football as the Bison is probably not good for the Bison.

SUUTbird
September 13th, 2016, 08:44 PM
I would agree that the fact that Iowa plays a similar brand of football as the Bison is probably not good for the Bison.

With the strength of NDSU's defense being their front 7 I would say this would be the best offense for their defense to face. EWU proved that a spread it out through it all over the field type offense is probably their biggest weakness but putting 40 points on them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2016, 09:13 PM

Or maybe this is why they match up style wise. This is a better match up for the Bison. Tougher team but better match up.

I think the Bison will rise to the occasion.....now will it be a win? We'll see. I'll be there to see it.

POD Knows
September 13th, 2016, 09:24 PM
With the strength of NDSU's defense being their front 7 I would say this would be the best offense for their defense to face. EWU proved that a spread it out through it all over the field type offense is probably their biggest weakness but putting 40 points on them.

I agree with this. Our weakness is our secondary, we match up better against Iowa than EWU, that being said Iowa could drop a bunch of points on us as they are pretty balanced.

Bisonator
September 13th, 2016, 10:02 PM
This Bison team is no where as physical or fundamentally sound enough to beat this Iowa team. It would take a perfect game from NDSU and some mistakes from Iowa to win it. As always AGS but I think this ones going to be ugly. Hope I'm wrong but hey if it's a beat down maybe FBS teams will start returning our calls again.

MSUBobcat
September 13th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Here is another article about the last 5 times NDSU beat an FBS team. Apparently they don't count according to this article since when NDSU played them they were not very good. These contracts are normally signed 4 or so years in advance and unless NDSU can predict the future they can only beat the team that is scheduled to play them whether or not they have been bad recently or not.

http://www.goiowaawesome.com/college-football/2016/09/421/rewinding-ndsu-s-five-year-win-streak-over-fbs-teams

Dewey

Ironic how the "author" brings up the 2014 win over ISU, carefully saying they won 2 games and finished winless in the Big 12, but omitting that Iowa lost to that same terrible team. At home.🤔

dewey
September 13th, 2016, 11:37 PM
Ironic how the "author" brings up the 2014 win over ISU, carefully saying they won 2 games and finished winless in the Big 12, but omitting that Iowa lost to that same terrible team. At home.🤔

Funny how that was forgotten.

Dewey

RootinFerDukes
September 14th, 2016, 07:44 AM
This Bison team is no where as physical or fundamentally sound enough to beat this Iowa team. It would take a perfect game from NDSU and some mistakes from Iowa to win it. As always AGS but I think this ones going to be ugly. Hope I'm wrong but hey if it's a beat down maybe FBS teams will start returning our calls again.

A perfect game from the FCS team and a poor game from the FBS team is pretty much the ingredients needed for every upset. We beat Tech in 2010 because they couldn't stop fumbling away the football. Our defense wanted more than theirs did.

Bison56
September 14th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Ironic how the "author" brings up the 2014 win over ISU, carefully saying they won 2 games and finished winless in the Big 12, but omitting that Iowa lost to that same terrible team. At home.樂

They always fail to mention that.

dewey
September 14th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Here is a post on the Bison Media Blog about the FBS playoffs and bow 5 of the 8 playoff teams from the last two years have played an FCS team.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bye-bye-to-the-big-ten/

Here is a video from the Bison Media Blog preview of the NDSU IOWA game.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-media-zone-ndsu-at-iowa-preview/

Here is an article from the Fargo Forum with some quotes from Iowa HC Ferentz and NDSU HC Klieman. It is interesting that NDSU HC says he is "leery" about how NDSU will matchup physically with Iowa.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/4114532-bison-first-caught-iowa-coach-ferentzs-attention-after-win-against-gophers

How NDSU matches up physically with Iowa who runs a similar type team is what I think concerns me the most.

Here is another article from the Fargo Forum about NDSU RB Lance Dunn getting to play in his home state and 1 hour and from 15 minutes from where he grew up.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/4114493-ndsus-dunn-heading-back-his-home-state-high-confidence

Here is a picture from where I will be sitting for the game.

Bison fans remember to wear green for the game.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2016, 09:47 AM
One fact I found interesting about this matchup is that if you look at the Sagarin ratings of the two OOC opponents Iowa and NDSU have each played NDSU has played a tougher non-conference schedule.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

99. EWU
104. Iowa St
131. CSU
135. Miami(OH)

Of course Iowa has handled their OOC opponents easily while NDSU has struggled to wins.

I agree with this. Our weakness is our secondary, we match up better against Iowa than EWU, that being said Iowa could drop a bunch of points on us as they are pretty balanced.
Good points. NDSU will need their dudes in the front 7 to play like dudes. I'm talking DeLuca, Tanguay, and Menard. Those guys all have Big Ten level ability and, for the first time in their careers, they're going to need to beat a team full of guys on the other side with Big Ten caliber ability.

dgtw
September 14th, 2016, 11:26 AM
I have never seen an article where someone tried to downplay an FCS opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
September 14th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Coming off of two overtime games isn't a good thing for NDSU. I think it will be the first time in a long time we've seen NDSU run out of gas against a FBS team in the second half.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Never tell me the odds.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 14th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Never tell me the odds.

The odds of that never happening are 5-1

Bisonator
September 14th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Coming off of two overtime games isn't a good thing for NDSU. I think it will be the first time in a long time we've seen NDSU run out of gas against a FBS team in the second half.

Yeah those first 2 games didn't allow us to play some of the backups and build depth. Plus we've got some guys banged up. Not a good situation to face a top FBS team.

Southern Bison
September 14th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Yeah those first 2 games didn't allow us to play some of the backups and build depth. Plus we've got some guys banged up. Not a good situation to face a top FBS team.
We opened at K-State for the '13 season so I assume we didn't have that "built depth" then either. The 1st two games of this season have given our 1st string & relievers plenty of game experience...much more than having a cupcake schedule.

No score prediction (head & heart are arguing)...just finish injury-free to prepare for MVFC & playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
September 14th, 2016, 12:20 PM

I'm sure those 3 plays of overtime against EWU really took it out of them. :p

dewey
September 14th, 2016, 12:23 PM
(head & heart are arguing)...just finish injury-free to prepare for MVFC & playoffs.

This right here.

My heart says
NDSU 24
Iowa 21

My head says
NDSU 17
Iowa 31

Dewey

Thumper 76
September 14th, 2016, 12:34 PM
I'm sure those 3 plays of overtime against EWU really took it out of them. :p

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/11/You-know-why-GIF.gif

F'N Hawks
September 14th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Line is up to 18.5. Started at 7.5 - that is F'n nutz.

Give me NDSU and 18.5, please. xdrunkyx

Bisonator
September 14th, 2016, 12:41 PM
We opened at K-State for the '13 season so I assume we didn't have that "built depth" then either. The 1st two games of this season have given our 1st string & relievers plenty of game experience...much more than having a cupcake schedule.

No score prediction (head & heart are arguing)...just finish injury-free to prepare for MVFC & playoffs.

That 2013 team was ladened with upper class players and even the backups had played quite a bit the previous year. It was also the first game of the season and they spent 2-3 weeks preparing for it. This years team isn't nearly as loaded with proven talent as 2013. Hopefully they grow up quick and correct their mistakes of the first 2 games. We'll see, as you mentioned I'm just hoping for no more injuries.

Edit: Also this years Iowa team would have thumped the 2013 K-state team.

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2016, 12:54 PM
What worries me maybe even more than the shaky secondary is NDSU's horrible punting. The last thing they can afford is to give Iowa short fields and, unless Koonce wakes up Saturday morning with a new right leg, that's bound to happen.

centennial
September 14th, 2016, 01:09 PM
What worries me maybe even more than the shaky secondary is NDSU's horrible punting. The last thing they can afford is to give Iowa short fields and, unless Koonce wakes up Saturday morning with a new right leg, that's bound to happen.

We need to go to rugby style punts. Koonce is the worst punter I've seen at NDSU in the last 10 years.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2016, 01:15 PM
We need to go to rugby style punts. Koonce is the worst punter I've seen at NDSU in the last 10 years.
He can't get distance.... It goes high... But never close to far enough.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

REALBird
September 14th, 2016, 02:06 PM
NDSU Defense will be the key. If you can stop the Iowa run game and force a few turnovers I think you guys have a legit chance. Iowa played a weak schedule last year, but they looked damn good taking us down last year. I can't say it was competitive at all until they put in the second and third unit.

Should be a good one. Go Bison.

UNIFanSince1983
September 14th, 2016, 02:15 PM
I am torn on this one. On one hand seeing the Hawks lose to an FCS school, and the meltdown that would go on would be hilarious. However, if NDSU wins you guys on this board my become even more unbearable. It is a conundrum.

My head says Iowa wins. They pretty much play the same style that NDSU does. That has seemed to be the best way to beat NDSU is by beating them at their own power football game. Dominating in the trenches which is something the Hawks under Ferentz have been very good at. So my head says Iowa while my heart probably says NDSU even if this board would be so unbearable.

centennial
September 14th, 2016, 02:27 PM
He can't get distance.... It goes high... But never close to far enough.

He has a good leg for the most part. He needs to just change the angle. If he can't learn that then rugby style is a little more risky but I'd rather do that than 35 yard punts.

centennial
September 14th, 2016, 02:37 PM
Also about these 2 games. NDSU made a lot of mistakes in both of them, incredible amount of penalties. Most FBS teams will lose vs FCS with those kind of mistakes. NDSU did play with a real handicap. Also any FCS team playing NDSU is playing with house money, and does get their best effort.

With those things being said- if, big if, NDSU can limit mistakes, play like an underdog. Meaning we install some safety blitzes, play aggressive on defense ( not like EWU where the coaches played not to lose), I think we have a real chance. Also big will be if the secondary can actually turn their damn heads and play the ball. We need a more WCO dip and dunk so that we can burn Iowa for being too aggressive.

One other observation- NDSU wins, not sure Coach K isn't thrown a low level P5 / high level G5 offer.

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2016, 03:19 PM
FWIW, I believe this is the first game NDSU hasn't been favored to win on 5dimes since K-State on 8/30/2013.

...yes they were favored to beat Iowa St to begin the 2014 season IIRC.

EDIT: I believe SDSU 2015 was very close to a push but I still think the Bison were favored. I'll have to dig in that old thread to see.

ElonFirefighter
September 14th, 2016, 03:21 PM

Michigan was over rated ;)

BisonTru
September 14th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Meaning we install some safety blitzes,

Not a fan of that one. Our secondary is the weakest unit. Bring a LB from time to time, but I have faith Menard and Tanguay can get some pressure even against this vaunted Oline.

centennial
September 14th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Not a fan of that one. Our secondary is the weakest unit. Bring a LB from time to time, but I have faith Menard and Tanguay can get some pressure even against this vaunted Oline.

I can see where you are coming from. IMO if we want to win we will have to take risks. We will have to run an aggressive defense. Could we get burned- yes. Is it a gamble not playing safe? - No. We already have a losing hand, all things considered we probably lose this one, at that point you are playing with house money like CSU. We have nothing to lose. How Coach K plays this will show me a lot about him. Go in aggressive and getting burned is lot better than trying to only lose by 3 TD's. I said this on Bisonville as well- BC the best defense in FBS runs the aggressive defense philosophy quite successfully. NDSU was similarish, we have deviated away from this for some reason.

BisonTru
September 14th, 2016, 07:05 PM
I can see where you are coming from. IMO if we want to win we will have to take risks. We will have to run an aggressive defense. Could we get burned- yes. Is it a gamble not playing safe? - No. We already have a losing hand, all things considered we probably lose this one, at that point you are playing with house money like CSU. We have nothing to lose. How Coach K plays this will show me a lot about him. Go in aggressive and getting burned is lot better than trying to only lose by 3 TD's. I said this on Bisonville as well- BC the best defense in FBS runs the aggressive defense philosophy quite successfully. NDSU was similarish, we have deviated away from this for some reason.

I disagree on the defense. What's made NDSU successful on D in the past and somewhat currently is great discipline. We rarely have guys out of position. I've never felt we ran an aggressive defense, maybe middle of the road, IMO. I really think against Iowa we don't need to re-invent the wheel. Just play our game. They aren't going to be able to run it down our throats with ease. Beathard is going to have to make plays and our DBs are going to need to counter and make plays.

Unfortunately with how young our secondary is I expect Iowa and Beathard to have some success. I think if we want to win this game we really need Stick to play well. Whether it's finding room to run or making throws.

Everyone seems to be down on our defense after that EWU game, but Iowa gave up 21 points to Miami. Eastern Illinois held Miami to 17. Massey still only has us as a 10 point dog. Crazier stuff has happened, and we were a 17 point dogs against KSU.

Jackal
September 14th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Beathard will light up the Bison secondary. Iowa 38-10

Green1
September 14th, 2016, 08:53 PM
I am torn on this one. On one hand seeing the Hawks lose to an FCS school, and the meltdown that would go on would be hilarious. However, if NDSU wins you guys on this board my become even more unbearable. It is a conundrum.

My head says Iowa wins. They pretty much play the same style that NDSU does. That has seemed to be the best way to beat NDSU is by beating them at their own power football game. Dominating in the trenches which is something the Hawks under Ferentz have been very good at. So my head says Iowa while my heart probably says NDSU even if this board would be so unbearable.

I really think you should root for NDSU. There is really no way that Bison fans could become MORE unbearable than what we already are. :D

FearTheBeak
September 14th, 2016, 09:03 PM
I can't wait to watch this game, NDSU is as fundamentally sound as most teams they will face this year, and I doubt the Hawkeyes will be able to put up a lot of points
in this game. From somebody who was at the FCS championship game last year, I have seen the physicality and tenacity of NDSU.

Hope you guys Dumpster them, I'll be watching!

Thumper 76
September 14th, 2016, 09:09 PM

This is incredibly accurate.

Bison56
September 14th, 2016, 09:14 PM

Unsure what you are torn, seems like a win win for everyone.

SUPharmacist
September 14th, 2016, 09:37 PM
I really think you should root for NDSU. There is really no way that Bison fans could become MORE unbearable than what we already are. :D

That sounds like a challenge.

PantherRob82
September 14th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Unsure what you are torn, seems like a win win for everyone.

Exactly.

dewey
September 15th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Here is a Fargo Forum article about NDSU welcoming back preseason all conference center Austin Kuhnert for this game.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/4115155-lesson-learned-bison-welcome-kuhnert-back-lineup-against-iowa

Dewey

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2016, 08:18 AM
NDSU gives Iowa all they can handle, but come up just short. 30-27

clenz
September 15th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Not as close as NDSU fans want to think.

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2016, 11:22 AM
NDSU is poised for a good beating

Sycamore62
September 15th, 2016, 11:25 AM
I havent seen a whole lot of NDSU play with Stick at QB but what I do see (and Ive said this on AGS before) would make me worry that he runs the ball too unsafe for his health in the long term.

Every time I turn on one of his games, I see a run where I'm thinking "man those 2 yards were not worth you getting a huge hit on you"

POD Knows
September 15th, 2016, 11:35 AM
NDSU will either lose by a lot, lose in a generally tight game or win in a tight game. Book it.

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2016, 11:43 AM
NDSU will either lose by a lot, lose in a generally tight game or win in a tight game. Book it.

You went out on limb with this one xbowx What is the consensus over on Bisonville for this one?

Drblankstare
September 15th, 2016, 12:21 PM
You went out on limb with this one xbowx What is the consensus over on Bisonville for this one?

Everyone over there is too busy flame warring with Iowa trolls to have a consensus.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2016, 12:25 PM

I am not on Bisonville but every time I have made a prediction and used the phrase, 'book it", I have been wrong so I figured I would hedge my bets here. xlolx

My honest feeling is that NDSU has the potential to get thrashed in this game but Iowa sometimes has a tendency to drop a big, stinky deuce every once in a while, so I am holding out hope. I think it will be a 2+ TD win by Iowa but NDSU never ceases to amaze me, they find ways to win.

Redbirdgrad
September 15th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Iowa by 24.

BisonTru
September 15th, 2016, 12:45 PM
I am not on Bisonville but every time I have made a prediction and used the phrase, 'book it", I have been wrong so I figured I would hedge my bets here. xlolx

NDSU will lose, book it.

FYP. No need to hedge if you're consistently on one side or the other.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2016, 12:52 PM
FYP. No need to hedge if you're consistently on one side or the other.

Yea, that works for me but I was hoping they would win by a lot as that was not one of my predicted outcomes.

No_Skill
September 15th, 2016, 01:00 PM
What score differential would it take to drop NDSU from the #1 spot?

centennial
September 15th, 2016, 01:03 PM
My gut feel is NDSU is losing by 2TD's. However, this team knows how to win. If Iowa gets complacent, or doesn't take NDSU seriously, they will lose. Coach K will need a good game plan.

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Anyone watching so far this year has to think Iowa will win pretty big, but it's never that easy or we'd all be rich. As others have mentioned, Iowa may be a better matchup for NDSU than EWU was. Little more concerned with what I saw against CSU as they were able to get stops on the NDSU offense.

It will take some turnovers and a few mistakes from Iowa, but this could easily be another NDSU shocker.

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Austin Kuhnert is going to be a key to this game.

Schism55
September 15th, 2016, 01:21 PM
This.
Expect the Bison O line to play with lots of attitude and be able to run the ball pretty well.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2016, 02:03 PM
I have watched both Iowa and NDSU this year and there is no way Iowa wins this game.

Book it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ysubigred
September 15th, 2016, 02:25 PM
NDSU 5 UI 2

That's all!

:D

Go Bison
September 15th, 2016, 02:50 PM

Do you think he plays center or do they move him to guard? Or does he and Volson both play? I am interested in watching what they do with him. On the defensive side of the ball I am curious who will be playing in the secondary for NDSU. If it is the same players that finished the game against EWU I feel it will be an ugly result for the Bison. If NDSU can get some of those players back that will help out a ton. I would have to say Iowa wins but not by the 3+ scores some are predicting.

Twentysix
September 15th, 2016, 03:26 PM
I have watched both Iowa and NDSU this year and there is no way Iowa wins this game.

Book it

The fountain of wisdom has spoken.

centennial
September 15th, 2016, 03:28 PM
The fountain of wisdom has spoken.
Lakes is still here in spirit.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I want both of you naysayers to report back here Saturday night and apologize, for being dickheads while the grownups are doing their thing.

Silenoz
September 15th, 2016, 03:33 PM
I want both of you naysayers to report back here Saturday night and apologize, for being dickheads while the grownups are doing their thing.

Rank the following teams:

EWU, NDSU, UNI, UM, Iowa, Iowa State

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2016, 03:36 PM

Shots fired

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2016, 04:10 PM

NDSU

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2016, 04:12 PM

If I have to do the rest (not that it matters)

Iowa, UNI, Montana, EWU, Iowa St in that order

UNIFanSince1983
September 15th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Bizon faithful your favorite Iowa news guy is at it again.

http://whotv.com/2016/09/15/whats-bugging-andy-bison-playing-hawkeyes-andy-calls-for-cancellation/

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2016, 04:43 PM

You don't seem to understand that if team A beats team B, team A is better until proven otherwise.

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2016, 05:23 PM

http://whotv.com/2016/09/15/whats-bugging-andy-bison-playing-hawkeyes-andy-calls-for-cancellation/
Not bad... not his best effort but still pretty good.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2016, 05:27 PM
You don't seem to understand that if team A beats team B, team A is better until proven otherwise.
That is your opinion

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Fales? meh.

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2016, 05:34 PM
That is your opinion

Yeah but I'm right

Bisonator
September 15th, 2016, 05:37 PM

He needs new material, the fracking weather and ugly people stick is old. Just doesn't seem to be into it anymore.

Silenoz
September 15th, 2016, 05:39 PM

So, need OT to beat EWU at home, without Kupp for half the game, but a mortal lock for a win in Kinnick?

I wouldn't put it past them, but even Bison fans think that's lolz

Bisonator
September 15th, 2016, 05:40 PM

Lol so the Griz were better then the Bison in 2015 until the beat down in the PO's? I suppose USD is still better then NDSU until we play again.xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2016, 05:42 PM
GATW is the kind of guy that thought Montana was better than NDSU last year when NDSU gave away the opening game.

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Lol so the Griz were better then the Bison in 2015 until the beat down in the PO's? I suppose USD is still better then NDSU until we play again.xcoffeex

No I would say they proved they were better than USD by winning the national championship.

Any other questions?

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2016, 05:46 PM
No I would say they proved they were better than USD by winning the national championship.

Any other questions?

Why? USD didn't get a shot at the championship. :D

Thumper 76
September 15th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Why? USD didn't get a shot at the championship. :D

And they would have gotten a shot at it too if it weren't for those meddling Jackrabbits!

And Redbirds. And Panthers. And Penguins. Well honestly you can read their schedule as well as I can.

BisonTru
September 15th, 2016, 05:58 PM
So, need OT to beat EWU at home, without Kupp for half the game, but a mortal lock for a win in Kinnick?

I wouldn't put it past them, but even Bison fans think that's lolz

I think Alfs spot on.😎

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Yeah but I'm right
No, you are a follower

thebootfitter
September 15th, 2016, 07:11 PM
A perfect game from the FCS team and a poor game from the FBS team is pretty much the ingredients needed for every upset. We beat Tech in 2010 because they couldn't stop fumbling away the football. Our defense wanted more than theirs did.
I respectfully disagree. Every Bison "upset" against FBS thus far has happened because NDSU was the better team. With K-State, I'd say they were peers on the field. There was nothing lightening in a bottle about those wins.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2016, 07:15 PM

Book it

You ****er, you said book it, game over, Iowa 35 NDSU 14

POD Knows
September 15th, 2016, 07:20 PM
He needs new material, the fracking weather and ugly people stick is old. Just doesn't seem to be into it anymore.

Yep, stale as ****, weak.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Do you think he plays center or do they move him to guard? Or does he and Volson both play? I am interested in watching what they do with him. On the defensive side of the ball I am curious who will be playing in the secondary for NDSU. If it is the same players that finished the game against EWU I feel it will be an ugly result for the Bison. If NDSU can get some of those players back that will help out a ton. I would have to say Iowa wins but not by the 3+ scores some are predicting.

Coach K has said Volson has played very well the first 2 games. I would put him at RG. Plankers has been marginal at best so far. Plankers is slow and takes too many penalties.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2016, 11:32 PM
You ****er, you said book it, game over, Iowa 35 NDSU 14

It was a shout out to you and your heavy influence on pop culture with the #bookit

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2016, 11:38 PM
I respectfully disagree. Every Bison "upset" against FBS thus far has happened because NDSU was the better team. With K-State, I'd say they were peers on the field. There was nothing lightening in a bottle about those wins.

I would have loved to seen K-State and NDSU play later in the year. Both teams improved as the season went on but the Wildcats ceiling might have been slightly higher by December/January. To date, that's easily the best FBS team NDSU has beaten.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2016, 05:34 AM
Just about ready to hit the road for Iowa City.

Looking forward to a good game. Go get a win Bison!

CHIP72
September 16th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Here is an interview with Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz talking about NDSU.

http://hawkeyenation.com/football/ferentz-talks-iowa-vs-ndsu

This would be the biggest regular season win for NDSU. National championships mean more than regular season games IMHO.

Dewey

If NDSU upsets Iowa, that win would trump the national titles in terms of visibility to most college football fans. I'm almost definite more college football fans, at least outside of North Dakota and northwest Minnesota, can tell you more about Appalachian State's win over Michigan in 2007 than any of NDSU's championships. (Actually, I'd argue NDSU's win over Kansas State 2-3 years ago is more remembered by most college football fans than any of NDSU's titles.)

I'm not saying that's fair (objectively, I agree with you Dewey), I'm just saying that is.

RootinFerDukes
September 16th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Slightly OT question here. When NDSU beat Kansas State in 2013, I remembered hearing they beat a ranked FBS team. I looked up the 2013 preseason polls on ESPN and they weren't ranked in either major poll. Was KSU ranked? Can someone provide proof if so. Thanks.

Additionally, this Iowa team is 13/11 between the two polls, for an average of 12. That would make it a bigger upset than our win over VT, who was a unanimous #13. Michigan was #5 unanimous and Oregon State was #25 unanimous when each lost to App State and EWU respectively.

Southern Bison
September 16th, 2016, 08:36 AM
If NDSU upsets Iowa, that win would trump the national titles in terms of visibility to most college football fans. I'm almost definite more college football fans, at least outside of North Dakota and northwest Minnesota, can tell you more about Appalachian State's win over Michigan in 2007 than any of NDSU's championships. (Actually, I'd argue NDSU's win over Kansas State 2-3 years ago is more remembered by most college football fans than any of NDSU's titles.)

I'm not saying that's fair (objectively, I agree with you Dewey), I'm just saying that is.
From a name recognition standpoint, I would argue the 2013 Bison Men's basketball win over 5th-seed Oklahoma in the 1st round of March Madness did more than the 2 NCs at that point. The K-State win got us College Gameday which did more for NDSU than the game itself.

dewey
September 16th, 2016, 09:15 AM

In terms of national exposure the win by NDSU over Oklahoma is the top dog right now. Second is NDSU beating K State in 2013.

Unfortunately National Championships get little love nationally but I would be happy to have NDSU lose at Iowa if it wins them another National Title in January.

Slightly OT question here. When NDSU beat Kansas State in 2013, I remembered hearing they beat a ranked FBS team. I looked up the 2013 preseason polls on ESPN and they weren't ranked in either major poll. Was KSU ranked? Can someone provide proof if so. Thanks.

Additionally, this Iowa team is 13/11 between the two polls, for an average of 12. That would make it a bigger upset than our win over VT, who was a unanimous #13. Michigan was #5 unanimous and Oregon State was #25 unanimous when each lost to App State and EWU respectively.

I thought I remember hearing that K State was in the "others receiving votes" category but I cannot confirm nor have I tried.

edit.
#26 in the 2013 preseason coaches poll.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/8/1/4578226/college-football-rankings-2013-coaches-poll-top-25

Here is another video from Bison Media Blog's Dom Izzo about deficits in the last 2 FBS games for NDSU.
https://www.bisonmediazone.com/bison-video-blog-the-fbs-way/

Dewey

We are leaving Minneapolis at 1230 today. I am excited and nervous to see how the game goes. I am also excited to be taking my 6.5 year old son to the game and try to have as much fun as possible with him.

Dewey

POD Knows
September 16th, 2016, 09:21 AM
It was a shout out to you and your heavy influence on pop culture with the #bookit

Is "bookit" trending

TheKingpin28
September 16th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Kinnick is, imo, the nicest stadium in the Big Ten as a whole and I am jealous that the one game I wanted to go to, (I have been there multiple times) I will not be going. I'll still be rooting for a 0-0 tie regardless but if NDSU wins, I would not complain at all.

dewey
September 16th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Forum sportswriter Eric Peterson interviewed Ferentz on Tuesday afternoon. You can listen to the entire interview here:

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2016/09/13/listen-iowa-coach-kirk-ferentz-says-ndsu-success-mind-boggling/

HC Ferentz seems to know quite a few details about the Bison program and some of the players on NDSU's team.

Dewey

MrNiceGuy
September 16th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Iowa fans don't seem too impressed with the Bison http://www.offtackleempire.com/2016/9/16/12897314/iowa-hawkeyes-vs-north-dakota-state-bison-big-ten-football

CHIP72
September 16th, 2016, 11:23 AM
From a name recognition standpoint, I would argue the 2013 Bison Men's basketball win over 5th-seed Oklahoma in the 1st round of March Madness did more than the 2 NCs at that point. The K-State win got us College Gameday which did more for NDSU than the game itself.

I agree - that NDSU basketball win in the NCAA Tournament over Oklahoma probably created more visibility than even the Kansas State football win. I think an NDSU win over Iowa might even top the NCAA Tournament win though because Iowa is ranked in the top 15.

Go Bison
September 16th, 2016, 01:01 PM

I don't believe Kansas State was ranked in the top 25 but was the top in the received votes category. That is what I remember.

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2016, 01:02 PM
I don't believe Kansas State was ranked in the top 25 but was the top in the received votes category. That is what I remember.
If memory serves me they were 26th Just outside of the top 25

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2016, 01:52 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/e49a62d59daee67930dcfd28961f485a.jpg

Looks like the herd is starting to migrate in.

Yote 53
September 16th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Iowa strolled to a 35-14 win over Illinois State last year with ISUr picking up those garbage points in the end. This Iowa team is better than last year's team that went 12-0 in the regular season and has not messed around this year. NDSU is not flying under the radar and will have Iowa's attention and I don't think this NDSU team is near the team they have had over the past 5 years, two squeakers at home kind of bear that out. The Hawkeyes just laid the wood to ISU last weekend 49-3, and the score is indicative of exactly how close that game was. I'm thinking Iowa wins this one about 38-13.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2016, 02:43 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/e49a62d59daee67930dcfd28961f485a.jpg

Looks like the herd is starting to migrate in.

We just took those flags down, we like Iowa. See you tomorow

Twentysix
September 16th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Iowa strolled to a 35-14 win over Illinois State last year with ISUr picking up those garbage points in the end. This Iowa team is better than last year's team that went 12-0 in the regular season and has not messed around this year. NDSU is not flying under the radar and will have Iowa's attention and I don't think this NDSU team is near the team they have had over the past 5 years, two squeakers at home kind of bear that out. The Hawkeyes just laid the wood to ISU last weekend 49-3, and the score is indicative of exactly how close that game was. I'm thinking Iowa wins this one about 38-13.

Kind of, but kind of not. ISU had several fumbles including one on the 5 yard line. Not that ISU had any chance to win the game, but it could have easily been like 35-20.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2016, 04:11 PM
A lot of Bison fans down by the Marriott already!!!

Thumper 76
September 16th, 2016, 04:16 PM
A lot of Bison fans down by the Marriott already!!!

http://i.imgur.com/FNt40Vu.gif

The Kicker
September 16th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Looking forward to watching this game this weekend. The FCS in me wants to see NDSU win 27-21 but if money was on the line to guess the correct score I would go Iowa 28-13. Feel it will be a close game overall

No_Skill
September 16th, 2016, 04:31 PM

I have to agree with all of this.

BisonTru
September 16th, 2016, 05:34 PM
This is the most relaxed I've been before a game in along time. It's also the first time in 3 years we weren't the favorite going in, and I'm not in don't **** this up guys mode.

Nobody thinks we'll win, we probably won't, and I won't feel bad if we do. If we win, hell yeah.

Prediction: My heart says 24-21 Bison. My head doesn't matter. I'm going to drink enough whiskey to keep him quiet.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2016, 05:38 PM
This is the first FBS game that I am not confident that the Bison can win. I still think they can win, just not as confident.

POD Knows
September 16th, 2016, 05:38 PM
This is the most relaxed I've been before a game in along time. It's also the first time in 3 years we weren't the favorite going in, and I'm not in don't **** this up guys mode.

Nobody thinks we'll win, we probably won't, and I won't feel bad if we do. If we win, hell yeah.

Prediction: My heart says 24-21 Bison. My head doesn't matter. I'm going to drink enough whiskey to keep him quiet.

This, easily the most relaxed I have been before a game in forever. I hope the players feel the same way and play loose.

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 16th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Is it true DeLuca is playing tomorrow and then he is being red-shirted and having surgery?

I read this on Facebook.

BV is saying people also heard this at the pep rally.

POD Knows
September 16th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Is it true DeLuca is playing tomorrow and then he is being red-shirted and having surgery?

Wow, where did you hear this?

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 16th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Wow, where did you hear this?
I just update my post.

I read it on Facebook.

BV is saying people heard it at the pep rally.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Is "bookit" trending
#yes
#bookit

Drblankstare
September 16th, 2016, 06:12 PM

I read this on Facebook.

BV is saying people also heard this at the pep rally.

This ranks with the Wentz broke his wrist tripping on barbed wire while hunting rumor.

If Deluca needs surgery he absolutely should not be playing tomorrow and I couldn't believe anyone would let him play in that condition.

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 16th, 2016, 06:25 PM
From BV............

HerdBot (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/member.php?561-HerdBot)
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/statusicon/user-offline.pngSenior MemberBisonville Hall of Famehttp://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.png

Join DateSep 2004Posts18,289Blog Entries17 (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/blog.php?561)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/icons/icon1.png Re: Iowa

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by CaBisonFan http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1152029#post1152029)
That's my source. I should say...the guy that wrote it on Facebook is a good friend of mine. He's reliable. Whether the rumor is true...I couldn't say for sure.

The rule is 30 percent or 3 games, so he could play and then red shirt

Thumper 76
September 16th, 2016, 06:47 PM
This ranks with the Wentz broke his wrist tripping on barbed wire while hunting rumor.

If Deluca needs surgery he absolutely should not be playing tomorrow and I couldn't believe anyone would let him play in that condition.

Honestly it really depends. If it's not risking further injury to keep playing, and it's just a pain thing, then go for it. Surprising that he wouldn't gut out the whole season if that's the case, if in fact all this wild speculation is true.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2016, 07:04 PM
I haven't heard anything about this DeLuca story down here

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Some Iowa fans that kind this is going to be a cakewalk. We'll see.

If the Bison have no turnovers, this could be close.

TheKingpin28
September 16th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Uh don't do this to me.

Drblankstare
September 16th, 2016, 07:33 PM

Lets face it. If NDSU turns the ball over it could get ugly.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Lets face it. If NDSU turns the ball over it could get ugly.

If that happens then you're probably right.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2016, 07:56 PM

Iowa fans are clueless dickbags that talk down to FCS teams, you guys will be fine if you run the ball and dont turn it over. Iowa is ALWAYS average even when they make a bowl game. BTW, Bruce Anderson is going to have a great game tomorrow #bankit

Drblankstare
September 16th, 2016, 08:06 PM
#bankit is trending on Grinder........ Don't ask me how I know and don't ask me how something can trend on grinder. Just don't

UNIFanSince1983
September 16th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Iowa is 16 point favorites.

Keep it closer than that please!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2016, 08:40 PM
What is grinder?

Game processing website?

SeattleBobcat
September 16th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I'll be tuning into this one tomorrow, I hope NDSU stays tough with them, but I think Iowa might be just a bit too much for NDSU. From the games I've seen this season NDSU D still looks really good, but the O for whatever the reason isn't the same... and I don't think that its just Wentz.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Metal fab?

centennial
September 16th, 2016, 09:14 PM
I'll be tuning into this one tomorrow, I hope NDSU stays tough with them, but I think Iowa might be just a bit too much for NDSU. From the games I've seen this season NDSU D still looks really good, but the O for whatever the reason isn't the same... and I don't think that its just Wentz.
Our secondary is weak. Offense has a little more spread in it, but I don't think that's the problem. Our big problem are the penalties. We clean that up, and Iowa will struggle to put us away.

Drblankstare
September 16th, 2016, 10:01 PM
What is grinder?

Game processing website?

Dont be shy Alpha, we will understand

X-Factor
September 16th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Yeah, I think part of what you're seeing is a lack of ground game production (relative to past Bison teams). Alot of that I think is due to the suspension of Austin Kuhnert the first two games. He is back in the rotation for Iowa now so that is huge. Our interior line was struggling a bit against CSU and even EWU.

dewey
September 16th, 2016, 10:47 PM
An interesting funny article about former NDSU AD and current deputy AD at Iowa Gene Taylor and his families loyalties for the game.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4117177-ndsu-vs-iowa-has-made-whirlwind-week-taylors

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 01:21 AM
Just heard from a very reputable source close to DeLuca that he plans on taking the redshirt option after the game. Another one of the AGSers on here was with me when they heard it as well. Tough break if this does turn out to be true.

IBleedYellow
September 17th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Time to find the nearest Casey's for pizza. En route to tailgating lots!

It's GAMEDAY! Lets Go Bison!

POD Knows
September 17th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Time to find the nearest Casey's for pizza. En route to tailgating lots!

It's GAMEDAY! Lets Go Bison!

Tell them to hold back on the bacon.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2016, 07:31 AM

hey POD, what McCartney song is floating around your grey shallow lobes this morning?

POD Knows
September 17th, 2016, 07:34 AM
hey POD, what McCartney song is floating around your grey shallow lobes this morning?

xdrunkyx Man, funny you would ask because I just heard the song Jet on the radio in my office.

caribbeanhen
September 17th, 2016, 07:50 AM
xdrunkyx Man, funny you would ask because I just heard the song Jet on the radio in my office.

who do you think played that song for you on your radio, remember now, I'm the Federal government.....

and Jets, I thought the only lonely place was on the Fargo Moon...... listen to that song with only the bass line playing, it's one of the reasons he's a billionare..... he get's inside your head regardless if you invited him or not......

NDSUtk
September 17th, 2016, 07:53 AM
I am having second thoughts. I just had Casey's Breakfast Pizza thinking that's the key to a Bison victory... but does that support Iowa more?! Torn right now...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ronin
September 17th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Iowa is over rated. NDSU will be their first competitive game of the year. Michigan will be the only other serious challenge. Iowa typically pads their schedule to make it as soft as possible. Seems like someone screwed up when they scheduled NDSU.

Hard to say this but Go Bison!

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 08:58 AM
I'm feeling more confident about our chances this morning..............

or maybe i need to take a dump.xlolx Anyway I'm sticking to a 38-17 score. Go Bison!

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 17th, 2016, 09:15 AM
More Bacon! You can never have enough bacon.

WTFCollegefootballfan
September 17th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Just heard from a very reputable source close to DeLuca that he plans on taking the redshirt option after the game. Another one of the AGSers on here was with me when they heard it as well. Tough break if this does turn out to be true.
This has to be about DeLuca's draft stock. Or the injury is worse than we have been told.

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 09:19 AM
More Bacon! You can never have enough bacon.

We are about to make our order and there is a vigorous discussion happening in the group. Bacon/sausage combined or half and half. I'll keep everyone posted

veinup
September 17th, 2016, 09:19 AM
go bizon

tomq04
September 17th, 2016, 09:25 AM
I'll hop on the train! Let's go Bizon!!

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2016, 09:47 AM
We are about to make our order and there is a vigorous discussion happening in the group. Bacon/sausage combined or half and half. I'll keep everyone posted

Half and half.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 10:07 AM
This has to be about DeLuca's draft stock. Or the injury is worse than we have been told.

That is what was discussed and the source agreed completely. He said he does not ant to be remembered as a guy who only played 3 games his senior year and then leaving it up to hope and chance after that.

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2016, 10:26 AM
That is what was discussed and the source agreed completely. He said he does not ant to be remembered as a guy who only played 3 games his senior year and then leaving it up to hope and chance after that.

Well he didn't want to have his surgery recovery time go through the draft and combine.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Well he didn't want to have his surgery recovery time go through the draft and combine.

Figured that was implied with only playing 3 games and having surgery after that. 6 month recovery gives him no time show game film or continue to get better.

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Half and half.

That was the winner. Also got a cheeseburger and buffalo chicken, which I feel is heresy. Beginning to question my choice of friends

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2016, 10:41 AM
That was the winner. Also got a cheeseburger and buffalo chicken, which I feel is heresy. Beginning to question my choice of friends

Their great one is the bbq beef. Very very good. But a cheeseburger pizza is heresy. Just get a damn burger.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Same with taco pizza

knucklehead
September 17th, 2016, 10:46 AM
I've got NDSU squeaking this one out.

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Their great one is the bbq beef. Very very good. But a cheeseburger pizza is heresy. Just get a damn burger.

This is Gameday. On a game that starts before noon. You have breakfast pizza. There is just no accounting for taste I guess.

spdram
September 17th, 2016, 10:52 AM
You want to be the best - you have to beat the best - Go Bison!

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 11:07 AM
****ing bad snap

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:08 AM
They had something going too. That is a shame.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 11:09 AM
I was waiting for that bad snap.....4 or 5 snaps before were very high, Kuhnart needs to calm down

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 11:10 AM
I was waiting for that bad snap.....4 or 5 snaps before were very high, Kuhnart needs to calm down

Looked like he was pulling, just got in a hurry.

CockyGeek
September 17th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Oh. It's Beth Mowins. I think I'll go pour bleach in my ears now

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:14 AM
good 3 and out and now to start in their own zone.

Da Herd
September 17th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Man.. That bad snap, that sideline play might have been a catch and Frazier had a good chance at taking that one to the house... little "almosts" abound. Bison look solid.

BEAR
September 17th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Is this game on tv? Or online somewhere?

Go Bison!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 11:23 AM
That INT is better than a punt..........if you are going to throw one it might as well be there.

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 11:24 AM
As good as Stick has been. He has a few throws a game that are not smart. That was one of them.

He should have tucked it and run

Twentysix

Go Bison!

Espn2

ALPHAGRIZ1

Go Bison!
ESPN 2

X-Factor
September 17th, 2016, 11:25 AM

Go Bison!

ESPN2

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 11:25 AM
As good as Stick has been. He has a few throws a game that are not smart. That was one of them.

He should have tucked it and run
Definitely. Gotta be smarter then that to have a chance to win this game.

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Ooooooooh. Shiiiiiit

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 17th, 2016, 11:30 AM
I saw that pick coming from a mile away!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 11:30 AM
I ****ING LOVE how quiet those asshole Iowa fans just got!

Bison too physical for Iowa and its really going to show in the second half.

dwtime
September 17th, 2016, 11:31 AM
About this time the Iowa players are saying: "Who the hell scheduled this game?"

TheKingpin28
Oh baby! Pick 6!

KnightoftheRedFlash
Nile Kinnick would disapprove of any poor behavior.

I would watch this game to its entirely, but Doris Burke's voice prevents it.

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 11:32 AM
TD BISON!!!!

underdawg
September 17th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Ha-ha, ok I admit it--Bison D is great

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Where was this Defense the last game? Seriously?

X-Factor
September 17th, 2016, 11:35 AM

In a 3 down lineman look!

gsf23nd
September 17th, 2016, 11:35 AM

Don't get too excited. Am sure Iowa is going to make adjustments...see what the defense does as well..

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 17th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Don't get too excited. Am sure Iowa is going to make adjustments...see what the defense does as well..

Plus, Iowa's coach has a way of escaping upsets.

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Both defenses are selling hard on the run. I'm afraid Iowa is going to kill the Bison d on that play action

Hammersmith
September 17th, 2016, 11:39 AM
After the first two games, I was just hoping the Bison wouldn't get embarrassed. This has been great. (lot of time for things to change, I know, but choosing to look on the bright side)

gsf23nd
Both defenses are selling hard on the run. I'm afraid Iowa is going to kill the Bison d on that play action

They would have killed them with it on the first drive if they didn't overthrow the TE

No_Skill
Our Dline need to get more pressure. Tall task, I know.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 17th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Good call by Kirk. Aggression mostly win games.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Another reason why the secondary is ****. Can't even cover correctly.

The Yo Show
September 17th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Thats a big momentum swing. Would have been great to stop them at 4th down there.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Ouch

gsf23nd
September 17th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Alright...run one back Bruce..

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Damn our young DB's left that guy wide open. Growing pains.

moc n tn1991
September 17th, 2016, 11:48 AM
I was getting ready to comment on how well the Bison were containing Iowa until that TD pass. Time to respond.

veinup
September 17th, 2016, 11:49 AM
niiiiiiice.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:51 AM
BRUUUUUUUUUCE!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 11:52 AM
NDSU is the better team, definitely more talented

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Someone is going to get injured with how hard these hits are.

BigGoosie13
September 17th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Why Bison, why do you rotate your rb's so much. I don't like it.

gsf23nd
BRUUUUUUUUUCE!

And he probably won't see the ball again till the third quarter..

moc n tn1991
Time for another pick 6.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:56 AM
And he probably won't see the ball again till the third quarter..

That's why Polasek is such a great OC. Does not use common sense but still calls the most obvious plays.

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Iowa looks like they are waking up.

gsf23nd
September 17th, 2016, 11:59 AM
That's why Polasek is such a great OC. Does not use common sense but still calls the most obvious plays.

Yup...that's TimP...Hey Bruce is really starting to feel it...better stop giving him the ball..

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Does someone in the secondary want to play defense? Bueller? Bueller?

gsf23nd
Gonna get ugly if the offense can't stay on the field..

The Yo Show
Secondary looked lost on that TD throw.

Drblankstare
Note to MVFC teams: run play action on NDSU

Bisonator
September 17th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Our secondary is ****. Teams should just chuck the pigskin all day against us. xsmhx

POD Knows
September 17th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Might have to go nickel with 4 down linemen or something.

gsf23nd
September 17th, 2016, 12:04 PM
And down goes Bisonville..

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Grimsley got smoked on that play, he has looked lost a lot this year. Played much better last year so IMO

gsf23nd
September 17th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Our secondary is ****. Teams should just chuck the pigskin all day against us. xsmhx

Maybe they should go back to 3 down lineman again...

moc n tn1991
Ouch

Drblankstare
Might have to go nickel with 4 down linemen or something.

Still doesn't fix the safeties having no clue

Drblankstare
September 17th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Gotta go for it

gsf23nd
September 17th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Guess 35 yds is the top end for the Bison punter..

The Yo Show
September 17th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Why not squib it more than kick it straight up? Probably could get more distance.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Guess 35 yds is the top end for the Bison punter..

I could do better than that without taking any steps. Hangtime is great but no distance does not help.

thebootfitter
September 17th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Wow! Can we borrow their punter?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 12:12 PM
hell I could do better than that barefooted. No bull ****. The distance is pathetic. I'd love to go head to head against him.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 12:13 PM
I like this idiot announcer treating Stick different than if he was a RB. Why do "body blows" only add up on QBs and not RBs, WRs and TEs?