PDA

View Full Version : shouldn't the name of this website really be

Red Hawk
July 9th, 2005, 10:50 AM
anygivensaturdayandtheoccasionalthursdayandfriday. com ?

Seriously, was looking at the consolidated I-AA schedule and was surprised by how many Thursday games there are. Any idea why that is? SEMO plays 2 this year, though one was added for television on ESPNU.

Retro
July 9th, 2005, 11:14 AM
There are a lot more thursday games this year because of ESPNU specfically.. Before that, there was maybe 2-3 a week max and usually for the fox regional channels..

blukeys
July 10th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Delaware will schedule a Thursday night game (typically the opener) for a game that might come on the Labor Day weekend. Traffic is heavy going to the Delaware Beaches on Friday and Saturday of that weekend and of course the temperatures are much more comfortable for a night game.

WCU LawCat
July 11th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Western Carolina Usually plays its home opener on Thursday night for a better gate.

TexasTerror
July 11th, 2005, 06:34 AM
SHSU plays Bacone on a Thursday night at home to kick off the season and then ends the year playing in San Marcos against Texas St - San Marcos on a Thursday for TV purposes.

TxState_GO_CATS!
July 11th, 2005, 09:40 AM
SHSU plays Bacone on a Thursday night at home to kick off the season and then ends the year playing in San Marcos against Texas St - San Marcos on a Thursday for TV purposes.

Has the move to Thurs. night for the SHSU-Texas State game been confirmed?? I thought they were still thinking about it...

TexasTerror
July 11th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Has the move to Thurs. night for the SHSU-Texas State game been confirmed?? I thought they were still thinking about it...

Pretty much confirmed in the Huntsville Item yesterday.