PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 3

carney2
September 11th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Week 3

Patriot vs. Ivy begins with three tough games - and one bakery special.

Cornell @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ Yale
HOLY CROSS @ Albany
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton
LEHIGH @ Penn

Bye: FORDHAM, GEORGETOWN

GAME OF THE WEEK: COLGATE @ Yale – Most have the Raiders at or near the top of the heap in the Patriot League. Lots of talking the talk. Let’s see if they can walk the walk.

ANOTHER GAME TO WATCH: Lehigh @ Penn – Penn surprised the Ivys last year with a good season. If they’re for real this will be a tough game for the brown clads to notch win no. 1.

kdinva
September 11th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Bucknell 21; Cornell 13
Yale 28; Colgate 13
Albany 31; Holy Cross 28
Princeton 30; Lafayette 23
Penn 21; Lehigh 17

PAllen
September 11th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Bucknell's at home so they should pull out the win, but my dismay of the recent and current level of the PL has me picking the league O'fer.

bonarae
September 11th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Bucknell
Colgate
Albany
Princeton
Lehigh

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Bucknell's at home so they should pull out the win, but my dismay of the recent and current level of the PL has me picking the league O'fer.

I agree. I see a lot of ugliness this week for the league....

VictoryViking
September 11th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Bucknell 28; Cornell 17
Yale 28; Colgate 20
Holy Cross 28 Albany 21
Princeton 35; Lafayette 24
Penn 29; Lehigh 21

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23508&stc=1

Ivytalk
September 11th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Bucknell
Yale
HC
Princeton
Penn

ngineer
September 11th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Still a glass half full guy. I see Bucky getting by the seemingly Big Red, 20-17

The Ivies are having their first games, which I am counting on for some first game mistakes, and hopefully, translating into PL points, so I'm going with the Red Raiders over Eli, who's not coming, 24-21.

Cross will score, but "The Dane Curse" arises and scores more, 31-28.

Despite the Ivy initial game jitters, nothing calms the Princeton Tiggers more than the Pooh Bears of Laughyette. Old Nassau, 34-17.

I am banking on the Lehigh team who played at Villanova to show up in Franklin Field and give no peace to the Quakers. Big Brown finds it's stride, 31-21.

jimbo65
September 12th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Bucknell

Colgate

Albany

Princeton

Penn

bluefish
September 12th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Big Red
Red Raiders
Danes
Tigers
Quakers

Gangtackle11
September 12th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Last Week: 5-1 Season: 11-2

Bucknell 24 Cornell 14 - Buck takes the battle of Nells.

Yale 24 Colgate 20 - Yale locks up the Red Raiders.

Albany 24 Holy Cross 23 - see my CAA prediction post. 3-0 Albany doesn't seem right.

Princeton 35 Lafayette 17 - Pards are thankful to AD scheduling CCSU.

Penn 37 Lehigh 31 - Maybe next week Mountain Hawks.

ColgateTD
September 12th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Bucknell by 14
Colgate by 10
HC by 17
Princeton by 21
Lehigh by 10

Season: 11-2

RichH2
September 12th, 2016, 09:59 AM
FWIW. Massey
PRINCETON 35-14
BUCKNELL. 14-7
LEHIGH. 38-28
YALE. 27-23
CROSS. 24-23

KillaBee
September 12th, 2016, 10:14 AM
OKAY, last week I had 1 lost.. My Leopards could not pull it out... However, this week I am looking to pick all winners....

Bucknell
Yale
Holy Cross
Penn
Lafayette

Down goes the Tigers, in Princeton.. The Leopards will return to 1st game form and beat down the Tigers...

Goooooooooo Leopards.......

Kramer
September 12th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Bucknell 21 Cornell 13
Gate 27 Yale 21
Albany 34 HC 28
Penn 34 Lehigh 31
Princeton 35 Lafayette 17

I hope I'm wrong about Lehigh vs Penn...

Go...gate
September 12th, 2016, 02:54 PM
I agree. I see a lot of ugliness this week for the league....

I know this: Yale, whether good, bad or mediocre, ALWAYS gives Colgate trouble, though Colgate has notched a couple of memorable victories in the series.

bgsmitty43
September 12th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Bucknell 24 Cornell 13 (Bison's offense will improve, Cornell untested and will succumb to Bucknell defense)
Yale 21 Colgate 31 (Colgate has learned from 'Cuse loss, I like their defense, and will use their seasoned experience at home)
Albany 38 HC 51 (HC can score quickly with their stable of WRs, they will outlast Albany. Wouldn't be surprised if they are on top of PL at end of the season)
Penn 28 Lehigh 24 (if Lehigh can control the clock and find success on the ground and the ball bounces their way a time or two, an upset could happen)
Princeton 33 Lafayette 17 (Tigers too much talent for a regrouping Leopard team that has played a challenging OOC schedule)

PL will come back with a 3-2 record this week. Georgetown idle.

TheValleyRaider
September 12th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Went 5-1 last week, up to 10-3 on the season. Good for me, less so for the League, but it's Ivy Week

Cornell at Bucknell Bucknell The Bison have won 2 straight against the other 'Nell, including a tight one last year in Ithaca. As has become usual with Bucknell, I think the defense is pretty good, and the offense isn't. Cornell's coach has 5 wins in 3 seasons. His predecessor had 11 in the same time frame. Is his seat getting warm in Ithaca? Is anything ever warm in Ithaca? By the way, this is another opponent the Bison have played a lot recently, now 15 years running against the Big Red. Practically Ivy-like in their scheduling.

Colgate at Yale Colgate A pivotal game for the Raiders' OOC slate, with Richmond and Cornell left. Yale traditionally gives the 'Gate all kinds of problems. At 11-28-3, it's easily our worst record against an Ivy foe. Usual caveats about our 2nd game against their 1st game apply, but that hasn't helped much in recent years. The Raiders nearly pulled it off last year, and while doing it in the Bowl is a different animal, I feel good about our shot of notching one for the League. We don't need to beat Yale to win the PL, but it would be a good sign of the League's position.

Holy Cross at Albany Albany Just short again for the Crusaders in a tough road match-up last week. No doubt this one looked easier compared to UNH when the schedule got made, but I'm not sure that's the case this year. I believe the Cross has enough offense to make this another close one, but until they pull it out I'm not sure I can confidently pick HC to win a big one, especially on the road. They're going to ruin a lot of people's picking if and when they finally do, but right now I think the Danes are in the cards.

Lafayette at Princeton Princeton I've said much about Lafayette's unpredictability, and was not the least bit surprised when they were up on UD until late in the 3rd quarter. However, as carney and others will remind us, few things are more predictable than the Leopards losing to Princeton. Won't be surprised if they make a game out of it, will be if it's still a game by the end.

Lehigh at Pennsylvania Lehigh I went back and forth on this one quite a bit, including just now as I wrote this preview. The Hawks showed more jump down on the Main Line, and will head back to Philly for the second straight week. Penn took the Ivy League last year (sort of), while also getting thumped in Bethlehem. Good for LU and the League, and a nice reminder that it's not all grey skies against the Ancient 8. I expect a closer game this time around, but I think Lehigh will be a bit more desperate, and grab win #1.

Gangtackle11
September 12th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Massey Predictions:

Bucknell 14 Cornell 7
Yale 27 Colgate 23
Holy Cross 24 Albany 23
Princeton 35 Lafayette 14
Penn 38 Lehigh 28

blackbeard
September 13th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Bucknell gets the win, the rest get spanked

eiu1999
September 13th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Cornell @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ Yale
HOLY CROSS @ Albany
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton
LEHIGH @ Penn

World
September 13th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Cornell @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @Yale
HOLY CROSS @ Albany
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton
LEHIGH @ Penn

carney2
September 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Cornell @ BUCKNELL - Maybe the only win of the day for the Patriot League.

COLGATE @ Yale - 'gate may be the best of the (Patriot League) lot, but are probably not up to this.

HOLY CROSS @ Albany - Taking a chance that Pujals is a legend and not just a good QB.

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton - Pards have already beaten the Tabbies twice this century (2000 and 2003). That is one more than the gods allow. Not a prayer.

LEHIGH @ Penn - Could go either way, but my suspicion is that the sky really is falling in Turdville.

RichH2
September 13th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Bison over Big Red
Gate over Yale. Yalies probably have more talent overall. Right now Raiders are the better team
Cross over Albany pure PL pick. Game could go either way. Can Crusaders show up in the 4th
Princeton over Pards. Pards have yet to show an O. D may keep them in the game. An offense and they could win.
LU over Penn. Totally biased pick. I hate Penn. Lehigh must improve again to get this W. The have to relearn how to close out games to win.

carney2
September 14th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Stealing Bogie's thinder, but the lines are out for Saturday:

BUCKNELL 7 1/2 over Cornell
Yale 3 1/2 over COLGATE
HOLY CROSS 3 over Albany
Princeton 18 1/2 over LAFAYETTE
Penn 9 1/2 over LEHIGH

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2016, 08:16 PM
We beat Princeton twice in the 20th century. We've beaten them twice in the 21st. I'm waiting until 2101. Time to focus on Villanova.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Cornell @ BUCKNELL - Maybe the only win of the day for the Patriot League.

COLGATE @ Yale - 'gate may be the best of the (Patriot League) lot, but are probably not up to this.

HOLY CROSS @ Albany - Taking a chance that Pujals is a legend and not just a good QB.

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton - Pards have already beaten the Tabbies twice this century (2000 and 2003). That is one more than the gods allow. Not a prayer.

LEHIGH @ Penn - Could go either way, but my suspicion is that the sky really is falling in Turdville.

Not so sure C2. I think Colgate will beat Yale and the Lehigh Penn game will be very close. This is a good barometer to see if Lehigh is for real.

RichH2
September 14th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Do think Gate can take Yalies. Lehigh ? We'll see.

Gangtackle11
September 14th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Posted this on July 7th. Doesn't look so far fetched now for Lehigh.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DFW HOYA http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2351314#post2351314)
Lafayette will not finish 0-11. And no way Lehigh will be 3-8.
But if HC finishes 6-5 (again), the heat on Gilmore will increase.

How the computer saw Lehigh & Lafayette:

Lehigh
Monmouth 28-29 L
@Villanova 21-33 L
@Penn 28-35 L
@Yale 27-34 L
Princeton 30-35 L
Colgate 29-31 L
@Georgetown 31-26 W
@Holy Cross 27-33 L
Fordham 31-43 L
Bucknell 24-20 W
@Lafayette 31-24 W

Lafayette
@CCSU 19-28 L
Delaware 10-23 L
@Princeton 19-38 L
Villanova 10-30 L
Holy Cross 17-21 L
@Fordham 19-45 L
@Army 9-38 L
@Bucknell 13-24 L
Georgetown 20-21 L
@Colgate 17-33 L
Lehigh 24-31 L

van
September 14th, 2016, 09:06 PM
10-3 on the year, going against the popular thoughts this week

Cornell @ BUCKNELL, Buffs D shuts down the big red

COLGATE @ Yale, 2 weeks for gate to get ready, game one for Eli

HOLY CROSS @ Albany, not sold on Danes and perhaps Cross does not fold in 4th this week

LAFAYETTE @ Princeton, never go against the curse

LEHIGH @ Penn, can't start 0-3, O finishes the game winning drive this week

Bill
September 14th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Sitting at 10-3 thus far...these picks are for entertainment purposes only:

Cornell @ BUCKNELL - Bucknell, 17-14
COLGATE @ Yale - Colgate, 29-28
HOLY CROSS @ Albany - Holy Cross, 32-24
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton - Princeton, 2-0
LEHIGH @ Penn - Penn, 28-22

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Posted this on July 7th. Doesn't look so far fetched now for Lehigh.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by DFW HOYA http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2351314#post2351314)
Lafayette will not finish 0-11. And no way Lehigh will be 3-8.
But if HC finishes 6-5 (again), the heat on Gilmore will increase.

How the computer saw Lehigh & Lafayette:

Lehigh
Monmouth 28-29 L
@Villanova 21-33 L
@Penn 28-35 L
@Yale 27-34 L
Princeton 30-35 L
Colgate 29-31 L
@Georgetown 31-26 W
@Holy Cross 27-33 L
Fordham 31-43 L
Bucknell 24-20 W
@Lafayette 31-24 W

Lafayette
@CCSU 19-28 L
Delaware 10-23 L
@Princeton 19-38 L
Villanova 10-30 L
Holy Cross 17-21 L
@Fordham 19-45 L
@Army 9-38 L
@Bucknell 13-24 L
Georgetown 20-21 L
@Colgate 17-33 L
Lehigh 24-31 L

Both of these teams are headed for train wrecks if they don't get it turned around ASAP. There were legit and justified expectations on Lehigh to start the year. A 4-7/3-8 season should result in the staff being let go imo.

The more I read about the Ivies heading into this week the more I believe Lehigh, Colgate and Lafayette are in big trouble. I don't see Colgate or Lehigh having the defenses to stop the opposing offenses. Yale's RB stable is probably one of the 5 most talented groups in FCS and Penn's QB is beastly. Meanwhile, Lafayette doesn't have the offense to challenge Kanoff and the Tigers....

RichH2
September 14th, 2016, 09:28 PM
owl
Dont be seduced by the Dark side. :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2016, 09:33 PM
owl
Dont be seduced by the Dark side. :)

I'm not but as I'm doing my weekly preview I'm confident in the betting lines. I don't see Lehigh winning this week. In fact, I don't see them winning the next three weeks based on what Yale and Princeton(Kanoff is like an 8th years senior) are returning. I hate to say it but I think 0-5 for the second time in three years will happen. xbawlingx

I think it's quite possible (if not likely) 1-3 Colgate vs 0-5 Lehigh will face off on October 8th....

RichH2
September 14th, 2016, 09:59 PM
I'm not but as I'm doing my weekly preview I'm confident in the betting lines. I don't see Lehigh winning this week. In fact, I don't see them winning the next three weeks based on what Yale and Princeton(Kanoff is like an 8th years senior) are returning. I hate to say it but I think 0-5 for the second time in three years will happen. xbawlingx

I think it's quite possible (if not likely) 1-3 Colgate vs 0-5 Lehigh will face off on October 8th....

Wow. The 1st 2 games are not predictive of Ivy games. Penn has weapons on O but an untested OL. D is a question mark. Princeton will be a he who scores last wins. Agree on Yale. They are loaded. Of course you can toss these into the crapper if D doesn't show up in any of the games. Think D will give us enough.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Wow. The 1st 2 games are not predictive of Ivy games. Penn has weapons on O but an untested OL. D is a question mark. Princeton will be a he who scores last wins. Agree on Yale. They are loaded. Of course you can toss these into the crapper if D doesn't show up in any of the games. Think D will give us enough.

I think Penn and Yale will prove to be better than Monmouth and Villanova.

I've had Penn in the Top 20 of my AGS Poll since the preseason. I think they'll be the best team Lehigh's faced so far. They'll also have revenge on their mind given what happened last year. They have the Top QB in the IL and were picked 2nd behind Harvard. They're very good. If Lehigh is basing their optimism solely on the fact its the Quakers first game they have no shot.

Princeton smacked around Lehigh pretty good last year. Even so, of the next three games this is the one I give Lehigh the best chance to win because it's at home and Princeton is pretty flaky.

Yale up there will be brutally difficult given their running game. If Lehigh gave up 396 rush yards to 'Nova the Eli might sniff the 500 yard mark.

90% of the people I've seen are picking Penn this week. Given that and the betting line it would be a pretty big upset if Lehigh avoids 0-3.

Go...gate
September 15th, 2016, 01:27 AM
Still early yet....

Bucknell 19, Cornell 16

Yale 22, Colgate 17

Albany 28, Holy Cross 24

Princeton 33, Lafayette 21

Lehigh 26, Penn 23

Southsider
September 15th, 2016, 06:46 AM

I've had Penn in the Top 20 of my AGS Poll since the preseason. I think they'll be the best team Lehigh's faced so far. They'll also have revenge on their mind given what happened last year. They have the Top QB in the IL and were picked 2nd behind Harvard. They're very good. If Lehigh is basing their optimism solely on the fact its the Quakers first game they have no shot.

Princeton smacked around Lehigh pretty good last year. Even so, of the next three games this is the one I give Lehigh the best chance to win because it's at home and Princeton is pretty flaky.

Yale up there will be brutally difficult given their running game. If Lehigh gave up 396 rush yards to 'Nova the Eli might sniff the 500 yard mark.

90% of the people I've seen are picking Penn this week. Given that and the betting line it would be a pretty big upset if Lehigh avoids 0-3.

As always, good analysis Owl. You know, a few weeks back another LU poster claimed "LU always starts off the season slow"....or something to that effect. Well, after 10+ years of Coen, I ask, why??? Why, year after year, the same uncertainties exist? I think many on this board know the answer. So, like the Pardfans, we will muddle through another season talking how good this team "could be"!

KillaBee
September 15th, 2016, 07:32 AM
The Tigers have lost 8 of their last 9 season openers...

I select The Leopards over The Tigers.. hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down goes the Tigers!!!! Bet the House!!!!

carney2
September 15th, 2016, 08:15 AM
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton, never go against the curse

That's The Curse, van. If you're going to reference it, get it right. Betting on this game should not focus on who will win, or by how much, or over/under. Since you can supposedly bet on anything, I'd be betting on whether the Pards No-O, with no offensive line can cross Tabby's goal line before garbage time. I repeat, how can a coach still be employed while operating with this glaring, debilitating problem for seven consecutive years?!!

RichH2
September 15th, 2016, 09:38 AM
As always, good analysis Owl. You know, a few weeks back another LU poster claimed "LU always starts off the season slow"....or something to that effect. Well, after 10+ years of Coen, I ask, why??? Why, year after year, the same uncertainties exist? I think many on this board know the answer. So, like the Pardfans, we will muddle through another season talking how good this team "could be"!
First game edge is real but only for the early parts of the game. For us to upset Penn we have to be better than we were vs Nova. Our D has yet to be tested by a passing attack. Penn has a very good QB and Watson is the best WR we will face this year. Yale definitely a top 20 team. Penn may be , I dont know. Really dont expect a repeat of last year. The question for Lehigh is simply whether D can limit Penn O and get stops which they were unable to do vs Nova. Penn has a much better balanced O. D must show more on Sat. By that I mean DC play calls. Players are aggressive and swarming. DC has not shown much more than a nickel prevent D. Penn has seen our game films. DC needs to open the playbook for schemes Penn hasn't seen. If not expect similar result to Nova.
O will score on Penn.
My gut is that D will be better again. Good enough? That's the $64 question. Hope so.

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Big week to see if the PL has made much progress (although so was last week and that didn't work out so well).

I think I have 5 losses on the season w/ the picks.

Cornell 10 @ BUCKNELL 17
COLGATE 35 @ Yale 34
HOLY CROSS 31 @ Albany 21
LAFAYETTE 24 @ Princeton 39
LEHIGH 27 @ Penn 34

RichH2
September 15th, 2016, 10:59 AM

Penn will be a daunting O returning all WRs,RB and QB. Need only replace TE and 3 OL.
Penn was avg at best last year. Returns 5 starters. Lost Drake at ILB their best player and the entire DL.. I note Penn plays a variety of the 3-3-5 similar to Lehigh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Penn will be a daunting O returning all WRs,RB and QB. Need only replace TE and 3 OL.
Penn was avg at best last year. Returns 5 starters. Lost Drake at ILB their best player and the entire DL.. I note Penn plays a variety of the 3-3-5 similar to Lehigh.

Penn started slow but really played well down the stretch. They did beat Harvard to earn an Ivy League co-championship. The QB-WR duo will be either best or second best (Pujals/Flaherty) Lehigh sees all year. The RB combo is certainly good enough to give Lehigh fits. Monmouth also had to replace 3/5 of their OL and it worked out pretty good for them. This will easily be the stiffest challenge Botts faces this year in terms of balance. The Quakers can strike from anywhere on the field.

The defense is inexperienced but there's talent especially at LB. Lehigh has scored 21 points in each of the first two games. Before the season must people figured they'd easily average 30 for the year. Well they better get their ass in gear to make it happen. They'll have to hit 30+ on Saturday to have a shot imo...

RichH2
September 15th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Penn started slow but really played well down the stretch. They did beat Harvard to earn an Ivy League co-championship. The QB-WR duo will be either best or second best (Pujals/Flaherty) Lehigh sees all year. The RB combo is certainly good enough to give Lehigh fits. Monmouth also had to replace 3/5 of their OL and it worked out pretty good for them. This will easily be the stiffest challenge Botts faces this year in terms of balance. The Quakers can strike from anywhere on the field.

The defense is inexperienced but there's talent especially at LB. Lehigh has scored 21 points in each of the first two games. Before the season must people figured they'd easily average 30 for the year. Well they better get their ass in gear to make it happen. They'll have to hit 30+ on Saturday to have a shot imo...

Well we agree on that :). Lehigh has to be 30+ to get this W.

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2016, 11:50 AM

If you break down the 2015 schedule as far as scoring, all of their higher scoring games came in conference, save the Penn game. It's good that we are able to score against the PL, but it doesn't prove much to our national status when everytime our offense is challenged, we fall short. First 5 games last year we scored 20, 17, 42, 26 & 12. About 23/game OOC. Same thing we are seeing this year so far. I'm not encouraged by our offense, but I wasn't last year either.

RichH2
September 15th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Took a swing by Ivy Board to see how they view 1st week. Interesting the top threads are all on Basketball.:) . OOC games dont have much import there it seems. :):)

Fordham
September 15th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Bucknell
Colgate
Albany
Princeton
Penn

Fordhamanhattan
September 15th, 2016, 02:23 PM
The Bison even with a tall but slow footed qb should beat the cliff dwellers 24-7
I gotta think Melville's crew over overrated Eli 34-21
The unlikely named Danes of Albany (Is it Great danes or Hamlet's folks?) over snakebit Cross. 35-28
F. Scott's boys over the spotted ones, 21-7
The erstwhile Engineers over Trump's alma mater 36-35

RichH2
September 15th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Caveat for Bison Nitti may be out with an ankle injury.

van
September 15th, 2016, 02:34 PM

I think Penn D is more like a 3-4 than the stack 3-3-5

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 15th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Caveat for Bison Nitti may be out with an ankle injury.

He's listed as the starter on the 2 deep.

RichH2
September 15th, 2016, 03:46 PM
I think Penn D is more like a 3-4 than the stack 3-3-5
Not sure n. Apparently he is listed as both a DB and a LB. Smells like a Rover. Then again we list a Rover who rarely plays there.:)

RichH2
September 15th, 2016, 03:49 PM
He's listed as the starter on the 2 deep.

According to Bison board he has bern in a boot since last game when he hurt his ankle. LU listed Caslow as starter for MU not yet cleared with broken hand.

PAllen
September 15th, 2016, 06:58 PM
First game edge is real but only for the early parts of the game. For us to upset Penn we have to be better than we were vs Nova. Our D has yet to be tested by a passing attack. Penn has a very good QB and Watson is the best WR we will face this year. Yale definitely a top 20 team. Penn may be , I dont know. Really dont expect a repeat of last year. The question for Lehigh is simply whether D can limit Penn O and get stops which they were unable to do vs Nova. Penn has a much better balanced O. D must show more on Sat. By that I mean DC play calls. Players are aggressive and swarming. DC has not shown much more than a nickel prevent D. Penn has seen our game films. DC needs to open the playbook for schemes Penn hasn't seen. If not expect similar result to Nova.
O will score on Penn.
My gut is that D will be better again. Good enough? That's the $64 question. Hope so.

Sorry, but our biggest issue on D isn't the play calling. It's the broken tackles. Admitted, it's gotten better. Two years ago it seemed every play on D had a broken tackle or three. Last year it was about three out of four. This year it's a little more than half. Wrap up and bring the ball carrier to the ground nearly every time, and instantly our D looks pretty good. That is of course, until the opposition starts throwing the ball.

the last indian
September 15th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Colgate will beat Yale in a close game. The credit will go to the defense. We had them last year before going to sleep in the 4th quarter. Our offense will be as good as last year, but defense is going to be the team's strength

RichH2
September 15th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Sorry, but our biggest issue on D isn't the play calling. It's the broken tackles. Admitted, it's gotten better. Two years ago it seemed every play on D had a broken tackle or three. Last year it was about three out of four. This year it's a little more than half. Wrap up and bring the ball carrier to the ground nearly every time, and instantly our D looks pretty good. That is of course, until the opposition starts throwing the ball.

Counted 13 missed or broken tackles. A good number of those were the nickel( a 5'9 175 cb) who got run over repeatedly. We just left him there. No adjustment ,no run blitzes and Nova just ran.
Penn will be our first test vs a passing team. He is very good but not real mobile. Hope Botts unveils those new blitz packages installed in camp. If we give him time, Torgerson and Watson could carve us up.

UNHWildcat18
September 16th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Bucknell
Colgate
Albany
Princeton
Penn

Leopard Loyalist
September 16th, 2016, 11:15 AM
12-1 for the first two weeks. Don't expect that high percentage to last long.

Cornell @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ Yale
HOLY CROSS @ Albany
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton
LEHIGH @ Penn

MR. CHICKEN
September 16th, 2016, 11:23 AM
BUCKNELL
COLGATE
ALBANY
LAFAYETTE
PENN

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Hmm . . .

Annoying Orange by 2 TDs
Spittle of Dentifrice by 6
Holy Cannolies by a FG
Exsecratus Frankosaurii by a . . . umm . . . kitty-hair
Pretendgineers by a TD or so

EDIT: Give a shout if you'll be in Princeton for the semicentennial Pard-Tiger fest. Also, is "kitty-hair" PG-13 enough for this board?

PAllen
September 16th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Counted 13 missed or broken tackles. A good number of those were the nickel( a 5'9 175 cb) who got run over repeatedly. We just left him there. No adjustment ,no run blitzes and Nova just ran.
Penn will be our first test vs a passing team. He is very good but not real mobile. Hope Botts unveils those new blitz packages installed in camp. If we give him time, Torgerson and Watson could carve us up.

You and I must have different definition of a missed tackle. 13 per drive is more likely. BTW, my definition is a player is in position to make the play, makes contact with the ball carrier, and fails to bring him down.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Bucknell 35, Cornell 10
Colgate 28, Yale 24
Lehigh 27, Penn 24
Albany 30, Holy Cross 21
Princeton 42 (get it?), Laugheytte 14

RichH2
September 16th, 2016, 07:26 PM
You and I must have different definition of a missed tackle. 13 per drive is more likely. BTW, my definition is a player is in position to make the play, makes contact with the ball carrier, and fails to bring him down.

We may indeed. :) Hyperbole aside, we must finish tackles tomorrow.

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2016, 07:35 PM

This???

http://i64.tinypic.com/9ptmk6.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2016, 07:39 PM

Or this???

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ex0eg4.jpg

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2016, 08:31 PM
You got it Bogie!

Nice Dinky avatar.

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2016, 09:34 PM
You got it Bogie!

Nice Dinky avatar.

P4L - Tigers by 4 TDs? Really? xnonox

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2016, 10:34 PM
11-2 so far

Yale 30 Colgate 24 - Yale is always tough in the bowl. Colgate will have a tough time defending the Eli rushing attack....

Princeton 24 Lafayette 13 -The 'Pards defense might be the best in the league but the offense is atrocious. They have to find some semblance of a running game.

Penn 38 Lehigh 27 - The Quakers should be pretty pumped given what happened last year. They'll have the better QB-WR combo to along with a solid running attack. Lehigh's defense will be in for a long night.

Bucknell 17 Cornell 10 - Without Nitti the Bison's offense may hit a new level of ineptness. That's saying something. I really want to take Cornell but they've been so bad for so long.

Albany 27 Holy Cross 24 - The Danes have lived off of turnovers and great defense. I think they'll harass Pujals into one too many mistakes which will be the difference. Revenge is also on the Danes side....

I'm hoping for better than 1-4. I think 0-5 is possible given Bucknell's problems right now. But so is 4-1 if the coaches and players step up. I'm off to State College in the morning. Hopefully I'm home to see the second half of Lehigh-Penn.

RichH2
September 16th, 2016, 10:47 PM
11-2 so far

Yale 30 Colgate 24 - Yale is always tough in the bowl. Colgate will have a tough time defending the Eli rushing attack....

Princeton 24 Lafayette 13 -The 'Pards defense might be the best in the league but the offense is atrocious. They have to find some semblance of a running game.

Penn 38 Lehigh 27 - The Quakers should be pretty pumped given what happened last year. They'll have the better QB-WR combo to along with a solid running attack. Lehigh's defense will be in for a long night.

Bucknell 17 Cornell 10 - Without Nitti the Bison's offense may hit a new level of ineptness. That's saying something. I really want to take Cornell but they've been so bad for so long.

Albany 27 Holy Cross 24 - The Danes have lived off of turnovers and great defense. I think they'll harass Pujals into one too many mistakes which will be the difference. Revenge is also on the Danes side....

I'm hoping for better than 1-4. I think 0-5 is possible given Bucknell's problems right now. But so is 4-1 if the coaches and players step up. I'm off to State College in the morning. Hopefully I'm home to see the second half of Lehigh-Penn.
Best luck for your owls vs PSU. Hoping your picks have less luck :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2016, 11:07 PM
Best luck for your owls vs PSU. Hoping your picks have less luck :)

Temple has a shot simply because PSU is "meh".

Lehigh needs a win more than my Owls tomorrow. With that said, 2-0 would be great! Some irony in that Temple plays The Pennsylvania State University while Lehigh plays the University of Pennsylvania. Screw PA tomorrow!!

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Temple has a shot simply because PSU is "meh".

Lehigh needs a win more than my Owls tomorrow. With that said, 2-0 would be great! Some irony in that Temple plays The Pennsylvania State University while Lehigh plays the University of Pennsylvania. Screw PA tomorrow!!

Back in the day, Pards/Engineers/Bison/'Gate would beat Penn State but lose to Penn. How times have changed.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Bucky finds their offense, wins 24-13
Yalies win again at home, 31-17
Albany wins 28-24, Holy Cross gets another moral victory
Princeton always beats Lafayette, this year 35-13
In a near-complete homer pick, I have Lehigh 30, Penn 27 (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/09/lehigh-at-penn-game-breakdown-and.html)

carney2
September 17th, 2016, 08:00 AM
P4L - Tigers by 4 TDs? Really? xnonox

Or ... Pards score two TDs? Really?!!!!!

Sandlapper Spike
September 17th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Cornell @ BUCKNELL
COLGATE @ Yale
HOLY CROSS @ Albany
LAFAYETTE @ Princeton
LEHIGH @ Penn

crusader11
September 17th, 2016, 09:36 AM
There are no such things as a moral victory for HC against Albany, LFN.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2016, 09:53 AM
There are no such things as a moral victory for HC against Albany, LFN.

There are no moral victories for the PL in general today. These are all winnable games (outside if Lafayette perhaps) if everyone brings their A game imo.

TheValleyRaider
September 17th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Back in the day, Pards/Engineers/Bison/'Gate would beat Penn State but lose to Penn. How times have changed.

Colgate has actually played Penn State more times than we've played Penn (14 games vs. 8). And all before our first meeting with the Quakers (Last vs. PSU 1980, first v. Penn 1982)

For all of our Ivy history, Colgate has very little involving Penn and Harvard. Only 17 total against the Crimson and Quakers.

TheValleyRaider
September 17th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Colgate 35
Yale 13
Halftime

Raiders dominating so far. 2 big errors, a pick off a tipped ball leading to a TD and a muffed kickoff leading to a FG, are the only things that have gone wrong for Colgate today. The offense has looked very efficient, while the defense has had a nice game getting pressure and wrapping up for tackles. Huge score right before the half to stretch out the margin, and it was a one-handed catch by Greenawalt over the defender to boot.

Gotta follow this up with a strong 2nd half, but a great start so far

crusader11
September 17th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Good start to week three, as Colgate is putting a beating on Yale.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Yalies win again at home, 31-17

Holy moley. Surprised.

TheValleyRaider
September 17th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Colgate 55
Yale 13
Final

This was a beatdown. Eli held off the board in the 2nd half, their only TD came after a tipped interception was returned to the Colgate 20.
1st downs: 25-10
Total Offense: 558 yards to 188
Yale had 12 rushing yards. Yeah, they don't run too much, but that's a pretty good day

Very good performance to follow up the Syracuse game. On to Richmond :)

Gate83
September 17th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Colgate 55
Yale 13
Final

This was a beatdown. Eli held off the board in the 2nd half, their only TD came after a tipped interception was returned to the Colgate 20.
1st downs: 25-10
Total Offense: 558 yards to 188
Yale had 12 rushing yards. Yeah, they don't run too much, but that's a pretty good day

Very good performance to follow up the Syracuse game. On to Richmond :)

Haven't missed a game in New Haven since the 80's but couldn't make it today... Maybe I should stay away? Great win!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2016, 04:23 PM
That was a helluva performance by Colgate!

crusader11
September 17th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Lehigh trailing 28-21. Seems like they still haven't figured out how to play defense. Granted, Penn may be the class of the Ivy.

the last indian
September 17th, 2016, 05:35 PM
If you check earlier posts you will note that I said that Colgate's defense would dominate Yale. That is precisely what happened. The pleasant surprise was the efficiency of the offense. It was a beat down. One we owed then after leading the Eli's by 15 going into the 4th QTR and losing by one point.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Bucknell 10 Cornell 10 Half
Princeton 35 Lafayette 24 8:08 4Q
Lehigh 49 Penn 28 7:58 4Q
Holy Cross 7 Albany 7 13:21 2Q

Lehigh's offense is rolling tonight. The defense has stepped up nicely in the second. If the Crusaders can win it will end up being a real good day for the league.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Lafayette TD!

Princeton 35-31 5:22 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Lehigh 49 Penn 28 Final

Really nice win for Lehigh. The offense finally went off and the defense pitched a shutout in the second half...

Princeton 35 Lafayette 31 Final

Good game by the 'Pards. The offense finally showed some life....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2016, 07:09 PM
TD Albany...

21-7 Danes 4:58 2Q

RichH2
September 17th, 2016, 07:11 PM
So best PL routed the best 2 Ivies. :)

Kramden
September 17th, 2016, 07:18 PM
I thought Fordham had a bye.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Holy Cross looks terrible. Albany with a long TD pass. The Danes offense has been iffy at best so far this year.....

28-7 Albany 1:52 2Q

carney2
September 17th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Princeton 35 Lafayette 31 Final

Good game by the 'Pards. The offense finally showed some life....

"Life" without a running game of any kind is life on life support. Reed had a spectacular game and may have even been the leading rusher. Still, the Pards looked as if they could make some noise against what appears to be a pretty ordinary bunch of Patriot League opponents.

Pard4Life
September 17th, 2016, 07:36 PM
See Sauconites? I picked Lehigh to win when you all said no. It just proves that I know your team better than you, so you better listen to my analysis on the Brown when I offer it... xcoffeex

the last indian
September 17th, 2016, 07:41 PM
"Life" without a running game of any kind is life on life support. Reed had a spectacular game and may have even been the leading rusher. Still, the Pards looked as if they could make some noise against what appears to be a pretty ordinary bunch of Patriot League opponents.
Really, Carney? I'd say that Lehigh's win at Penn and the 'gate at the Yale bowl points to some tough games ahead for the pussie cats. I'd add Fordham to the challenges the LC faces. Looks like a two tier league, but it is too early to be confident about that.

Sader87
September 17th, 2016, 07:44 PM
1 game closer to the end of the Gilmore era at Holy Cross, thank Christ...

van
September 17th, 2016, 08:04 PM
See Sauconites? I picked Lehigh to win when you all said no. It just proves that I know your team better than you, so you better listen to my analysis on the Brown when I offer it... xcoffeex

;not all of us said no!

- - - Updated - - -

1 game closer to the end of the Gilmore era at Holy Cross, thank Christ...

we will gladly take him back

van
September 17th, 2016, 08:06 PM
saw some of the Bison game tonight, they better hope Nitti gets back soon or they might not win another game all year, Hoyas included

RichH2
September 17th, 2016, 08:09 PM
;not all of us said no!

- - - Updated - - -

In a heartbeat :). Only an avg X and O guy but a master motivator. His guys would run thru walls for him .

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Holy Cross just scored...

31-14 Danes

Sader87
September 17th, 2016, 08:16 PM
;not all of us said no!

- - - Updated - - -

He's all yours....horrific head coach

RichH2
September 17th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Pleased with Gate and Lehigh Ws. Surprised with Bison loss to Cornell. Thought they would find some O today. Guess there is none to find. Pards showed some O with Reed passing. D could do little to stop Kanff.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2016, 08:47 PM

*clears throat*

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 17th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Albany 45 Holy Cross 28 Final

So-so day for the league overall. The Colgate and Lehigh wins are nice but Bucknell is a dumpster fire and the Crusaders just can't get a meaningful win.

Go...gate
September 17th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Or this???

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ex0eg4.jpg

Saw him play with my father and brother at old Dillon Gym.

Go...gate
September 17th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Attended the Lafayette - Princeton game. Had the sense that the PU offense really wore down the LC defense as the game progressed.

Go...gate
September 17th, 2016, 09:41 PM
That was a helluva performance by Colgate!

Largest margin of victory by Colgate in the series, which dates to 1909.

ngineer
September 17th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Was at Franklin Field and could not believe the metamorphosis that occurred at the half. Lehigh made some adjustments and completely shut down the Quakers. Why that could not have done half way through the first half is puzzling. Regardless they really stepped up and the great turnout of Lehigh fans gave a lot of noise in support. Meanwhile the offense was on fire. 550 yards with 300+ through the air. The Brown running game just got stronger as Brisker showed we may have a two headed monster back there. Pelletier starting to show his stuff, as well. Very smooth. First half you could see Penn followed Villanova's game plan with the QB running read options and killing us with 8-15 yard runs. Disappeared in the second half. D also had some nice pressure on the QB at times. Two strong showings back to back and obviously a talented Princeton team coming to Goodman next week. These guys should now see that "they belong" and have good confidence going forward.

RichH2
September 17th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Ivy Digital noted that Torgerson hurt his passing hand towards the end of 1st half. I did not see much difference in his motion 2nd half. D really showed up in 2nd which had much more impact.

Sader87
September 17th, 2016, 11:29 PM
Have I mentioned that Tom Gilmore is a terrible head coach here? Just checkin'

Go...gate
September 17th, 2016, 11:47 PM
Nice win by the Engineers over Pennsylvania!

Colgate Raider Redux
September 18th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Have I mentioned that Tom Gilmore is a terrible head coach here? Just checkin'

I think the problem is bigger than Tom Gilmore. Even with an enlightened A.D., an open check book to restore the glory with full scholarship participation, does H.C. have the cachet to attract quality coaches and players to cobble together a respectable program ? It may be pissin' in the wind overall.

Fordham
September 18th, 2016, 07:03 AM
I think the problem is bigger than Tom Gilmore. Even with an enlightened A.D., an open check book to restore the glory with full scholarship participation, does H.C. have the cachet to attract quality coaches and players to cobble together a respectable program ? It may be pissin' in the wind overall.

I'd bet the mortgage that they will attract amazing candidates the next time they're conducting a search. There simply aren't that many full scholarship opportunities out there and this would be at an amazing school as well. People see what has happened at Fordham and even more so at Colgate and would run through walls to get the chance to lead that program.

The question will be where does winning fall on the priority list of the admin/AD/hiring committee? Great candidates will be interested but will they have the balls to hire them, is what I think the question will be

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2016, 07:50 AM
So Lehigh has stunk, been good, stunk, now good again... while Lafayette has stunk the entire past six years... I love our program's resilience.

Lehigh'98
September 18th, 2016, 07:59 AM
So Lehigh has stunk, been good, stunk, now good again... while Lafayette has stunk the entire past six years... I love our program's resilience.

Not really. We were good 2010-2013. Since then we have stunk. Unless we go 8-3 or 7-4 with a PL title, that hasn't changed. Stunk may be too strong of word, I fear we are just underachieving with no end in sight.

Lafayette has been consistent throughout that time.

carney2
September 18th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Lafayette's running game is non-existent. Is it

(A) A terrible offensive line (again/still)? Big guys who are absolutely immobile.

(B) A stable of below average running backs? Guys who are neither fast nor elusive.

(C) An offensive scheme that does not do the running game any favors? Most running plays are slow to develop with the back getting the ball while he is standing still behind the line.

(D) All of the above.

RichH2
September 18th, 2016, 10:33 AM

(A) A terrible offensive line (again/still)? Big guys who are absolutely immobile.

(B) A stable of below average running backs? Guys who are neither fast nor elusive.

(C) An offensive scheme that does not do the running game any favors? Most running plays are slow to develop with the back getting the ball while he is standing still behind the line.

(D) All of the above.

The other bit that was surprising was D giving up 35. Tigers have a good O with Kanoff. Thought Pards could keep them more in check in first game.

carney2
September 18th, 2016, 11:04 AM
The other bit that was surprising was D giving up 35. Tigers have a good O with Kanoff. Thought Pards could keep them more in check in first game.

Tigger ran for 182, threw for 178, a total of 360. Lafayette had a total of 416 with 356 of it in the air. Pards defense is good, but not great. At times Tigger was getting yardage at will on the ground (particularly during the final 5 minutes when LC needed the ball back). Leopard defense should be up to the task when the League season begins.

Another discouraging aspect of the Lafayette game is the kick returners. They seemed to be going down like sacks of flour on the 11 or 12 yd. line. Someone needs to rethink what's going on there. Personally, I wanted the returners to let it hit the ground if the kick was short of the goal line, and then chase it into the end zone and jump on it. A freebie to the 25 was twice as good as they were doing by fielding the kicks. xeyebrowx , but you get my point.

Southsider
September 18th, 2016, 03:18 PM

(D) All of the above.

This has been my beef with LU's running game for years. The back gets the ball 5 yards behind the line, then runs sideways to get a yard. Maddening!

Southsider
September 18th, 2016, 03:25 PM

Not so sure about that! But, they will likely do just enough to keep Coen around. Pard's, on the other hand, definitely need new blood. I really believe they have the talent to win. Their coaches do not.

ngineer
September 18th, 2016, 09:54 PM
This has been my beef with LU's running game for years. The back gets the ball 5 yards behind the line, then runs sideways to get a yard. Maddening!

This has been maddening for many football fans. This has become the "the way". Give the ball deep and let the back pick his hole, as opposed to under center with the quick opener. The latter requires much more timing issue. But I agree with the sentiment--especially on 3rd and 1. Makes no sense to me either, but no real problems at Penn.

carney2
September 19th, 2016, 07:37 AM
This has been maddening for many football fans. This has become the "the way". Give the ball deep and let the back pick his hole, as opposed to under center with the quick opener. The latter requires much more timing issue. But I agree with the sentiment--especially on 3rd and 1. Makes no sense to me either, but no real problems at Penn.

At Princeton Lafayette was faced with 4th and less than a yard. TV analyst Mike Joseph said the situation was perfect for a QB sneak, but that Lafayette had lined up with the QB under center only once so far this season. Another example that running the gun sometimes shoots you in the foot.

LeopardBall10
September 19th, 2016, 07:43 AM
I'd bet the mortgage that they will attract amazing candidates the next time they're conducting a search. There simply aren't that many full scholarship opportunities out there and this would be at an amazing school as well. People see what has happened at Fordham and even more so at Colgate and would run through walls to get the chance to lead that program.

The question will be where does winning fall on the priority list of the admin/AD/hiring committee? Great candidates will be interested but will they have the balls to hire them, is what I think the question will be

You are absolutely right. A full scholarship FCS job that close to Boston, unless the AD decides to short change the salary (which it doesn't sound like he will) there will be unbelievable interest. And that will be any PL job at this point. The question, just like Fordham states, is what the hiring committee will focus on. Will they want someone with previous HC experience (which would probably mean either hiring a retread or a lower level HC) or will they focus on some of the top young assistant talent who may only stay for a few years before moving up but could energize a program?

LeopardBall10
September 19th, 2016, 07:53 AM

(D) All of the above.

I really like Mickey Fien as a person, but I hate to admit that it is most definitely (C). Having seen the high school film on these RBs they are supremely talented. And We can gripe about the OL year after year, but there are schemes that succeed a great deal with large immobile lineman (most notably the inside zone scheme that simply requires a large body to take one step and angle block). The issue is that the offense doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. Mickey started with an under center, deep outside zone as the primary run. After the success of the pistol formation with Neveada he moved to a lot more shotgun and pistol outside zone. But Stan keeps pushing for more Power and Counter. The issue is that the OL can't move fast enough to run the counter, and they aren't fast enough to reach the next man on the outside zone. So either we can't recruit what we need to be successful in this scheme or we don't know what we need to make this scheme successful.

Add to that a lack of any real misdirection or true read plays and you have yourself a stagnant run game.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Look on the bright side, Pard fans. You're going to travel up to Army at the precise time where they've figured out how to win after decades of awfulness.

carney2
September 19th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Look on the bright side, Pard fans. You're going to travel up to Army at the precise time where they've figured out how to win after decades of awfulness.

You can't imagine how good I will feel at contributing to the resurgence of Army football.

LeopardBall10
September 19th, 2016, 11:19 AM
You can't imagine how good I will feel at contributing to the resurgence of Army football.

Looks like Loose (http://www.goarmywestpoint.com/staff.aspx?staff=163)will get the last laugh. Can we get odds on whether or not Loose and Frank even speak let alone shake hands?