PDA

View Full Version : All-Americans

erkU
December 31st, 2006, 12:47 PM
What do you think of this list? I think NKang should be first team. He is a machine.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/page.cfm?story=11311&cat=exclusives

mistersykes
December 31st, 2006, 01:25 PM
I definitely agree. It's not the first time he's been shafted this year, I believe. Others are deserving though.

SoCon48
December 31st, 2006, 05:50 PM
Nkang should have gotten the Heisman.xcoffeex

December 31st, 2006, 06:08 PM
What do you think of this list?...It's southernpigskin. Period.

rokamortis
December 31st, 2006, 06:37 PM
It's southernpigskin. Period.

Ralph - what does that mean? Good / bad?

smallcollegefbfan
December 31st, 2006, 07:10 PM
Ralph - what does that mean? Good / bad?

Eh, all lists have their snubs. I don't think any list is perfect.

Nkang could have been a 1st or 2nd teamer. I think Mr. C. is right on this one. He is good but he is the only player making plays most of the time. Mr. C would probably agree with this pick or even drop him down to 3rd team.

What do you think Mr. C? Should he be 2nd or 1st team?

December 31st, 2006, 07:22 PM
It is what it is and will be judged by what it is. There are a bunch of websites.

December 31st, 2006, 07:24 PM
... What do you think Mr. C?...Look Josh, CSN already released the Fabulous 50. There is no second or third team.

Mr. C
December 31st, 2006, 09:34 PM

Nkang could have been a 1st or 2nd teamer. I think Mr. C. is right on this one. He is good but he is the only player making plays most of the time. Mr. C would probably agree with this pick or even drop him down to 3rd team.

I think Nkang is a good, not great player. He is a numbers guy, with lots of tackles, but does little else. He isn't a game-changing player. He doesn't force turnovers a lot (3 all season, only 7 in his career) recover fumbles, or intercept passes. He doesn't come up with sacks. He had three sacks this season. He has two pass breakups in his career. He can run and tackle, but he isn't the same caliber of player as the other big-name linebackers. A lot of coaches and other personnel on various teams feel the same way. If Nkang played on a better team, he would not have anywhere near the tackle numbers he put up at Elon.

rokamortis
December 31st, 2006, 09:53 PM

Actually, that's my point of view as well. I was just trying to see what Ralph meant as I didn't understand his comment. There are many people out there that create their own lists, all are more or less as valid as the other. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

gophoenix
January 1st, 2007, 10:27 PM
If Nkang played on a better team, he would not have anywhere near the tackle numbers he put up at Elon.

That's a bold statement, but then again, he probably would have had better numbers on sacks and tackles for loss in that case as a MLB instead of being a MLB running down for tackles on the outside of the fields most of the time.