PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 2

carney2
September 4th, 2016, 06:15 PM
WEEK 2

Some highs and some lows in Week 1, but few real surprises.

Only two day games this week. Patriot League football has changed, hasn’t it?

Elizabeth City State* @ FORDHAM
BUCKNELL @ Duquesne
GEORGETOWN @ Marist
Delaware @ LAFAYETTE
LEHIGH @ Villanova
HOLY CROSS @ New Hampshire

Bye: COLGATE

*Trivia question for Patriot League eggheads: Exactly where is Elizabeth City and what state is it in? If you look it up, you are disqualified and … well … no soup for you.

GAME OF THE WEEK: BUCKNELL @ Duquesne – Bucknell’s OOC schedule is always loaded with cupcakes. This may have looked like just another pastry when it was scheduled, but the Dukes now appear to be a cut above their brethren in the NEC. If Bucky is going to turn the corner and make their presence felt in the Patriot League, this is probably their only chance to show it before League play begins.

ANOTHER GAME OF NOTE: GEORGETOWN @ Marist – Is this a test for the Hoyas?

bonarae
September 4th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Fordham
Duquesne
Georgetown
Lafayette - not sure who got it more last week.
Villanova
UNH

crusader11
September 4th, 2016, 06:59 PM
A tad surprised you don't have HC @ UNH as the GOTW, carney. That would seem to trump a middle tier PL team vs. an NEC team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Big week for the PL! Delaware, New Hampshire and Villanova are good but not elite FCS teams this year. An 0-3 showing would be a major disappointment! Time for someone to step up!

PAllen
September 4th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Fordham
Bucknell
Georgetown
Delaware
Nova
UNH

Agreed, HC/UNH is the game of the week.

crusader11
September 4th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Big week for the PL! Delaware, New Hampshire and Villanova are good but not elite FCS teams this year. An 0-3 showing would be a major disappointment! Time for someone to step up!

This.

If the PL is supposedly going to take the next step, we are supposed to be competing and, ultimately, winning these games, especially given the fact we have four scholarship classes.

carney2
September 4th, 2016, 07:16 PM
A tad surprised you don't have HC @ UNH as the GOTW, carney. That would seem to trump a middle tier PL team vs. an NEC team.

It's a long season. Gotta spread it around.

RichH2
September 4th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Having spent some summers at the N Carolina seaside I've actually driven thru the town.
Will build up my courage a tad before picking.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2016, 07:33 PM
This.

If the PL is supposedly going to take the next step, we are supposed to be competing and, ultimately, winning these games, especially given the fact we have four scholarship classes.

An 0'fer this week against the CAA could very easily pave the way for an 0'fer for the regular season. That would not be pretty should it happen.

This is where Gilmore, Tavani and Coen need to step-up. All three have failed to win a truly meaningful OOC the last two +years. For Tavani it's been about 7 years (Liberty with Jennings iirc). Now they have their chance with teams loaded with scholarship classes. No excuses.....

bluefish
September 4th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Elizabeth City...Eastern NC 1 hour from Outer Banks and 1 hour south of Norfolk Va

Go...gate
September 4th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Anybody have a scouting report on Bye this year? :)

Go...gate
September 4th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Jethro Pugh of the Landry-era Dallas Cowboys graduated from Elizabeth City State.

ngineer
September 4th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Rams in a cakewalk, 52-29
Bucky lands in the "Pitt", Dukes, 31-20
Hoyas surprise the Redd Foxx's, 23-20
UD not chicken of the Leotards. Former Tubbies,27-17
YUUUGE game for the MHawks. Need to show they can play with a "big boy". I think Lehigh will "show up" and quite possibly upset 'nova, but the head says we only get an "A" for effort. 'nova, 34-31.
Crusaders don't find any converts in the Granite State and come home empty handed. UNH, 35-27.

PAllen
September 4th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Anybody have a scouting report on Bye this year? :)

They're expected to go undefeated by just about every expert out there.

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Georgetown's schedule is kind of like a remedial course at Lehigh: Week one, you learn how to cut paper using safety scissors; week two, you learn how to use the potty by yourself... low risk before ramping things up...

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2016, 11:08 PM
Off topic (but is it really since it's a PL thread?)

Last week: Alderson Broaddus 14, Robert Morris 7. It was not raining.

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Fordham
Duquesne
Georgetown
Delaware
Nova
UNH

Southsider
September 5th, 2016, 07:48 AM

You also stated that Monmouth's D was rather small, and that LU will be able to push them around. Could not have been more off base. LU O-Line got blasted. I don't see that changing this week. As for the Defense, well, we know how that's going to turn out!

Nova by 17.

MR. CHICKEN
September 5th, 2016, 08:26 AM
FORDHAM
DUQUESNE
MARIST...................MILD UPSETS HAPPEN....AWK!
DELAWARE
VILLANOVA
NEW HAMPSHIRE.....TO TOUGH TA CALL.....WENT HOMER!

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Georgetown's schedule is kind of like a remedial course at Lehigh: Week one, you learn how to cut paper using safety scissors; week two, you learn how to use the potty by yourself... low risk before ramping things up...

After 16 years in the PL, it's getting a little old.

ColgateTD
September 5th, 2016, 12:01 PM
WEEK 2

Some highs and some lows in Week 1, but few real surprises.

Only two day games this week. Patriot League football has changed, hasn’t it?

BUCKNELL @ Duquesne
GEORGETOWN @ Marist
Delaware @ LAFAYETTE
LEHIGH @ Villanova

*Trivia question for Patriot League eggheads: Exactly where is Elizabeth City and what state is it in? If you look it up, you are disqualified and … well … no soup for you.

GAME OF THE WEEK: BUCKNELL @ Duquesne – Bucknell’s OOC schedule is always loaded with cupcakes. This may have looked like just another pastry when it was scheduled, but the Dukes now appear to be a cut above their brethren in the NEC. If Bucky is going to turn the corner and make their presence felt in the Patriot League, this is probably their only chance to show it before League play begins.

ANOTHER GAME OF NOTE: GEORGETOWN @ Marist – Is this a test for the Hoyas?

Elizabeth City, NC

TheValleyRaider
September 5th, 2016, 12:46 PM
5-2 to open the season. I'll take that record all year long.

In baseball, there's a saying that you're never as good or bad as you look on Opening Day. The same applies to football, and there is usually significant improvement between game 1 and 2 in a season. Most everyone will need it this week, as we've got some serious measuring stick games coming up. I would say the League (Lehigh excepted) got the result they expected, which doesn't tell us much. We'll learn much more about where several teams, and the League, stands by Saturday night.

Elizabeth City State at Fordham Fordham Quite a change for the Rams, going from a very good Navy team to the league's only sub-DI match-up of the year. The D-II Vikings (thanks Google!) are actually playing their second FCS game of the year, having already dropped one to Norfolk State. The Spartans are on a run of 4 straight losing seasons, while the Rams have been to the playoffs 3 years running. We still may not know much about the Rams, but at least they'll have a win to show for their efforts.

Bucknell at Duquesne Duquesne Lost in the mix of 3 CAA match-ups is this fascinating game between a PL up-and-comer and the NEC's defending champs. This Keystone clash has actually played out 14 times in the last 20 years. While the Bison hold a 10-4 edge in that span, the Dukes have taken 3 of the last 4, including a multi-score victory in 2015. This is a game the Bison absolutely can win if they are a title contender, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say that this year. A win, though, would look good for all of us.

Georgetown at Marist Georgetown Speaking of regular match-ups, who else is excited for some old school MAAC-tion? Marist gets their second straight PL game of the year after falling to Bucknell, while the Hoyas are playing their second straight PFL game following a win over Davidson. The Hoyas have won 2 straight, and by solid margins, and I'll pick them to continue that trend.

Delaware at Lafayette Delaware And so it begins, 3 big showdowns with the CAA. I'm not ready to believe in Lafayette right now, but a road win against CCSU looks nice for the record book. This is UD's first trip to Easton since 1971, while Leopards are seeking their first win against the Hens since 1960. Last year, the Pards kept it close, but fell short. While I'm not sure I'm ready to pick them to finish off the upset, the Hens should be very wary. This does feel like the kind of game the Leopards could win out of nowhere. I'm not saying they will, but, well, maybe?

Lehigh at Villanova Villanova If there is anyone in the league who wants to know things aren't as bad as they seem after 1 game, it's got to be Lehigh. Who are the Hawks, really? And who, for that matter, is Nova? The Cats were picked behind the Virginia schools in the CAA poll, but that's a pretty good list of teams. A loss to Pitt doesn't tell me much either. I think Lehigh is much improved, but I don't know that it's enough heading down to the Main Line.

Holy Cross at New Hampshire Holy Cross Here we go, taking the plunge. Are the Crusaders really ready to step up and challenge for a League title again? Are they capable of getting their biggest OOC win since...umm...Harvard in 2011? It's been a few years for the Crusaders, but I think the Wildcats are a beatable foe. A win here puts the rest of the League on notice that the Crusaders are ready to challenge for the crown (and maybe buy Gilmore another 4-5 years?). Looking forward to a shoot-out in Durham.

Bogus Megapardus
September 5th, 2016, 01:54 PM

New Jersey, just south of Newark? Near Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania?

Bogus Megapardus
September 5th, 2016, 02:06 PM
After 16 years in the PL, it's getting a little old.

Speaking of getting old, what ever happened to the new Hoya football stadium? Did it get canned in favor of creating a new "safe space" for the awarenessing crowd? Watching some of the Georgetown vs. Davidson game, it appears the only thing that ever came of the much-heralded Cooper family donation is substitution of the Patriot League logo with a Cooper Field logo at the 25 yard line. Was Georgetown's oft-displayed embarrassment from being associated with the PL really worth all that fuss and bother? xchinscratchx

carney2
September 5th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Elizabeth City State* @ FORDHAM – What drunk scheduled this mismatch?

BUCKNELL @ Duquesne – Want to pick Bucky, but on the road against a good team that blew them out last year? Would feel more confident of this pick if the Dukes had bothered to show up last week at Youngstown State.

GEORGETOWN @ Marist - Still a believer that a Patriot League bottom feeder is better than a Pioneer League team.

Delaware @ LAFAYETTE – These mediocre chickens could be fried, fricasseed and devoured by many a Patriot League team, but probably not by a Patriot League team that is operating for the seventh consecutive year without an o-line.

LEHIGH @ Villanova – The Squawks watched film, listened to pep talks and practiced hard, but if you can’t beat Monmouth, the outcome here is a given.

HOLY CROSS @ New Hampshire – Going with the home team and the CAA.

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Speaking of getting old, what ever happened to the new Hoya football stadium? Did it get canned in favor of creating a new "safe space" for the awarenessing crowd? Watching some of the Georgetown vs. Davidson game, it appears the only thing that ever came of the much-heralded Cooper family donation is substitution of the Patriot League logo with a Cooper Field logo at the 25 yard line. Was Georgetown's oft-displayed embarrassment from being associated with the PL really worth all that fuss and bother? xchinscratchx

Still there but like many things Georgetown, it is stuck in the bureaucracy. The University was in front of the U.S. Commission on Fine Arts last week, one of three groups which must approve any external change in the Georgetown neighborhood as consequential as new construction and as inconsequential as address numbers on postal boxes.

A stadium design has still not been disclosed.

https://www.cfa.gov/records-research/project-search/og-16-335

UNHWildcat18
September 5th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Fordham
Duquesne
Georgetown
Delaware
Villanova
UNH

Go...gate
September 5th, 2016, 05:26 PM
They're expected to go undefeated by just about every expert out there.

Agreed. I understand that they have a couple of tough match-ups with Open Date and the College of Faith, but are expected to prevail.

Go...gate
September 5th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Still there but like many things Georgetown, it is stuck in the bureaucracy. The University was in front of the U.S. Commission on Fine Arts last week, one of three groups which must approve any external change in the Georgetown neighborhood as consequential as new construction and as inconsequential as address numbers on postal boxes.

A stadium design has still not been disclosed.

https://www.cfa.gov/records-research/project-search/og-16-335

Still pulling for you guys. Wish someone could step up and give some $$ to help the situation.

Thumper 76
September 5th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Fordham
Bucknell
Georgetown
Delaware
Nova
UNH

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2016, 09:19 PM
It sounds like there might be record breaking heat in the Northeast this week. The high on Philly Saturday will be somewhere in the 95-100 range. It will not be a fun day for football...

Bill
September 5th, 2016, 10:01 PM
On the plus side, I was 6-1 last week. I made the mistake - yet again - of picking Lehigh in a game they should have won (on paper).

Elizabeth City State* @ FORDHAM - Rams...and it's not close. Blocks of granite 42, Jersey City State 12
BUCKNELL @ Duquesne - Bison win a close one, 27-24
GEORGETOWN @ Marist - Gtown goes 2-0? Break up the Hoyas! Georgetown 23-16
Delaware @ LAFAYETTE - Supe's boys regulate like Big Pun...Flying Hens 36-10.
LEHIGH @ Villanova - Not even close. Lehigh is getting out coached...but even worse, out-recruited. To paraphrase Bear Bryant: "doesn't matter bout the X's and o's if you aint got the billy bobs and the billy joes" Wildcats, 48 - 22.
HOLY CROSS @ New Hampshire - Heart says Gilmore...head says UNH. Betting over my head - and not with it - Jesuit Crusaders smite UNH, 30-28

BucBisonAtLarge
September 5th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Fordham
Bucknell
Georgetown
Delaware
Villanova
Holy Cross

6-1 so far

Once again, I am beginning the season with faith in Holy Cross. I will be pulling for the lads from those 'L' schools, but I can't pick them.

Gangtackle11
September 5th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Fordham 49 Elizabeth City St. 7 - Fordham alum Vince Lombardi said it best about this matchup "What the hell is going on around here?"

Duquesne 20 Bucknell 14 - Dukes rebound from YSU Penguins shellacking.

Marist 21 Georgetown 19 - hopes of a Hoya undefeated season goes up in flames.

Delaware 26 Lafayette 13 - Blue Hens are too big & physical for the 'Pards.

Villanova 35 Lehigh 17 - Wildcats defense too much for Lehigh.

UNH 31 Holy Cross 23 - Wildcats show little jet lag from California trip.

Last week: 6-1

Go...gate
September 5th, 2016, 11:45 PM
It sounds like there might be record breaking heat in the Northeast this week. The high on Philly Saturday will be somewhere in the 95-100 range. It will not be a fun day for football...

Ouch.

Villanova has the plastic grass, too, which holds the heat.

Gangtackle11
September 6th, 2016, 12:39 AM
Ouch.

Villanova has the plastic grass, too, which holds the heat.

At least the game is a 6pm start. Helps a little bit.

KillaBee
September 6th, 2016, 06:40 AM
I was perfect in my week 1, picking all the winners and all the losers... I hope you all bet your houses, because now you will begin to build a dynasty like me. If you did not bet your house, then I will allow you to stay in one of my many mansions... KILLA BEE....................week 1 PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Bet the houseeeeeeee on these picks...

My week 2 predictions:

FORDHAM
DUQUESNE
GEORGETOWN
LAFAYETTE - GOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEOPARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VILLANOVA
NEW HAMPSHIRE

jimbo65
September 6th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Fordham
Bucknell
Gtown
Delaware
Nova
UNH

2ram
September 6th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Rams in a cakewalk, 52-29

if ECSU drops ~30 on us, we may not win an FCS game this year.

Fordham - not going to be close
Bucknell - this other group of bison can win games too
Gtown - marist doesn't have the recruiting cache g'town does
Delaware - really pulling for lafayette here... but it's lafayette
Nova - really pulling for lehigh here... but it's lehigh
Holy Cross - looking good so far!

eiu1999
September 6th, 2016, 10:27 AM
BUCKNELL @ Duquesne
GEORGETOWN @ Marist
Delaware @ LAFAYETTE
LEHIGH @ Villanova

Ivytalk
September 6th, 2016, 10:32 AM
if ECSU drops ~30 on us, we may not win an FCS game this year.

Fordham - not going to be close
Bucknell - this other group of bison can win games too
Gtown - marist doesn't have the recruiting cache g'town does
Delaware - really pulling for lafayette here... but it's lafayette
Nova - really pulling for lehigh here... but it's lehigh
Holy Cross - looking good so far!

What? Bill O'Reilly hasn't brought in any O'Liners?:D

Ramblin' Man
September 6th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Elizabeth City State* @ FORDHAM – What drunk scheduled this mismatch?

We were forced to scramble in order to fill this slot when Columbia cancelled their scheduled Liberty Cup series game with us at the very last minute. There were few teams left with open dates on September 10. Columbia decided that their games with us had become mismatches since we went scholarship.

LeopardBall10
September 6th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Elizabeth City State @ FORDHAM - I'm sure the Rams need a cupcake after Navy last week.

BUCKNELL @ Duquesne - Been back and forth on this game a lot. I thought Duquesne was the better, team and are at home. But the YSU game didn't show that. So I am rolling with the league-mate here

GEORGETOWN @ Marist - Shouldn't be a test, but it might be

Delaware @ LAFAYETTE - The Leopards showed some talent last week. But the Blue Hens are going to take advantage of that Lafayette OL and put Drew Reed on the run more than we want. If Lafayette can control the line of scrimmage they win, but I don't see that happening.

HOLY CROSS @ New Hampshire - Taking a gamble here. I think the Crusaders are the real deal on offense and the Wildcats may be suffering a bit from their west coast swing.

Lehigh @ Villanova - I was surprised by the Nova defense against Pitt. I think they will be able to handle the squawk offense.

I'm pulling for the league and I hope we are able to make a statement this week. Going 0-fer wouldn't be out of the question but would really set the PL back.

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2016, 01:52 PM
We were forced to scramble in order to fill this slot when Columbia cancelled their scheduled Liberty Cup series game with us at the very last minute. There were few teams left with open dates on September 10. Columbia decided that their games with us had become mismatches since we went scholarship.

Columbia's season doesn't start until 9/17, not 9/10.

Ramblin' Man
September 6th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Columbia's season doesn't start until 9/17, not 9/10.

September 17 was the date that Columbia was scheduled. September 10 was to be a bye week for us. Columbia's cancellation forced us to find an opponent for either September 10 or 17. There were slim pickings that late in the scheduling game.

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2016, 03:51 PM
September 17 was the date that Columbia was scheduled. September 10 was to be a bye week for us. Columbia's cancellation forced us to find an opponent for either September 10 or 17. There were slim pickings that late in the scheduling game.

Georgetown is also on a bye week for 9/17--Fordham could have moved its game up to that week and took the bye or found another opponent on 10/22, or maybe they passed on the idea altogether.

Go...gate
September 6th, 2016, 05:06 PM
What? Bill O'Reilly hasn't brought in any O'Liners?:D

I think Sean Hannity has some eligibility left....

Bogus Megapardus
September 6th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Week 2 Sportsbook:

Fordham (-38˝) vs Elizabeth City State o/u 67˝

Duquesne (-5) vs Bucknell o/u 40˝

Georgetown (-6) at Marist o/u 42˝

Villanova (-12˝) vs Lehigh o/u 54˝

Delaware (-11) at Lafayette o/u 36˝

New Hampshire (-1˝) vs Holy Cross o/u 52˝

aust42
September 6th, 2016, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;2371110]Big week for the PL! Delaware, New Hampshire and Villanova are good but not elite FCS teams this year. An 0-3 showing would be a major disappointment! Time for someone to step up![/QUOTE/]

I'm a Delaware grad so I hope we whoop some butt Saturday but I like your post. So the Patriot league is in their 4th class of scholarships correct? I would love to see the Patriot League do well and be a top tier conference in FCS creating some good CAA OCC games, I'm old enough to remember when Holy Cross was the class of 1AA despite not participating in the dam playoffs. Gordy Lockbaum was a Heisman candidate that one year and my high school scrimmaged against his Glassboro, NJ high school every year. He was bad azz.

TheValleyRaider
September 6th, 2016, 10:33 PM
I'm a Delaware grad so I hope we whoop some butt Saturday but I like your post. So the Patriot league is in their 4th class of scholarships correct? I would love to see the Patriot League do well and be a top tier conference in FCS creating some good CAA OCC games, I'm old enough to remember when Holy Cross was the class of 1AA despite not participating in the dam playoffs. Gordy Lockbaum was a Heisman candidate that one year and my high school scrimmaged against his Glassboro, NJ high school every year. He was bad azz.

Now you've done it. I can hear the HC crowd saying "Big East" already...

Ramblin' Man
September 7th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Georgetown is also on a bye week for 9/17--Fordham could have moved its game up to that week and took the bye or found another opponent on 10/22, or maybe they passed on the idea altogether.

Were you in the office with Fordham AD Dave Roach when the schedule was completed? Or do you have another source of inside information regarding the process? If not, why are you going on with this speculation? In short, what the hell is your point?

DFW HOYA
September 7th, 2016, 06:10 AM
Were you in the office with Fordham AD Dave Roach when the schedule was completed? Or do you have another source of inside information regarding the process? If not, why are you going on with this speculation? In short, what the hell is your point?

Both had a open date on 9/17. Nothing more or less.

carney2
September 7th, 2016, 10:11 AM

Lafayette travels to Princeton on the 17th. Would love it if they had switched either of you guys to this date, or played someone else - anyone else.

van
September 7th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Was 6-1 week 1, don't ask which one was wrong!

Elizabeth City State* @ FORDHAM, send in the B team

BUCKNELL @ Duquesne, should go with home team but Dukes did not impress in week 1

GEORGETOWN @ Marist, well it's Marist

Delaware @ LAFAYETTE, Pards should put up a fight but be just a little undermanned

LEHIGH @ Villanova, after Monmouth fiasco I am not a believer

HOLY CROSS @ New Hampshire, this may be the year the infidels do not underachieve

RichH2
September 7th, 2016, 10:55 AM
FWIW
MASSEY
BISON DUKES. 17-21
UD. Pards. 21-17
ECSC. Rams. 13-51
Hoyas. Marist. 24-17
Cross. UNH. 24-27
LU. Nova. 21-31

Fordhamanhattan
September 7th, 2016, 02:56 PM
The Rams of Fordham this week put the ball in the end zone. 52-14
Bison 24-10
Blue Hens 24-23
Hoyas 34-14
New Hampshire 45-34
Nova 34-10

Sandlapper Spike
September 7th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Elizabeth City State @ FORDHAM
BUCKNELL @ Duquesne
GEORGETOWN @ Marist
Delaware @ LAFAYETTE
LEHIGH @ Villanova

Bogus Megapardus
September 7th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Blue Hens 24-23

That's mighty generous of you, Fordhamanhattan! xdrunkyx

Bogus Megapardus
September 7th, 2016, 05:23 PM
BTW my new friend - this week's avatar - is Delaware Derp. He's gracious and complimentary.

If you press twice on his nose, he'll fart. An extraordinary talent.

jayhawkdaddy
September 7th, 2016, 07:39 PM
FORDHAM
BUCKNELL
GEORGETOWN
Delaware
Villanova
New Hampshire

Lehigh'98
September 7th, 2016, 08:27 PM
2 losses last week.

Fordham
Bucknell
Marist
Delaware
Lehigh
UNH

RichH2
September 7th, 2016, 08:41 PM
2 losses last week.

Fordham
Bucknell
Marist
Delaware
Lehigh
UNH
+1
I know I shouldn't but what the hell. :)

bluefish
September 8th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Elizabeth City State is the alma mater of Johnnie Walton one of the first black NFL quarterbacks. A notable backup QB for the Philadelphia Eagle under Vermeil in the late 70"s. Walton is from EC and still lives there.
However, he won"t play Sat. so Rams by a bunch. (maybe)

Rams
Dukes
Marist
Hens
Nova
UNH

crusader11
September 9th, 2016, 09:36 AM
5-2 in Week 1...

Elizabeth City State* @ FORDHAM-- Boring. But I understand Fordham's hands were tied here.
BUCKNELL @ Duquesne -- Taking the home team in two teams that are evenly matched.
GEORGETOWN @ Marist -- The Hoyas feast on the PFL for at least two wins this year.
Delaware @ LAFAYETTE -- Just an inkling, but think Lafayette finds a way to win at home.
LEHIGH @ Villanova -- The torches come out, once again, for Coen after Lehigh loses to Nova.
HOLY CROSS @ New Hampshire -- A program-defining win for the 'Saders as they spoil UNH's special night.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2016, 10:11 AM
4-2 last week....

Fordham 53 Elizabeth City 24 - Rams will roll...

Bucknell 24 Duquesne 21 - The Dukes really got run last week in Ohio. I'll put a little faith in the Bison....

Georgetown 27 Marist 17 - The Hoyas have some talent on their roster. That and solid coaching should be enough to get them by a PFL team...

Delaware 31 Lafayette 10 - UD seems like a team that can go from NR to Top 10 by the end of the year. 'Pards might be improved but this is a tough spot..

Villanova 34 Lehigh 24 - I don't think there's any real difference in talent outside of 'Nova's one true All-American on D. Talley almost never loses to PL teams....

UNH 38 Holy Cross 35 - I want to take the Crusaders but I'll play the Vegas odds on this one. With the opening of the renovated stadium and the Wildcats recent home record they seem likely to win. The PL needs this one though! Go Cross!

LUHawker
September 9th, 2016, 11:45 AM
5-2 in Week 1...

HOLY CROSS @ New Hampshire -- A program-defining win for the 'Saders as they spoil UNH's special night.

I think HC holds their own (and more) offensively, but the issue is whether the D can hold UNH's O. Overall, (UNH O > HC's D) > (HC's O > UNH D)

crusader11
September 9th, 2016, 11:50 AM
How good is the UNH offense with their quarterback situation, though? Obviously, the SDSU game doesn't tell us a whole lot. Maybe some of the UNH posters can educate us...

Bogus Megapardus
September 9th, 2016, 12:33 PM
5-2 in Week 1...

Elizabeth City State* @ FORDHAM-- Boring. But I understand Fordham's hands were tied here.
BUCKNELL @ Duquesne -- Taking the home team in two teams that are evenly matched.
GEORGETOWN @ Marist -- The Hoyas feast on the PFL for at least two wins this year.
Delaware @ LAFAYETTE -- Just an inkling, but think Lafayette finds a way to win at home.
LEHIGH @ Villanova -- The torches come out, once again, for Coen after Lehigh loses to Nova.

Derpy say . . . agree with these picks

DFW HOYA
September 9th, 2016, 12:38 PM

Coen is not feeling heat. Now, if he should become the first Engineer coach to lose to Georgetown, that might be grounds for concern.

crusader11
September 9th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Coen is not feeling heat. Now, if he should become the first Engineer coach to lose to Georgetown, that might be grounds for concern.

Maybe not by the Lehigh administration, but sure seems that way with alums and fans.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 9th, 2016, 01:33 PM

The AD is a very proud former football player. If this year tanks I think there will be some sort of staff shakeup and increased pressure on Coen next year.

A losing record would be an epic failure this year.

Leopard Loyalist
September 9th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Only one wrong last week, but this week is far more challenging. I will be happy to be wrong on a couple of these!

Elizabeth City State @ FORDHAM
BUCKNELL @ Duquesne
GEORGETOWN @ Marist
Delaware @ LAFAYETTE
LEHIGH @ Villanova

The Boogie Down
September 9th, 2016, 01:46 PM

Surprised no one mentioned this months ago. Particularly on the Fordham board...

But the Rams weren't the only ones looking to fill a date after Columbia took their ball and left. We got D-II Elizabeth City State while several months later the Lions found that St. Francis was still available.

Wouldn't St. Francis (next week) have made for a better opponent? Wouldn't going up against another FCS count on the various different computer ratings? Not to mention win totals come playoff seedings time. Aren't we already pretty familiar with the Red Flash program? And doesn't St. Francis, just 50 miles north of the Flight 93 tragedy have more of a 9/11 connection than Elizabeth City State? Everything considered, wouldn't they have made for a more acceptable late substitution?

ColgateTD
September 9th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Rams
Dukes
Hoyas
Hens
Nova
Cross (upset special)

Pard4Life
September 9th, 2016, 07:36 PM
Last week: 6-1

Fordham 56, Elizabethtown 7
Bucknell 21, Duquesne 17
Georgetown 28, Marist 21... Hoya margin of victories shrink each week until going negative
Delaware 30, Lafayette 21... closer than some think, but not really a game
Villanova 49, Lehigh 17
UNH 35, Holy Cross 20

RichH2
September 9th, 2016, 08:16 PM
The AD is a very proud former football player. If this year tanks I think there will be some sort of staff shakeup and increased pressure on Coen next year.

A losing record would be an epic failure this year.

Probably true. Losing record staff shakeup guaranteed. Not Andy. But Botts and Roberts absolutely. Keep all the other assts. A lot depends on how D performs.

Lehigh'98
September 9th, 2016, 08:37 PM
4-2 last week....

Fordham 53 Elizabeth City 24 - Rams will roll...

Bucknell 24 Duquesne 21 - The Dukes really got run last week in Ohio. I'll put a little faith in the Bison....

Georgetown 27 Marist 17 - The Hoyas have some talent on their roster. That and solid coaching should be enough to get them by a PFL team...

Delaware 31 Lafayette 10 - UD seems like a team that can go from NR to Top 10 by the end of the year. 'Pards might be improved but this is a tough spot..

Villanova 34 Lehigh 24 - I don't think there's any real difference in talent outside of 'Nova's one true All-American on D. Talley almost never loses to PL teams....

UNH 38 Holy Cross 35 - I want to take the Crusaders but I'll play the Vegas odds on this one. With the opening of the renovated stadium and the Wildcats recent home record they seem likely to win. The PL needs this one though! Go Cross!

i see a pretty substantial talent difference between Villanovas defense and ours.

ngineer
September 9th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Maybe not by the Lehigh administration, but sure seems that way with alums and fans.

How many fans? The half dozen who constantly carp on the Lehigh Forum can never be satisfied. Never saw such a bunch of crepe hangers. I think Lehigh will show up on the Main Line and give 'nova all it can handle. LU has typically bumbled in the first game, even when winning. The tale of this team will come to light in the next couple weeks. Not enough fans in the PL that give crap to really pressure the firing of any coach. It comes down to running a competitive program, that is clean, and has a good academic record. Granted if Lehigh hit the skids and had a number of losing seasons wherein we were not competitive, a change would be made. Lehigh could go on and lose the next four games with very close scores and Coen would not be in trouble. If they get blown out, that would be a different story.

RichH2
September 9th, 2016, 09:40 PM
How many fans? The half dozen who constantly carp on the Lehigh Forum can never be satisfied. Never saw such a bunch of crepe hangers. I think Lehigh will show up on the Main Line and give 'nova all it can handle. LU has typically bumbled in the first game, even when winning. The tale of this team will come to light in the next couple weeks. Not enough fans in the PL that give crap to really pressure the firing of any coach. It comes down to running a competitive program, that is clean, and has a good academic record. Granted if Lehigh hit the skids and had a number of losing seasons wherein we were not competitive, a change would be made. Lehigh could go on and lose the next four games with very close scores and Coen would not be in trouble. If they get blown out, that would be a different story.
+1. One nitpick you spelled crap incorrectly :)

Southsider
September 10th, 2016, 07:12 AM

Agree for the most part. However, new fans are desperately needed. That won't happen as long as the play we have been seeing for the last few years continues. The way the attendance is trending at LU, SVHS will be an adequate venue very soon. As long as Coen and Sterrett are in charge, I would expect the see-saw ride to continue

Bill
September 10th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Agree for the most part. However, new fans are desperately needed. That won't happen as long as the play we have been seeing for the last few years continues. The way the attendance is trending at LU, SVHS will be an adequate venue very soon.

Yes...winning helps, but doesn't cure the fact that for students, Goodman is not convenient. It's been almost 30 years. I propose a study to look into moving the games back to campus. There are a few good spots where a stadium would work - has anyone ever thought about the site where Rausch business sits? xrolleyesx

RichH2
September 10th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Yes...winning helps, but doesn't cure the fact that for students, Goodman is not convenient. It's been almost 30 years. I propose a study to look into moving the games back to campus. There are a few good spots where a stadium would work - has anyone ever thought about the site where Rausch business sits? xrolleyesx

There was serious objections to the move. The clincher apparently was that the funding would only be available for our Goodman. It was pointed out back in the early 60s that it would be easier for alumni to get there than students. They were correct. The slowing attendance has many more causes than location. In any event Goodman campus is and will remain our Athletics home.

RichH2
September 10th, 2016, 09:55 AM
A senior moment for me this AM :). I just realized that except Rams all PL games are at night. W not gonna be happy.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2016, 10:24 AM
A senior moment for me this AM :). I just realized that except Rams all PL games are at night. W not gonna be happy.

Yup! But given the heat a wise decision. Although, there could be some delays tonight when storms roll through the Northeast....

Penn State - Pitt at noon! You can watch Villanova's previous opponent and I can see what Temple is up against next week....

RichH2
September 10th, 2016, 10:40 AM
PSU Pitt is the only choice albeit unappetizing.

RichH2
September 10th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Wake Forest Duke at 330 is my leadin game to Nova.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2016, 03:14 PM
The record for points scored by a PL team in a single game has been broken! The Ram have 76 and counting....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Fordham 83 Elizabeth City 21 Final

Rams get the week off before playing Penn in two weeks. Not sure how Fordham knows what they have heading into that game....

Fordham
September 10th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Fordham 83 Elizabeth City 21 Final

Rams get the week off before playing Penn in two weeks. Not sure how Fordham knows what they have heading into that game....
Agreed. Thanks to Columbia, that's a goofy start to the year

Go...gate
September 10th, 2016, 07:02 PM

Thank you.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Duquesne 30 Bucknell 13 1:50 4Q
Delaware 17 Lafayette 6 6:44 4Q
Georgetown 13 Marist 10 Start of 4Q
Holy Cross 21 UNH 13 12:30 3Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2016, 08:09 PM
TD UD, Parties over for the 'Pards...

24-6 Hens about 6 minutes left

Lehigh'98
September 10th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Poor week for the league. Need HC and G'town to pull these out. The PA teams couldn't salvage a W.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Duquesne 30 Bucknell 19 Final

RichH2
September 10th, 2016, 08:48 PM
What do we know now?
Lehigh can play well enough to lise clise games. Gate had the best Saturday. Cross is good.
Bucknellvhas little offense. Pards have no offense.
Hoyas are Hoyas.
Fordham can beat the crap out of a bad D 2 team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Georgetown is 2-0!! They take down Marist 20-17....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2016, 09:51 PM
Not a good weekend for the PL. Only wins come against a hapless D2 team and PFL school. 0-3 against the CAA is not what you want to see but it seemed almost inevitable from the start. Lehigh and HC had very winnable games but lack the mojo to get it done when it matters. Bucknell just seems in lala land. They're already thinking about basketball...

It won't get any easier next week for the PL. Colgate(@Yale), Lehigh (@Penn), Lafayette (@ Princeton) and Holy Cross (@ Albany) will all be road underdogs....

bgsmitty43
September 10th, 2016, 09:52 PM
Georgetown is 2-0!! They take down Marist 20-17....

Saw this game online. Coach Sgarlata chose to "go for it" twice instead of settling for FGs and converted both for TDs. Not a decisive win, but a win none the less. Columbia in two weeks.

Sader87
September 10th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Georgetown is 2-0 and Tom Gilmore is still head coach at Holy Cross....will wondahs nevah cease?????

PAllen
September 10th, 2016, 10:39 PM
What do we know now?
Lehigh can play well enough to lise clise games. Gate had the best Saturday. Cross is good.
Bucknellvhas little offense. Pards have no offense.
Hoyas are Hoyas.
Fordham can beat the crap out of a bad D 2 team.

That says it all.

No at large for the PL this year.

ngineer
September 10th, 2016, 11:46 PM
That says it all.

True dat

ngineer
September 10th, 2016, 11:51 PM
+1. One nitpick you spelled crap incorrectly :)

Where? In the first line it is "crepe", as in the hanging of black crepe when in mourning.....

ngineer
September 10th, 2016, 11:57 PM
There was serious objections to the move. The clincher apparently was that the funding would only be available for our Goodman. It was pointed out back in the early 60s that it would be easier for alumni to get there than students. They were correct. The slowing attendance has many more causes than location. In any event Goodman campus is and will remain our Athletics home.

Attendance is down everywhere as noted in national publications. Heck, only 6,900 at Villanova tonight and almost half were Lehigh fans. We had not trouble with attendance at Goodman back in the late '90's early "00's when we were winning alot. There has been a culture shift, nationally, about football with the various reported problems with head injuries. You see it now in the pee-wee/midget leagues and turnouts in JR/SR high. It has permeated the student bodies at colleges who also have many more diversions than students did 20 years and more ago. It is not a simple problem.

2ram
September 11th, 2016, 09:44 AM

Yep, a very underwhelming start for the PL.

It's go big or go home this year.

DFW HOYA
September 11th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Attendance is down everywhere as noted in national publications. Heck, only 6,900 at Villanova tonight and almost half were Lehigh fans. We had not trouble with attendance at Goodman back in the late '90's early "00's when we were winning alot. There has been a culture shift, nationally, about football with the various reported problems with head injuries. You see it now in the pee-wee/midget leagues and turnouts in JR/SR high. It has permeated the student bodies at colleges who also have many more diversions than students did 20 years and more ago. It is not a simple problem.

It's not a simple problem but not one as generalized as awareness of head injuries--that certainly didn't stop 156,990 people from driving to Bristol, TN last night for a game with no national championship implications.

If more people went to Lehigh games in the past, it's a function of three things: quantity, quality, and presentation.

1. Back in the 1970's and 1980's, there was one football game a day on TV and you went to the local game because that's where the football was. Between cable, satellite, and the Web there are hundreds of options. When kids walk around the Lehigh Valley with Alabama caps and Oregon t-shirts, chances are it's not because they grew in Tuscaloosa or Eugene. These games have competition, and PL games don't match up.

2. Fans can smell what's a good game and what's not. Scheduling Pioneer and NEC schools sends a message to these fans that these games are a waste of time.

3. Presentation is lacking at these games. The I-A games also invest in what I call the 360-degree experience: activities for the entire family from the time they approach the stadium and lots of video boards, kids events, and social opportunities. By contrast, a lot of PL and Ivy games make it drudgery to sit there for 3+ hours, with little or no entertainment for the family. What to see a great halftime show? You're not going to see it in the Ivy, where 15 Columbia kids walking around in a circle counts as halftime entertainment.

PAllen
September 11th, 2016, 03:31 PM
It's not a simple problem but not one as generalized as awareness of head injuries--that certainly didn't stop 156,990 people from driving to Bristol, TN last night for a game with no national championship implications.

If more people went to Lehigh games in the past, it's a function of three things: quantity, quality, and presentation.

1. Back in the 1970's and 1980's, there was one football game a day on TV and you went to the local game because that's where the football was. Between cable, satellite, and the Web there are hundreds of options. When kids walk around the Lehigh Valley with Alabama caps and Oregon t-shirts, chances are it's not because they grew in Tuscaloosa or Eugene. These games have competition, and PL games don't match up.

2. Fans can smell what's a good game and what's not. Scheduling Pioneer and NEC schools sends a message to these fans that these games are a waste of time.

3. Presentation is lacking at these games. The I-A games also invest in what I call the 360-degree experience: activities for the entire family from the time they approach the stadium and lots of video boards, kids events, and social opportunities. By contrast, a lot of PL and Ivy games make it drudgery to sit there for 3+ hours, with little or no entertainment for the family. What to see a great halftime show? You're not going to see it in the Ivy, where 15 Columbia kids walking around in a circle counts as halftime entertainment.

2 and 3 are dead on. 1 I think is overplayed a bit. In the mid-late 90s, there were plenty of opportunities to watch 3-4 college games at a time for 12 hours from my Lehigh dorm room. I, and many of my classmates, still went over the mountain for a home game. There was serious discussion about expanding Goodman to accommodate larger crowds in the late 90s. Of course, Lehigh was good back then, and played serious games against teams with significant fan interest, which leads directly to your point 2.

RichH2
September 11th, 2016, 03:36 PM
2 and 3 are dead on. 1 I think is overplayed a bit. In the mid-late 90s, there were plenty of opportunities to watch 3-4 college games at a time for 12 hours from my Lehigh dorm room. I, and many of my classmates, still went over the mountain for a home game. There was serious discussion about expanding Goodman to accommodate larger crowds in the late 90s. Of course, Lehigh was good back then, and played serious games against teams with significant fan interest, which leads directly to your point 2.

Agree. Location is a factor. As is ridiculous tailgating regs for students. Put a good team on the field and make Goodman a destination for not only the game.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Don't know why everyone is so down on the PL... three CAA games and every team was in the game. Holy Cross lost in traditional HC fashion.

RichH2
September 11th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Don't know why everyone is so down on the PL... three CAA games and every team was in the game. Holy Cross lost in traditional HC fashion.

The mood swings are approaching Cross board manic depressive hyperbole. Banned myself from Pard and Lehigh boards. The doomsayers are running amok.
Lehigh getting better but needs to relearn how to win.
Pards still need an OL but D is 1st rate
Cross is very good for 3 quarters. Dont know whyCross collapses in the 4th. Lack of depth or lack of rotation ?
Not a great weekend but not the end of the world.

DFW HOYA
September 11th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Agree. Location is a factor. As is ridiculous tailgating regs for students. Put a good team on the field and make Goodman a destination for not only the game.

You can have the easiest location for students to get to (Georgetown, Lafayette), but if they don't win, they won't come.

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2016, 07:13 PM
ecity home of coast guard Air station

PAllen
September 11th, 2016, 07:16 PM
You can have the easiest location for students to get to (Georgetown, Lafayette), but if they don't win, they won't come.

Goodman is not hard to get to as a student. You guys are making it out to be an off campus stadium. I used to run over the mountain and around the stadium and back as my run from my dorm room 2-3 times a week. Want to go to a game? The bus (which runs every five minutes) will drop you off in front of the gate in less than 10. Have a car and want to drive? You can be at tailgates in 5 minutes. Goodman is actually closer to some of the fraternities and new dorms towards the top of Sayre Park than Taylor was.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2016, 08:53 PM
One thing REALLY stood out from the PL-CAA matchups while I was doing my weekly review...

Rushing Yards

Delaware - 276
New Hampshire 362
Villanova - 396
Holy Cross -71
Lafayette - 78
Lehigh - 118

RichH2
September 11th, 2016, 08:59 PM
One thing REALLY stood out in the PL vs CAA games....

Rushing Yards

Delaware - 276
New Hampshire 362
Villanova - 396
Holy Cross -71
Lafayette - 78
Lehigh - 118

Excellent catch. Stark example of the difference between CAA and the PL.

Gate83
September 11th, 2016, 09:03 PM

"Easiest" doesn't matter much. I assume that when Rich cites tailgate regulations he means that PL schools are making it difficult as for the students to drink/party in the parking lots. Faced with the choice of going to a football game dry (and with old people) or partying with their friends, at least at Colgate they are choosing "Fraturday" at the fraternity houses... which looks a lot like what used to go on at the football tailgate. At least back when they got to the lot we had a chance to get them into the game, now when I see how security harasses them I can hardly blame them for staying away.

DFW HOYA
September 11th, 2016, 10:01 PM
"Easiest" doesn't matter much. I assume that when Rich cites tailgate regulations he means that PL schools are making it difficult as for the students to drink/party in the parking lots. Faced with the choice of going to a football game dry (and with old people) or partying with their friends, at least at Colgate they are choosing "Fraturday" at the fraternity houses... which looks a lot like what used to go on at the football tailgate. At least back when they got to the lot we had a chance to get them into the game, now when I see how security harasses them I can hardly blame them for staying away.

Give students something to do and make football worth their interest.

Surprised more schools don't try something like Baylor, where they invite the student body to run on the field before the team does. Great for attendance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bpJ32uGbQw

PAllen
September 12th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Give students something to do and make football worth their interest.

Surprised more schools don't try something like Baylor, where they invite the student body to run on the field before the team does. Great for attendance!

That's a very cool idea, but I'm not sure how it translates to a school with 2-3K students unless attendance is mandatory, which makes it a moot point. Agreed though that cracking down on drinking at tailgates really kills the numbers of students getting to the stadium. I agree with shutting down student tailgates at half time to get their butts into the stadium, but worrying about whether a bunch of undergrads a drunk on a Saturday afternoon is a total waste.

RichH2
September 12th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Didn't realize it is a PL wide crackdown. At LU students go to MOCOs early very few make it to Goodman.
Do understand the dilemma. It was not unusual to see more students at tailgate parties than in stadium. Louder too :).
There must be a middle ground for student tailgates. Now they are basically banned.

ngineer
September 12th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Didn't realize it is a PL wide crackdown. At LU students go to MOCOs early very few make it to Goodman.
Do understand the dilemma. It was not unusual to see more students at tailgate parties than in stadium. Louder too :).
There must be a middle ground for student tailgates. Now they are basically banned.

No question the "Gestapo" approach to the students has "watered down" attendance. They should make attendance mandatory in order to get a ticket to the Laughyette game. They can track that with the card swipes

Gate83
September 12th, 2016, 09:02 PM
No question the "Gestapo" approach to the students has "watered down" attendance. They should make attendance mandatory in order to get a ticket to the Laughyette game. They can track that with the card swipes

We don't have the rivalry as a carrot, but I'd guarantee mandatory attendance would drive away more kids than it would attract. Treat them like adults, maybe some of them respond positively...

RichH2
September 12th, 2016, 09:52 PM

LU has used swipe rewards as incentive at numerous events. Has been relatively successful on a small scale. Not a fan of mandatory attendance. Wont work. Rather expand the current swipe rewards. More importantly that can only work if Goodman has a good product to offer. Good team, a more relaxed tailgate. Hell have a miniconcert before the game. A destination for an afternoon.

LUHawker
September 13th, 2016, 09:57 AM
The mood swings are approaching Cross board manic depressive hyperbole. Banned myself from Pard and Lehigh boards. The doomsayers are running amok.
Lehigh getting better but needs to relearn how to win.

Rich - you're very likely the most even-keeled LU poster (on any board). I'm certain I'm one that you are describing as "doomsayers". That's too bad and I think inaccurate. I think LU has most of the right ingredients, but have the wrong cooks using the wrong cookbook. It is for exactly the reason that the ingredients are there, that I (and surely a few fellow posters) want new cooks, or at least new cookbooks. You're an astute enough guy to realize that things aren't going to change on the field unless some other things do off it. I'm just willing to call it out. I don't know when you'll lift the self-imposed ban, but if it is contingent on the pot-stirrers halting, I suspect we won't see you for a while. I hope I'm wrong.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Rich - you're very likely the most even-keeled LU poster (on any board). I'm certain I'm one that you are describing as "doomsayers". That's too bad and I think inaccurate. I think LU has most of the right ingredients, but have the wrong cooks using the wrong cookbook. It is for exactly the reason that the ingredients are there, that I (and surely a few fellow posters) want new cooks, or at least new cookbooks. You're an astute enough guy to realize that things aren't going to change on the field unless some other things do off it. I'm just willing to call it out. I don't know when you'll lift the self-imposed ban, but if it is contingent on the pot-stirrers halting, I suspect we won't see you for a while. I hope I'm wrong.

The board got overrun but nonsense the last 3-4 days. Hopefully it gets cleaned up.

Lehigh simply needs a win and until they get one things will get progressively testy. There's no reason an experienced team looking to build off of last season should start 0-3 (?), 0-4(?), 0-5 (?), 0-6 (?). When they lost the opener due to a horrific first half the pressure was on. Just like Lafayette needed to take care of business to avoid a potentially real ugly start, it was very important to beat Monmouth at home imo.

I don't think the odds are in Lehigh's favor this week. Can they win? Yes, that was proven last year. But it's on the road against a pretty talented roster who will be seeking some level of revenge. I'm guessing the betting line will have Lehigh +6 or so?

RichH2
September 13th, 2016, 10:32 AM

Dont disagree with your analogy. And no you're not one of "those guys" :). We have the talent in both O and D. I have no issue with O staff. DC and DL coach have shown little to warrant any confidence. DC was very good in his first stint. For whatever reasons that success has not transitioned to the present. Concede that D has improved from last 2 years. It is not goid yet and I credit improvement to the young assts Ward Sutyak Riesing et al. We'll see over next 3 weeks whether D improves. I do think that Andy must bring in a younger DC at the very least to get us out of this cycle of atrocious D. How sad is it that as avid fans we are hoping for a mediocre D for a good season.
That's how I see it.
The constamt barrage if posts hyping what QB cant do and ignoring what he does do is asinine. What he has to prove is his ability to make that clutch play to win the game mire consistently.

RichH2
September 13th, 2016, 02:26 PM
The board got overrun but nonsense the last 3-4 days. Hopefully it gets cleaned up.

Lehigh simply needs a win and until they get one things will get progressively testy. There's no reason an experienced team looking to build off of last season should start 0-3 (?), 0-4(?), 0-5 (?), 0-6 (?). When they lost the opener due to a horrific first half the pressure was on. Just like Lafayette needed to take care of business to avoid a potentially real ugly start, it was very important to beat Monmouth at home imo.

I don't think the odds are in Lehigh's favor this week. Can they win? Yes, that was proven last year. But it's on the road against a pretty talented roster who will be seeking some level of revenge. I'm guessing the betting line will have Lehigh +6 or so?

LU looks to be getting 10. To win we must be better again this week. Last yr we had LOS control for most of 3 quarters. Must do at least that. Penn has the QB that Nova lacked. We cannot give him time to throw.
Enuf now. Lehigh must be a better team this week.