PDA

View Full Version : MEAC-SWAC Challenge

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Anyone tuning in to the MEAC-SWAC Challenge between Alcorn State and Bethune-Cookman on ESPN this afternoon? Pretty sloppy play thus far, but still a national TV game for FCS.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Comment from the announcer "This is like a bowl atmosphere." Not sure I agree with that this year.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 12:34 PM
0-0 with the clock ticking down in the first quarter. Little offense thus far. A lot of penalties.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Anyone know anything about Municipal Stadium in Orlando? This seems to be the smallest venue I can remember the SWAC and MEAC using for this game.

Bisonoline
September 4th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Comment from the announcer "This is like a bowl atmosphere." Not sure I agree with that this year.

The one guy in the both we refer to as the--"when I played at Howard"-- dude.I think his name is Jay Walker. Hes done some work at the FCS Natty and is awful. They obviously arent the A team or B or C team.

PantherRob82
September 4th, 2016, 12:44 PM
0-0 with the clock ticking down in the first quarter. Little offense thus far. A lot of penalties.

They should call this game the "penalties in a game challenge". Both conferences seem to have a lot of issues with that. I remember a MEAC game years ago on a Thursday where a guy on the sideline tackled someone and got ejected.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Jontavious Carter, the Miami transfer receiver, gets behind the Alcorn State secondary for the first TD of the game. Bethune-Cookman 7, Alcorn State 0 early in the second period.

Catsfan90
September 4th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Just tuned in!

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 12:58 PM
The one guy in the both we refer to as the--"when I played at Howard"-- dude.I think his name is Jay Walker. Hes done some work at the FCS Natty and is awful. They obviously arent the A team or B or C team.

Jay Walker was a great FCS quarterback. Not so great as an announcer. I cringe when I bump into him before games I cover, knowing that the TV broadcast won't be so good.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Mr. Chicken, what is your take on the game? I see you out there.

Bisonoline
Jay Walker was a great FCS quarterback. Not so great as an announcer. I cringe when I bump into him before games I cover, knowing that the TV broadcast won't be so good.

We all cringe as well.

Catsfan90
Bethune having some serious problems with tackling...

MR. CHICKEN
September 4th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Mr. Chicken, what is your take on the game? I see you out there.

...SUNDAY AFTERNOONS...ARE TAILOR MADE....FO' SNOOZIN'.......AH'VE BEEN YAWNIN'...SINCE KICK-OFF.......AWK!

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Alcorn State ties it with a 36-yard TD pass to McKenzie. 7-7 with 8:51 left in the half.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 01:06 PM
...SUNDAY AFTERNOONS...ARE TAILOR MADE....FO' SNOOZIN'.......AH'VE BEEN YAWNIN'...SINCE KICK-OFF.......AWK!

The MEAC-SWAC Challenge, a little warm milk ... Perfect for a fowl football fan to catch some zzz's. Even the NFL Red Zone broadcasts put me to sleep on Sunday afternoons after a long Saturday of covering college football.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Giving Jay Walker some love, he did some good analysis on the Alcorn State TD pass play. Boy, did Bethune-Cookman go to sleep on that.

Fumble recovery for Alcorn State deep in B-CU territory. Foster on the recovery at the 18.

- - - Updated - - -

Wheel route for Turner to score on the TD pass one play after the turnover.

- - - Updated - - -

Alcorn State 13
Bethune-Cookman 7

8:26 2nd

Blocked PAT

- - - Updated - - -

Two TDs in a matter of seconds. Wonder if that woke up Mr. Chicken?

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Appalachian State getting some love from Jay Walker for nearly beating Tennessee on Thursday night (Mr. C was there and the old FCS school should have won).

- - - Updated - - -

Almost a pick-six for Alcorn State. Bad drop by the Braves.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 01:17 PM
When I see Bethune-Cookman play, I ALWAYS miss seeing Alvin Wyatt and his wild outfits on the sideline. Wyatt had the funniest coaching show in America. Mr. Superfly.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Lightning delay at Municipal Stadium. This one could be going on for a long while.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Finishing up on Alvin Wyatt, who was also a pretty good NFL player in his day. Someone has missed the boat by not making him into a reality TV star.

Schism55
September 4th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Anyone know anything about Municipal Stadium in Orlando? This seems to be the smallest venue I can remember the SWAC and MEAC using for this game.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Municipal_Stadium_(Daytona_Beach)
And lol @ bowl atmosphere....maybe the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl :D

kdinva
September 4th, 2016, 01:37 PM

I know they got the FSU/Mississippi game tomorrow at the Citrus Bowl......and the grounds crew in Daytona could have done a better job with painting the lines and hashes......

melloware13
September 4th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Game was called due to weather, will not be made up

kdinva
September 4th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Game was called due to weather, will not be made up

does Jay Walker still get paid? :D

Mr. C
September 4th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Why not finish it on Monday?

ASU33
September 4th, 2016, 06:15 PM

Municipal is in Daytona. Its the home stadium for Bethune-Cookman.

GAD
September 4th, 2016, 08:53 PM
They changed the format in even number years a MEAC team host, odd numbers a SWAC team will host. In 2017 Southern will host South Carolina State

GManFromTigerland
September 7th, 2016, 09:08 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Municipal_Stadium_(Daytona_Beach)
And lol @ bowl atmosphere....maybe the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl :D
Really? Does it make you feel good to talk down on less supported conferences?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk