PDA

View Full Version : Clemson RB Eyeing SHSU?

TexasTerror
December 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Rumor on KatFans.com is that Clemson reserve running back Demerick Chancellor will be heading to Sam Houston State. There is nothing to confirm this at this time. I know there's quite a few fans on this board in the Carolinas. Let me know what your hearing on your front...

FYI...

Chancellor was the third leading rusher on Clemson's fifth-ranked rushing offense with 276 yards on 45 attempts this year. He had a pair of 100-yard rushing games and averaged 6.1 yards per carry.

The native of Miramar, Fla., had 11 carries for 113 yards against Louisiana Tech and 21 for 114 against Temple.

Player Info:
http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/chancellor_demerick00.html

On KatFans.com:
http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4161

Coastal89
December 30th, 2006, 10:07 PM
He won't be the only one to transfer. Clemson's program is in turmoil right now and there is alot of discontent. I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy Bowden didn't release them to play elsewhere though, just for spite.

However, I was just looking at their roster with the idea of some players transfer and noticed they have 3 lower class centers. I wish we could get one of them at Coastal, ours graduated.

BigApp
January 1st, 2007, 08:14 PM
probably be at least 5 kids leave Clempsun for FCS schools

McNeese75
January 1st, 2007, 09:35 PM
Rumor on KatFans.com is that Clemson reserve running back Demerick Chancellor will be heading to Sam Houston State. There is nothing to confirm this at this time. I know there's quite a few fans on this board in the Carolinas. Let me know what your hearing on your front...

FYI...

Chancellor was the third leading rusher on Clemson's fifth-ranked rushing offense with 276 yards on 45 attempts this year. He had a pair of 100-yard rushing games and averaged 6.1 yards per carry.

The native of Miramar, Fla., had 11 carries for 113 yards against Louisiana Tech and 21 for 114 against Temple.

Player Info:
http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/chancellor_demerick00.html

On KatFans.com:
http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4161

Transfer U continues :D

TexasTerror
January 2nd, 2007, 07:13 AM
Transfer U continues :D

While transfers, namely at QB, have been a huge part of our success...

We have not had an overwhelming amount of transfers under the Todd Whiten era (nine total FBS transfers over the last two years, one of which was the son of an assistant coach and his best friend), compared to Robert MacFarland at SFA (11 on the roster last year and they had a few who graduated in 2005 who just played one year)...

lizrdgizrd
January 2nd, 2007, 08:10 AM
He won't be the only one to transfer. Clemson's program is in turmoil right now and there is alot of discontent. I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy Bowden didn't release them to play elsewhere though, just for spite.

However, I was just looking at their roster with the idea of some players transfer and noticed they have 3 lower class centers. I wish we could get one of them at Coastal, ours graduated.
I'm not surprised at the turmoil given their collapse this season. :nonono2:

MarkCCU
January 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM
I agree with CoastalFan..haven't heard anything down here in Charleston but then again i've been in atlanta for a few days so i've missed a lot of local news

jmuroller
January 2nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
There should be some heat put on Bowden right now. The ACC was terrible this year and Clemson was loaded. 8 wins is a HUGE dissapointment for them this year!!!

Coastal89
January 5th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Sorry Cat fans.

By Phil Kornblut
Former Clemson RB Demerick Chancellor (6-1192) said Friday he is looking at North Carolina A&T, Texas Southern and Marshall for his new school. He said Marshall just recently contacted him.

TexasTerror
January 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Former Clemson RB Demerick Chancellor (6-1192) said Friday he is looking at North Carolina A&T, Texas Southern and Marshall for his new school. He said Marshall just recently contacted him.

Thanks for the info...

He's looking at two very low-performing FCS schools (A&T didn't win at all last year and TxSo has been passed up by even PVA&M)...

Lionsrking
January 5th, 2007, 09:28 PM
A lot of transfers could care less. They just want to know they'll start immediately or maybe they are familiar with a coach or another player on that particular team.

TexasTerror
January 5th, 2007, 09:43 PM
A lot of transfers could care less. They just want to know they'll start immediately or maybe they are familiar with a coach or another player on that particular team.

Right, you never know...

I'm interested what will happen at SHSU with the Rhett Bomar situation. We have him for two years. One would believe that WRs would want to come to SHSU right now. We already have an All-American candidate at TE in Blake Martin. Atleast one JUCO WR from Navarro Jr already in the fold. Interested to see what else develops on the offensive side of the ball...

Also picked up a JUCO DE from Blinn Jr, NJCAA National Champs...

Lionsrking
January 5th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Right, you never know...

I'm interested what will happen at SHSU with the Rhett Bomar situation. We have him for two years. One would believe that WRs would want to come to SHSU right now. We already have an All-American candidate at TE in Blake Martin. Atleast one JUCO WR from Navarro Jr already in the fold. Interested to see what else develops on the offensive side of the ball...

Also picked up a JUCO DE from Blinn Jr, NJCAA National Champs...

I'm sure Bomar will help some in recruiting but at the end of the day it's gonna come down to the school itself, the coach, style of play, and how close it is to momma and girlfriend. If those elements line up in your favor, I'm sure he could be the deciding factor.