PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to come to California next year?

slostang
December 30th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Cal Poly is looking for home games in 2007. Of the six away games in 2006, only two of the teams (North Dakota State and Weber State) are returning the game in 2007. Of the other four games two games were against I-A/FBS teams (San Diego State and San Jose State), one was against Sac State who is not renewing a 30 game serries with the Mustangs and the last one was Montana who will not travel to San Luis Obispo.

Cal Poly will travel in 2007 to Texas State, Idaho, South Dakota State, UC Davis and Southern Utah.

Cal Poly is looking for at least three more home games in 2007. Anyone one interested? California is beatiful in the fall and San Luis Obispo is a 15 minute drive to the beach and a 20 to 30 minute drive to some great wine tasting at over 20 vineyards. If so have your AD call our AD and let's put it together.

Model Citizen
December 30th, 2006, 09:21 PM
USD is set for next year.

The only way I see a USD-Cal Poly game is if you schedule the Toreros home and home AND if USD hires a coach extremely sympathetic to your plight...like a Cal Poly graduate.

Stranger things have happened. Maybe 2008.

ucdtim17
December 30th, 2006, 11:27 PM
I think everyone in the GWFC still needs home games

ngineer
December 31st, 2006, 09:55 AM
Lehigh hasn't travelled to the west coast since the 1998 when we played St. Mary's. Before that, it was at UC-Davis in the 1977 D-II semifinals. Expense is usually the issue. I know the University likes to try and 'show the flag' in different regions of the country every so many years. Not sure what any plans would be IF a 12th game were added, since our schedule is already set through 2008.

th0m
December 31st, 2006, 10:09 AM
How is it that Cal Poly has only 1 home GWFC game, and 3 away?

Eaglegus2
December 31st, 2006, 10:24 AM
Cal Poly is looking for home games in 2007. Of the six away games in 2006, only two of the teams (North Dakota State and Weber State) are returning the game in 2007. Of the other four games two games were against I-A/FBS teams (San Diego State and San Jose State), one was against Sac State who is not renewing a 30 game serries with the Mustangs and the last one was Montana who will not travel to San Luis Obispo.

Cal Poly will travel in 2007 to Texas State, Idaho, South Dakota State, UC Davis and Southern Utah.

Cal Poly is looking for at least three more home games in 2007. Anyone one interested? California is beatiful in the fall and San Luis Obispo is a 15 minute drive to the beach and a 20 to 30 minute drive to some great wine tasting at over 20 vineyards. If so have your AD call our AD and let's put it together.

What dates do you have available?

Georgia Southern has only two dates available. September 8th or November 17

I am hearing that GSU is looking for a home & home.

:nod: :D Have your people call our people.

slostang
December 31st, 2006, 12:53 PM
How is it that Cal Poly has only 1 home GWFC game, and 3 away?
It is the left over effect of Northern Colorado leaving the GWFC for the Big Sky. The schedules were set for a few years out and they would have been the second home game.

slostang
December 31st, 2006, 12:56 PM
What dates do you have available?

Georgia Southern has only two dates available. September 8th or November 17

I am hearing that GSU is looking for a home & home.

:nod: :D Have your people call our people.
I would love to see a home and home with Georgia Southern. The only date I know for sure is we open in San Marcos Sept. 1rst against Texas State.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 31st, 2006, 03:36 PM
UNH has seven players from California on the roster with hopefully a few more coming.** I believe the oldest is a sophomore this year. The slate is already set for 2007, but I'm not sure about 2008 or 2009. AFAIK, a FBS team hasn't been announced yet for 2009. So, who knows??????

I know it's probably cost prohibitive to schedule this type of game, but with both backup quarterbacks on UNH from California as well as Kackert and Parent, maybe they look for a "homecoming" game or a game to enhance CA recruiting?

BTW, four of those seven players are from San Diego. You think another CA school might want to talk to UNH?

** FWIW, I don't have any inside information about recruiting. That was just a generic wish for more CA players because so far it's worked out well for UNH.

December 31st, 2006, 03:51 PM
I want to go to SLO again next year! :nod:

Da Bison
December 31st, 2006, 05:04 PM
Went to Poly last year and plan on making the trip again this fall. Had a very enjoyable time, even though Poly beat my Bison.

Aggie71
December 31st, 2006, 05:41 PM
ngineer...

Come back to Davis!!! New digs here. I was at the '77 game. Whatta shootout.

peace,

'71

JALMOND
December 31st, 2006, 08:26 PM
It would be nice to start a home and home with Cal Poly, yet we are trying to reestablish our rivalry with Davis. We usually recruit heavily from California, yet mainly from northern California (Bay Area, Sacramento). Therefore, Davis is a much better fit for us.

ngineer
January 1st, 2007, 12:02 AM
ngineer...

Come back to Davis!!! New digs here. I was at the '77 game. Whatta shootout.

peace,

'71

That was one great game to watch. We ARE WRESTLING Davis this coming Friday up at Stanford.;)

roadwarrior
January 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
I am coming to SLO this year!

GO BISON!

RabidRabbit
January 1st, 2007, 11:35 AM
I think everyone in the GWFC still needs home games

SDSU Jacks are set with 11 games for '07, if the UNI game listed on the PantherNation board comes thru. No D-2 games.