PDA

View Full Version : Re-entry allowed at half time?

DaGriz
December 30th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Which schools allow their fans to leave the stadium during half time to tailgate and re-enter in the second half? As much as I enjoy the tailgate aspect at half time, it kills the home field advantage for the first 10-15 minutes of the second half because the stands are half empty while people are filling back in. I was at a Cal Bears game this year and they don't allow it. I guess Oregon is the only Pac-10 school that allows fans to leave and re-enter. Those that have closed half times, how do you feel about it and those that don't how do you feel about it?

Husky Alum
December 30th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Northeastern does, but the parking lot (ok, 50-75 cars can park there) is right next to the stands - you have to have been at a game to "appreciate it" - and you can come and go freely during the game.

UNHWildCats
December 30th, 2006, 11:18 AM
i dont see what the point is of tailgating at hal;ftime. seems more suitable for pre game and post game. If I was gonna enjoy some tail;gating i'd wanna be able to relax or play catch and stuiff not hurry to down a bear and a burger or something to rush back in.

GeauxColonels
December 30th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Which schools allow their fans to leave the stadium during half time to tailgate and re-enter in the second half? As much as I enjoy the tailgate aspect at half time, it kills the home field advantage for the first 10-15 minutes of the second half because the stands are half empty while people are filling back in. I was at a Cal Bears game this year and they don't allow it. I guess Oregon is the only Pac-10 school that allows fans to leave and re-enter. Those that have closed half times, how do you feel about it and those that don't how do you feel about it?
As a former member of the Pride of NSU marching band at Nicholls State, I think it's completely disrespectful for fans to leave the STADIUM at the half. Going down to the concession stands or bathrooms is one thing, but LEAVING - you might as well not even go to the game.

92Appy
December 30th, 2006, 11:45 AM
App will only allow you to re-enter after the 3rd quarter
I guess there would be to much "mischief" in the parking lots!
:beerchug:

ncbears
December 30th, 2006, 11:57 AM
No re-entry at Nottingham field in Greeley.

NDSUFREAK
December 30th, 2006, 12:03 PM
No re-entry at the FFD

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I've never tried leaving. We have a club room with free beer. :thumbsup:

YoUDeeMan
December 30th, 2006, 12:06 PM
No re-entry at UD. And you also can't stay in the parking lot to tailgate durng games. Before (4 hours) and after (1 or 2 hours) tailgating allowed.

ucdtim17
December 30th, 2006, 12:31 PM
I was at a Cal Bears game this year and they don't allow it. I guess Oregon is the only Pac-10 school that allows fans to leave and re-enter.

Stanford allows re-entry.

Davis does as well, which is nice. Hopefully that will continue next year in the new stadium

December 30th, 2006, 01:39 PM
When UNH played at Northwestern (who knew they had a team?) they did not allow re-entry at all.

GoGuins
December 30th, 2006, 01:48 PM
No re-entry at YSU. Until about 7 or 8 years ago you were able to

LeopardFan04
December 30th, 2006, 01:53 PM
No re-entry at Lafayette, at least for the Lehigh game anyway...I think they close the gates at a certain time as well (half maybe?) I think the policy is in effect for all games, but I've sure for games other than against Lehigh it is more relaxed...not completely sure though...

Cocky
December 30th, 2006, 02:18 PM
JSU, you can leave and reenter at anytime of the game or when you beverage runs out. You can bring in a cup but not a bottle of beverage.

Seven Would Be Nice
December 30th, 2006, 02:44 PM

Well re-entry is not allowed at GSU, our fans just leave at half time to go to the "after parties".

:confused: :confused: :confused:

DaGriz
December 30th, 2006, 05:03 PM

Davis does as well, which is nice. Hopefully that will continue next year in the new stadium

I was at the Sacramento State/Montana game a few years ago in Sacto. and it was just a monsoon, raining side ways. There was about 100 fans in the stands still when half time rolled around. We wanted to go out and get more rain gear and we had to beg the morons at the gate to let us run to our car and get more stuff and come back in. It blew my mind they acted like that under those weather conditions and with such few fans there.

mistersykes
December 30th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Well re-entry is not allowed at GSU, our fans just leave at half time to go to the "after parties".

That's stupid. Some people at App do that too though, I'm pretty sure. :nonono2:

VictorG
December 30th, 2006, 05:14 PM
We (my wife and I) love tailgating. We tailgate with many, many friends which we only get to see during football season. If they stopped allowing re-entry into the stadium we'd be unhappy but would continue to come to the games. More than likely, sneak refreshments into the stadium and meet for "mini-tailgates"!

If the football team can't play well because fans are not back into their seat immediately after half time ends, then there is something wrong with the team/coaching. The excuse that they lose home field advantage because the fans are not back in their seats holds no weight with me.

mistersykes
December 30th, 2006, 05:22 PM
We (my wife and I) love tailgating. We tailgate with many, many friends which we only get to see during football season. If they stopped allowing re-entry into the stadium we'd be unhappy but would continue to come to the games. More than likely, sneak refreshments into the stadium and meet for "mini-tailgates"!

If the football team can't play well because fans are not back into their seat immediately after half time ends, then there is something wrong with the team/coaching. The excuse that they lose home field advantage because the fans are not back in their seats holds no weight with me.

The argument of Geauxcolonels holds much more credence. It's just not the most respectful thing to do to leave at halftime. Stay and support the band instead!

VictorG
December 30th, 2006, 05:28 PM
The argument of Geauxcolonels holds much more credence. It's just not the most respectful thing to do to leave at halftime. Stay and support the band instead!

Each to his/her own. I pay over $550 for 3 season tickets to have fun at the games. It is our "social events" of the year. I enjoy and support the band while they march through the tailgates.

I guess, people shouldn't go to the rest rooms or concessions stands during half time either???:rolleyes:

GRZZ
December 30th, 2006, 05:28 PM
As a former member of the Pride of NSU marching band at Nicholls State, I think it's completely disrespectful for fans to leave the STADIUM at the half. Going down to the concession stands or bathrooms is one thing, but LEAVING - you might as well not even go to the game.

Disrespectful to who? The players? Or the band? I don't like that our stands aren't full again until half way through the third quarter, but I don't think leaving at half time is that disrespectful to anyone. If you are looking at it from the bands point of view, I guess I could see where you are coming from. However, and I mean this with no disrespect intended, most of the fans are there to see the football game, and it is intermission so if they don't want to watch the half time festivities, that is their perogative. I;m not syaing bands don't work hard and desrve fans, those who leave are missing out, but disrespectful is a stretch. :twocents:

elkmcc
December 30th, 2006, 05:30 PM

You mean you can leave the stadium at half time? And here I thought everyone was just standing in line waiting for a Viking.xlolx

NDSUFREAK
December 30th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I'd leave the FFD at halftime if I could........nothing to see or watch at have time. sorry GSMB.

appsfan
December 30th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I too love tailgating and I get to the game early to have plenty of time to do so. I have never left a game to do more tailgating (half-time or otherwise) since I go to see the game. At ASU it is obvious a lot a people don't want to miss the game either as evidenced by the empty mini-bottles in the restrooms. Personally, I prefer the flask approach if I want some adult beverage during the game. :twocents:

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 30th, 2006, 11:06 PM
The Swac or Meac will never have this problem. xlolx

GeauxColonels
December 31st, 2006, 02:13 AM
Disrespectful to who? The players? Or the band? I don't like that our stands aren't full again until half way through the third quarter, but I don't think leaving at half time is that disrespectful to anyone. If you are looking at it from the bands point of view, I guess I could see where you are coming from. However, and I mean this with no disrespect intended, most of the fans are there to see the football game, and it is intermission so if they don't want to watch the half time festivities, that is their perogative. I;m not syaing bands don't work hard and desrve fans, those who leave are missing out, but disrespectful is a stretch. :twocents:
I totally understand that the VAST majority of fans are there for the team. HOWEVER, college football is about much more than just the team. There are many student organizations that work hard week-in and week-out to prepare for football games and they deserve some attention too. Like I said...getting up for a drink, bathroom break or just to stretch is one thing....but completely LEAVING the stadium is disrespectful to those students who work and sweat their asses off during the week to entertain the fans and provide the best college atmosphere possible.

I think that this also leads into the problem with the stands not filling up again until half-way through the 3rd quarter. To me that's inexcusable as well.

December 31st, 2006, 04:06 AM
The Swac or Meac will never have this problem. xlolxand you know the reason why... xlolx

Seven Would Be Nice
December 31st, 2006, 10:47 AM
That's stupid. Some people at App do that too though, I'm pretty sure. :nonono2:

I think it's (atleast at GSU) a lot of the UGA fans that didn't get in there, and could give two *****s less about FCS football. Most of them end up tailgating in the parking lot the whole time listening to the game (or the UGA game) on the radio. The ones that do show up during the second quarter leave at half time. I hate to stereotype, but a lot of that crowd are the people in 'greek' organizations.

Oh well, everyone can't be a fan and respect the FCS.: smh : :bawling:

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 31st, 2006, 11:06 AM
and you know the reason why... xlolx
Because we have outstanding, entertaining Bands.:thumbsup:

Tribe4SF
December 31st, 2006, 11:23 AM
Re-entry is allowed at W&M, except during JMU night game sell-outs. I guess they realize there is additional drinking and "edginess" surrounding that game. They'll have a problem restricting it for the JMU game this year, because this past season they removed the porta johns from the south end, and had people exit into the University Center to go to the bathrooms.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 31st, 2006, 11:47 AM
I really don't know what the policy is at JMU......someone else will need to chime in.....I just know that the greatest show on earth performs at halftime........I'm not moving!!!!!!

MTGrizzFan
December 31st, 2006, 02:13 PM

i agree

December 31st, 2006, 03:54 PM
Because we have outstanding, entertaining Bands.:thumbsup:and an audience that came to see the bands! Ain't nuttin' wrong wit dat! As long as they bought a ticket!!

SUjagTILLiDIE
December 31st, 2006, 04:31 PM
and an audience that came to see the bands! Ain't nuttin' wrong wit dat! As long as they bought a ticket!!
Wrong. People come to see the game. Its just extra entertainment, just like the NFL cheerleaders.

December 31st, 2006, 04:34 PM
Wrong. People come to see the game. Its just extra entertainment, just like the NFL cheerleaders.Not wrong. Lots of folks come to see the bands and leave afterwards. I have seen it at every single game. Some more than others but still there are some folks there to see the bands or come in only to see the bands at the half. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with that.

GRZZ
December 31st, 2006, 04:59 PM
Not wrong. Lots of folks come to see the bands and leave afterwards. I have seen it at every single game. Some more than others but still there are some folks there to see the bands or come in only to see the bands at the half. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with that.

No, nothing wrong with that at all. But if the fans don't want to watch the bands, there is not a problem with that at all because the ticket is purchased to see the game.

The Cats
December 31st, 2006, 05:32 PM
I'm sure I heard announcements this year that it's a SoCon policy of no "re-entry" into games. I know they tell you at Western that if you leave, you have to purchase a new ticket to return.

JohnStOnge
December 31st, 2006, 08:11 PM

Most people don't go to the game to watch the band! At least not unless it's the SWAC. I like having the freedom to leave the stadium during halftime

Northwestern State allows it. At least it has every time I've asked.

igo4uni
December 31st, 2006, 08:57 PM
I've never tried leaving. We have a club room with free beer. :thumbsup:

I don't leave at halftime either, but for the record, re-entry is indeed allowed at the Fabulous UNI-Dome.

BEAR
December 31st, 2006, 09:03 PM
Reentry is allowed at Estes Stadium. Most of the ticket takers just look at your torn ticket and let you back in. Heck, Conway is such a small community that you probably know the ticket taker from Church or one one of your college classes:read: you attended anyway. xlolx

Kabooom
January 1st, 2007, 11:50 AM
....If Montana didn't let people back in after halftime, you'd have MAYBE.....5000 people watching the 2nd half!....Ugh...duh...burp...blurb...burp..ugh....d uh....Got to have my drink.....ugh....duh.....xidiotx :p ......Ok ....who stole my Methodone...

ngineer
January 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM
It's my recollection that the 'no re-entry' rule is used only for the Lafayette game. I know I ran out to my car to get rain gear a year or so ago, and just had to show my ticket stub to get back in.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM
Most people don't go to the game to watch the band! At least not unless it's the SWAC. Unfair statement.

TexasTerror
January 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
Unfair statement.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight! :nonono2:

McNeese75
January 1st, 2007, 09:38 PM
Most people don't go to the game to watch the band! At least not unless it's the SWAC. I like having the freedom to leave the stadium during halftime

Northwestern State allows it. At least it has every time I've asked.

McNeese allows it as well :thumbsup:

bluehenbillk
January 2nd, 2007, 11:17 AM
As previously stated, UD doesn't allow re-entry, only in special cases. My advice is if you need to go out accompany a mother & infant/toddler & tell the guard that she needs to go nurse the baby, no problems with that one in Newark.

Walkon79
January 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Bobcat Stadium allows re-entry, and the only time it didn't fill back up this year was UCD:o :o

GRZZ
January 2nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Fill back up period or fill back up right away?

aggie6thman
January 2nd, 2007, 05:27 PM

No way, I think it is a horrible idea to allow re-entry. I hope that this is ended once and for all once the new stadium opens.

ucdtim17
January 2nd, 2007, 06:50 PM
I got to enjoy a few rounds of beer pong across the street during Causeway halftime this year. Yes it sucks for the band that students empty out to rehydrate, but I've still got some drunk college student in me and I hate halftime anyways. It takes forever.

JDC325
January 3rd, 2007, 09:58 AM

Trust me I wish we still did but when I was a student there is when the rule changed and for a legite reasons. The students were proving over and over again that letting them leave at half time to drink more was not a good idea. I did the same thing but rushing the field with time left on the clock and constantly throwing things a the opposing teams bench is what sealed the deal. It is also why I think we blocked off alot of seats with that big GSU logo tarp for awhile.

Pard4Life
January 3rd, 2007, 10:09 AM
You can always enter and leave at Lafayette.. also at Lehigh... not sure about the Laf/Lehigh game... too crowded to try and attempt...

89rabbit
January 3rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
It is allowed at SDSU, although most fans stick around for "The Pride of the Dakotas"!

http://www3.sdstate.edu/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/11022.jpg

OhioHen
January 3rd, 2007, 12:02 PM
No re-entry at UD. And you also can't stay in the parking lot to tailgate durng games. Before (4 hours) and after (1 or 2 hours) tailgating allowed.

Remember the uproar when the no tailgating during the game policy was announced? And the police patrolling the lots just before kickoff telling everyone to go into the stadium?

Best part of the no tailgating during the game policy is that the stands fill up before kickoff rather than five minutes into the first quarter (common in the '80s).

Walkon79
January 3rd, 2007, 01:47 PM
Fill back up period or fill back up right away?

I only made it to three games, but i would say it was usually back to the original attendance within a possession or so. All the games were close except for UCD, and the crowd generally was there to support.

slycat
January 3rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
re-entry is allowed at texas st. i will usually only leave the student side to go the the home side so i can see the halftime show better.

bobbythekidd
January 3rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Trust me I wish we still did but when I was a student there is when the rule changed and for a legite reasons. The students were proving over and over again that letting them leave at half time to drink more was not a good idea. I did the same thing but rushing the field with time left on the clock and constantly throwing things a the opposing teams bench is what sealed the deal. It is also why I think we blocked off alot of seats with that big GSU logo tarp for awhile.
I was one of those that rushed the feild with time left. I think in 2000. We had just intercepted the ball with like 19 seconds left. We were just going to take a knee. What was wrong with that. FWIW, I was holding the "Beware of falling goalposts" sign. Still have it. I was sober too!

ngineer
January 3rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
As previously stated, UD doesn't allow re-entry, only in special cases. My advice is if you need to go out accompany a mother & infant/toddler & tell the guard that she needs to go nurse the baby, no problems with that one in Newark.

How about if you go out with your 'baby' and say you need to nurse?:D ;)