PDA

View Full Version : Why not Bohl or Simpson for the Robinson?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 29th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Not saying that Jerry Moore isn't a good coach (he is a very good coach) but as far as coaching goes don't you think the better choice for the award would have been Craig Bohl or Jason Simpson? In my opinion you have to give Edwards and Richardson a lot of the credit for the national championship repeat this year. They absolutely played their hearts out all season, especially in the playoffs. I don't think NDSU or Ut Martin has playmakers quite like these guys.

:twocents:

spelunker64
December 29th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Bohl did recieve more first place votes...

This one will gets some posts
xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

NDSUFREAK
December 29th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I don't think that you can say that NDSU doesn't have playmakers. We had the most talent on the field last season than any of our teams IMO. Coach Bohl deserved the Coach of the Year honor because of what he has done and did with this team. Any coach that convinces recruits to come the NDSU even though they arent eligible for the playoffs is worthy of that honor and more. He sealed the deal when he coached the BISON to a 10-1 record.

james_lawfirm
December 29th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Not saying that Jerry Moore isn't a good coach (he is a very good coach) but as far as coaching goes don't you think the better choice for the award would have been Craig Bohl or Jason Simpson? In my opinion you have to give Edwards and Richardson a lot of the credit for the national championship repeat this year. They absolutely played their hearts out all season, especially in the playoffs. I don't think NDSU or Ut Martin has playmakers quite like these guys.

Oh, come on. Surely you don't think that Edwards & Richardson would have been successful in the old-style, smash-mouth football ASU used to play (& that Coach Moore used to run.) Recognize that on GoASU.com 80% or so of those polled felt like it was the OL that deserved credit for the season!!! Not Edwards & not Richardson.

You have the cart before the horse. Give credit to Coach Moore for building a new offensive scheme around his players (esp. Richie Williams). Edwards just fit the scheme. And fits it well too. Edwards & Richardson truly had a great year, but it was due to the overall systems put in place and overseen by Coach Moore.

But Coach Moore was the one who risked everything by switching to this spread offense. The first time I saw it (with Richie) I thought "What were they thinking/smokin' when they drempt this up?" If it had not worked, everyone would have called for his head on a platter.

Coach Moore rightfully won the Robinson award.

As further proof, who do you think will be the team to beat next year in the FCS? 'Nuff said.

RabidRabbit
December 29th, 2006, 02:50 PM
As further proof, who do you think will be the team to beat next year in the FCS? 'Nuff said.

NDSU Bison. :thumbsup:

:bow: I hope that App St and NDSU can work out a game between the ONLY FCS UNDEFEATED'S OF '06 :bow:

AZGrizFan
December 29th, 2006, 02:54 PM

:bow: I hope that App St and NDSU can work out a game between the ONLY FCS UNDEFEATED'S OF '06 :bow:

Oh, sure, you playoff-dodgin' chickens..... xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

bison95
December 29th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Oh, sure, you playoff-dodgin' chickens..... xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

you no contract return game playin.....

AZGrizFan
December 29th, 2006, 02:58 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

you no contract return game playin.....

Hey. You're a bison fan. Let the rabbit pick his own fights. :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :cool: :cool: :cool: :o

bison95
December 29th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Hey. You're a bison fan. Let the rabbit pick his own fights. :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :cool: :cool: :cool: :o

There bunnies, and unless they are guarding a cave, they need all the help they can get.

plus it is a mutual fight between the xdsu's and the montana schools

RabidRabbit
December 29th, 2006, 03:04 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bison got bought out by your Butt(e) buddies! :read: :read: So they, too, have a :nonono2: :nonono2: to say about Big Sky dodgers.

But we digress, this is about Bohl or Simpson for Robinson. Besides we like Griz/Bobcats :nod: :nod: - Especially in Eastern Dakotas! Once? As contracted? :smiley_wi

NDSUFREAK
December 29th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Still waiting for a montana school to come to the FFD......

Saint3333
December 29th, 2006, 03:20 PM

The hardest thing in sports is repeating. ASU lost the best offensive and defensive players on the team, had to remain focused (one game at a time), and had a huge bullseye on them. Moore and his staff prepared those kids so well and ran the program like a business one week at a time. Plus he made one decision that puts him over the top. ASU had a preseason All-SoCon, Mr. Football from South Carolina, Jr., well-respected QB and decided to switch to an unproven, TRUE freshman, 18 year-old, 165 lbs. QB. This had to be one of the hardest decisions in his coaching career and without that decision, well the rest is history...

After the career Moore has had he deserves at least one of those.

spelunker64
December 29th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I don't think that you can say that NDSU doesn't have playmakers. We had the most talent on the field last season than any of our teams IMO. Coach Bohl deserved the Coach of the Year honor because of what he has done and did with this team. Any coach that convinces recruits to come the NDSU even though they arent eligible for the playoffs is worthy of that honor and more. He sealed the deal when he coached the BISON to a 10-1 record.

That says a lot IMHO

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 29th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Moore was definitly deserving last year, but this year you can't overlook all the yards the famous ASU duo got this year. ASU also has a lot of good players on D too...possibly three (at least two) players who are NFL potential. When it comes to player talent, I think ASU has the advantage.

I'm not so sure it has as much to do with the O-line. A lot of the holes that were opened this year has to do with all the fake handoffs and the linebackers not knowing if it's going to be Edwards or Richardson who is going to run the ball. It reminds me of the O Paul Johnson ran at GSU, except it wasn't no huddle or ran from the shotgun formation.

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2006, 05:01 PM
That says a lot IMHO

i agree

mistersykes
December 29th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Well since Bohl got more first place votes than Moore, obviously not everyone thought that Moore was the best coach out there. I'm not going to pretend that I know what it takes to coach and all that stuff. I think that both were very deserving and if Bohl had gotten it, nobody would have rightfully been able to complain about it.

james_lawfirm
December 29th, 2006, 06:26 PM

I could not agree more. Have your AD call ours. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

james_lawfirm
December 29th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Moore was definitly deserving last year, but this year you can't overlook all the yards the famous ASU duo got this year. ASU also has a lot of good players on D too...possibly three (at least two) players who are NFL potential. When it comes to player talent, I think ASU has the advantage.

I'm not so sure it has as much to do with the O-line. A lot of the holes that were opened this year has to do with all the fake handoffs and the linebackers not knowing if it's going to be Edwards or Richardson who is going to run the ball. It reminds me of the O Paul Johnson ran at GSU, except it wasn't no huddle or ran from the shotgun formation.

Not much to do with the O-line? Did you see some of the holes they cleared out in the UMass game? I could have sashayed through there wearin' wing-tips and sippin' a cold one!! :eek: :eek: :eek: