PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Chattanooga Mocs: championship-caliber

Pages : [1] 2

chattownmocs
August 31st, 2016, 01:18 AM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/columns/story/2016/aug/31/wiedmer-mocs-show-how-build-championship-cali/384247/

chattownmocs
August 31st, 2016, 01:22 AM
Weidmer: Mocs and Vols will both win national titles in 2016

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/columns/story/2016/aug/30/wiedmer-mocs-and-vols-both-cwnational-titles/383844/

dgtw
August 31st, 2016, 04:49 AM

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/columns/story/2016/aug/30/wiedmer-mocs-and-vols-both-cwnational-titles/383844/

The author actually said "can win" not "will win".

But I don't see either happening. Although I think Chattanooga has a better chance than the mother ship of winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toby
August 31st, 2016, 07:20 AM

Kinda cool that we beat the 2016 National Champions last year with only 40 something scholarships.

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2016, 08:01 AM
This thread LOL

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2016, 09:05 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Until then, I now believe that chattownmocs is Mark Wiedmer.

chattownmocs
August 31st, 2016, 09:10 AM
Kinda cool that we beat the 2016 National Champions last year with only 40 something scholarships.

Well I don't know how many scholarships that you have but it shows. 3-11 in the conferencE isn't good. Upsets happen. That's why they are upsets. Vastly inferior team shocks the superior team. It doesn't mean you are good. Over 14 games you are 10 games behind in the standings.

Bison56
August 31st, 2016, 09:10 AM
I predict a HOF thread.

The Yo Show
August 31st, 2016, 09:14 AM
Will this one go down as epic as the 2013 thread?

Catamount87
August 31st, 2016, 09:46 AM
The super high proof moonshine is flowing at the Times Free Press.

melloware13
August 31st, 2016, 10:02 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Until then, I now believe that chattownmocs is Mark Wiedmer.

Biggest information in the thread.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 31st, 2016, 10:33 AM
Is this the delusional poster thread?

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2016, 10:36 AM
Is this the delusional poster thread?
You're here aren't you? :D

walliver
August 31st, 2016, 11:18 AM
After reading both of the fairly useless articles, it appears that the secret to success in FCS is:
1) Eat more pizza
2) Let the players pick out their pants
3) Stay in hotel rooms prior to playing home games against D2 teams.

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2016, 11:38 AM
After reading both of the fairly useless articles, it appears that the secret to success in FCS is:
1) Eat more pizza
2) Let the players pick out their pants
3) Stay in hotel rooms prior to playing home games against D2 teams.xthumbsupx

FUBeAR
August 31st, 2016, 12:44 PM
Vastly inferior team shocks the superior team

If this is your analysis of what you saw in the Mercer vs. Chattanooga contests in 2014, a game in which the Mocks squeaked by the Bears by mere fingertips (y'know I have the photo to prove it) and when Mercer took the Mocs down in 2015 - a game which included a 4-play goal-line stand by Mercer's D against UTC's "All-American OL" & Mercer's OL blowing that "Incomparable" Mocs D off the ball to pick up the game-clinching 1st down, then, Chattttttttt, you need your eyes checked, your brain examined, AND probably a really good lye-based enema - cuz you're so backed up, your shiite is just a-spewin' out your sub sandwich hole.

dixiechs
August 31st, 2016, 04:41 PM
This thread LOL

i know, right?! i thought only MSNBC and CNN gave me that kind of total delusional entertainment...
Chattanooga, enjoy that preseason ranking..i dont think its going to last
xdrunkyx

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 31st, 2016, 05:56 PM
You're here aren't you? :D
That's why I asked........

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2016, 06:15 PM
i know, right?! i thought only MSNBC and CNN gave me that kind of total delusional entertainment...
Chattanooga, enjoy that preseason ranking..i dont think its going to last
xdrunkyx
I can't wait to see UTC in the playoffs again. If we have them again this year UTC vs. JSU will probably turn into one of the best rivalries in the FCS. In the years I've been here the games have only gotten better and more heated. Plus, we already have them on contract to come down to Burgess in 2017 and 2018.

Toby
August 31st, 2016, 06:35 PM
Well I don't know how many scholarships that you have but it shows. 3-11 in the conferencE isn't good. Upsets happen. That's why they are upsets. Vastly inferior team shocks the superior team. It doesn't mean you are good. Over 14 games you are 10 games behind in the standings.

All I know is that the loss costs UTC a home game against JSU in the playoffs. Going into the game UTC was ranked #3 in the FCS. So there is that.

pike51
August 31st, 2016, 09:15 PM
What's it called when someone does the same thing over and over expecting a different result?

JSUSoutherner
August 31st, 2016, 09:22 PM
What's it called when someone does the same thing over and over expecting a different result?
Insanity

Albert Einstein

dgtw
August 31st, 2016, 09:26 PM
All I know is that the loss costs UTC a home game against JSU in the playoffs. Going into the game UTC was ranked #3 in the FCS. So there is that.

I doubt it. Jax State beat UTC in Chattanooga last year so I doubt they'd have been hosting a team they lost to. It might have cost them a seed and would have avoided the Gamecocks until later in the playoffs.

Bisonator
August 31st, 2016, 09:46 PM
Meth use must be up in Tennessee.xlolx

Southern Bison
August 31st, 2016, 10:25 PM
I've invited ****townmocs to multiple games over the past 3 years as well have others to their schools.
We'd provide the ticket and all he had to do was show up.

The lil' douche doesn't have the balls to leave his keyboard.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2016, 11:07 PM
Mods, can we merge this with the 2013 thread?

Smitty
September 1st, 2016, 06:36 AM

Nah it is about time for another 300 page thread...

Professor Chaos
September 1st, 2016, 07:34 AM
Or with this one from 2014 (not started by chattownmocs): Official 2014 Chattanooga, Who is laughing now? Thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?151695-Official-2014-Chattanooga-Who-is-laughing-now-Thread)

Or with this one from 2014 (started by chattownmocs): 2014 Chattanooga Football (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?156643-2014-Chattanooga-Football)

Or this one from earlier in the year in 2014: We're back baby, #2 in the nation again! (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?154970-We-re-back-baby-2-in-the-nation-again!)

Or with this one from last year: 2015 Chattanooga Football: National Championship or bust (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?170409-2015-Chattanooga-Football-National-Championship-or-bust)

There's so much good stuff just in the titles of threads started by him... and hours of hilarity within: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/search.php?searchid=1550020&pp=

POD Knows
September 1st, 2016, 08:21 AM
I've invited ****townmocs to multiple games over the past 3 years as well have others to their schools.
We'd provide the ticket and all he had to do was show up.

The lil' douche doesn't have the balls to leave his keyboard.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23437&stc=1

Southern Bison
September 1st, 2016, 09:13 AM
Hell no! It will dilute the idiocy that is Chattownmocs for future generations to study.

Bison56
September 1st, 2016, 10:31 AM
I bet he has never even been to a game.

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2016, 10:48 AM
Where is he? I haven't seen him in a couple days. I'm entertainment deprived.

Bisonoline
September 1st, 2016, 02:10 PM
Where is he? I haven't seen him in a couple days. I'm entertainment deprived.

He does supply great entertainment. I do enjoy the virtual hate he displays to his betters.which are many.
The boy does have a bolt loose.:D

chattownmocs
September 2nd, 2016, 08:27 AM
The ultimate cupcake was served in the Mocs opening tune-up, but the Mocs premier talent was nevertheless on full display.

http://www.gomocs.com/news/2016/9/1/football-no-6-chattanooga-runs-away-with-66-0-win-in-season-opener.aspx

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2016, 08:31 AM
The ultimate cupcake was served in the Mocs opening tune-up, but the Mocs premier talent was nevertheless on full display.

http://www.gomocs.com/news/2016/9/1/football-no-6-chattanooga-runs-away-with-66-0-win-in-season-opener.aspx

Yea, I better move them to the top of my poll.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2016, 08:38 AM
After the Vols showing last night, the Mocs are probably the top FB team in Tennessee. xcoffeex

chattownmocs
September 2nd, 2016, 08:40 AM
After the Vols showing last night, the Mocs are probably the top FB team in Tennessee. xcoffeex

After NDSUs showing they are probably the best team in FCS.

Thumper 76
September 2nd, 2016, 08:48 AM

Oh yeah sure proved that against Shorter. Meanwhile the rest of the FCS played an actual football team, not the circus.

Bison56
September 2nd, 2016, 08:56 AM

http://i.bittwiddlers.org/K7G.gif

chattownmocs
September 2nd, 2016, 08:56 AM
Nobody has proven anything this year. That's not my point at all. I'm just telling you what I see. You are looking at shorter. I'm looking at utc. I already knew who we had before this game. This game didn't show me anything. I know our defense is top 5 in the country. I know our oline is one of the best in the country. I know we have skill weapons that haven't been utilized because of our style of qb as good as he was. But most of all, I see a qb that should strike fear into every DC on our schedule and by playoff time might have developed into the best in the nation.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2016, 08:57 AM
http://i.bittwiddlers.org/K7G.gif

He is serious, book it.

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2016, 09:17 AM
I really think it's a user who is on here with 2 different user names and under Chattown he just posts this **** to get a rise out of folks.

Bison56
September 2nd, 2016, 09:26 AM
Nobody has proven anything this year. That's not my point at all. I'm just telling you what I see. You are looking at shorter. I'm looking at utc. I already knew who we had before this game. This game didn't show me anything. I know our defense is top 5 in the country. I know our oline is one of the best in the country. I know we have skill weapons that haven't been utilized because of our style of qb as good as he was. But most of all, I see a qb that should strike fear into every DC on our schedule and by playoff time might have developed into the best in the nation.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23455&stc=1

dgtw
September 2nd, 2016, 09:37 AM
Last year Shorter went 2-8. That does not count their 38-12 win over the University of Faith.

Thumper 76
September 2nd, 2016, 10:02 AM
Sneak peek inside a Shorter practice from earlier this week

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160902/5d3339a0de4ed0dd775c59ddc1c10d27.jpg

Mocs123
September 2nd, 2016, 10:21 AM
Didn't Shorter beat SEMO last year?

That being said they were not a good team. Mars Hill would have run them off the field.

We have a lot of potential this year but still some question marks. Beyond the obvious question over how Bennifield will look against a real defense (he is talented and "should" do very well), we have young corners who will have to improve over last year for us to contend in the playoffs or even make it to the playoffs. VMI and Samford can throw the ball around as well as anyone.

I think the rest of the SoCon has improved and none of the games other the ETSU are gimme games.

SU DOG
September 2nd, 2016, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure that this year's Mars Hill can run anyone off the field. Still looks like a really good UTC defense, but you are right in that Samford can throw the ball as good or better than most FCS teams. We also had a rout, but it is obvious that we definitely need to improve in several areas.

chattanoogamocs
September 2nd, 2016, 11:26 AM
I can't wait to see UTC in the playoffs again. If we have them again this year UTC vs. JSU will probably turn into one of the best rivalries in the FCS. In the years I've been here the games have only gotten better and more heated. Plus, we already have them on contract to come down to Burgess in 2017 and 2018.

2017 and 2019

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2016, 11:29 AM
2017 and 2019
Yes, my bad.

chattanoogamocs
September 2nd, 2016, 11:32 AM
Sneak peek inside a Shorter practice from earlier this week

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160902/5d3339a0de4ed0dd775c59ddc1c10d27.jpg

That is pretty close to how tall their line was

chattanoogamocs
September 2nd, 2016, 11:38 AM
It was unfortunate that the Shorter game was even played, we can thank Austin Peay for that one (though I give the Shorter fans credit, there were more of them than a number of SoCon teams would bring).

It was ugly. Shorter completed one pass for 2 yards and had 14 total yards of rushing on 30 attempts. They never made it to the 40 yard line the entire game.

PaladinFan
September 2nd, 2016, 11:57 AM
It was unfortunate that the Shorter game was even played, we can thank Austin Peay for that one (though I give the Shorter fans credit, there were more of them than a number of SoCon teams would bring).

It was ugly. Shorter completed one pass for 2 yards and had 14 total yards of rushing on 30 attempts. They never made it to the 40 yard line the entire game.

Don't know how many Shorter fans exist, but it's pretty daggum close to Chattanooga. What, like an hour?

ysubigred
September 2nd, 2016, 12:26 PM

Nucking Fut's!!xeyebrowx

Mocs123
September 2nd, 2016, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure that this year's Mars Hill can run anyone off the field. Still looks like a really good UTC defense, but you are right in that Samford can throw the ball as good or better than most FCS teams. We also had a rout, but it is obvious that we definitely need to improve in several areas.

The WR they had last year was really good- but he may have graduated or be at another school this year. He gave our inexperienced CB's fits.

If you got some areas for improvement then the game did its job. I am sure our coaches can gleam something from the film but I couldn't tell much from our game, and I am not nieve enough to think that we don't have areas that need to be improved on.

Now go get the SoCon the scalp of UCA next week.

I enjoy the UTC-JSU rivalry and am already looking forward to next year. Hopefully our AD's will continue the series after 2019.

chattanoogamocs
September 2nd, 2016, 01:48 PM
Don't know how many Shorter fans exist, but it's pretty daggum close to Chattanooga. What, like an hour?

Yeah, Rome is 90 miles away.

I just was surprised, considering what a guaranteed whipping they were going to take, that that many would make the trip.

Of course, plenty of UTC fans will head down the road to Tuscaloosa this fall, so I guess it is all relative.

EDIT: it is 72 miles, but take about 90 minutes (not miles) to drive.

UNIFanSince1983
September 2nd, 2016, 02:03 PM

The real question is would Austin Peay really have been a better test? They are really really bad...

chattanoogamocs
September 2nd, 2016, 02:11 PM
The real question is would Austin Peay really have been a better test? They are really really bad...

At least Austin Peay can score a touchdown once you put your 3rd string and walk-ons in the game....Shorter couldn't even get it to midfield. ;)

chattanoogamocs
September 2nd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Honestly though, I am glad it got canceled. The new head coach is from the Mocs staff (Will Healy) and the last thing you would want to do is humiliate someone that worked hard for many years on behalf of your program (it should be noted, the game was canceled under a previous coach and AD, not Healy).

2017 and 2018 OOC schedules for UTC will be all OVC affairs (minus payday game), with a rotation of JSU, UT Martin and Tenn Tech.

09/02 at Jacksonville State
09/09 at LSU
09/16 UT Martin

09/01 Tennessee Tech
09/15 at UT Martin
11/17 at Kentucky

08/31 at Jacksonville State
09/14 at Tennessee

09/05 at Western Kentucky

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2016, 02:24 PM
The WR they had last year was really good- but he may have graduated or be at another school this year. He gave our inexperienced CB's fits.

If you got some areas for improvement then the game did its job. I am sure our coaches can gleam something from the film but I couldn't tell much from our game, and I am not nieve enough to think that we don't have areas that need to be improved on.

Now go get the SoCon the scalp of UCA next week.

I enjoy the UTC-JSU rivalry and am already looking forward to next year. Hopefully our AD's will continue the series after 2019.
Yes, please. Make it a yearly home and home series.

UNIFanSince1983
September 2nd, 2016, 02:25 PM
Honestly though, I am glad it got canceled. The new head coach is from the Mocs staff (Will Healy) and the last thing you would want to do is humiliate someone that worked hard for many years on behalf of your program (it should be noted, the game was canceled under a previous coach and AD, not Healy).

2017 and 2018 OOC schedules for UTC will be all OVC affairs (minus payday game), with a rotation of JSU, UT Martin and Tenn Tech.

09/02 at Jacksonville State
09/09 at LSU
09/16 UT Martin

09/01 Tennessee Tech
09/15 at UT Martin
11/17 at Kentucky

08/31 at Jacksonville State
09/14 at Tennessee

09/05 at Western Kentucky

Who will Moc fans cheer for in 2019? ;) I kid I kid we have the same issue when playing Iowa.

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2016, 02:32 PM
Who will Moc fans cheer for in 2019? ;) I kid I kid we have the same issue when playing Iowa.
App State. :D

Milktruck74
September 2nd, 2016, 02:56 PM

This is not an issue... the True Moc Fan will cheer for the Mocs!!!! As I watched App State and UT-Knoxville play last night, I was trying to figure out a way they could BOTH lose!!!!

UNIFanSince1983
September 2nd, 2016, 03:28 PM
This is not an issue... the True Moc Fan will cheer for the Mocs!!!! As I watched App State and UT-Knoxville play last night, I was trying to figure out a way they could BOTH lose!!!!

I was watching it too. Both teams looked like they wanted to lose. UTK had no offense whatsoever. And App State started to play so passive in the 2nd half or at least their run the clock down offense wasn't working as good due to the lack of depth they had compared to the Vols.

Rough night for the Lamb's as both had their games won only to give it up late.

chattanoogamocs
September 2nd, 2016, 04:11 PM
Honestly, now that the Mocs are good, pretty much the only people you see are Mocs fans at games, almost no orange (I saw handful last night), no "split allegiance". Granted, there are still about 50,000 UTK fans in Chattanooga.

UT-Knoxville and Appalachian State...a showdown of previous SoCon members.

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2016, 04:53 PM
Honestly, now that the Mocs are good, pretty much the only people you see are Mocs fans at games, almost no orange (I saw handful last night), no "split allegiance". Granted, there are still about 50,000 UTK fans in Chattanooga.

UT-Knoxville and Appalachian State...a showdown of previous SoCon members.
I'm surprised that in a built up area like Chattanooga UTC can't get more at the games. Especially the conference games. The Moc's play some pretty good football and more people should be coming out.

dgtw
September 2nd, 2016, 05:59 PM
I'm surprised that in a built up area like Chattanooga UTC can't get more at the games. Especially the conference games. The Moc's play some pretty good football and more people should be coming out.

Kind of surprises me as well.

On a side note, I had skybox tickets for our game last night. When I was getting on the elevator after the game, I saw a guy wearing a Bama hat and a Bama polo shirt. Really, dude? I'm not one that usually gets up in arms about that, but that just bothered me. I mean, the guy had to be invited by someone who gives a bunch of bucks to Jax State (at least that's how I got in) and he is going to wear another school's colors to the game?

dgtw
September 2nd, 2016, 06:03 PM
Yeah, Rome is 90 miles away.

I just was surprised, considering what a guaranteed whipping they were going to take, that that many would make the trip.

Of course, plenty of UTC fans will head down the road to Tuscaloosa this fall, so I guess it is all relative.

EDIT: it is 72 miles, but take about 90 minutes (not miles) to drive.

And it is a pretty small school with a fairly new football program.

chattanoogamocs
September 2nd, 2016, 08:33 PM
I will give Shorter this...they had more DI wins than ETSU did last year. :)

VictoryViking
September 2nd, 2016, 08:54 PM
The Mocs looked good winning against number 97 ranked Division 2 opponent Shorter College in their season opener. 66-0. They have to watch out for Furman, Wofford, Samford and Western Carolina this year.

chattownmocs
September 11th, 2016, 01:59 AM
http://gomocs.com/watch/?Archive=3020

It wasnot the cleanest performance I've ever seen, but boy was it dominant. It would be hard to put together a more complete FCS team in the southeast.

Mocs123
September 11th, 2016, 08:50 AM
We will get a good test next week against a much improved Furman team, and one that has a great defense. The next week we get to face and explosive Samford offense. No off weeks in the SoCon this year.

TNshadetree
September 13th, 2016, 07:41 PM
I heard the coaches were worried about injuries during the Shorter game because so many of their players ended up off their feet during plays.

CID1990
September 13th, 2016, 09:08 PM
http://gomocs.com/watch/?Archive=3020

It wasnot the cleanest performance I've ever seen, but boy was it dominant. It would be hard to put together a more complete FCS team in the southeast.

At least until the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs

Or until UTC whiffs against a SoCon team or two

chattownmocs
September 13th, 2016, 11:10 PM
At least until the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs

Or until UTC whiffs against a SoCon team or two

Hey whatever delusion you need to get some sleep and night and retain some hope.

JSUSoutherner
September 13th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Hey whatever delusion you need to get some sleep and night and retain some hope.

Sad part is it's not a delusion. xdrunkyx

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CVfqDRvVEAAVtbB.mp4

Thumper 76
September 13th, 2016, 11:29 PM
It would be hard to put together a more complete FCS team in the southeast.

Oh man and now he's backing off and qualifying it to just the southeast? What's next? Just the conference? Then Tennessee? I expected more out of you xsmhx

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2016, 05:34 AM
Oh man and now he's backing off and qualifying it to just the southeast? What's next? Just the conference? Then Tennessee? I expected more out of you xsmhx

No I truly believe this is the best team in country. Is it the best team ever? Doubtful. Just about every kid we have has been scouted and passed over by bigger programs. I truly believe that North Dakota state was getting players a fee years ago that not the FBS programs didn't have a clue about.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2016, 05:37 AM
Sad part is it's not a delusion. xdrunkyx

It's complete delusion. Chattanooga hasn't lost in the first round. They did lose in the 2nd round last year to number 1. Considering we may be the most improved teat in the country I won't fret about it. We will run through citadel and Jacksonville state if they make it there.

Southern Bison
September 14th, 2016, 06:12 AM
It's complete delusion. Chattanooga hasn't lost in the first round. They did lose in the 2nd round last year to number 1. Considering we may be the most improved teat in the country I won't fret about it. We will run through citadel and Jacksonville state if they make it there.
I want to be the first AGS member to congratulate UTC on being the most improved nipple in the country...

Chattown, stop posting when your Mama nurses you.

CID1990
September 14th, 2016, 06:42 AM

You mean it didn't happen last year or every year before that?

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2016, 07:42 AM
It's complete delusion. Chattanooga hasn't lost in the first round. They did lose in the 2nd round last year to number 1. Considering we may be the most improved teatime in the country I won't fret about it. We will run through citadel and Jacksonville state if they make it there.
False, Arkansas Stats whipped you in the first round in 1984.

Key word, "if".

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2016, 09:13 AM
False, Arkansas Stats whipped you in the first round in 1984.

Key word, "if".

Yeah, if jacksonville state makes the playoffs.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2016, 09:14 AM
You mean it didn't happen last year or every year before that?

Apparently it happened in 1984. Never any other year. Stfu

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2016, 09:42 AM

Because outside of the past two years and 1984 UTC has never made the playoffs.

Kind of hard to rack up pre-quarterfinals exits when you've only been in the playoffs three times in the past 40 years.

UNIFanSince1983
September 14th, 2016, 10:05 AM

Kind of hard to rack up pre-quarterfinals exits when you've only been in the playoffs three times in the past 40 years.

http://blogs.esouthernoregon.com/pocket-protector/files/2016/04/Breaking-News-You-Just-Got-Burned-Funny-Burn-Meme-Image.jpg

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2016, 10:06 AM

His post was idiotic and inaccurate. Dude you are a little pos. You don't respond when I post something about your band mate who died but you are running around looking for stuff to troll 247. Go on.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2016, 10:09 AM
https://youtu.be/NDuFTrg9Be0

This QB and this defense. Wow. All the ingredients of a championship team are there. Furman cannot compete. Talk about a softball for me....furman...you think furman can move the ball on this defense? At least presbyterian has a RB. Furman has no weapons. This is gonna be a fun year. Just keep talking it adds to my delight

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Chattanooga has more experience with a National Title game since they hosted it for so long. The rest of us just don't understand the Title Game like them.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2016, 10:24 AM
His post was idiotic and inaccurate. Dude you are a little pos. You don't respond when I post something about your band mate who died but you are running around looking for stuff to troll 247. Go on.
How ****ing dare you bring her into your little troll parade.

Have some respect, not for me but for her.

I can't believe you right now. I'm disgusted.

VictoryViking
September 14th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Chattanooga has more experience with a National Title game since they hosted it for so long. The rest of us just don't understand the Title Game like them.

Yeah.....What he said....and I dont even like the bison!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23533&stc=1

Bison56
September 14th, 2016, 10:45 AM

This QB and this defense. Wow. All the ingredients of a championship team are there. Furman cannot compete. Talk about a softball for me....furman...you think furman can move the ball on this defense? At least presbyterian has a RB. Furman has no weapons. This is gonna be a fun year. Just keep talking it adds to my delight

From 2013 chattownmocs "LOL, these chumps think I am talking about default SOCON titles. I'm talking about 8-0 in the SOCON and National championship."

Same thing every year from the chatty clown.

Thumper 76
September 14th, 2016, 11:18 AM

Yup. Crazy impressive. Shorter and the blue hose. What a showing against true powerhouses of the football world. Every defense across the country will wear yellow pants so you can't tell they have wet their pants in warm ups in terror of the juggernaut they are about to face. Basically a NFL roster in chatty uniforms.

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2016, 11:59 AM
https://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/5238989+_c6165bd791ce9ae9bfd758e86ae36c91.jpg

CID1990
September 14th, 2016, 12:24 PM

You didnt **** the bed against Mercer and then didnt lose in the playoffs last year?

1984 was the only year Chatty lost to a SoCon team?

I know the screen on your mom's ipad is small, and reception from her basement aint that good, but cmon dude

Mayville Bison
September 14th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Yup. Crazy impressive. Shorter and the blue hose. What a showing against true powerhouses of the football world. Every defense across the country will wear yellow pants so you can't tell they have wet their pants in warm ups in terror of the juggernaut they are about to face. Basically a NFL roster in chatty uniforms.

Gotta agree with this. There wasn't a single pass with a defender anywhere near the receiver. Obviously, they scurred

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Gotta agree with this. There wasn't a single pass with a defender anywhere near the receiver. Obviously, they scurred

I'd like to think that will not be the case on Saturday.

There's a lot that bugs me about the current state of Furman football. Our pass coverage isn't one of those things.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2016, 08:16 PM
How ****ing dare you bring her into your little troll parade.

Have some respect, not for me but for her.

I can't believe you right now. I'm disgusted.

What? I said rest in peace to a girl that grew a town over from me and was in a the band with you, and you just kept on rambling about how jsu was gonna beat lsu. So get the hell off my thread.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2016, 09:19 PM
What? I said rest in peace to a girl that grew a town over from me and was in a the band with you, and you just kept on rambling about how jsu was gonna beat lsu. So get the hell off my thread.
I never saw your post. But thanks for the condolences.

Reguardless, here is not the place to bring her up and I'd appreciate if you would drop the subject.

JSUSoutherner
September 14th, 2016, 09:40 PM
https://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/5238989+_c6165bd791ce9ae9bfd758e86ae36c91.jpg

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23539&stc=1

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2016, 08:55 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23539&stc=1
A Cock Gladiator???

This does seem like an appropriate thread for that.

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2016, 09:12 AM
I never saw your post. But thanks for the condolences.

Reguardless, here is not the place to bring her up and I'd appreciate if you would drop the subject.

I'd appreciate it if you'd go away. You are little kid, you don't tell me what the place is. There is nothing innapropiate or out of place about saying rest in peace to someone who lost there life. She was a great young woman by accounts and there is nothing wrong with taking and step back a acknowledging it. If the fact that that was the one post of mine that you didn't respond to was a coincidence than so be it but you will not tty to turn it around on me.

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2016, 09:19 AM
I'd appreciate it if you'd go away. You are little kid, you don't tell me what the place is. There is nothing innapropiate or out of place about saying rest in peace to someone who lost there life. She was a great young woman by accounts and there is nothing wrong with taking and step back a acknowledging it. If the fact that that was the one post of mine that you didn't respond to was a coincidence than so be it but you will not tty to turn it around on me.
I'm done talking about this here. Like I said, here is not the place.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2016, 10:00 AM

Don't you have spell check or grammar check on your Commodore 64.

Sorry, it was my turn to be the grammar and spelling Nazi. :D

thebootfitter
September 16th, 2016, 10:10 PM
I want to be the first AGS member to congratulate UTC on being the most improved nipple in the country...

Chattown, stop posting when your Mama nurses you.

Ha! That was the first thing that caught my eye too.

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2016, 01:37 AM

I would say using someone who passed who he most likely knew on a personal level to try to talk **** to him is pretty ****ing inappropriate.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 08:12 PM
I would say using someone who passed who he most likely knew on a personal level to try to talk **** to him is pretty ****ing inappropriate.

He don't know her any better than I did and certainly wasn't talking **** when said RIP to her. He chose to ignore that one post and troll every other post. He is a little bitch. And you are a bitch too, in general, and for this.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 08:14 PM
He don't know her any better than I did and certainly wasn't talking **** when said RIP to her. He chose to ignore that one post and troll every other post. He is a little bitch. And you are a bitch too, in general, and for this.

Do you actually believe anything you post related to football?

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 08:14 PM
http://gomocs.com/news/2016/9/17/football-furman-postgame-notes.aspx

Despite losing their focus and the season long shutout in the 4th quarter, the Mocs showed that even the most basic and conservative game plans can be used to beat a team like furman on the road.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 08:17 PM
http://www.gomocs.com/index.aspx?mobile=skip

Despite losing their focus and the season long shutout in the 4th quarter, the Mocs showed that even the most basic and conservative game plans can be used to beat a team like furman on the road.

Presbyterian and Shorter. Presbyterian and Shorter...

Have your AD call SDSU, UNI, NDSU from the MVFC and/or EWU, Montana from the BSC and do a H/H. IF you buy into the bull**** you sell, petition them to do it. I would really like to see that "southern speed" be shown up and then have you still try and bitch about how Chatty is better than everyone else.

Drblankstare
September 18th, 2016, 08:27 PM
I seriously don't feel like chattownmcos is fully appreciated here. This site used to be populated with all sorts of full blown morons. He might be one of the last of his species.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Presbyterian and Shorter. Presbyterian and Shorter...

Have your AD call SDSU, UNI, NDSU from the MVFC and/or EWU, Montana from the BSC and do a H/H. IF you buy into the bull**** you sell, petition them to do it. I would really like to see that "southern speed" be shown up and then have you still try and bitch about how Chatty is better than everyone else.

We've already played a mvfc team good enough to make the playoffs and murdered them. You think I'm scared of any of those progams? You are delusional?

No_Skill
September 18th, 2016, 08:56 PM
We've already played a mvfc team good enough to make the playoffs and murdered them. You think I'm scared of any of those progams? You are delusional?

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/49381110.jpg

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 08:57 PM

If you mean 2014 ISUb then lol. The one "good" season they have had in pretty much ever. I guess every team has their own Lakes.

Bison56
September 18th, 2016, 09:01 PM

Houndawg
September 19th, 2016, 05:07 AM

Overrated.

Houndawg
September 19th, 2016, 05:37 AM

A fluke upset. Chat would be a perennial 1-7 team in the MVC.

chattownmocs
September 22nd, 2016, 07:21 AM
https://youtu.be/tpvtcbYN6xI

Not a very impressive performance in week 3. No need to peak in week 3 against furman. The ingredients are there.

dewey
September 22nd, 2016, 08:37 AM
https://youtu.be/tpvtcbYN6xI

Not a very impressive performance in week 3. No need to peak in week 3 against furman. The ingredients are there.

The ingredients for what? Another loss to Jacksonville State in the early rounds of the playoffs?

Dewey

bobcathpdevil56
September 22nd, 2016, 09:55 AM
Does UTC even have a stadium???

Milktruck74
September 22nd, 2016, 11:13 AM
yep, with about 3500 more seats than Bobcat (albeit empty, since there is much more to do in Chattanooga than Bozeman).

JSUSoutherner
September 22nd, 2016, 11:18 AM
yep, with about 3500 more seats than Bobcat (albeit empty, since there is much more to do in Chattanooga than Bozeman).
Funny how MSU has 3,500 less seats than Chatty but averages 9,000 more in attendance. :D

bobcathpdevil56
September 22nd, 2016, 11:38 AM

I was just kidding. Referencing the Top 30 FCS Stadium thread and trying troll Chattown a bit

Milktruck74
September 22nd, 2016, 01:21 PM
I was just kidding. Referencing the Top 30 FCS Stadium thread and trying troll Chattown a bit

Please don't encourage that type of behavior from the children....notice how I refrained from responding the the post above yours. ha.

JSUSoutherner
September 22nd, 2016, 01:37 PM
Please don't encourage that type of behavior from the children....notice how I refrained from responding the the post above yours. ha.
Oh I'm just posting for the same reason he is.

The rest of you are pretty cool. xthumbsupx

Milktruck74
September 22nd, 2016, 02:23 PM
Oh I'm just posting for the same reason he is.

The rest of you are pretty cool. xthumbsupx You have mellowed a bit, but when you came on board with the 720 post in a 6 day stretch in the off season, I was thinking you were going to be the Chicken version of CTM (it's like Beetlejuice, you don't even say his name)!!!

Mocs123
September 22nd, 2016, 03:18 PM
We are a good team in a decent conference. We may very well be national championship worthy, we will see as the season plays out, one game at a time. I am more concerned with the tough test we have with Samford coming to town this weekend.

The great thing about FCS is that (outside the ivy) everyone has a shot at the national championship; just keep on winning and it's yours.

As much as I hate to say it until someone dethrones NDSU, it feels like we are all playing for second place. The run they have had is truly amazing in both the FCS and money games. Just don't tell their fans as their heads are as big as the app fans used to be - (and I am sure ours would be if we won a nc much less 5 - heck we already have one fan there!)

Do I think we are championship caliber? If we play to our potential I think we could be, but time will tell if we have the takent, coaching, and luck to make a run.

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2016, 03:28 PM
We are a good team in a decent conference. We may very well be national championship worthy, we will see as the season plays out, one game at a time. I am more concerned with the tough test we have with Samford coming to town this weekend.

The great thing about FCS is that (outside the ivy) everyone has a shot at the national championship; just keep on winning and it's yours.

As much as I hate to say it until someone dethrones NDSU, it feels like we are all playing for second place. The run they have had is truly amazing in both the FCS and money games. Just don't tell their fans as their heads are as big as the app fans used to be - (and I am sure ours would be if we won a nc much less 5 - heck we already have one fan there!)

Do I think we are championship caliber? If we play to our potential I think we could be, but time will tell if we have the takent, coaching, and luck to make a run.

I often thought that App would seem a lot more mortal in the post-season if someone could get them off their daggum mountain.

Has NDSU played a single post season game on the road the last 5 years outside of the neutral site for the championship game? (Genuinely asking)

Southern Bison
September 22nd, 2016, 04:58 PM
I often thought that App would seem a lot more mortal in the post-season if someone could get them off their daggum mountain.

Has NDSU played a single post season game on the road the last 5 years outside of the neutral site for the championship game? (Genuinely asking)
No...all 15 at the Fargodome & 5 in South Fargo (Frisco).

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
September 22nd, 2016, 05:00 PM

Nope only playoff loss is @EWU too. Lucked out with Richmond beating ISU-R last year or we would have had to go there.

Southern Bison
September 22nd, 2016, 05:06 PM

Truthfully, it's the MVFC schedule that helps make us as strong as we are. It's a power-run conference with hosses in the trenches. The difference, IMO, has been in our LB/DBs & coaching that give us ability to successfully defend against a spread or option or another power run offense.

Also, our S&C coach has a system that simply works for redshirts to develop and for the team as a whole. Look back at the K-State game & our players handled the heat well while many Widcats were cramping & gassed in the 2nd half.

Thumper 76
September 22nd, 2016, 05:25 PM

You most likely feel like that among all the others who feel that way since you're not in the conference with them. I think most MVFC fans don't see them as unbeatable as a lot of fans do nationally. Maybe it's because we've all had game we have won or should have won against them, maybe it's because we see them every year. But I don't feel that way at all, and SDSU doesn't even look that good this year so far IMO. They haven't been lucky by any stretch but I've never seen a team win so many close games without having that bad bounce throw them off. Once that one time does happen, every team will come in with the belief that they can be beat, that's part of why MVFC teams and teams that have played them once play better against them than those that haven't IMHO. Once you play them you realize they are a team like any other that can be beat. But that first time you mentally have to overcome the aura of invincibility and the impressive crowd. Plus, it's the first game in a dome ever for most every team east of the MVFC, so that's a mental hurdle as well. Not that what I just listed is all of the reason for the run they've gone on, but it's a decent sized chunk at this point.

BisonTru
September 22nd, 2016, 05:39 PM
Don't pay any attention to the Bunnies fan, Mocs, we're unbeatable. xlolxxcoolx

Seriously tho, two non-MVFC teams have taken us to the wire. A couple long FGs and we're 1-2.

semobison
September 22nd, 2016, 05:51 PM
Don't pay any attention to the Bunnies fan, Mocs, we're unbeatable. xlolxxcoolx

Seriously tho, two non-MVFC teams have taken us to the wire. A couple long FGs and we're 1-2.

Yup, and three of our five losses since 2011 have been at home.

ST_Lawson
September 22nd, 2016, 06:36 PM
Yea, I don't want NDSU to head off to the FBS, I like having them in the conference. Are we likely to beat them most years at this point? Probably not, but two years ago we very nearly did, and we're looking pretty good again this year and we get them back at our place. The odds are still in their favor, but you aren't going to see the blowout that happened to us last year up at the dome.

NDSU isn't unbeatable...they're just very very good, and having them in the conference makes us all better. Well...all except Missouri State, I'm not really sure what they're doing.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
September 22nd, 2016, 07:51 PM
Yea, I don't want NDSU to head off to the FBS, I like having them in the conference. Are we likely to beat them most years at this point? Probably not, but two years ago we very nearly did, and we're looking pretty good again this year and we get them back at our place. The odds are still in their favor, but you aren't going to see the blowout that happened to us last year up at the dome.

NDSU isn't unbeatable...they're just very very good, and having them in the conference makes us all better. Well...all except Missouri State, I'm not really sure what they're doing.

It's called the long con...

ST_Lawson
September 22nd, 2016, 08:18 PM
It's called the long con...

Ahhhh...now it makes so much more sense. They're following the NDSU plan. Have a long string of mediocre to bad...mostly losing seasons, then 48 years later, start winning national championships. Missouri State, 2064 FCS (or whatever they're calling it by then) National Champions confirmed.

Or is it more like:

Step 1 - collect underwhelming seasons
Step 2 - ?
Step 3 - PROFIT!

Southern Bison
September 22nd, 2016, 11:00 PM
Ahhhh...now it makes so much more sense. They're following the NDSU plan. Have a long string of mediocre to bad...mostly losing seasons, then 48 years later, start winning national championships. Missouri State, 2064 FCS (or whatever they're calling it by then) National Champions confirmed.

Or is it more like:

Step 1 - collect underwhelming seasons
Step 2 - ?
Step 3 - PROFIT!
You may need to review the last 50 years of history...only 3 or 4 losing seasons along with 32 conference titles and 13 NCs, IIRC.

ST_Lawson
September 22nd, 2016, 11:12 PM
You may need to review the last 50 years of history...only 3 or 4 losing seasons along with 32 conference titles and 13 NCs, IIRC.

I was specifically looking at NDSU football in the range of 1939 to 1963. In that timeframe there were a total of 3 winning seasons for the Bison and 10 of those seasons were 0-win or 1-win seasons. In total, during that 24 year span, NDSU football went 49-141-7. Essentially a .258 record (not including the ties).

Source: NDSU Football Website, All-Time Results: http://stats.gobison.com/fb/HISTRESU.HTM

My point though, was that a "mere" 48 years later (2011), the Bison were winning FCS championships....ie, the "long game".

Kinda ruins the joke when I explain it though.

Southern Bison
September 22nd, 2016, 11:27 PM
I was specifically looking at NDSU football in the range of 1939 to 1963. In that timeframe there were a total of 3 winning seasons for the Bison and 10 of those seasons were 0-win or 1-win seasons. In total, during that 24 year span, NDSU football went 49-141-7. Essentially a .258 record (not including the ties).

Source: NDSU Football Website, All-Time Results: http://stats.gobison.com/fb/HISTRESU.HTM

My point though, was that a "mere" 48 years later (2011), the Bison were winning FCS championships....ie, the "long game".

Kinda ruins the joke when I explain it though.
Gotcha...I'm just a young whippersnapper that remembers 10 of those titles. :cool:

ST_Lawson
September 22nd, 2016, 11:48 PM
Gotcha...I'm just a young whippersnapper that remembers 10 of those titles. :cool:

No problem, just wanted to clarify that I wasn't ripping on the Bison at all, because obviously what they've done is incredibly impressive. Also, if you remember 10 titles, then you're probably about my age or slightly older. I've been alive for 10 of the Bison championships, although wasn't following college football until about '96...well after the last DII championship win.

On a side note, I didn't realize that Mudra coached for you guys too. I knew he coached for us for a while and for UNI later on, but it looks like he was the one who got the whole 50+ year streak of nearly all good seasons going, turning around the team that had all the previously mentioned struggles, going 3-5 his first year, then 10-1 his second, and 11-0 with a DII championship his third (and last).

Now, Missouri State...you've got 48 years to get your act together...I wanna see you winning a championship in 2063.
I'll be keeping my eye on you.
http://i.imgur.com/JAO9M.gif

bobcathpdevil56
September 23rd, 2016, 08:48 AM
Perfect!!! You guys are geniuses. What could possibly piss Chattown off more than hijacking his own thread and turning it into NDSU talk?

Nothing could be worse for him.

/thread

BisonBacker
September 23rd, 2016, 10:51 AM
There will never be another run like NDSU has had in the FCS IMHO. The gold standard has been set extremely high!!

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2016, 10:56 AM
I've heard the Bison are getting some of the younger guys reps during the bye week this week. That should help later in the conference season.

It'll be interesting to see if the O-line can keep up the stellar play now that Kuhnert is back. The running game is clicking on all cylinders right now, it's in a much better spot now than it was a year ago at this time.

BisonBacker
September 23rd, 2016, 11:16 AM
I've heard the Bison are getting some of the younger guys reps during the bye week this week. That should help later in the conference season.

It'll be interesting to see if the O-line can keep up the stellar play now that Kuhnert is back. The running game is clicking on all cylinders right now, it's in a much better spot now than it was a year ago at this time.

Best part is how in the last couple years the defense has just continually gotten better game to game. The problems with the secondary that we had in the first part of the year given past years continual seasonal performance improvements bodes well for our "D". I like our chances at the 6peat.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 11:18 AM
Best part is how in the last couple years the defense has just continually gotten better game to game. The problems with the secondary that we had in the first part of the year given past years continual seasonal performance improvements bodes well for our "D". I like our chances at the 6peat.
Who do you think the least likely candidates are to end the Bison run? :D

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2016, 11:25 AM
Who do you think the least likely candidates are to end the Bison run? :D

SDSU
Chatty
Missouri State
Alabama
Ohio State
UC Davis
Austin Peay
SHSU
Harvard
Yale

My top 10 in no particular order

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 11:27 AM
SDSU
Chatty
Missouri State
Alabama
Ohio State
UC Davis
Austin Peay
SHSU
Harvard
Yale

My top 10 in no particular order
I don't know, Austin Peay has looked pretty fearsome this year and OSU absolutely bent Oklahoma over last week.

thebootfitter
September 23rd, 2016, 11:42 AM
Where did chattown go? He's not even participating in his own thread.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2016, 11:49 AM
I don't know, Austin Peay has looked pretty fearsome this year and OSU absolutely bent Oklahoma over last week.

It was more cause OSU doesn't participate in the FCS playoffs

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 12:47 PM
It was more cause OSU doesn't participate in the FCS playoffs
Irrelevant.

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2016, 12:52 PM
Irrelevant.

Not a stadium

dewey
September 23rd, 2016, 01:02 PM
Perfect!!! You guys are geniuses. What could possibly piss Chattown off more than hijacking his own thread and turning it into NDSU talk?

Nothing could be worse for him.

/thread

Hijacking a thread by Claventownmocs by talking more NDSU is genius.

Here is the Bison Coaches show from the win over Iowa.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/sports/bisonfootballshow/

Dewey

BisonFan02
September 23rd, 2016, 01:40 PM
Not a stadium

You're a dome.

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2016, 01:40 PM
You're a dome.
Not a mountain.

dewey
September 23rd, 2016, 01:41 PM
Not a mountain.

Not cold and loud.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2016, 01:43 PM
https://photos.smugmug.com/Washington-Grizzly-Stadium/i-RdSN7qm/2/X2/3O6A6071-X2.jpg

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2016, 01:53 PM
You're a dome.

This is not what I hired you for.

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2016, 01:57 PM
https://twitter.com/IC_ActivityLog/status/777240730464952320

Grizalltheway
September 23rd, 2016, 02:03 PM
https://photos.smugmug.com/Washington-Grizzly-Stadium/i-RdSN7qm/2/X2/3O6A6071-X2.jpg

Beautiful. Where is this?

Bisonoline
September 23rd, 2016, 02:05 PM

Florida.

Bisonator
September 23rd, 2016, 03:10 PM
https://twitter.com/IC_ActivityLog/status/777240730464952320

xlolx

Milktruck74
September 23rd, 2016, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I can see the beach in the distance.

FUBeAR
September 23rd, 2016, 08:02 PM
So...everything cycles. Assuming no move to FBS, what do you guys think will cause the end of the Bison reign... and I don't mean just not win the Natty,?but send them back to a few years of 5-6 / 4-7?

centennial
September 23rd, 2016, 08:08 PM
So...everything cycles. Assuming no move to FBS, what do you guys think will cause the end of the Bison reign... and I don't mean just not win the Natty,?but send them back to a few years of 5-6 / 4-7?

Sanctions, or the whole coaching staff gets stolen by a P5. Then instead of hiring from the coaching tree, or someone who runs pro based sets we go to a spread coach. Or 2 of our QB's get injured the same season.

Milktruck74
September 23rd, 2016, 08:12 PM
They didn't build the empire overnight, so the fall will not happen instantly either. I think someone like ISUr or UNI or even USD getting a fireball of a HC that makes recruits believe they are the next NDSU....knocking them off the MVFC throne for two consecutive years will start that ball rolling....winning begats winning...the best recruits want to play for a winner, 10-0 goes a long way toward building another 10-0 season, but 8-3 quickly becomes 5-6. Is this the year? I don't know, but a few years down the road, hindsight will allow us to look back and say, that was the game/team/event that started the slide. Until then, NDSU rules the FCS.

semobison
September 23rd, 2016, 08:16 PM

Don't hold your breath. The last time NDSU had back to back losing seasons was in 1962 and 63. We have had three losing seasons since.

PaladinFan
September 23rd, 2016, 08:24 PM
Don't hold your breath. The last time NDSU had back to back losing seasons was in 1962 and 63. We have had three losing seasons since.

Speaking as a fan of a program that has met such fate, don't be so quick to assume it would never happen.

semobison
September 23rd, 2016, 08:34 PM
Speaking as a fan of a program that has met such fate, don't be so quick to assume it would never happen.

Sure, anything can happen. It just hasn't happened in a loong time. We had an awful year in 2009. I remember it all to well. Lost a lot of close games. It was only a one year blip though. Two years later we won the Natty!

BisonBacker
September 23rd, 2016, 08:53 PM
But but but we've never hosted it xlolx

gofurman
September 23rd, 2016, 09:48 PM

This is is some funny *****. Overconfident much? UT Chatt beats Presbyterian and Shorter by a combined 100-0. They then play my winless - repeat WINLESS - Furman team and escape because we possibly played the wrong QB. Starter scored 0 points. Backup posted 14 on UTC defense. 21-14. Yeah, Chatt destroyed Furman. Lol. Someone is letting those 66-0 routs of Shorter cloud their thinking.

Look, UTC is quite good but not superb. Here's a logic bomb for you- stay with me here. Furman's offense stinks (that's my own team I am talking about). Stinks! We average about 13 points a game. UTC has a supposedly strong offense. Yet both teams gained nearly identical yardage of 280. So Furmans D must be better than Chatts Defense since we held a far better offense to the same yardage that they held our horrible offense. Furmans horrible offense - 280 yards. Chattanooga strong offense ? 280 yards. Something doesn't add up.

In in part I jest, I actually know our (Furman) D is strong - top ten Michigan State scored 28.. Top ten FCS Citadel got 19 points (their second lowest rushing output of 3 years including playing South Carolina, Coastal, and FSU) and super duper we-kill-Shorter Chattanooga scored 21. If my Paladins could score 25 we would be 2-1 and 2-0 vs top 15 FCS teams Dang. We would be top 15 ranked if we could score 22 a game

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Hey nice. Love the ndsu discussion.

Hey we played today. Nice win.

http://www.gomocs.com/watch/?Archive=3040

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2016, 07:14 PM

Not a stadium.

Southern Bison
September 24th, 2016, 10:17 PM

Were you at the game, listening to it while you worked behind the counter at the payday loan store, or on TV in your basement "apartment" at Mama's house?

woffordgrad94
September 24th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Were you at the game, listening to it while you worked behind the counter at the payday loan store, or on TV in your basement "apartment" at Mama's house?

He probably owes a crapload of loan money to the payday loan store that employs him and is penniless because they are now garnishing his paycheck for it. xlmaox

dewey
September 24th, 2016, 11:14 PM

Good win for the Mocs today. Is The Citadel the only test left for the Mocs in conference the rest of the season?

Dewey

woffordgrad94
September 24th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Good win for the Mocs today. Is The Citadel the only test left for the Mocs in conference the rest of the season?

Dewey
I think Wofford has what it takes to test the mighty Mocs...our defense has looked really tough.

Big_Fan
September 25th, 2016, 05:49 AM

The 91st Missile Wing Minuteman missiles in North Dakota malfunction and detonate in their silos. I can't really fathom anything else that would do it. We might get them in the playoffs or natty eventually... but to cause a full scale implosion, there will have to be some kind of explosion with fallout.

FUBeAR
September 25th, 2016, 06:26 AM

Dewey

Yes - they've already chalked up a W vs. Mercer in 2 weeks after dominating the Bears last year by -3.

Mocs123
September 25th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Dewey

No, though on paper they are the biggest test, but as mentioned Wofford is looking really good and Mercer is better than their record and always a tough out. Every game they play is close.

Western Carolina is a talented team that hasn't put it all together and VMI has been getting better the past few years.

Even startup ETSU has beaten two decent FCS teams in WCU and KSU.

We are playing well but have to keep inproving and preparing well every week if we want to keep winning.

woffordgrad94
September 25th, 2016, 07:59 AM
No, though on paper they are the biggest test, but as mentioned Wofford is looking really good and Mercer is better than their record and always a tough out. Every game they play is close.

Western Carolina is a talented team that hasn't put it all together and VMI has been getting better the past few years.

Even startup ETSU has beaten two decent FCS teams in WCU and KSU.

We are playing well but have to keep inproving and preparing well every week if we want to keep winning.
Excellent post...you are the anti-Chattclown.

Milktruck74
September 25th, 2016, 08:10 AM
If the Mocs continue to improve week to week like they have over the first four There is a great chance to head to Bama 10-0. There are still some very talented teams on our Schedule, led by the Citadel....but this years schedule is set up perfectly for a team that has an inexperienced QB and wants to have a great season. I think we saw AB's coming out party yesterday. The kid is good, and as I have said before....He will Lead a better team than Jacob Huesman. We "should" win the next 6 games...but it is the SoCon and anyone is capable of knocking you off.

dgtw
September 25th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Excellent post...you are the anti-Chattclown.

Except for one person, the UTC fan base here is pretty sane.

BisonTru
September 25th, 2016, 05:05 PM
https://twitter.com/FBallGameplan/status/686196031122456576

JSUSoutherner
September 25th, 2016, 06:50 PM
https://twitter.com/FBallGameplan/status/686196031122456576
What a ****ing idiot.

BisonTru
September 25th, 2016, 07:42 PM
https://twitter.com/FBallGameplan/status/780185297657204737

W/O Biasxlolx

In other news, Chattown is the most objective poster on this board. xcoolx

Schism55
September 25th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Did Emory get into the medicine cabinet again?

BisonTru
September 25th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Did Emory get into the medicine cabinet again?

I'm in the opposite camp. I think he should go see somebody. They are getting really good at treating a lot of this stuff.

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2016, 08:07 PM
I'm in the opposite camp. I think he should go see somebody. They are getting really good at treating a lot of this stuff.

As much as I'd love to see him go see someone, reading his tweets/posts/thoughts are just too much fun and I do not want to get rid of them. His stuff is comical and I thoroughly enjoy a good laugh.

Bisonoline
September 25th, 2016, 10:20 PM
As much as I'd love to see him go see someone, reading his tweets/posts/thoughts are just too much fun and I do not want to get rid of them. His stuff is comical and I thoroughly enjoy a good laugh.

Absolutely gold. Hes the gift that keeps on giving.

blakegordon3
September 28th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Chattanooga is good but Huessman graduated so I am uncertain that they can go deep in the Playoffs

Professor Chaos
September 28th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Fullback Brock Robbins is out 4-6 weeks with a stress fracture in his foot. Sounds like some of the TEs (Wentz, Illies, Jenson) will get some work at FB but it'll mostly be senior RB/FB/Swiss-Army-Knife Chase Morlock in that spot. They also are moving WR Marquise Bridges from WR to CB and he's already listed on the 2-deep as Jalen Allison's backup.

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Chattanooga is good but Huessman graduated so I am uncertain that they can go deep in the Playoffs

Huesman or no Huesman they can't go deep in the playoffs.

BisonTru
September 28th, 2016, 09:29 PM
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/781316346839756800

JSUSoutherner
September 28th, 2016, 09:38 PM
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/781316346839756800
Well deserving. I see offensive rookie of the year in his future. He's a lot of fun to watch.

BisonTru
September 28th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Well deserving. I see offensive rookie of the year in his future. He's a lot of fun to watch.

My brother placed a $200 bet on rookie of the year back in Aug. for something like 200-1 or 400-1. I told him to throw $50 on that for me, but he forgot or so he says. :(

chattownmocs
September 28th, 2016, 11:19 PM
https://youtu.be/jq5lZfYN9_0

This is the best team in the nation. Too fast too physical on defense, too many dimensions offensively.

BisonTru
September 28th, 2016, 11:28 PM
https://youtu.be/jq5lZfYN9_0

This is the best team in the nation. Too fast too physical on defense, too many dimensions offensively.

Does Chattanooga ever put out some highlights that highlight the whole game or just homer highlights like this video?

Also, why was no one there? As much as none of us want to inflate your head anymore, Chattanooga does have a good football team. You'd think more people would come out and support them.

ChattaHatta
September 29th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Does Chattanooga ever put out some highlights that highlight the whole game or just homer highlights like this video?

Also, why was no one there? As much as none of us want to inflate your head anymore, Chattanooga does have a good football team. You'd think more people would come out and support them.

It was unseasonably hot outside. Temperatures were touching mid-90s during the game.

Bison56
September 29th, 2016, 09:54 AM
It was unseasonably hot outside. Temperatures were touching mid-90s during the game.

Seriously, that's why?

Catamount87
September 29th, 2016, 09:55 AM
So far the Mocs have averaged 8,891 for their 3 home games, 9,588 for their home opener against Shorter, 8,370 for Presbyterian and 8,714 against Samford.

Blaming the hot weather now for why no one shows up? Geez, that weak. What kept the fans away for those other two home games?

Milktruck74
September 29th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Chattanooga doesn't have a culture of winning, so people have always driven to games elsewhere....within a 2-3 hour drive, you be at 5-6 SEC schools and 3 or so ACC schools. The numbers are getting better, but unlike many other FCS towns, we aren't the only thing to do on a Saturday afternoon. and it was brutally hot at two of those games.

Mocs123
September 29th, 2016, 10:16 AM
I am not defending the people of Chattanooga as I am in full agreement that we should have more fan and student support. In my opinion we should have at least 15k for every game.

I am envious of teams like Montana, NDSU, and JSU that have such great fan support. I truly believe that is the lifeblood of any program.

It was a terrible weekend though:
2:00 kickoff never seem to be attended as well as night games for some reason

It was 95*F. My wife and kids didn't come due to the heat, but my dad and I were there.

UTK played Florida at 3:30. I know it shouldn't matter but it does.

The annual Hamilton County fair was that Saturday

The ironman was the following day and I know one person who didn't show as they were preparing for the race.

As for the videos- no they always just show the Chattanooga highlights. Personally I wish they showed all the big plays.

The visitors side stands shown in the video are looking into the sun. Most people sat in the GA section of the home side. The students also sit there and it looked like Samford brought more students - sad really for a top 5 team.

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Seriously, that's why?
No.

Thumper 76
September 29th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Chattanooga doesn't have a culture of winning, so people have always driven to games elsewhere....within a 2-3 hour drive, you be at 5-6 SEC schools and 3 or so ACC schools. The numbers are getting better, but unlike many other FCS towns, we aren't the only thing to do on a Saturday afternoon. and it was brutally hot at two of those games.

Oh give me a break with this. SDSU is in a town of 23,000 people, and has to try to draw from Sioux Falls, which is an hour south. However, Sioux Falls is only a couple hours away from the University of Nebraska, and the majority of SD are Husker fans, and pretty passionate ones at that. Also it's an hour away from USD as well, so we compete with them as well. We have had a history of mediocrity at best before jumping to FCS, having only made the playoffs once before the jump. Plus we've had an absolute ****hole of a stadium until this year, outdoors in SD in October and November when the temp is regularly below freezing and the wind is regularly over 20 mph, and we still averaged more than Chatty. Meanwhile Chatty has a population of 178,000 (the size of Sioux Falls), has hosted the national championship game for years, has had a beautiful stadium, and can't get people because it's hot? Give me a break.

ChattaHatta
September 29th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Oh, I agree that the 'heat' argument is weak, but otherwise, I can't really figure out what's stopping people. It very well could be general disinterest, it could be weather, it could be external factors like other schools, it could be game times, who knows. Nonetheless, like everyone has said, I wish our numbers were better. It'll be interesting to see what our numbers are next week when we play Mercer.

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Oh give me a break with this. SDSU is in a town of 23,000 people, and has to try to draw from Sioux Falls, which is an hour south. However, Sioux Falls is only a couple hours away from the University of Nebraska, and the majority of SD are Husker fans, and pretty passionate ones at that. Also it's an hour away from USD as well, so we compete with them as well. We have had a history of mediocrity at best before jumping to FCS, having only made the playoffs once before the jump. Plus we've had an absolute ****hole of a stadium until this year, outdoors in SD in October and November when the temp is regularly below freezing and the wind is regularly over 20 mph, and we still averaged more than Chatty. Meanwhile Chatty has a population of 178,000 (the size of Sioux Falls), has hosted the national championship game for years, has had a beautiful stadium, and can't get people because it's hot? Give me a break.

To be fair to him, big SEC games around here do hurt attendance. The Ole Miss- Bama and LSU @ Auburn games killed ours Coastal weekend. THAT SAID, even with those games we still pulled 19,000. And Jacksonville has a population of a whopping 12,000 or so. We're pulling on average almost twice the population of Jacksonville. Imagine if UTC could get 10% of Chattanooga to come to their games. With students that's a full house.

The heat argument is meh.

Thumper 76
September 29th, 2016, 11:48 AM
To be fair to him, big SEC games around here do hurt attendance. The Ole Miss- Bama and LSU @ Auburn games killed ours Coastal weekend. THAT SAID, even with those games we still pulled 19,000. And Jacksonville has a population of a whopping 12,000 or so. We're pulling on average almost twice the population of Jacksonville. Imagine if UTC could get 10% of Chattanooga to come to their games. With students that's a full house.

To be fair, Calhoun County, which you are next to or a part of, has a population of 118,000. I do enjoy how JSU fans try to paint it as if they were in some tiny isolated place though.

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2016, 11:52 AM
To be fair, Calhoun County, which you are next to or a part of, has a population of 118,000. I do enjoy how JSU fans try to paint it as if they were in some tiny isolated place though.
And Hamilton county Tennessee has over 350,000. We are a third the population of UTC's immidiate area and drawing twice as much. I never said we we completely isolated.

Thumper 76
September 29th, 2016, 11:54 AM
And Hamilton county Tennessee has over 350,000. We are a third the population of UTC's immidiate area and drawing twice as much. I never said we we completely isolated.

No but you certainly always portray it that way xlolx

When you say we are in a town of 12,000 people it certainly doesn't imply you are in a populated area.

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2016, 12:04 PM
No but you certainly always portray it that way xlolx

When you say we are in a town of 12,000 people it certainly doesn't imply you are in a populated area.
It feels that way. This place has absolutely nothing in it. I would kill to have 10% of what Chattanooga has as far as things to do. We only have 2 bars in 10 mile radius of Campus. It's pretty much a retirement community with a campus.

Anyway... back to the plot....

Mocdaddy
September 29th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Game attendance (or lack of) has been the $64,000 question in Chattanooga for as long as I care to remember.

PaladinFan
September 29th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Oh, let me point out that heat does have a factor.

Sitting in a football stadium for a 3:00 kickoff in mid September when temps are still in the mid-90s with no shade is about as miserable as I can remember being. I don't care who is playing.

That is particularly true in many FCS stadiums that lack concourses or areas to get some reprieve from the sun. I remember going to Mercer two years ago and the only shade for a hundred yards in any direction was sitting on the concrete with your back to the pressbox. I attended a game at Auburn a couple years ago that was almost unbearable.

ElCid
September 29th, 2016, 12:39 PM

You can't seriously be comparing SD to the southeast can you. How many teams (FBS or FCS) do you have within 3-4 hours of SDSU? 1 or 2, maybe three. Well, for many teams in SC or Tenn or Georgia, or NC, most of the schools have 8-10 or more other schools within 4 hours. There is a lot of competition for football fans. Plus, lets be real, there are like 10,000 better things to do to do in Chattanooga, Birmingham, Greenville, Spartanburg, or Charleston than in Brookings. No going to mention Cullowhee, Macon or Lexington. The games may very well be the best thing going on, although Atlanta is pretty close to Macon. Johnson City may be on the fringe, never spent any time there. If I was stuck in Brookings, I would probably go to the game and I am not even a fan. The comparison is just silly when you are talking about the general, not affiliated with the school, populous. And I would bet that a large portion of the Brookings population is affiliated with SDSU somehow.

The heat argument is meh.

I think there is more to this than people from other parts of the country realize. With the SOCON smack dab in the middle of the ACC and SEC, or the OVC in the SEC zone, it is seriously hard to get folks out. Even if they are not going to a game, with so many on TV, there is bound to be competition. Heck we have people sitting in the parking lot watching the USC or Clemson game instead of coming in to ours. Throw in the all the other teams in the area and it is hard to get folks out. Plus there are a lot of mixed families, with relatives at many different schools. Given the choice of going to see junior at Clemson and catch the game, or driving down to Charleston, it does hurt. But winning always helps. If you win, they will come.

Not sure the heat thing is very big. Southerners are used to it.

Mocs123
September 29th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I agree that we should be able to get 8-10% of the city (especially with so many alums in the area) and a third of the student body to attend.

I know more Chattanooga alums that drive to Knoxville to watch UTC than I do that drive 15 minutes to watch UTC at home.

That is one of many reasons why most UTC fans despise UTK.

Catamount87
September 29th, 2016, 12:58 PM
This really begs the question, why can't UTC pull in more fans? They have a highly ranked team, are the defending SoCon champions, have been winning and ranked the last several years and are located in a reasonably sized city. Yet, they averaged just 10,728 last year and only got that high of an average because of the season opener with JSU which drew 14,925. The next two highest attended games, WCU with 11,998 and The Citadel with 10,006.

Personally, I think they are an afterthought. People are either TN fans or fans of some other SEC school whether or not they went to those schools. We see that in NC. Graduates from all the non-ACC schools will choose an ACC school to support and cheer. The fans and supporters we do see are either diehard locals or alumni. Casual fans gravitate to the big name schools.

2015 SoCon home attendance averages
1. UTC, 10,725
2. Mercer, 10,339
3. The Citadel, 10,152
4. WCU, 10,119
5. Wofford, 7,007
6. Furman, 6,795
7. Samford, 5,544
8. VMI, 4,778

Milktruck74
September 29th, 2016, 01:02 PM
If there was a big Cock Fight going on in the Trailer court in Piedmont....the JSU attendance would be low too. Fortunately they move the pit to the parking lot for tailgating entertainment.

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2016, 01:05 PM
You can't seriously be comparing SD to the southeast can you. How many teams (FBS or FCS) do you have within 3-4 hours of SDSU? 1 or 2, maybe three. Well, for many teams in SC or Tenn or Georgia, or NC, most of the schools have 8-10 or more other schools within 4 hours. There is a lot of competition for football fans. Plus, lets be real, there are like 10,000 better things to do to do in Chattanooga, Birmingham, Greenville, Spartanburg, or Charleston than in Brookings. No going to mention Cullowhee, Macon or Lexington. The games may very well be the best thing going on, although Atlanta is pretty close to Macon. Johnson City may be on the fringe, never spent any time there. If I was stuck in Brookings, I would probably go to the game and I am not even a fan. The comparison is just silly when you are talking about the general, not affiliated with the school, populous. And I would bet that a large portion of the Brookings population is affiliated with SDSU somehow.

I think there is more to this than people from other parts of the country realize. With the SOCON smack dab in the middle of the ACC and SEC, or the OVC in the SEC zone, it is seriously hard to get folks out. Even if they are not going to a game, with so many on TV, there is bound to be competition. Heck we have people sitting in the parking lot watching the USC or Clemson game instead of coming in to ours. Throw in the all the other teams in the area and it is hard to get folks out. Plus there are a lot of mixed families, with relatives at many different schools. Given the choice of going to see junior at Clemson and catch the game, or driving down to Charleston, it does hurt. But winning always helps. If you win, they will come.

Not sure the heat thing is very big. Southerners are used to it.
Oh I agree 110% but they will always be like "Yeah well we have Nebraska-Lincoln only 4.5 hours away" or some other school like it's the same.

I can drive less than two hours and get to Bama, Auburn, GT, and UGA.

Four and a half hours gets me to Vandy, Tennessee, Ole Miss, MSU, and Clemson.

Add another half hour in and you can also hit Florida State and USC.

But yeah, apparently to them having Minnesota and Nebraska 4.5 hours away is remotely the same thing. So I just quit bringing it up.

BisonTru
September 29th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Oh I agree 110% but they will always be like "Yeah well we have Nebraska-Lincoln only 4.5 hours away" or some other school like it's the same.

I can can drive two hours get to Bama, Auburn, GT, and UGA. Four and a half hours gets me to Vandy, Tennessee, Ole Miss, MSU, and Clemson. Add another half hour in and you can also hit Florida State and USC.

But yeah, apparently to them having Minnesota and Nebraska 4.5 hours away is remotely the same thing. So I just quit bringing it up.

Alabama also has 5 times the population of South Dakota.

Not that you made this argument but ElCid did, don't give me there's more to do here argument. There's stuff to do every where, and a big part of SD/ND/MN is harvest and that takes away a lot of fans during football season.

Nobody is attending a football game because they're bored.

ElCid
September 29th, 2016, 01:15 PM
This really begs the question, why can't UTC pull in more fans? They have a highly ranked team, are the defending SoCon champions, have been winning and ranked the last several years and are located in a reasonably sized city. Yet, they averaged just 10,728 last year and only got that high of an average because of the season opener with JSU which drew 14,925. The next two highest attended games, WCU with 11,998 and The Citadel with 10,006.

Personally, I think they are an afterthought. People are either TN fans or fans of some other SEC school whether or not they went to those schools. We see that in NC. Graduates from all the non-ACC schools will choose an ACC school to support and cheer. The fans and supporters we do see are either diehard locals or alumni. Casual fans gravitate to the big name schools.

2015 SoCon home attendance averages
1. UTC, 10,725
2. Mercer, 10,339
3. The Citadel, 10,152
4. WCU, 10,119
5. Wofford, 7,007
6. Furman, 6,795
7. Samford, 5,544
8. VMI, 4,778

Good points but winning will help a bit. It just isn't instantaneous. Takes time to get those fringe folks coming. Our attendance has been steadily going down. There are a lot of other factors involved besides winning, which include generational and technological as well. When we built a new home side I thought we would increase. It really is a nice facility. But it went down. I think a lot of folks who had been going stopped when the construction was going on and just never came back. We are down from a average of almost 18K in 2003 to under 11K last year. And we had a good year. I have no doubt that the streaming of games has had an impact. Which to choose? Drive 4 hours or stay over a night in Charleston or kick back in your easy chair and watch? Hmmm. Heck, I have been toying with watching this weeks game on ESPN3 instead of making that arduous journey up to Cullowhee, and it is all of 49 miles. I didn't toy with it too long, I am going:D.

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2016, 01:16 PM

Not that you made this argument but ElCid did, don't give me there's more to do here argument. There's stuff to do every where, and a big part of SD/ND/MN is harvest and that takes away a lot of fans during football season.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bama's fan base was 5 times the size of South Dakota honestly.

FUBeAR
September 29th, 2016, 01:21 PM
It'll be interesting to see what our numbers are next week when we play Mercer.

+3 - FUBeAR & Family will be doing our part!

ElCid
September 29th, 2016, 01:25 PM

I realize that every place has something to do. You know what I mean. There are just a lot more choices to how one spends their entertainment time in some of these southern towns than in Brookings SD. If I am in SD, the SDSU game may very well be the coolest thing going on. Not so in some of these other places. If someone can stay home and still take the kids to the water/amusement park or see dozens of other attractions, and still catch the game on ESPN3, guess which one might win. There may be dozens of other things to do in Brookings, I don't know, I have never been there, but not sure they are as alluring as the only game in town.

Catamount87
September 29th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Good points but winning will help a bit. It just isn't instantaneous. Takes time to get those fringe folks coming. Our attendance has been steadily going down. There are a lot of other factors involved besides winning, which include generational and technological as well. When we built a new home side I thought we would increase. It really is a nice facility. But it went down. I think a lot of folks who had been going stopped when the construction was going on and just never came back. We are down from a average of almost 18K in 2003 to under 11K last year. And we had a good year. I have no doubt that the streaming of games has had an impact. Which to choose? Drive 4 hours or stay over a night in Charleston or kick back in your easy chair and watch? Hmmm. Heck, I have been toying with watching this weeks game on ESPN3 instead of making that arduous journey up to Cullowhee, and it is all of 49 miles. I didn't toy with it too long, I am going:D.

Good Lord man, how could you not come to the game? Hwy 64 and 107 are two great driving roads! Toss in leaf season is getting ready to start too. Okay, maybe not everyone enjoys driving roads like that. I'd love to have that drive on a regular basis. Then again, I'm a driving nut and my big hobby is tracking my sports car.

Mocs123
September 29th, 2016, 01:59 PM
+3 - FUBeAR & Family will be doing our part!

I hope we have a great crowd for the game. I also hope you leave disappointed. :)

Getting down to a game in Macon is something I plan on doing sometime, it seems you have a really nice facility.

ElCid
September 29th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Good Lord man, how could you not come to the game? Hwy 64 and 107 are two great driving roads! Toss in leaf season is getting ready to start too. Okay, maybe not everyone enjoys driving roads like that. I'd love to have that drive on a regular basis. Then again, I'm a driving nut and my big hobby is tracking my sports car.

Well, my wife decided not to go and I will have to go solo. As its our anniversary this coming week, I thought about not going so we could spend the time together. But I'm going for sure, she insists. It is a great drive up and a nice setting up there. It's actually 54 miles but it will probably take 90 minutes. Got to like the mountain roads.

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Well, my wife decided not to go and I will have to go solo. As its our anniversary this coming week, I thought about not going so we could spend the time together. But I'm going for sure, she insists. It is a great drive up and a nice setting up there. It's actually 54 miles but it will probably take 90 minutes. Got to like the mountain roads.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23625&stc=1

Bison56
September 29th, 2016, 02:42 PM

^This, I'd hate to be you when you get home.xtroublex

ElCid
September 29th, 2016, 02:50 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Too funny! No, she is a good kiddo. She actually really likes to go to the games, but she just didn't want to go this week. She will be watching it on ESPN3. I think she is worried about me now that I have nothing to do all day except surf AGS. She wants me to get out of the house a little.

Southern Bison
September 29th, 2016, 02:51 PM
^This, I'd hate to be you when you get home.xtroublex
El Cid, you seemed like a smart guy when we met at the AGS meetup...what happened since late August?

Thumper 76
September 29th, 2016, 03:28 PM
I realize that every place has something to do. You know what I mean. There are just a lot more choices to how one spends their entertainment time in some of these southern towns than in Brookings SD. If I am in SD, the SDSU game may very well be the coolest thing going on. Not so in some of these other places. If someone can stay home and still take the kids to the water/amusement park or see dozens of other attractions, and still catch the game on ESPN3, guess which one might win. There may be dozens of other things to do in Brookings, I don't know, I have never been there, but not sure they are as alluring as the only game in town.

Here's what people don't get about Brookings that haven't been there. They assume it's like where you are from, like how JSU is only 12,000 people and is a small area. That area is almost the size of the most populated part of the state of South Dakota. Brookings is 23,000 people, and the only place big enough to even have a Walmart for 45 miles in any direction. The largest town within 30 miles has under 5,000 people. Also, when you are in a rural area like that, and are a land grant school, you lose a TON of fans to harvest, and a ton to hunting season. Honestly, if you haven't been to the area during harvest, you can't fathom the magnitude of it.

And SDSU may be that far from Nebraska, but the main population center is only 2 1/2 to 3 hrs away from the Huskers game. And they may be the only game in town, but Husker fans are COMMITTED. I know it's not the SEC you southerners jerk off to, but they have every bit as much pull in our area as your Tennessees or Auburns or Alabamas do. Plus our total state has less than 900,000 people in it. Most of your schools could rustle up that population within three a three hour circle of your stadium.

Cocky
September 29th, 2016, 03:46 PM
If there was a big Cock Fight going on in the Trailer court in Piedmont....the JSU attendance would be low too. Fortunately they move the pit to the parking lot for tailgating entertainment.
Are you talking about the one in Ballplay? If so it was shut down a few years back. Didnt know of a Cock fighting arena in Piedmont. Have you been?

Cocky
September 29th, 2016, 03:48 PM

Close to a million people live within 50 miles of Jacksonville. A hours drive to a college football game is close.

Milktruck74
September 29th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Are you talking about the one in Ballplay? If so it was shut down a few years back. Didnt know of a Cock fighting arena in Piedmont. Have you been?

Nah, never ventured any further south than SandMountain,

SeattleGriz
September 29th, 2016, 07:32 PM
You have an exceptional eye for beauty. Where indeed is this majestic place?!

chattownmocs
September 29th, 2016, 07:48 PM
If we were filling our stadium and were flush with cash and were able to build this great football building that we have been trying to raise money for, what would the point of us being in the fcs be? At that point it would be time to move up. This league is already non competitive enough. We may not lose a football, basketball, or womens basketball game in the conference this year.

JSUSoutherner
September 29th, 2016, 11:11 PM
If we were filling our stadium and were flush with cash and were able to build this great football building that we have been trying to raise money for, what would the point of us being in the fcs be? At that point it would be time to move up. This league is already non competitive enough. We may not lose a football, basketball, or womens basketball game in the conference this year.

Chatty couldn't win the OVC, what makes you think you would win Ye Mighty Sunbelt? You miss getting beat by App State and GSU?

Plus, what would you benefit from moving to FBS? Would you rather play for a National Championship or a banner from the NOLA Bowl to hang in the concourse?

Catamount87
September 30th, 2016, 07:51 AM

JSUSoutherner for the weekly post win.

dgtw
September 30th, 2016, 10:04 AM

Has there been any serious push to move up?

Mocs123
September 30th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Please ignore our delusional fan. We have no desire to go to the sunbelt, and obviously we haven't gotten two good for FCS as we have won what, one playoff game? When we go NDSU on everyone and win 5 straight national championships, then we can talk that we are too good for FCS and want to trade in a Chance for a NC for a chance to play in the poinsettia bowl.

And we very well "could" (or could not) win the SoCon Football, Men's basketball, and women's basketball championships but there is no way we get through all three undefeated. I just want to beat ETSU this week, then move on to the next one, etc.

We have a good team. We have a decent chance to win the SoCon of we continue to exicute. If we are national championship caliber team we will all find that out in January.

I am not sure anyone can say they are national championship caliber other than NDSU at this point (as they are defending)

BisonTru
September 30th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Chatty couldn't win the OVC, what makes you think you would win Ye Mighty Sunbelt? You miss getting beat by App State and GSU?

Plus, what would you benefit from moving to FBS? Would you rather play for a National Championship or a banner from the NOLA Bowl to hang in the concourse?

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlO7ESbIcDYFz7G/giphy.gif

ST_Lawson
September 30th, 2016, 02:35 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlO7ESbIcDYFz7G/giphy.gif

Business Wentz appreciates your contributions. You're a real "team player".

chattownmocs
September 30th, 2016, 09:37 PM

I never mentioned the sun belt or said we were gonna move up. My response was to this notion that we should have all these fans. IF WE DID, then we wouldn't belong in the socon? Get it this time?

And no, mocs123, it is possible for us to run the table in those 3 sports. Very possible. If you don't think so, you no need to look at those teams records from a year ago and who they have returning and coming back from injuries. You seem to think that football is some stretch. Even these idiots know we are gonna win the football title. Stfu.

BisonTru
October 12th, 2016, 04:05 PM
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/785915886024658944

chattownmocs
October 12th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Thanks for bumping

https://youtu.be/AVv6F2CktrE

Chattanooga-Mercer highlights are out. They should be devastating to all the fans out their thinking their team has a shot.

JSUSoutherner
October 12th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Good for Wentz. Definitely well earned. I figured Dak Prescott would be up there on that list. He's been playing pretty well too. Lots of fantastic rookies this year.

chattownmocs
October 12th, 2016, 07:27 PM

Most interesting is that a guy like andrew luck who has had devastating turnovers for a 2-3 team is 3rd. Seems legit.

Schism55
October 12th, 2016, 07:35 PM
And what team did Jacob Huesman get drafted by/is playing for?
Oh, that's right.

chattownmocs
October 12th, 2016, 07:47 PM
And what team did Jacob Huesman get drafted by/is playing for?
Oh, that's right.

I never thought jacob huesman was an nfl QB. Ever. I also believe that carson wentz is the 3rd or 4th best qb in the draft, which will lead to a long career. But stay with the espn-led media narrative that he's the best anyones ever seen.

BisonTru
October 12th, 2016, 07:52 PM
I never thought jacob huesman was an nfl QB. Ever. I also believe that carson wentz is the 3rd or 4th best qb in the draft, which will lead to a long career. But stay with the espn-led media narrative that he's the best anyones ever seen.

Have you considered a career with football gameplan the Czars outlet?

Your talent evaluation skills would fit in nicely there.

chattownmocs
October 12th, 2016, 07:58 PM

So how much do you want to bet that the Eagles do make the playoffs and that when it's all said and done carson wentz has mediocre numbers for an nfl qb?

- - - Updated - - -

So how much do you want to bet that the Eagles do make the playoffs and that when it's all said and done carson wentz has mediocre numbers for an nfl qb?