PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - Hankins transfers to Memphis

GeauxLions94
July 8th, 2005, 03:58 PM
The Martin Hankins xidiotx "Free Agent Tour" finally ends in the land of Elvis. :p

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/sports/12071240.htm

golionsgo
July 8th, 2005, 05:08 PM
<<<But everything changed for Hankins when Lions coach Hal Mumme resigned to take a similar post at New Mexico State in the off-season. Mumme's replacement, Dennis Roland, runs a balanced attack.>>>

Personally, I hope we do have more balance in our attack, but the truth is, we're running the exact same offense. This guy could at least get his facts straight.

rokamortis
July 8th, 2005, 05:20 PM
"Martin Hankins always considered himself a Division I quarterback.

Hankins will get his chance at the University of Memphis in 2006."

Uh oh ...

ccujacket
July 8th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Cue a comment from Ralph followed by a disparaging remark from yomama.

:bang:

Josh
July 8th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Good for him. Some I-AA players are I-A talent who belong in the SEC, C-USA, Pac-10, etc but for some reason are in I-AA and I-AA is a great place for those who just need a chance to show their skill and do it after being underrated in high school or some players choose I-AA for PT or education.

Hankins should do ok but I think losing All-American DeAngelo Williams is going to be tough for that offense even though they pick him up.

Good luck to Hankins in his football future and no doubt I will be scouting this kid in a couple years for the NFL Draft.

eaglesrthe1
July 8th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Cue a comment from Ralph followed by a disparaging remark from yomama.

:bang:

:lmao: :lmao:

But the reporter catches himself...
Hankins was one of the nation's top Division I-AA passers last year. :D :D

rokamortis
July 8th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Not so fast ...

"Since Hankins is making the move up from Division I-AA to Division I, NCAA rules require that he must sit out this season. He will be redshirted and have two years of eligibility."

:D

eaglesrthe1
July 8th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Yeah, wouldn't he have to sit out even if he was going to another I-AA? The clown doesn't know of what he speaks. :cool:

eaglesrthe1
July 8th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Good luck to Hankins in his football future and no doubt I will be scouting this kid in a couple years for the NFL Draft.

Kid. That's funny.

http://images-partners.google.com/images?q=tbn:SdTuNrjaZjQJ:sep.stanford.edu/sep/jon/family/jos/pic0/webtv/Toddler.jpg

"Hankins? He's just a baby. Doesn't even know how to walk yet".

CosmoVixen24
July 10th, 2005, 12:18 PM
"Hankins? He's just a baby. Doesn't even know how to walk yet".

Say what you want, but I think he'll do fine. Yeah, he wasn't happy and didn't stick it out at SELU, but if I wasn't happy somewhere, my ass would be gone as well. I'll miss him, besides the fact that he up and left, and pissed many people off, he's a great guy... and much better character than some of the others, especially one who bragged about using just about everyone he knew since he came to SELU and graduated doing absolutely nothing in school (and that bastard SWORE he was going to the NFL. LMAO! Stupid punk :bang: ). Okay, let me stop and get back to my point... Martin will be okay and I wish him the best.