PDA

View Full Version : Petition to allow tailgating...

aggie6thman
December 28th, 2006, 06:53 PM
at all UC Davis home football games. Currently the administration supports a no open flame policy, as well as a no alcohol ban. Our campus has a pub right in the middle of it (one that I frequent often) and offers one of the best viticulture, enology and beer making programs in the state.

For all those who are planning on coming to Davis next year or in future years, help us turn the tide and create one of the best game day atmospheres in the country!

A letter writing campaign will be begin once the 2007 schedule is released, but sign up now to get on the e-mail list!

www.aggiefunzone.com

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 06:54 PM
gotta get it going. I hate school with those rules.

NDSUFREAK
December 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I should be thankful for the kind of tailgating we are allowed at the FFD.

aggie6thman
December 28th, 2006, 07:07 PM
I should be thankful for the kind of tailgating we are allowed at the FFD.

Sign up and petition our admin. If you ever make the trip you would enjoy the comforts of home, right?

NDSUFREAK
December 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Sign up and petition our admin. If you ever make the trip you would enjoy the comforts of home, right?

Where can I?

NDSUFREAK
December 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
nvm, i see it.

NDSUFREAK
December 28th, 2006, 07:21 PM
SIGNED UP! :thumbsup:

GOKATS
December 28th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I signed up- I've never been to UC Davis, but my fairly new daughter-in-law played VB there and she and my son are in northern CA. It'd be a good op for me to fly down for a game (we owe you one after this year), but with your current tailgating rules I'd be one rule breaking SOB.:D

ucdtim17
December 28th, 2006, 08:46 PM
The no-tailgating sucks but it's not like everyone has to be sober for the games. Everyone drinks and BBQ's at houses and walks to the game. Everything's pretty close together. For families there's a BBQ in a park near the stadium. There's supposed to be a "picnic grove" or something like that next year at the new stadium. But there's no real excuse for not having real tailgating as the one thing we do have is plenty of room

catdaddy2402
December 28th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Doubt I would ever make a game out that way, but I signed up nonetheless. Rules like that are against the natural order of college football.

ButlerGSU
December 28th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Tailgating in Statesboro is an all day affair. I cannot imagine Saturdays in the fall without it. G'luck!

Seven Would Be Nice
December 29th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Tailgating in Statesboro is an all day affair. I cannot imagine Saturdays in the fall without it. G'luck!

To be honest, I'm surprised that tailgating is even allowed in Statesboro. Those 5 old people on the county board have our city's nuts in a tight Bible belt vice grip.

I feel for yall with drinking laws... Statesboro is crazy!

WUTNDITWAA
December 29th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Tailgating was never forbidden at Appalachian, but in 2005 when it was encouraged, average attendance went up nearly 10,000. There's something unAmerican about not allowing tailgating before a college football game.

Tribe4SF
December 29th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Yikes!!!:eek:

Even Liberty looks the other way for tailgating!

henfan
December 29th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Our campus has a pub right in the middle of it (one that I frequent often) and offers one of the best viticulture, enology and beer making programs in the state.

UCD's brewing studies program is one of the best in the world, nevermind the state.

Good luck getting the admin to move on their draconian tailgating policy.

andy7171
December 29th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Towson recently allowed tailgating. Now the problem isn't getting the students to attend the games, its getting them to leave the parking lots.

I can't imagine the hijinx that goes on at a Liberty tailgate.

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Yikes!!!:eek:

Even Liberty looks the other way for tailgating!

:eek: Does the Jer get out there with an Olde English forty?

andy7171
December 29th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I heard he prefers Night Train Express.
:D

mistersykes
December 29th, 2006, 10:38 AM
UCD's brewing studies program is one of the best in the world, nevermind the state.

Good luck getting the admin to move on their draconian tailgating policy.

App just got a Wine Science program started. It's exciting! :D

ErkPeterson
December 29th, 2006, 11:07 AM
This rule would never fly in the south...EVER!!! Its a way of life and no laws or rules would ever change it. Just like nobody drank alcohol during prohibition :smiley_wi Its totally un-american.

Eaglegus2
December 29th, 2006, 11:08 AM
We even have the opportunity blowup your own grill during tailgating at Paulson.:smiley_wi

Private joke to those of us familiar with the story.

Football without tailgating is like Hugh Hefner without Playboy bunnies.:(

AggiePride
December 29th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Keep signing up, these rules are just plain stupid.

Oddly, it was only a few years ago that Davis finally changed the open container law. Before that and my whole time at Davis you could walk anywhere in town with a beer in hand.

It's not that Davis is an uptight town, it is just this one weird rule on the campus itself.. Which just seems silly when you walk by the "pub" everyday on campus... Obviously exceptions are allowed.

THe only place it seems to really make an impact is our football games, which was not an issue before because the old stadium had no room for tailgaiting. I guess people are so used to it that they really do not understand what tailgating does for attendance and creating a gameday atmosphere...

Now we do have the room and a stadium we need packed for every game.. and the rule just needs to go...

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I heard he prefers Night Train Express.
:D

xlolx

ucdtim17
December 29th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah UCD is definitely one of the top schools in the world for food, brewing and wine science. We're building the $55 million Robert Mondavi Institute for Food and Wine Science now. Anheiser-Busch is funding the Anheiser-Busch Brewing and Food Science Laboratory. For a school that takes so much pride in the science behind making beer and wine, they certainly make every effort to ensure people don't actually get to enjoy the fruits of that labor

Tribe4SF
December 29th, 2006, 09:42 PM

If you've seen him recently, he looks like he's been putting down a bunch of 40s. He is Liberty Mountain!

GOTOREROS
December 30th, 2006, 12:14 AM
at all UC Davis home football games. Currently the administration supports a no open flame policy, as well as a no alcohol ban. Our campus has a pub right in the middle of it (one that I frequent often) and offers one of the best viticulture, enology and beer making programs in the state.

For all those who are planning on coming to Davis next year or in future years, help us turn the tide and create one of the best game day atmospheres in the country!

A letter writing campaign will be begin once the 2007 schedule is released, but sign up now to get on the e-mail list!

www.aggiefunzone.com

Good luck with the efforts!

GT

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2006, 10:10 AM
If you've seen him recently, he looks like he's been putting down a bunch of 40s. He is Liberty Mountain!

I haven't seen a picture of him in years.

Husky Alum
December 30th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Time out, NO tailgating at UCD???

What does one do before a game??

NU plays out there this year and I thought that the school was going to try and have a big alumni function/tailgate before the game for Bay Area Alumni.

So much for that idea.....

AggiePride
December 30th, 2006, 12:07 PM

NU plays out there this year and I thought that the school was going to try and have a big alumni function/tailgate before the game for Bay Area Alumni.

Well get as many people as you can to go to the website provided.

Then maybe you can have that alumni tailgate!

Thanks!

ucdtim17
December 30th, 2006, 12:33 PM

Not sure what visiting team fans have done in the past, but there will be a "picnic grove" or something at the new stadium. You'll have to be a little sneaky about booze though. Best bet may be going to the Grad (a giant sports bar), boozing up and watching all the other games and then walking the 3 blocks or so to the stadium.

ucdtim17
December 30th, 2006, 12:34 PM
The Grad would be a great place to have a pre-game alumni get-together BTW

Husky Alum
December 30th, 2006, 03:00 PM
We're looking forward to making the trip to Davis. I think the game is September 22, but I'm not sure. Can someone from UCDavis confirm?

ucdtim17
December 30th, 2006, 11:24 PM
That's the last I heard I think.

aggie6thman
December 31st, 2006, 01:25 PM

Opposing teams used to have their pre-game functions at Central Park, a short walk from the Toom, but now that the stadium has moved clear across campus, that idea is gone.

Let's sign up as many people as possible at www.aggiefunzone.com!!

ucdtim17
December 31st, 2006, 02:00 PM
There'll probably be a BBQ type deal at the IM fields across the street from the stadium