PDA

View Full Version : Furman Question

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
How Max from that MTV show doing?

AndrewFU21
December 28th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Redshirted this past year.

We do have one saftey spot vacated by graduating Jeremy Blocker, so who knows if Max could get some playing time next year.

fuEMO
December 28th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Max, redshirted this season. Played on the scout team, hit the weights and from what I heard is fitting in very well at Furman and with his teammates.

From what I've seen in limited practice he's very fast to the ball, and is a physical hitter. Max will have a nice 4 year career at Furman next season he should backup Thomas Twitty another Alabama product. But I won't be surprised to see him got alot of rotation next season.

OL FU
December 28th, 2006, 10:59 AM
How Max from that MTV show doing?

Want us to get you an autograph:)

AppGuy04
December 28th, 2006, 11:19 AM
I never watched that show, but I imagine his teamates tease him about it

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Want us to get you an autograph:)

You know, I've never been into autographs. I've met Jerry Rice, Cypress Hill, have been backstage at Ozzfest and even hung out with Cap'n Cat, but I never get autographs.

Max seemed like a pretty good kid and I was just curious how he was working out.

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I never watched that show, but I imagine his teamates tease him about it

I would imagine he gets a hard time. Looking forward to the next season though! :hurray:

OL FU
December 28th, 2006, 11:36 AM
You know, I've never been into autographs. I've met Jerry Rice, Cypress Hill, have been backstage at Ozzfest and even hung out with Cap'n Cat, but I never get autographs.

Max seemed like a pretty good kid and I was just curious how he was working out.

You did not get Capn Cat's autograph.

I don't blame you. no telling what that hand has been doing:eek:

Sorry I was just being a smarta$$:o

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM
You did not get Capn Cat's autograph.

I don't blame you. no telling what that hand has been doing:eek:

Sorry I was just being a smarta$$:o

xlolx xlolx xlolx

fuEMO
December 28th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I heard they decorated his locker for the premiere, I think he was the only player that could not attend due to pre-season practice. It will be interesting to see Max's development. Twitty and Lerner were both high-profile Alabama high school recruits. I would like to see them both on the field at FS and SS. That could happen in 08.

I was standing behind the last row at Elon this season and a couple of lovely Elon coed foreign exchanged students walked up to me and asked what number was Max Lerner. Redshirt was a difficult translation.

th0m
December 28th, 2006, 01:31 PM
For the uninformed, what TV show are we talking about here?

MarkCCU
December 28th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I think its called Two A Day's...a high school football program on MTV

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I think its called Two A Day's...a high school football program on MTV

That is correct. :thumbsup:

th0m
December 28th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks, don't think I'll be seeing that any time soon on Dutch MTV though :p

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Thanks, don't think I'll be seeing that any time soon on Dutch MTV though :p

probably not. ;)

Seven Would Be Nice
December 28th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Ohhh YEAHHHH!! hahahah I remember that guy!!

He's gotta catch hell for that! xlolx xlolx

NoCoDanny
December 29th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Wait, the show wasn't Saved by the Bell?

spelunker64
December 29th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Is that what saved your kicker?

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2006, 05:00 PM

I wish we could get AC Slater on our defense.

proasu89
January 4th, 2007, 09:08 PM
We lost a DB transfer from WVU to American Idol. Don't remember his name though.

HiHiYikas
January 4th, 2007, 09:32 PM
We lost a DB transfer from WVU to American Idol. Don't remember his name though.
Marquis Melvin...

I've heard he was an Idol Finalist, though I'm not sure how that news got out...

Soon there will be a poll thread - "would you rather be an American Idol finalist or win back-to-back I-AA championships?"

Cocky
January 4th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Marquis Melvin...

I've heard he was an Idol Finalist, though I'm not sure how that news got out...

Soon there will be a poll thread - "would you rather be an American Idol finalist or win back-to-back I-AA championships?"

We had a guy a few years back that beat Ruben Studdard in a high school talent contest. He should have went the Idol route as his football wasn't very good.

parr90
January 5th, 2007, 09:18 AM

I hear you my man. I have never gotten an autograph although I have met the likes of Hershall Walker, Oj Simpson, Troy Aikmen, Mike Ditka and many others. To me it says that that person is above you when you ask for their autograph. I think many people think they are.

proasu89
January 5th, 2007, 01:56 PM
I hear you my man. I have never gotten an autograph although I have met the likes of Hershall Walker, Oj Simpson, Troy Aikmen, Mike Ditka and many others. To me it says that that person is above you when you ask for their autograph. I think many people think they are.
:thumbsup: I couldn't agree more. While it's great to meet them, in no way should they be viewed as idols. Their pants go on one leg at a time just like everyone elses. They just happened to be blessed w/ talents that make them rich and famous. Having said all that, I do wish I could find my MJ autograph that he signed on a golf scorecard in 1985 at the high school state tournament in Chapel Hill.:smiley_wi

appmountaineermaniac
January 6th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Guys calm down supposedly besides the Idol stuff Melvin had a family member not sure who but i believe his mom who had an illness he had to help out with as well. I heard a month ago he will be here in the spring for football and have 4 years left if anyone knows anything please let us know he would be an excellent addition to the defense!!

proasu89
January 7th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Guys calm down supposedly besides the Idol stuff Melvin had a family member not sure who but i believe his mom who had an illness he had to help out with as well. I heard a month ago he will be here in the spring for football and have 4 years left if anyone knows anything please let us know he would be an excellent addition to the defense!!
:rotateh: Who needs to calm down? Just stating a fact. More power to him if he can make it to the finals, support a family, and play football. We'll be fine w/ or w/out him.