PDA

View Full Version : Chas. Southern+16 1/2 ?

Little Stevie
August 23rd, 2016, 08:02 PM
NDSU is beast at home (or everywhere).
But,man that is a lot of points to a good team.
Can Chas. Southern cover??
What say the eminent followers of these teams?

BisonFan02
August 23rd, 2016, 08:07 PM
No shot. Not that CSU is a bad team...just not a good match up for them. First trip to Fargo....home opener. Some info below from NDSU....

FACT: The Dome-field Advantage

The Bison have won 52 of their last 53 home non-conference games, including 42 straight since 2003.

Nickels
August 23rd, 2016, 08:09 PM
I'd take the Bison all day with that spread.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 23rd, 2016, 08:10 PM
The point spread could be 27.5 and i would take the Bison.

Professor Chaos
August 23rd, 2016, 08:14 PM
It's actually up to 18.5 now according to 5dimes (http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx). It opened at 17.5 I believe so seems like most of the money has been going on NDSU so far.

BigHouseClosedEnd
August 23rd, 2016, 08:17 PM
It's actually up to 18.5 now according to 5dimes (http://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx). It opened at 17.5 I believe so seems like most of the money has been going on NDSU so far.

Perhaps it will be up to that 27.5 that i suggested before kick on Saturday.

BisonFan02
August 23rd, 2016, 08:26 PM
Time of possession.........keep an eye on that. If CSU can't get off the field on D....it gets tough. The key for them is going to be weathering get the storm early. If they look like they are ****ting themselves on the first few offensive possessions and go 3 in out a bunch....it will get out of hand.

Bisonator
August 23rd, 2016, 08:29 PM
No CSU will not cover. Doesn't mean they are not good, just not good enough.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 23rd, 2016, 08:32 PM
Time of possession.........keep an eye on that. If CSU can't get off the field on D....it gets tough. The key for them is going to be weathering get the storm early. If they look like they are ****ting themselves on the first few offensive possessions and go 3 in out a bunch....it will get out of hand.

This here 100%.

Bad match up for CSU. I don't care how quick they are on defense, getting leaned on by 300+ lineman all day will wear them out in the 2nd half.

Plus their offense is doing the "clap" for their snap count.....xnodx....good luck boys trying to hear that!!!

Almost forgot.........NDSU covers that spread!

dewey
August 23rd, 2016, 09:43 PM
This here 100%.

Bad match up for CSU. I don't care how quick they are on defense, getting leaned on by 300+ lineman all day will wear them out in the 2nd half.

Plus their offense is doing the "clap" for their snap count.....xnodx....good luck boys trying to hear that!!!

The same clap that Montana did last year when the NDSU defensive lineman were watching and going off the same movement? Or was that some other hand movement? Won't matter the lineman won't be able to hear and the D Line will have a field day with them.

Like others have said a team coming to the Fargodome for the first time is not good news for them. NDSU covers the spread.

Dewey

clenz
August 23rd, 2016, 09:52 PM
All of the money on NDSU.

I mean all of it. With fury

The Yo Show
August 23rd, 2016, 11:17 PM
AGS even gives me investment advice now :Dxthumbsupx

ST_Lawson
August 23rd, 2016, 11:54 PM

This...all day this. You make a couple of mistakes early and things are going to get VERY out of hand VERY quickly. Trust me on this. (http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400795751)

NDSU covers the spread. Hell, if 5dimes keeps it under 20...I say NDSU covers double the spread.

Thumper 76
August 24th, 2016, 12:05 AM
I mean all of it. With fury

I've never bet at a real betting place, but when I do, I'm going to use this phrase.

Schism55
August 24th, 2016, 01:09 AM
1. Raising the banner.
2. Bison are loaded on offense.
3. Bison have best front 7 in fcs imo.

All signs point to a big Bison win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 24th, 2016, 06:13 AM
1. Raising the banner.
2. Bison are loaded on offense.
3. Bison have best front 7 in fcs imo.

All signs point to a big Bison win.

It will be loud in the dome.....as usual!

Menard
Steidl
Tanguay
Ambrosios

That is a very good front 4. UNI's front 4 are going to be tough as heck also. But the Bison DL is going to be very good.

The LBs are fast and have a ton of experience.

Daytripper
August 24th, 2016, 06:29 AM
I'm considering borrowing against the equity in my house and putting it on the Bison at +16.5.

Gil Dobie
August 24th, 2016, 07:01 AM
I would put the odds at 95% Bison victory, but as they say "Any Given Saturday".

clenz
August 24th, 2016, 07:58 AM
I've never bet at a real betting place, but when I do, I'm going to use this phrase.

You don't say it in person. You do it

You take your money and slam it down and yell "ALL IF IT ON *team x*!!!!!!!"

It helps to have a bit of a crazed look in the eyes, jerky movements, fast breathing and messed up hair.

Let's the place know you mean business

Catamount87
August 24th, 2016, 08:38 AM
This here 100%.

What?!? CSU has the clap? Hmm, I guess those Baptist aren't as puritan as we thought. xangelx

(Sorry, someone had to make this joke.)

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Holy.

Going to a clap to start the snaps? The last few teams I've seen do that have not fared well....as in our defensive players caught on fast enough to understand when to go and eat people up.

clenz
August 24th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Holy.

Going to a clap to start the snaps? The last few teams I've seen do that have not fared well....as in our defensive players caught on fast enough to understand when to go and eat people up.
Yeah. I don't get why teams do that. It's a dead freaking give away to the defense. Often creates better jumps for the DL.

walliver
August 24th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Holy.

With most modern spread option offenses, it is usually quite obvious when the ball is going to be snapped. A clap is not going to give away any element of surprise.

UofRfan
August 24th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Does Charleston Southern and most big South football teams now give the full amount of FCS scholarships? Or are their limits lower than normal FCS?

CSU18
August 24th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Does Charleston Southern and most big South football teams now give the full amount of FCS scholarships? Or are their limits lower than normal FCS?

CSU gives the full amount. As far as I know all other Big South schools do as well, but could be wrong.

The "clap" for CSU isn't going to give away anything. It's not always snapped on the clap. While it might time up with the snap some of the time, it doesn't always. Other than that, I've seen it snapped on the 2nd and even 3rd clap. Could be wrong about this as well, but I don't think it's going to play into the DL's favor.

clenz
August 24th, 2016, 04:38 PM
CSU gives the full amount. As far as I know all other Big South schools do as well, but could be wrong.

The "clap" for CSU isn't going to give away anything. It's not always snapped on the clap. While it might time up with the snap some of the time, it doesn't always. Other than that, I've seen it snapped on the 2nd and even 3rd clap. Could be wrong about this as well, but I don't think it's going to play into the DL's favor.
You aren't going to hear the clap.

This is going to lead to the center needing to look between his legs to see the motion. This means he needs to then reset and snap the ball. DL sees the center bring his head up and set to snap, wonder if that's an advantage for the DL? Esepcially when facing an option team that relies on speed to make hit the hole before the defense can react. A split second is all the difference it takes.

CSU18
August 24th, 2016, 05:07 PM
You aren't going to hear the clap.

This is going to lead to the center needing to look between his legs to see the motion. This means he needs to then reset and snap the ball. DL sees the center bring his head up and set to snap, wonder if that's an advantage for the DL? Esepcially when facing an option team that relies on speed to make hit the hole before the defense can react. A split second is all the difference it takes.

Agreed - split second makes a huge difference. Don't recall watching a game last year that I felt like gave the DL an advantage....don't think NDSU is so good that they'll be able to pick up on something that no team was able to pick up on last year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 24th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Agreed - split second makes a huge difference. Don't recall watching a game last year that I felt like gave the DL an advantage....don't think NDSU is so good that they'll be able to pick up on something that no team was able to pick up on last year.

xrolleyesx

Going to be tough when you cannot hear!

clenz
August 24th, 2016, 06:43 PM
xrolleyesx

[/B]Going to be tough when you cannot hear!

That was my initial reaction as well, honestly.

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2016, 08:41 PM

Which team is the one that's used to the 'Dome noise and has watched multiple teams use this clap?

Yes you may do it differently, but our defense is very well coached, and knows how to use our crowd to our advantage. I'll hangup and watch on Saturday while I'm yelling my lungs out.

CSU18
August 24th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Which team is the one that's used to the 'Dome noise and has watched multiple teams use this clap?

Yes you may do it differently, but our defense is very well coached, and knows how to use our crowd to our advantage. I'll hangup and watch on Saturday while I'm yelling my lungs out.

My apologies......I forgot the Fargo Dome is the loudest stadium in the country.

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2016, 08:45 PM
My apologies......I forgot the Fargo Dome is the loudest stadium in the country.
Wish you'd be there. Really do. All I can say is you have to experience it....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CSU18
August 24th, 2016, 08:48 PM

Wish I could too. I'm sure it's a great atmosphere, and hopefully one day I will experience it.

The Yo Show
August 24th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Since it will be on ESPN, you will be able to hear how loud it is even on the TV broadcast. Should give some idea of how loud it is. I've never been there, will want to go at least once maybe in the next year or so if I can (probably cant this year), but I've seen YSU play them on TV before. Even the TV broadcast has it loud.

thebootfitter
August 24th, 2016, 09:12 PM

Not taking anything away from the Fargodome because it is an amazing environment. But for pure volume of noise, I am pretty confident Montana was louder for much of the game than I've ever heard the dome. Granted, I wasn't at the Georgia Southern game in '11 or '12.

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Not taking anything away from the Fargodome because it is an amazing environment. But for pure volume of noise, I am pretty confident Montana was louder for much of the game than I've ever heard the dome. Granted, I wasn't at the Georgia Southern game in '11 or '12.

Montana was equivalent probably, and I was @ all those games you mentioned.

thebootfitter
August 24th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Montana was equivalent probably, and I was @ all those games you mentioned.
And actually, now that I think about it, I haven't been back for any close games in the dome at all. So that probably makes me biased.

Matt
August 25th, 2016, 11:11 AM
The point spread could be 27.5 and i would take the Bison.

Speaking from experience. And yeah, take NDSU -16.5 and then bet your house.

UNIFanSince1983
August 25th, 2016, 11:17 AM
As a pure FCS fan I certainly hope it is a much better game than what the spread currently is.

BisonBacker
August 25th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I give the CSU posters much credit. It could easily get ugly in this or any thread talking about this game when most posters (not just NDSU posters) are clearly picking a drubbing of your team. I realize most have meant no disrespect either of CSU just it's easy to take that stuff the wrong way. To the CSU posters credit they or he has not. I hope for a good game with no serious injuries to either team. Hope any CSU fans that make the trek to Fargo enjoy the experience Game notwithstanding and understand NDSU fans do have much respect for your team and coaches/AD scheduling this game. NDSU has been a victim of its own success when talking about getting quality games and opponents. I see CSU as a quality opponent as do the vast majority of NDSU fans.

Looking forward to the game and of course a NDSU win xthumbsupx

gumby013
August 25th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Odd...the game now appears to be off the board on 5Dimes.

Bisonator
August 25th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Odd...the game now appears to be off the board on 5Dimes.

We broke it. :D

ysubigred
August 25th, 2016, 12:08 PM
CSU wins by 9 in a upset xdrunkyx

j.k.

NDSU covers plus 10.xnodx

IBleedYellow
August 25th, 2016, 12:15 PM
I give the CSU posters much credit. It could easily get ugly in this or any thread talking about this game when most posters (not just NDSU posters) are clearly picking a drubbing of your team. I realize most have meant no disrespect either of CSU just it's easy to take that stuff the wrong way. To the CSU posters credit they or he has not. I hope for a good game with no serious injuries to either team. Hope any CSU fans that make the trek to Fargo enjoy the experience Game notwithstanding and understand NDSU fans do have much respect for your team and coaches/AD scheduling this game. NDSU has been a victim of its own success when talking about getting quality games and opponents. I see CSU as a quality opponent as do the vast majority of NDSU fans.

Pretty sure this is how all of us NDSU fans feel!

Twentysix
August 25th, 2016, 01:42 PM
CSU is definetly a quality opponent. Good on them for taking the game and I hope they have a great season after the first game.

CSU18
August 25th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the well wishes - definitely want to see a clean game with no serious injuries as well. Never for one minute said or thought this was going to be an easy outing for CSU. But like I said before, what kind of fan/alum would I be I I didn't think we could win the game (let alone cover the spread). I honestly in my heart of hearts think a lot of people will have a different opinion about CSU after Saturday night. And as mentioned by others - at least we have the balls to take the game and see how we stack up against the standard of FCS football.

gumby013
August 25th, 2016, 02:28 PM
It's back up on 5Dimes under the regular college football section. -18.5

UNIFanSince1983
August 25th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the well wishes - definitely want to see a clean game with no serious injuries as well. Never for one minute said or thought this was going to be an easy outing for CSU. But like I said before, what kind of fan/alum would I be I I didn't think we could win the game (let alone cover the spread). I honestly in my heart of hearts think a lot of people will have a different opinion about CSU after Saturday night. And as mentioned by others - at least we have the balls to take the game and see how we stack up against the standard of FCS football.

I think everyone outside of Fargo is hoping for a great game. We need it to be a great game, and a great showcase for the FCS just like last year's season opener in Missoula. Only time that FCS is the only show in town so we gotta make it a good show! Hopefully the Bucs prove some people wrong.

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2016, 03:15 PM
I think everyone outside of Fargo is hoping for a great game. We need it to be a great game, and a great showcase for the FCS just like last year's season opener in Missoula. Only time that FCS is the only show in town so we gotta make it a good show! Hopefully the Bucs prove some people wrong.

Absolutely! I got a case of beer on this! Go Bucs!

CSU18
August 25th, 2016, 03:45 PM

Hopefully after the game Saturday night you can enjoy a celebratory case of beer.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2016, 03:46 PM

Hey there will be none of that. You know you want the Bison to win so you can fill my fridge up with beer. :D

CSU18
August 25th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Other than the raising of the NC banner, new video boards and honoring a NDSU legend, does NDSU have anything new in store for the season - alternate helmets or uniforms?

Thumper 76
August 25th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Hopefully after the game Saturday night you can enjoy a celebratory case of beer.
I hope you Baptists understand the seriousness of the situation. I hold grudges :D

Hey there will be none of that. You know you want the Bison to win so you can fill my fridge up with beer. :D

They can win, just make it like 27-10, that would be perfect. Preferably by a late 4th quarter TD by CSU would be epic xlolx

CSU18
August 25th, 2016, 03:56 PM
They can win, just make it like 27-10, that would be perfect. Preferably by a late 4th quarter TD by CSU would be epic xlolx

I'm hoping you win this one by way more than the hook. Any golf fans probably remember Ben Crenshaw as the Captain of the US Ryder Cup team going into the final day - "I got a really good feeling about this one"

POD Knows
August 25th, 2016, 04:36 PM
I'm hoping you win this one by way more than the hook. Any golf fans probably remember Ben Crenshaw as the Captain of the US Ryder Cup team going into the final day - "I got a really good feeling about this one"

Remember it well, greatest Sunday in Ryder Cup history. Anything can and often times, will happen.

ST_Lawson
August 25th, 2016, 07:04 PM
And as mentioned by others - at least we have the balls to take the game and see how we stack up against the standard of FCS football.

Exactly...you guys have more in your "sack" than most FBS teams. Pretty much all of the G5 teams and a good chunk of the P5 teams would (or have already) chicken out of playing the Bison. I'm rooting for a NDSU win, but you guys have a great team. Much respect to you and your team and good luck in the rest of the season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 25th, 2016, 07:25 PM

Exactly.....well said buddy!!!