PDA

View Full Version : A Different Kind Of Scrimmage Report

SU DOG
August 17th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Our President, Dr. Andy Westmoreland, has a Monday Mission statement issued to all employees of Samford and to any others who subscribe. Day before yesterday, his words in the release were extra interesting to us SU fans. Now, this scenario and others very similar could, and I know does happen at schools all across the country. Unfortunately this story(no mention in any B'ham media) and others like it are hardly ever found in local media reports. While this isn't big time news worthy, still kids have to do something wrong it seems to draw any attention. The players mentioned are our young QB and his roommate. These are the words of Dr. Westmoreland:

"As I was watching the members of our football team in their scrimmage on Saturday morning, I remembered a voicemail message, received a few weeks ago by Martin Newton, our Athletics Director, which Martin forwarded to me. The message was from a local resident and a former collegiate athlete at another university, and he was calling to offer appreciation to Jake Kingree and Devlin Hodges, two Samford football players, for finding his
wallet(with $200 to $300 in it), locating him on Facebook, and returning the lost item to him. He praised Jake and Devlin for "their honesty and integrity," closing the message by saying "I'm a Samford fan now!" Before playing their first game of the season, the members of our team are already winners."

Daytripper
August 17th, 2016, 09:13 AM
That is a cool story.

ASU33
August 17th, 2016, 01:48 PM
xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

Go...gate
August 17th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Well done by those young men.

ngineer
August 17th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Nice to see these stories. Should get more "play", but then it wouldn't be considered "news".

Twentysix
August 17th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Very cool, I was disappointed that Arby's wasn't involved ala the dayton flyers.

Thumper 76
August 17th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Very cool, I was disappointed that Arby's wasn't involved ala the dayton flyers.

Plot twist, they found the wallet in an Arby's