PDA

View Full Version : Ivy FB TV Schedule Announced

Go Green
August 15th, 2016, 11:34 AM
http://ivyleaguesports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/IvyFootball_Enjoys_All-Time_High_Number_of_National_Television_Broadcasts _for_2016_Season

Mark your calendars!

ASU33
August 15th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Nice!

DFW HOYA
August 15th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Penn at Dartmouth is on NBCSN, but nothing for the Harvard game that same evening.

Go Green
August 15th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Penn at Dartmouth is on NBCSN, but nothing for the Harvard game that same evening.

Sorry to disappoint. :)

But Harvard-Georgetown will be available on the Ivy Digital Network!

DFW HOYA
August 15th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Sorry to disappoint. :)

But Harvard-Georgetown will be available on the Ivy Digital Network!

Hoping to get to that game. Have not seen a GU game at Harvard, Brown, or Dartmouth yet.

CHIP72
August 15th, 2016, 06:36 PM
About effing time! I had been fruitlessly checking Penn's schedule for weeks to get details on start times for their games to see if/when I might attend a Quakers game this year. (The odds aren't so hot right now unless the 10/29 Cincinnati/Temple game is a night game or I decide to spend a whole weekend in Philadelphia from Friday 11/11 to Sunday 11/13; in that latter case I'd probably see Harvard/Penn on 11/11, James Madison/Villanova on 11/12, and Falcons/Eagles on 11/13, plus possibly a college basketball game in Philadelphia or a Devils NHL game in Newark in the late afternoon or evening on 11/12.)

Good to see the Ivy League get a pretty good amount of coverage, and for Penn to get 6 nationally-televised games (3 NBCSN, 1 ASN, 1 Fox College Sports, 1 ONE World Sports).

Incidentally, I had no idea what the ONE World Sports Network was, and I still have no idea where I might find it on the dial. I had never heard of that network until I read Penn's press release on their televised games a short time ago.

CHIP72
August 15th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Hoping to get to that game. Have not seen a GU game at Harvard, Brown, or Dartmouth yet.

FWIW, to my knowledge the Ivy League's game streams aren't free.

Go Green
August 15th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Incidentally, I had no idea what the ONE World Sports Network was, and I still have no idea where I might find it on the dial. I had never heard of that network until I read Penn's press release on their televised games a short time ago.

Me neither--and I've been paying for it! It's carried by my provider. :)

CHIP72
August 15th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Me neither--and I've been paying for it! It's carried by my provider. :)

I have it as well - Channel 597 on Verizon FiOS. Woo hoo!

Go Green
August 16th, 2016, 07:49 AM
I have it as well - Channel 597 on Verizon FiOS. Woo hoo!

A guy on the Ivy board says that One World Sports is extremely low budget, and probably will just give the feed from the Ivy League Digital Network.

So keep expectations in check. The good news is that Verizon Fios is very wide-reaching.

Ivytalk
August 18th, 2016, 06:21 AM
About effing time! I had been fruitlessly checking Penn's schedule for weeks to get details on start times for their games to see if/when I might attend a Quakers game this year. (The odds aren't so hot right now unless the 10/29 Cincinnati/Temple game is a night game or I decide to spend a whole weekend in Philadelphia from Friday 11/11 to Sunday 11/13; in that latter case I'd probably see Harvard/Penn on 11/11, James Madison/Villanova on 11/12, and Falcons/Eagles on 11/13, plus possibly a college basketball game in Philadelphia or a Devils NHL game in Newark in the late afternoon or evening on 11/12.)

Good to see the Ivy League get a pretty good amount of coverage, and for Penn to get 6 nationally-televised games (3 NBCSN, 1 ASN, 1 Fox College Sports, 1 ONE World Sports).

Second prize: TWO weekends in Philadelphia!;)

CHIP72
August 18th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Second prize: TWO weekends in Philadelphia!;)

Actually it will be part of at least 4 weekends, because there will be 2 and possibly 3 Eagles games in there.

Beats staying in Boston BTW. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk