PDA

View Full Version : Duck, Duck, In-State Cash

VikingPSU
August 13th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Oregon will host Portland State at Autzen Stadium in Eugene on Sept. 8, 2018. The Vikings will receive a $550,000 guarantee for playing the game, according to a copy of the contract obtained from Oregon via a public records request. Oregon and Portland State have squared off four times, most recently in 2010. The Ducks blanked the Vikings 69-0 in that game to extend their overall series lead to 4-0.

BEAR
August 13th, 2016, 09:03 PM
In state games....never heard of in Arkansas.

ASU33
August 13th, 2016, 09:11 PM

Damn Razorbacks!

Schism55
August 13th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Congrats PSU. Beat the Ducks!

Grizalltheway
August 13th, 2016, 10:51 PM
DuckDuckGriz. Where is that guy?

PantherRob82
August 14th, 2016, 02:10 PM

They played Missouri State I think. That's close. :)

ASU33
August 14th, 2016, 05:47 PM

Don't you guys play Arkansas State this year?

gumby013
August 14th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Gray Duck!

Thumper 76
August 15th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Gray Duck!

****ing Minnesotans smh xlolx

Evolution Prime
August 15th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Gray Duck!

This guy knows how its played!

IBleedYellow
August 15th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Gray Duck!

Don't make me disown you...

- - - Updated - - -

It's GOOSE for everyone else in the Country, minus the idiots that are Minnesotans.

UNIFanSince1983
August 15th, 2016, 10:16 AM
It's GOOSE for everyone else in the Country, minus the idiots that are Minnesotans.

I honestly had to google Gray Duck to figure out what you guys were talking about. Had ZERO clue that it was Duck, Duck, Gray Duck instead of Goose ANYWHERE. Always played Duck, Duck, Goose.

IBleedYellow
August 15th, 2016, 10:19 AM
I honestly had to google Gray Duck to figure out what you guys were talking about. Had ZERO clue that it was Duck, Duck, Gray Duck instead of Goose ANYWHERE. Always played Duck, Duck, Goose.

Exactly.

Thumper 76
August 15th, 2016, 10:21 AM
the idiots that are Minnesotans.
That's kinda redundant isn't it? :D xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2016, 06:13 PM

I heard about this about 6 months ago on a radio show I listen to which has a kid from MN on it and was finding this crap hard to believe that one state would do something like this.

There is something really wrong there. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Don't make me disown you...

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, shoulda flipped the page but that is one of those things I heard and just thought "Oh, those poor dumb SOB's".

I meant to start a thread on it back when but just forgot to.

dgtw
August 15th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Always called it goose in Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
August 15th, 2016, 08:18 PM
I heard about this about 6 months ago on a radio show I listen to which has a kid from MN on it and was finding this crap hard to believe that one state would do something like this.

There is something really wrong there. xlolx

This was a hotly discussed topic at SDSU for a while when I was there. We quizzed everyone who walked in and there was no grey area. It didn't matter if you were one mile inside MN, you said grey duck, and vice versa. It's amazing.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2016, 09:44 PM
This was a hotly discussed topic at SDSU for a while when I was there. We quizzed everyone who walked in and there was no grey area. It didn't matter if you were one mile inside MN, you said grey duck, and vice versa. It's amazing.

Yes, that is one of the oddest things I've heard of. I know there are regional things but this appears to just be something that f's with the mind when you cross that border.

The origin of this has to be something amazingly dumb. A ditzy woman learned the game and once she got back to MN she couldn't remember "Goose" so she just said "Grey Duck" or something like that.

Bless their hearts.

Bisonoline
August 15th, 2016, 11:00 PM
****ing Minnesotans smh xlolx

Never heard of grey duck till today. Weird.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Never heard of grey duck till today. Weird.

Say "Duck, Duck" to a native and see what they say Oline.

Bisonoline
August 16th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Say "Duck, Duck" to a native and see what they say Oline.

Hey we just moved here. I dont think I would be getting off on the right foot by going around saying duck duck if you know what I mean.:D

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2016, 12:18 AM
Hey we just moved here. I dont think I would be getting off on the right foot by going around saying duck duck if you know what I mean.:D

It looks neighborly if you do it while swinging your fists. The Juicy Lucy's love it.

clenz
August 16th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Becuase of where I grew up, the proximity to Minnesota, our school disctrict actually over lapped into Minnesota by a small distance. My house was <10 miles straight line from the boarder. The other town in our district was 3 miles from the boarder. Because of this there was a small overlap of Minnesota kids being in our district. Ellsworth, MN is about .75 mile north of the boarder. A girl I graduated with had a Minnesota address but was in our school district and I think maybe had an Iowa drivers license with a Minnesota address and Iowa plates on her car. I think she lived about 150 feet into Minnesota....maybe 200, maybe. Anyway, she refused to say anything but grey duck. She was blown away by calling it "goose". 200 feet while going to school in Iowa and she was confused by goose.

My dad grew up in Lismore, MN. Went to school in Adrian, MN. Went to the drive-in movie theater in Luvurne, MN. Spent time partying (remember, he was a teen in the 60s and 20s in the 70s) in Leota, Edgerton, Kanaranzi and Wilmont. I still have family (that I don't really know and haven't seen in decades) in that same area. For those outside of the area that's just north of Kanaranzi is the SW corner of those towns, all within a few miles of Kanaranzi. The slang my dad uses/knows blows my mind. The worst part of it? I think part of the Minnesota accent/slowness of speech is genetic. My wife makes fun of me for the way I say certain words - mostly works with a hard O sound...like mostly, Minnesota, etc... tHE

I've been out of the area for a decade, and I'm slowly moving past it...but my wife still loves to make me say Minnesota just to laugh at me.

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/1111111111_zpsncifxizt.png

Twentysix
August 16th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Becuase of where I grew up, the proximity to Minnesota, our school disctrict actually over lapped into Minnesota by a small distance. My house was <10 miles straight line from the boarder. The other town in our district was 3 miles from the boarder. Because of this there was a small overlap of Minnesota kids being in our district. Ellsworth, MN is about .75 mile north of the boarder. A girl I graduated with had a Minnesota address but was in our school district and I think maybe had an Iowa drivers license with a Minnesota address and Iowa plates on her car. I think she lived about 150 feet into Minnesota....maybe 200, maybe. Anyway, she refused to say anything but grey duck. She was blown away by calling it "goose". 200 feet while going to school in Iowa and she was confused by goose.

My dad grew up in Lismore, MN. Went to school in Adrian, MN. Went to the drive-in movie theater in Luvurne, MN. Spent time partying (remember, he was a teen in the 60s and 20s in the 70s) in Leota, Edgerton, Kanaranzi and Wilmont. I still have family (that I don't really know and haven't seen in decades) in that same area. For those outside of the area that's just north of Kanaranzi is the SW corner of those towns, all within a few miles of Kanaranzi. The slang my dad uses/knows blows my mind. The worst part of it? I think part of the Minnesota accent/slowness of speech is genetic. My wife makes fun of me for the way I say certain words - mostly works with a hard O sound...like mostly, Minnesota, etc... tHE

I've been out of the area for a decade, and I'm slowly moving past it...but my wife still loves to make me say Minnesota just to laugh at me.

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/1111111111_zpsncifxizt.png

The whole area says the word "Bag" like idiots.

In Minnesota (and most of ND sadly) you put your groceries in a beg, and your dog begs.

The hilarious part is that most Minnesotans are concious of the weird o, but they can't even hear themselves say bag all ****ing minnesotafied.