PDA

View Full Version : This is Griz Nation

Ronbo
December 23rd, 2006, 09:22 PM
Here is the video that they play just before the players enter the stadium. It's finally been posted at the UM site.

http://admissions.umt.edu/galleryplayer.aspx?URL=/resources/video/asx/UMGrizNation.asx

Here is another that also captures the game day experience.

http://admissions.umt.edu/galleryplayer.aspx?URL=/resources/video/asx/GameDay.asx

Sir William
December 23rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Really nice! :bow:

aggie6thman
December 23rd, 2006, 09:52 PM
You guys have some pretty good lookin' cheerleaders.

GAD
December 23rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
KOOL really makes you want to go hit somebody! (in football terms)

Mountaineer#96
December 23rd, 2006, 10:06 PM
dance teams make me :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

patssle
December 23rd, 2006, 11:35 PM
only thing I'd do different is put some crowd noise into the gameday experience video. thats part of the expereience ;)

AZGrizFan
December 24th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Here is the video that they play just before the players enter the stadium. It's finally been posted at the UM site.

http://admissions.umt.edu/galleryplayer.aspx?URL=/resources/video/asx/UMGrizNation.asx

Here is another that also captures the game day experience.

http://admissions.umt.edu/galleryplayer.aspx?URL=/resources/video/asx/GameDay.asx

Great videos ronbo. Got any pics of the stadium? :D :D :D

appisgreatest
December 24th, 2006, 08:15 AM
You guys have some pretty good lookin' cheerleaders.

I second that

Ronbo
December 24th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Great videos ronbo. Got any pics of the stadium? :D :D :D

Why yes I do. Taken the night of the UMass game.

http://egriz.ecrater.com/15378/4580f5f053490_15378b.jpg

PantherRob82
December 24th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Nothing like Wash-Griz at night. My uncle hiked up to the M before the 2004 game against SHSU and sent me a lot of pictures.

Mountain Panther
December 24th, 2006, 11:19 AM
That video got me so pumped, I just head-butted my dog (while a guitar wailed in the background).

http://www.realultimatepower.net/

GAD
December 24th, 2006, 01:28 PM
That video got me so pumped, I just head-butted my dog (while a guitar wailed in the background).

http://www.realultimatepower.net/
Is the dog OK?

Mountain Panther
December 24th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Is the dog OK?

No she exploded on impact. Oops.

GAD
December 24th, 2006, 02:55 PM
UH-OH expect a call from PETA lol

spoogemcgee18
December 24th, 2006, 04:55 PM
An old buddy of mine is transfering to Montana to try and walk on. After watching that video, I can see why.

December 24th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Here is the video that they play just before the players enter the stadium. ... Here is another that also captures the game day experience.Why are they nearly the same footage? :confused:

Ronbo
December 24th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Why are they nearly the same footage? :confused:

I doubt that the first one is footage of the 2006 team and the second is 2005 footage with Lex Hilliard. You don't know our players very well.

Proud Griz Man
December 24th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Why are they nearly the same footage? :confused:

Dude, why the criticism????? Cummonnn, Are they not great videos? :eyebrow:

NDSUFREAK
December 24th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Why yes I do. Taken the night of the UMass game.

http://egriz.ecrater.com/15378/4580f5f053490_15378b.jpg

great, another one.xlolx

I wish that NDSU would put their football intro on the internet because that sure gives me goose bumps when I see it. Especially when you hear the students exploding with the "LET'S GO BISON!!" chant.
How many days until kick-off??

Grizo406
December 24th, 2006, 11:58 PM
great, another one.xlolx

So, what do you think looks better at night? An inside dome shot, or an outside pic?

December 25th, 2006, 12:01 AM
You Griz fans are too touchy. Look at the two videos. They share a lot of the EXACT SAME footage. That's all I was asking about. I did not criticize a thing. Ronbo, I know Griz players (did you see our 2006 preview mag with Lex on the cover or Ochs on the cover in 2004? did you listen to me interview Lex on WAVES?)... no need to smack me. I have been at the Big Sky Media Days for years. Sometimes fans are the program's worst enemies.

MTGrizzFan
December 25th, 2006, 12:08 AM
You Griz fans are too touchy. Look at the two videos. They share a lot of the EXACT SAME footage. That's all I was asking about. I did not criticize a thing. Ronbo, I know Griz players (did you see our 2006 preview mag with Lex on the cover or Ochs on the cover in 2004? did you listen to me interview Lex on WAVES?)... no need to smack me. I have been at the Big Sky Media Days for years. Sometimes fans are the program's worst enemies.

not our fans

NDSUFREAK
December 25th, 2006, 12:11 AM
So, what do you think looks better at night? An inside dome shot, or an outside pic?

dont worry, just a little sarcasm. i'll take outside pic anytime, but just not another pic of Wa-Griz.xlolx :rolleyes: (again, just playin with you guys)

NDSUFREAK
December 25th, 2006, 12:12 AM

Yeah, I saw some of the same footage as well.

December 25th, 2006, 12:16 AM
... You don't know our players very well.So CSN doesn't know about the Griz huh? http://iaawaves.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=111536 http://www.collegesportingnews.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=986 http://www.i-aa.org/section_front.asp?arttypeid=740 http://www.i-aa.org/carchive.asp?oby=d&event=search&schools=1156

mistersykes
December 25th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I liked the vids. You really got a great program going up there.

WyomingGrizFan
December 25th, 2006, 03:03 AM
The first type of these presentations I saw was during a television broadcast, 'Game Day.' Nice to see that there are more to savor. It would be a good 'Intro' right before the live game.

Ronbo
December 25th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Look at the two videos. They share a lot of the EXACT SAME footage.

Better watch them again. Shot by totally different firms. The first one, Griz Nation was done by a company that also does work for NFL films. The second one was done in 2005 by a firm in Missoula. I don't know how a video done in 2005 could have 2006 footage. Could be that our game day is always a huge event and you can't tell one game or one year from another. They are all huge, packed, and exciting.

I just looked at them again and Griz Nation was shot entirely during the 2006 SDSU game and Game Day was shot entirely during the 2005 Weber State game with Jason Washington at QB and Lex at running back. There is a clip where Bergquist gets in late in that game. Nope, the two videos are totally different game days. You won't find one duplicate film clip in either of the two vids.

December 25th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Better watch them again. ... the two videos are totally different game days. You won't find one duplicate film clip in either of the two vids.I am talking about the two clips labeled "Griz Nation" and "Game Day." I see you are referring to "Griz Nation" and "Game Day 2."

Ronbo
December 25th, 2006, 03:23 PM
I'm referring to the two I posted. Aren't those the two the entire thread is about? The Game Day video which I did not post is a shortened version of Griz Nation that runs as a TV commercial. It is entirely cut from Griz Nation but is 30 seconds for use on TV. It was posted here a couple months ago. Why did you post this when the two videos I posted were completely different. Trying to stir things up?

Why are they nearly the same footage?

December 25th, 2006, 05:45 PM
... Why did you post this when the two videos I posted were completely different...Calm down Ronbo. I CLICKED ON YOUR FIRST LINK and it opened the movie page. Your second link said GameDay.asx so I clicked on the "Game Day" movie instead of opening a new window with your second link. Like I SAID, I just asked a question. YOU flew off the HANDLE. I explained how I mixed it up. YOU asked if I WAS trying to stir things up. : smh : Put down the koolaid and relax. GEEZ

GOKATS
December 25th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Calm down Ronbo. I CLICKED ON YOUR FIRST LINK and it opened the movie page. Your second link said GameDay.asx so I clicked on the "Game Day" movie instead of opening a new window with your second link. Like I SAID, I just asked a question. YOU flew off the HANDLE. I explained how I mixed it up. YOU asked if I WAS trying to stir things up. : smh : Put down the koolaid and relax. GEEZ

ronbo is a grizidiot!!!! Just go to egriz (or AGS) for proof.

Merry Christmas!!

MTGrizzFan
December 25th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I liked the vids. You really got a great program going up there.

thanks and from what i'v seen you guys have a great program there too

Proud Griz Man
December 25th, 2006, 07:36 PM

Cummonn Mr. Wallace, Are they not Great videos? I would have guessed that you would respect a small school for getting those videos done.

December 25th, 2006, 07:43 PM
... I would have guessed that you would respect a small school for getting those videos done.Who said I didn't? GEEZ xcoffeex

Ronbo
December 25th, 2006, 08:04 PM
You might do better if you didn't post Ralph. I used to donate to this board. Used to.

December 25th, 2006, 08:36 PM
ronbo is a grizidiot!!!! Just go to egriz (or AGS) for proof.
Merry Christmas!!I would not say idiot. Just an over-the-top koolaid enhanced Griz fanatic who likes to smack anyone who doesn't drink the koolaid with him. I agree people on egriz know it and so do the people here.

December 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
You might do better if you didn't post Ralph. I used to donate to this board. Used to.:rolleyes:

IMO you need to relax and answer simple questions without taking potshots.

As for donating, do or don't. I don't get a cent from it, we are a community and all donations support it. If you don't support it that is your perogative. I see by the fact of no donor bar you haven't donated this year ...

elkmcc
December 25th, 2006, 09:14 PM
I would not say idiot. Just an over-the-top koolaid enhanced Griz fanatic who likes to smack anyone who doesn't drink the koolaid with him. I agree people on egriz know it and so do the people here.

Those koolaid analogies are a bit too reminiscent of Jim Jones and Jonestown for me. I'm sure this was unintentional Ralph but I could almost make the stretch. Ronbo may be homer challenged but in his defense he is no lunatic. One thing I have come to understand is that Ralph knows how to push Ronbo's buttons.:smiley_wi I also think he learned a lot of it from me.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

December 25th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Those koolaid analogies are a bit too reminiscent of Jim Jones and Jonestown for me...Koolaid comes from tailgaters who make alcoholic punch in the color of their team's uniforms. Drinking the koolaid is another way of saying homer or seeing the world through the team's colors. :nod: Nothing to do with murder or lunatic : smh : and more to do with fanatic. :nod:

BTW, I really liked the Monte films they show at Wash/Griz stadium. Any links?

appfan2008
December 25th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Really nice videos...

Can anyone post the ASU pregame video... that one is pretty nice also

WyomingGrizFan
December 25th, 2006, 10:33 PM
BTW, I really liked the Monte films they show at Wash/Griz stadium. Any links?

I believe the videos may be viewed at the following link: http://www.MontanaGrizzlies.com/content/boosters/monte.htm

Towards the middle of the scroll is a video entitled 'Monte Highlite Video' that I think was used to promote the Capital One/ESPN Mascot entry.

WyomingGrizFan
December 25th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Besides, I heard that it was a company called Chisel Industries out of Bozeman that did all of the universities new television advertising. Ironically, the company is owned & operated by MSU graduates.

http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/viewtopic.php?t=20826&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

patssle
December 26th, 2006, 12:11 AM
so ya'll outsource your video stuff. must get expensive.

GRZZ
December 26th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I doubt that there are very many schools that produce there own ads, so most are paying someone. I'm proud that it is a Montana company doing it.

mvemjsunpx
December 27th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by patssle
so ya'll outsource your video stuff. must get expensive.

I'd hardly call paying a company 3 hours away in the same state outsourcing.

AZGrizFan
December 27th, 2006, 09:05 AM
I'd hardly call paying a company 3 hours away in the same state outsourcing.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What? So if it's not being done by some Indian (dot) guy, then it's not considered outsourcing?

Take an Econ class, son. :read: :read: :read: :read: :read:

mvemjsunpx
December 27th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by AZGrizFan

What? So if it's not being done by some Indian (dot) guy, then it's not considered outsourcing?

Take an Econ class, son.

You're technically correct, but I doubt very many people think of it that way (I did take Intro to Macroeconomics @ UM, but I forgot that definition or it wasn't explained clearly).

PantherRob82
December 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
No more talk of outsourcing or economics. Otherwise Mod22 will move this thread to the economics board.;)

patssle
December 27th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I doubt that there are very many schools that produce there own ads, so most are paying someone. I'm proud that it is a Montana company doing it.

yeah thats true. I know SHSU is one of the only schools in Texas and the SLC that dosn't outsource.

GOKATS
December 27th, 2006, 08:36 PM
No more talk of outsourcing or economics. Otherwise Mod22 will move this thread to the economics board.;)

I'll gladly talk more about 'outsourcing' and 'economics' if it will get this thread moved to anywhere but here.:smiley_wi

GRZZ
December 27th, 2006, 09:04 PM
yeah thats true. I know SHSU is one of the only schools in Texas and the SLC that dosn't outsource.

Do you guys have a good media program at SHSU? Are they the ones that make the adds, or is your marketing department really deep? That impresses me.

patssle
December 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Do you guys have a good media program at SHSU? Are they the ones that make the adds, or is your marketing department really deep? That impresses me.

I need to correct myself. All of our athletic spots are done in-house. Our university spots are out-sourced -- which is a tragedy because due to state law, they go to the lowest bidder...which is why every SLC's school advertisement is pretty bad (at least the ones I've seen--TSUSM/SFA/SHSU).

All the videoboard videos and athletics spots are in-house by people from the RTV/MCM program. We 'had' the best program in the state, unfortently it was recently destroyed by higher-ups. The athletic department is going to have a tougher time finding qualified folks...