July 19th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Discuss. Should be a fun year.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2016/7/12/FB_0712161745.aspx

BadlandsGrizFan
July 19th, 2016, 10:42 AM
We all know Northern Arizona always ****s the bed.....lets be real

slostang
July 19th, 2016, 02:29 PM
I think Cal Poly will surprise people this year. Had a bad 2015, but went 17-7 in conference the previous 3 seasons. I would be surprised if they finish 2016 in the bottom half of the conference.

mvemjsunpx
July 19th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I think Cal Poly will surprise people this year.

I don't. Aside from the rushing attack, they don't seem to have much going for them. And even the rushing attack takes a hit with Brown gone.

mvemjsunpx
July 19th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Discuss. Should be a fun year.

Yup. No clear-cut favorite and a lot of good-but-not-great teams.

Bisonator
July 19th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Didn't the media and other coaches hear about UND being mad and lifting and stuff???xlolx

F'N Hawks
July 19th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Didn't the media and other coaches hear about UND being mad and lifting and stuff???xlolx

There was a memo sent out about that schtick a week ago. Dig through your 'important' box.

slostang
July 19th, 2016, 03:31 PM
If Dano Graves stays healthy Cal Poly's offense will be tougher to stop in 2016. Dano does not have the top end speed of Brown, but he is far quicker and is a better passer. Stack the box and he will burn the defense with the pass. Brown had a stronger arm, but nowhere near as accurate.

mvemjsunpx
July 19th, 2016, 04:12 PM
If Dano Graves stays healthy Cal Poly's offense will be tougher to stop in 2016. Dano does not have the top end speed of Brown, but he is far quicker and is a better passer. Stack the box and he will burn the defense with the pass. Brown had a stronger arm, but nowhere near as accurate.

Really? Graves didn't even play last year, and his stats prior to that weren't exactly impressive. I guess he could be decent, but even that possibility doesn't address the defense & special teams issues the Mustangs have.

geaux_sioux
July 19th, 2016, 04:17 PM
I was pretty impressed with Poly last season. Best athletes in the Big Sky for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do far better this year.

WTFCollegefootballfan
July 19th, 2016, 05:01 PM

xhurrayxxlmaox

clenz
July 19th, 2016, 05:20 PM
I was pretty impressed with Poly last season. Best athletes in the Big Sky for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do far better this year.

That impressed you? They were a joke against UNI. Were worse than USD and it wasn't close.

geaux_sioux
July 19th, 2016, 05:27 PM
That impressed you? They were a joke against UNI. Were worse than USD and it wasn't close.
I was impressed with the level of athlete they had. We mopped the floor with them on the road so it's not like I'm touting them as world beaters but like I said, they had a ton of really good athletes.

Grizcountry420
July 19th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I think Cal Poly will surprise people this year. Had a bad 2015, but went 17-7 in conference the previous 3 seasons. I would be surprised if they finish 2016 in the bottom half of the conference.

Didn't Cal Poly just lose their Offensive Coordinator to New Mexico?

Schism55
July 19th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Let the scoreboard pinball begin!
What a wide open race. Pains me to say it but I think the Sioux get it done this year.

Nodak78
July 19th, 2016, 06:52 PM
#leavenodoubt

Grizalltheway
July 19th, 2016, 06:57 PM
It's too bad we don't play the school formerly known as Sioux this year. That could be a very un-Big-Sky-like slobber knocker. Maybe in the postseason.

Nodak78
July 19th, 2016, 07:10 PM
It's too bad we don't play the school formerly known as Sioux this year. That could be a very un-Big-Sky-like slobber knocker. Maybe in the postseason.

That would be great.

slostang
July 19th, 2016, 07:30 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22938&stc=1
Really? Graves didn't even play last year, and his stats prior to that weren't exactly impressive. I guess he could be decent, but even that possibility doesn't address the defense & special teams issues the Mustangs have.
In 2013 Graves and Brown split starts because both were fighting injuries. Graves first game as a starter in 2013 he was 13 of 16 for 169 yards and 3 TDs passing and he rushed 17 times for 116 yards against Weber State. The next week he was leading Cal Poly to an upset over Montana when he took a vicious hit and tweeked his knee and ankle. He played the rest of the games and in two other games, but he was not same. He could not cut on it or step into throws. Brown finished the season strong and that gave him the starting job going into 2014. Graves red shirted in 2015 so he could start this year. If healthy (which might be tough because of his size) Dano is a phenomenal athlete and QB.

slostang
July 19th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Our defense was a joke. It will be much improved in 2016.

geaux_sioux
July 19th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Our defense was a joke. It will be much improved in 2016.
Why was your defense a joke? Injuries? What's bringing the improvement for this year?

slostang
July 19th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Why was your defense a joke? Injuries? What's bringing the improvement for this year?Lost our top two players. One to injury (CB Chris Fletcher) and one to academics (DE/LB Josh Letuligasenoa - 2015 preseason All-American). Fletcher graduated, but Letuligasenoa will be back. Former Cal Poly DC Payam Saadat is back coaching the DL and we are switching to the 3-4 he ran at Cal Poly that produced 3 straight Buchanan winners (Beck, Gocong and Shotwell). We were thin in the secondary and appear to be improved and deeper there this year. 6 of the starting front 7 are 5th year seniors.

siouxfan512
July 21st, 2016, 09:13 AM

There was something about a chip on someone's shoulder .... I stopped reading and grabbed some Doritos :)