PDA

View Full Version : Fordham TE Phazahn Odom

jmufan999
July 8th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Someone I follow on Twitter (Scott Wright - @DraftCountdown) gave a lot of love for this kid. i'd be lying if i said i knew anything about him, but this guy usually is rational and seems to know what he's talking about. not sure if he's a former scout, but if not, he does a great job of pretending. i'm not Twitter-savvy enough to post screenshots of the actual tweets, but here's what he said:

1st tweet: When you watch a prospect you don't know much about for the first time and like what you see. (GIF of MJ eating popcorn in the Thriller video)

2nd tweet: I'm intrigued by Fordham TE Phazahn Odom (@SwaePhae). 6'8", 245, 4.75. 37 rec, 492 yds (13.3 avg) & 7 TD in 2015.

he then posted a youtube link. thought you Fordham fans might want to know about the shout out. this isn't one of those guys that posts about someone every 5 seconds. if he posts, i trust that the kid has a very bright future.

smallcollegefbfan
July 9th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Someone I follow on Twitter (Scott Wright - @DraftCountdown) gave a lot of love for this kid. i'd be lying if i said i knew anything about him, but this guy usually is rational and seems to know what he's talking about. not sure if he's a former scout, but if not, he does a great job of pretending. i'm not Twitter-savvy enough to post screenshots of the actual tweets, but here's what he said:

1st tweet: When you watch a prospect you don't know much about for the first time and like what you see. (GIF of MJ eating popcorn in the Thriller video)

2nd tweet: I'm intrigued by Fordham TE Phazahn Odom (@SwaePhae). 6'8", 245, 4.75. 37 rec, 492 yds (13.3 avg) & 7 TD in 2015.

he then posted a youtube link. thought you Fordham fans might want to know about the shout out. this isn't one of those guys that posts about someone every 5 seconds. if he posts, i trust that the kid has a very bright future.

Odom has a shot to really rise up boards. I have him as a PFA but he could move up as high as the 4th or 5th round for sure. Odom needs a big senior year and needs a lot of development but he is athletic and the upside is certainly there. I remember him flashing back in 2014 when he was a backup to All-American Dan Light.

Odom measured 6077, 237 and was estimated as a 4.70 in the 40 by scouts. Some have him as a PFA while others have him as a 6th-7th round type already.

Scott does a pretty good job. He is not on Twitter trying to call himself a scout and is a wannabe like much of these websites out there who do nothing more than just recruit for agents and pretend they know what they are talking about but really don't. DC is one of the few draft websites that the person doing the rankings actually tries to watch film on everyone and do their homework.

Fordham
July 11th, 2016, 01:19 PM
His measurables are certainly NFL like. His athleticism is tremendous as well. If he can improve his blocking and, especially, his hands, he'll have a shot at getting drafted. Otherwise, he'll get a shot but won't get drafted. Supposed to be a great kid fwiw.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 11th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Odom is someone I've had my eye on for a while. You don't see many legit 6'8 TEs in all of college football. Lehigh's best in the last decade, Adam Bergen, was listed when he played at Lehigh at 6'6 (I think) but when he was on the Arizona Cardinals he was listed as 6'4.

My thought on him all along is that he was a very raw talent. Last year you really saw him start to get things together and be a huge weapon in the red zone, I think.

Agree 100% with Fordham, if he can bulk up a tiny bit more and improve his blocking, he's got a shot at the NFL.