PDA

View Full Version : Six Teams In 2016 That Might End The NDSU Reign

SU DOG
July 5th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Athlon list these 6 beginning with Jacksonville State.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/6-fcs-teams-could-end-north-dakota-states-national-title-run-2016#2

mvemjsunpx
July 5th, 2016, 12:20 PM
I don't see the New England Patriots on there. xcoffeex

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 12:22 PM
It's a bit of a shame he's had to resort to clickbating through each "contender" and massive ads pinching article width down.

Bisonator
July 5th, 2016, 12:24 PM
I'd agree with 3 of those teams. The other 3 not so much....xcoffeex

BisonFan02
July 5th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Gimme UNI or SDSU (they are due...)....maybe Richmond....but otherwise nope. Not that list anyway.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 5th, 2016, 12:39 PM
It's a bit of a shame he's had to resort to clickbating through each "contender" and massive ads pinching article width down.

I'm not sure he has much control over what they are doing with his article though? The ads, the way are presented there, do suck pretty bad for trying to read a column.

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure he has much control over what they are doing with his article though? The ads, the way are presented there, do suck pretty bad for trying to read a column.

He was a bad use of words. The site was a better choice

It just sucks to see Athlon fall into the "clicks get us $ so we are going to separate every team into their own slides rather than one full article.

SU DOG
July 5th, 2016, 12:51 PM
I don't see the New England Patriots on there. xcoffeex

Bet somebody will notice they forgot to include the UTC Mocs.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 5th, 2016, 12:51 PM
He was a bad use of words. The site was a better choice

It just sucks to see Athlon fall into the "clicks get us $ so we are going to separate every team into their own slides rather than one full article.

Yes, maybe some news style site will be able to do this better in the future. I liked his article, I wish it was a better presentation for sure but it's still good to have even like that. I can see the why in it and don't mind the separation of each team in the article as much as the really narrow content because of the side ads. Happy mediums I guess is the rationalization.xthumbsupx

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Yes, maybe some news style site will be able to do this better in the future. I liked his article, I wish it was a better presentation for sure but it's still good to have even like that. I can see the why in it and don't mind the separation of each team in the article as much as the really narrow content because of the side ads. Happy mediums I guess is the rationalization.xthumbsupx
Agreed.

The content was good, typical of Athlon.

I just don't like the "slide" presentation from any sites. It started with the click bate sites as each click to the next slide counts as another article click and generates more revenue - I get it but don't like it. I can live with that more than the massive Geico adds though

IBleedYellow
July 5th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Buy: UNI, SDSU

Sell: The rest of them - unless @ Wa-Griz.

JayJ79
July 5th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Folks have to make a living somehow. So its either going to be require paid subscriptions, or utilize ads to generate revenue.

I've learned to live with ads, as long as they aren't obnoxious popups, or have annoying autoplay sound/video.

Daytripper
July 5th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Buy: UNI, SDSU

Sell: The rest of them - unless @ Wa-Griz.

I keep forgetting that the only conference with good teams is the MVFC.....xrolleyesx I don't even know why we suit up???

Bisonator
July 5th, 2016, 01:35 PM
I keep forgetting that the only conference with good teams is the MVFC.....xrolleyesx I don't even know why we suit up???

For those "runner up" t-shirts obviously.xlolx
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--HvtF3XFz--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18j4mw9dth7l2jpg.jpg

IBleedYellow
July 5th, 2016, 01:38 PM

I guess if you want to go that route. I was more going with my reasoning that UNI and SDSU are bound to get funneled to NDSU in the playoffs earlier.

If you want to go with on the field results - the rest of the Valley is equal to the rest of the FCS in terms of knocking off NDSU in the playoffs. xthumbsupx

Schism55
July 5th, 2016, 01:48 PM
That site/article presentation makes my computer want to take a silkwood shower :/

AmsterBison
July 5th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Nice article!

NDSU met four of the those teams in the playoffs last year and the other two in 2014 so it makes sense that if the playoffs are set up the way they've been, these would be the teams with the best chance to knock NDSU out of the playoffs - assuming NDSU makes it, that is.

Professor Chaos
July 5th, 2016, 03:30 PM
All plausible. As USD showed last year there are plenty of FCS teams capable of beating NDSU if they play well and/or the Bison have an off day.

However, it is telling that in their last matchup with the Bison (which for all but SHSU was this last year) those 6 teams combined were outscored 193-46 or 31.2-7.7 on average.

BisonFan02
July 5th, 2016, 03:32 PM
"postseason switch flipped" NDSU is tough to beat. The play (especially on D) gets ratcheted up a level that opponents are having a tough time matching.

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 03:41 PM
All plausible. As USD showed last year there are plenty of FCS teams capable of beating NDSU if they play well and/or the Bison have an off day.

However, it is telling that in their last matchup with the Bison (which for all but SHSU was this last year) those 6 teams combined were outscored 193-46 or 31.2-7.7 on average.
Not really fair to lump UNI into that category...

Since NDSU moved D1 the total score of all UNI-NDSU games is 208-188 (23.1-20.8) in favor of UNI.

Hell during NDSU's started it's not that different either. Avg score is 21-23 NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2016, 03:52 PM
IMO, from that list: UNI and maybe Richmond but they are a distant 2nd

Sammy94
July 5th, 2016, 04:04 PM
I don't even know why we suit up???

You fell for it??? Did you see what Jax State did to us last year? There is no way we could compete with the mighty MVFC. Maybe Missouri State but that is a maybe. We better stick with beating up the Big Sky xeyebrowx

BisonFan02
July 5th, 2016, 04:29 PM
You fell for it??? Did you see what Jax State did to us last year? There is no way we could compete with the mighty MVFC. Maybe Missouri State but that is a maybe. We better stick with beating up the Big Sky xeyebrowx

Good call. You guys are built to matchup better with BSC teams. xthumbsupx

UNIFanSince1983
July 5th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Not really fair to lump UNI into that category...

Since NDSU moved D1 the total score of all UNI-NDSU games is 208-188 (23.1-20.8) in favor of UNI.

Hell during NDSU's started it's not that different either. Avg score is 21-23 NDSU.

He might be talking about in the playoffs. In which case we did lose 23-13. Well below the average margin of defeat in his scenario, but still not good compared to our usual regular season showing against them.

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 04:37 PM
He might be talking about in the playoffs. In which case we did lose 23-13. Well below the average margin of defeat in his scenario, but still not good compared to our usual regular season showing against them.
Still completely against the trend of the rest of the teams.

Professor Chaos
July 5th, 2016, 04:43 PM

Still completely against the trend of the rest of the teams.
I don't think there's any doubt, based on the recent results on the field, that UNI is best equipped to take down NDSU and they're a ways ahead of the rest of the pack IMO. That doesn't mean they'll win any national titles though... they're just the most likely to take out NDSU so someone else can win a national title. :D

I recall Don Morton, a former NDSU coach, saying that the great thing about the playoffs (a real playoff not the cutesie 4 team FBS playoff) is that you never know when you're going to play the national title game. Most FCS fans around the country probably rolled their eyes when Farley said after the NDSU/UNI quarterfinal last year that the two best teams remaining just played each other. Turns out he was right.

Fordham
July 5th, 2016, 04:43 PM
No PL team in there should have been your first sign that this was a BS poll!

xdrunkyx

BisonTru
July 5th, 2016, 05:56 PM
M lol

JSUSoutherner
July 5th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Hey, we may have made you guys s*** yourselves but notice how no one here thinks we have any potential either. Our Southern Speed™ is no match for the mighty MVFC. We aren't even worth a footnote.

KPSUL
July 5th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Round up all the usual suspects. IMO the team that finally knocks NDSU out of playoffs will not be an obvious choice, none of the 6 listed here. But unless NDSU has enough regular season losses, and is forced to play an away playoff game at a place with a huge home field advantage, I don't see the streak ending this season.

BisonFan02
July 5th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Hey, we may have made you guys s*** yourselves but notice how no one here thinks we have any potential either. Our Southern Speed™ is no match for the mighty MVFC. We aren't even worth a footnote.

I'm not even saying JSU and SHSU are bad teams....just bad matchups against the Bison. UNI has the formula and builds the team in a manner to compete against them. They also have the familiarity with the Fargodome that non-conference teams won't have.

Use Richmond for example. I would compare them to Coastal Carolina in a sense that if they were to get a second shot against NDSU next postseason in Fargo, I would expect it to be a much better game than this past season's semifinal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2016, 08:28 PM

Reality is that if they are matched up in the playoffs this year, NDSU will roll JSU again.

I want to see JSU beat a hard nose team like UNI, SDSU or NDSU this year. Prove me wrong JSU......

At least they will roll thru the weak ass OVC.

Professor Chaos
July 5th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Round up all the usual suspects. IMO the team that finally knocks NDSU out of playoffs will not be an obvious choice, none of the 6 listed here. But unless NDSU has enough regular season losses, and is forced to play an away playoff game at a place with a huge home field advantage, I don't see the streak ending this season.
Only 11 seniors on the NDSU roster this year too. :D

Houndawg
July 5th, 2016, 09:48 PM

...based on recent history I'd have to agree.xcoffeex

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 5th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Use Richmond for example. I would compare them to Coastal Carolina in a sense that if they were to get a second shot against NDSU next postseason in Fargo, I would expect it to be a much better game than this past season's semifinal.

I would agree with this theory but I don't want to test it. I'd love to finally get the Bison outside in December.

dewey
July 5th, 2016, 10:34 PM
I would agree with this theory but I don't want to test it. I'd love to finally get the Bison outside in December.

The problem with getting NDSU on the road in December is that NDSU will bring a great run game and top level D. Those two things travel very well and if the conditions are bad even better for the run game and D.

I think this year NDSU goes 10-1 or 9-2. 10-1 gets a top 2 seed guaranteed. 9-2 with a loss to Iowa more than likely gets you a top 2 or 3 seed but you are more dependent on what other teams do.

JSU will lose 1 game and if the lose a game in the OVC will not be above a 8-2 NDSU team.
SHSU loses 1 or 2 games.
UNI loses between 2 and 4 games.
SDSU....well NDSU is in their head and the game is in Fargo.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
July 5th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Reality is that if they are matched up in the playoffs this year, NDSU will roll JSU again.

I want to see JSU beat a hard nose team like UNI, SDSU or NDSU this year. Prove me wrong JSU......

At least they will roll thru the weak ass OVC.
No doubt. At least our OOC makes up for our snooze through the OVC a little. I really hope we get an MVFC team down in Jacksonville in the playoffs this year.

I think we would fare better with another shot. The championship was not a good indication of how well our team can play. Hopefully we get a chance to prove it.

The problem with getting NDSU on the road in December is that NDSU will bring a great run game and top level D. Those two things travel very well and if the conditions are bad even better for the run game and D.

I think this year NDSU goes 10-1 or 9-2. 10-1 gets a top 2 seed guaranteed. 9-2 with a loss to Iowa more than likely gets you a top 2 or 3 seed but you are more dependent on what other teams do.

JSU will lose 1 game and if the lose a game in the OVC will not be above a 8-2 NDSU team.
SHSU loses 1 or 2 games.
UNI loses between 2 and 4 games.
SDSU....well NDSU is in their head and the game is in Fargo.

Dewey
I wouldn't be surpised to see JSU sitting in the top two or three in seeding again this year. I really don't see us losing a game other than LSU and I at least think we can keep the LSU game respectable. I know we have Liberty on the road but if we show up and play our game we should be fine. We have Coastal at home. I'm sure the Sammy fans can attest to the home field making a difference when it's nearly packed out so Coastal should be a W. I'll be really surprised if we don't roll the OVC the same way we did last year, or better.

Provided we don't lose anywhere than Death Valley and we roll our schedule in the same manner we did last year I definitely see us being in talks for home field till Frisco.

However, this is all just talk. It needs to be August so we can starting walking.

chattownmocs
July 6th, 2016, 05:29 AM
Jacksonville state isn't any sort of national contender this year. I'm not sure they'll win the ovc. They don't belong in the convo. This list is just rehash of last year, and oh, throw in the "juggernaut" Montana. GTFO haley. This guy is a fraud.

JSUSoutherner
July 6th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Chattanooga isn't any sort of national contender this year. I'm not sure they'll win the SoCon. They don't belong in the convo. This list is just rehash of last year, and oh, throw in the "juggernaut" Montana. GTFO haley. This guy is a fraud.

:D

AmsterBison
July 6th, 2016, 08:05 AM

Meh, aim higher. Outside in January is what you should be hoping for. :)

Grizalltheway
July 6th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Jacksonville state isn't any sort of national contender this year. I'm not sure they'll win the ovc. They don't belong in the convo. This list is just rehash of last year, and oh, throw in the "juggernaut" Montana. GTFO haley. This guy is a fraud.

Takes one to know one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 6th, 2016, 08:31 AM

JSU is a title contender in '16. They will roll thru the OVC and probably be a top 3 seed.

Thumper 76
July 6th, 2016, 08:41 AM

Oh good. All this rational football talk was getting wearisome. xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
July 6th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Oh good. All this rational football talk was getting wearisome. xlolx

"Rational"

Sammy94
July 6th, 2016, 09:41 AM
SHSU loses 1 or 2 games.

If the Kats lose 2 games with this year's schedule, they shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs. If they have any chance of ending the NDSU reign, they better not lose any games.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2016, 10:45 AM

When you want to know what it feels like to play for a NC in your stadium just ask.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 10:49 AM
When you want to know what it feels like to play for a NC in your stadium just ask.xthumbsupx

Thankfully, you guys beat Furman once...otherwise you would have to ask someone else what it feels like to actually win won there. xthumbsupx :D

Grizalltheway
July 6th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Thankfully, you guys beat Furman once...otherwise you would have to ask someone else what it feels like to actually win won there. xthumbsupx :D

Nothing tops beating the other team in THEIR house. xthumbsupxxcoffeex

- - - Updated - - -

one

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2016, 11:12 AM

Yes, it's why I framed it as I did...bisontownmocks. Hell, just getting there would be an achievement was sort of the point for chattown.

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Yes, it's why I framed it as I did...bisontownmocks. Hell, just getting there would be an achievement was sort of the point for chattown.

Did that "won" hit you right in the feels Cap'n horribilis? :D I keed, I keed...

IBleedYellow
July 6th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Did that "won" hit you right in the feels Cap'n horribilis? :D I keed, I keed...

I vote his userbanner changes to "Bisontownmocks"

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 11:29 AM

Shut your whore mouth before the CoI comes to your door....#illuminati xlolx

Thumper 76
July 6th, 2016, 11:54 AM

+1

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2016, 12:05 PM
motion carries.

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 12:11 PM
+1

motion carries.

Haha! Assholes. xlolx :D

clenz
July 6th, 2016, 12:16 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

*DEEP FAT MAN INHALE*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 12:19 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

*DEEP FAT MAN INHALE*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I vote his userbanner changes to "*DEEP FAT MAN INHALE*"

clenz
July 6th, 2016, 12:26 PM

Like hell you do

You will pay if it happens.

Remember I know your phone number and the town you live in isn't that big...I can find you and put you on a call lists

Thumper 76
July 6th, 2016, 12:26 PM

Ehhhhh not enough of a ring to it

clenz
July 6th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Smart man.

Thumper 76
July 6th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Wait, BF02 is a phone number?

JSUSoutherner
July 6th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Nothing tops beating the other team in THEIR house. xthumbsupxxcoffeex

- - - Updated - - -

one
Chattanooga knows what it's like to lose in their own house. We've made sure to remind what it's like over the past couple years. :D

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Like hell you do

You will pay if it happens.

Remember I know your phone number and the town you live in isn't that big...I can find you and put you on a call lists

Ha! I'm moving and my cell # is going to change. xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 12:50 PM

What the hell do you know about rings? :D

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Chattanooga knows what it's like to lose in their own house. We've made sure to remind what it's like over the past couple years. :D
This is NC talk JSU. We'll let you back in a bit.

He's referring to beating Marshal at their house btw just in case it was lost on a newbie. I think we played you guys the year before that in Missoula though. I remember seeing your boys roll in to town. Good team considering they were just in the move up phase.xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
July 6th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Suck it BF02.

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Suck it BF02.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZOywn1qArI

- - - Updated - - -

He's referring to beating Marshal at their house btw just in case it was lost on a newbie. I think we played you guys the year before that in Missoula though. I remember seeing your boys roll in to town. Good team considering they were just in the move up phase.xthumbsupx

Only great teams in their move up phase can win in Missoula. :D

Thumper 76
July 6th, 2016, 01:20 PM
What the hell do you know about rings? :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/AXsNB2z0a2ldS/giphy.gif

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 01:21 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/AXsNB2z0a2ldS/giphy.gif

That's what I thought......xlolx go sit in your corner and think about what you said in shame. I'll come get you when your timeout is done. :D

Thumper 76
July 6th, 2016, 01:22 PM
That's what I thought......xlolx go sit in your corner and think about what you said in shame. I'll come get you when your timeout is done. :D

Alright how much is the donation to get this ****ers name changed xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2016, 01:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZOywn1qArI

- - - Updated - - -

Only great teams in their move up phase can win in Missoula. :D

Too bad you weren't in that phase last year.

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 01:27 PM

Talk to ursus. If you guys set a decent $ goal for AGS, I will let you change my name once funds are raised for the entire 2016 season.

JSUSoutherner
July 6th, 2016, 01:28 PM

I've only been peeking at the thread. I didn't realize there were pages in between my last posts. xlolx

Would love to to get a match up with you guys sometime.

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Too bad you weren't in that phase last year.

No doubt. Biggest win for Montana since their last championship when I was in High School. :D (you know I'm just "poking the bear". xlolx )

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I've only been peeking at the thread. I didn't realize there were pages in between my last posts. xlolx

Would love to to get a match up with you guys sometime.

Yes, a H&H with JSU would be a really terrific get for fans on both sides to travel to.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 6th, 2016, 01:46 PM
No doubt. Biggest win for Montana since their last championship when I was in High School. :D (you know I'm just "poking the bear". xlolx )

Big wins are a lot better than big losses any day. Yes, I know what you are doing and I am working what I have currently.

The odd part was you trying to "chopblock" while I was engaged with chattown, I had no idea you guys were even on the same team.

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Big wins are a lot better than big losses any day. Yes, I know what you are doing and I am working what I have currently.

The odd part was you trying to "chopblock" while I was engaged with chattown, I had no idea you guys were even on the same team.

It was on a tee and I'm taking swings like a blindfolded 1st grader. Pretty much par for the course. xthumbsupx :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 6th, 2016, 02:30 PM

I'll donate whatever $$ to see this happen.....big smile on my face.....

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 02:46 PM
I'll donate whatever $$ to see this happen.....big smile on my face.....

..............but why? :( xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 6th, 2016, 02:50 PM
..............but why? :( xlolx

Just busting your balls....

I'll donate either way.

Cocky
July 6th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Yes, a H&H with JSU would be a really terrific get for fans on both sides to travel to.
It would be an easy drive.

chattownmocs
July 7th, 2016, 01:53 AM
JSU is a title contender in '16. They will roll thru the OVC and probably be a top 3 seed.

In what fantasy land?Their roster is decimated. They aren't even close. They sold their souls to the devil with a bunch of thug transfers and got themselves to the title game. Now those guys are gone and have left gaping holes all across their roster that they can't possibly come close to filling by signing a bunch more transfers. At some point that strategy backfires in a big way. Their defense is going to be terrible.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 7th, 2016, 08:46 AM
In what fantasy land?Their roster is decimated. They aren't even close. They sold their souls to the devil with a bunch of thug transfers and got themselves to the title game. Now those guys are gone and have left gaping holes all across their roster that they can't possibly come close to filling by signing a bunch more transfers. At some point that strategy backfires in a big way. Their defense is going to be terrible.

All that is true but take a deep breath for a second.........the OVC is weak and they will run thru that schedule pretty easily and most likely get a top seed. Having home games in the playoffs is huge. I don't think JSU matches up well against physical teams like a NDSU or UNI but if you're not playing them until the quarters or semis and it is at home.....then anything is possible.

JSU is a contender.

clenz
July 7th, 2016, 09:11 AM
All that is true but take a deep breath for a second.........the OVC is weak and they will run thru that schedule pretty easily and most likely get a top seed. Having home games in the playoffs is huge. I don't think JSU matches up well against physical teams like a NDSU or UNI but if you're not playing them until the quarters or semis and it is at home.....then anything is possible.

JSU is a contender.
Truth to this.

Get to the title game and anything can happen (even as dominate as NDSU has been). It's all about match ups. If JSU doesn't have to match up with a pure power team like NDSU/UNI until the title game then they are a legit contender. Then it comes down to "We don't match up wit that, but can we game plan well enough to make it work for 60 minutes"

JSUSoutherner
July 7th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Our roster is decimated? Since when?

I like how you call them thugs. It really shows how you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

UNIFanSince1983
July 7th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Since Chattanooga no longer has Huesman at QB may as well say they are decimated as well.

Looks to me like JSU has Jenkins and Barge coming back which will be huge for them. Although a little tough to tell since their roster on the site isn't updated for the current year yet.

BadlandsGrizFan
July 7th, 2016, 10:19 AM
I almost, and mean really f'n close, changed your username temporarily but I thought "hell, I do that and 02 can't get back on then I gotta spend time fixing ****!" xlolx

My flight to CID just dropped $250 so I was busy booking it and have no time to waste with you mocks!

Where did you find that price??? I would gladly fly from Dallas for that!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 7th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Where did you find that price??? I would gladly fly from Dallas for that!!!

Travelocity. It went from 700 to 450...dropped $250, not the total price. Checking a couple weeks back for a friend and it was around 320 from Lubbock though. Better check it out.xthumbsupx

Southern Bison
July 7th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Talk to ursus. If you guys set a decent $ goal for AGS, I will let you change my name once funds are raised for the entire 2016 season.
I'm chipping in! When & how much?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
July 7th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Just busting your balls....

I'll donate either way.
BFNWMN, stop hitting BF02's wife's purse!

BisonFan02
July 7th, 2016, 12:24 PM

That's up to you ****ers. xlolx Gonna have to talk to ursus to see if it is possible and we can decide on the amount. I'm not participating. xthumbsupx

- - - Updated - - -

BFNWMN, stop hitting BF02's wife's purse!

No doubt..... xlolx

Southern Bison
July 7th, 2016, 12:26 PM
That's up to you ****ers. xlolx Gonna have to talk to ursus to see if it is possible and we can decide on the amount. I'm not participating. xthumbsupx

- - - Updated - - -

No doubt..... xlolx
How about the donations go to FPC's 24 HoB?

BisonFan02
July 7th, 2016, 12:35 PM

Whatever you guys want to do.

Thumper 76
July 7th, 2016, 12:37 PM

Ohhhh I like this. Hell I'd put my name up for change for that

BisonFan02
July 7th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Ohhhh I like this. Hell I'd put my name up for change for that

https://ambitiousmediocrity.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/ghd-13153-elliot.png

Thumper 76
July 7th, 2016, 12:40 PM
https://ambitiousmediocrity.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/ghd-13153-elliot.png

xlolx get that thinking cap on ****er

BisonFan02
July 7th, 2016, 12:41 PM
xlolx get that thinking cap on ****er

http://digilander.libero.it/guido_1953/pics/sunglasses/a1969-easy-rider-jack-nicholson.jpg

JSUSoutherner
July 7th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Since Chattanooga no longer has Huesman at QB may as well say they are decimated as well.

Looks to me like JSU has Jenkins and Barge coming back which will be huge for them. Although a little tough to tell since their roster on the site isn't updated for the current year yet.
Roster should be updated soon. I have a general idea in mind of what it will look like and I'm not worried about the defense as much as Chattown is. And Barge and Eli coming back will indeed be huge, but I'm really excited about our running back lineup. We may have one the best running back corps in the FCS.

UNIFanSince1983
July 7th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Roster should be updated soon. I have a general idea in mind of what it will look like and I'm not worried about the defense as much as Chattown is. And Barge and Eli coming back will indeed be huge, but I'm really excited about our running back lineup. We may have one the best running back corps in the FCS.

Could be, but they are replacing a very very good back in Pope so will be interesting.

JSUSoutherner
July 7th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Could be, but they are replacing a very very good back in Pope so will be interesting.
I'm optimistic. Pope left some very big shoes to fill. But I'm not losing any sleep at night.

So far it looks like we have:

Josh Clemons coming back.
Miles Jones coming back.
Tramel Terry coming in.
Roc Thomas coming in.

I'm really excited about Roc coming in. He was a BEAST in high school. He went for 2,211 yards and 32 TDs his senior year. He wasn't a good fit at Auburn so he came to us.

The best part about Roc is that Grass was his coach in high school. He knows the offense and thrives in it. And he's ours for two years.

Another plus is we can take both Roc And Terry and line them up in the slot and they are both just as dangerous there.

FearTheBeak
July 7th, 2016, 01:28 PM
I was under the impression that Terry would be at the CB position this fall?

JSUSoutherner
July 7th, 2016, 01:31 PM
I was under the impression that Terry would be at the CB position this fall?
Unless they moved him to CB recently, he went through spring training at running back.

Plus a lot of his stuff I've seen on Twitter is saying he'll be a running back.

FearTheBeak
July 7th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Why? we already have 3 that are good enough, why stick in another that we could use somewhere else?

JSUSoutherner
July 7th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Why? we already have 3 that are good enough, why stick in another that we could use somewhere else?
We don't really need him at CB either, not with Pat Porter and Al Harris coming in anyway and if I remember correctly we also bring back Jaylen Hill . We could use him in the slot. And he will probably be Roc's backup. Clemons will be for when we need 2 inches in the championship and on the goal line, and Jones will be insurance. That's my guess anyway. But I expect Roc and Terry will spend a lot of time in the slot in addition to at running back.

Daytripper
July 7th, 2016, 03:33 PM
We don't really need him at CB either, not with Pat Porter and Al Harris coming in anyway and if I remember correctly we also bring back Jaylen Hill . We could use him in the slot. And he will probably be Roc's backup. Clemons will be for when we need 2 inches in the championship and on the goal line, and Jones will be insurance. That's my guess anyway. But I expect Roc and Terry will spend a lot of time in the slot in addition to at running back.

You can NEVER have too many defensive backs. You can have too many running backs.

JSUSoutherner
July 7th, 2016, 03:37 PM
You can NEVER have too many defensive backs. You can have too many running backs.

True. But he's more useful to us in the slot and on offense than in the secondary in my opinion.

BisonFan02
July 7th, 2016, 03:40 PM

OL and DL....RB by committee doesn't hurt either.

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 7th, 2016, 07:12 PM

I get it. But there's no silent count.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, aim higher. Outside in January is what you should be hoping for. :)

I can support this idea.

chattownmocs
July 7th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Thats awful. Josh Clemons and miles jones? They suck. Two short yardage backs with no speed and no moves. Better hope those transfers are gold. Tramel terry? Who is that? I heard how great roc thomas was but auhirn wasnt exactly what is was several years ago running the ball. If you canr play their id be scared. But the defense is going to be terrible. If they have an average defense it will be a miracle.

JSUSoutherner
July 7th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Thats awful. Josh Clemons and miles jones? They suck. Two short yardage backs with no speed and no moves. Better hope those transfers are gold. Tramel terry? Who is that? I heard how great roc thomas was but auhirn wasnt exactly what is was several years ago running the ball. If you canr play their id be scared. But the defense is going to be terrible. If they have an average defense it will be a miracle.
Tramel Terry? Mr. Football South Carolina? He's new.

It's funny that you're criticizing our running backs when last year Chatty's QB and running back had to be the same guy.

BisonFan02
July 7th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Tramel Terry? Mr. Football South Carolina?

It's funny when that you're criticizing our running backs when last year Chatty's QB and running back had to be the same guy.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-39481-Dodgeball-Ouchtown-Population-8fgn.gif

Thumper 76
July 7th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Tramel Terry? Mr. Football South Carolina? He's new.

It's funny when that you're criticizing our running backs when last year Chatty's QB and running back had to be the same guy.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

Schism55
July 7th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Effin' A, Cotton, Effin' A!

chattownmocs
July 7th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Derrick craine ran for 1251 yards and 13 tds last year. Huesman ran for 1244 yards and 13 tds. And you thought that was a good point and so did these other rejects. Hahaha. Try again.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 8th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Derrick craine ran for 1251 yards and 13 tds last year. Huesman ran for 1244 yards and 13 tds. And you thought that was a good point and so did these other rejects. Hahaha. Try again.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't JSU's major source of yardage in the run game was the point. I haven't looked up stats and don't know if it vastly different between the teams but I think you are getting it wrong as to the inference.

JSUSoutherner
July 8th, 2016, 12:18 AM
You had a running back that ran for a whopping 7 yards more than your pass thrower. And Huesman did it with fewer carries.

Congrats.

At least Huesman was good enough to pick up the slack when the going got rough.

Maybe if Craine could have rushed for more than 100 yards or scored at least one TD in either of our games you guys would have won and taken the trip to Frisco.

Oh and the suck machine known as Josh Clemons averaged more yards per carry against Auburn than Craine did against Mercer.

In fact, Clemons had a higher rushing average per carry than Craine last season.

So yeah, our backfield has two Mr. Footballs and our third stringer is better than the Moc's starter. Please keep talking.

chattownmocs
July 8th, 2016, 03:49 AM
You had a running back that ran for a whopping 7 yards more than your pass thrower. And Huesman did it with fewer carries.

Congrats.

At least Huesman was good enough to pick up the slack when the going got rough.

Maybe if Craine could have rushed for more than 100 yards or scored at least one TD in either of our games you guys would have won and taken the trip to Frisco.

Oh and the suck machine known as Josh Clemons averaged more yards per carry against Auburn than Craine did against Mercer.

In fact, Clemons had a higher rushing average per carry than Craine last season.

So yeah, our backfield has two Mr. Footballs and our third stringer is better than the Moc's starter. Please keep talking.

Craine is better than any of your running backs and it's not even close. Jones and clemons are not even material and that's why you brought in 2 transfers. Your stats are not compelling, they are idiotic. They show a very remedial knowledge of the game. You don't have one of the top rb rotations in the country, and if racean thomas isn't a home run, it is downright bad.

UpstateBison
July 8th, 2016, 05:58 AM
I hope Terry can play after all of his knee issues. Can you give us an update on his surgery this spring? I think this one was on his good knee. As for Harris, you can never have too many DB's!

AmsterBison
July 8th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Was Eli's shoulder bothering him in Bison game? If the injury affected his passing, then a rematch might be a lot more interesting. Plus, Jacksonville State, outside their linemen, looked like the cold* was really bothering them.

* Hard not to put that word in quotes.

UNHWildcat18
July 8th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Pretty sure we already know Missouri state is gonna curb stomp NDSU 45-10 this fall. Not sure what all this JSU blabbering is....

JSUSoutherner
July 8th, 2016, 08:56 AM
I hope Terry can play after all of his knee issues. Can you give us an update on his surgery this spring? I think this one was on his good knee. As for Harris, you can never have too many DB's!

Us too. Word on the street is that he was very impressive in spring training. The team also seems to like him.

He was likely going to be our starter before Roc joined the party.

The update we heard on GJS is that he should be ready to go early in the season. Hopefully before the LSU game. We will need all hands on deck for that one.

As for the secondary, I'm not worried about it. We brought in Pat Porter along with Al Harris. We also return Reggie Hall and Jaylen Hill at CB and they were both great for us last year. We should also be fine at safety.

I'm also not too worried about our front four either. Losing Fanning will be a big pill to swallow but we didn't have him last year either and were just fine. However I feel very comfortable with Robinson and Owino at DT as they were very productive last season and saw a lot of playing time and Darius Jackson is coming back for another season at DE.

I am a little concerned about our linebackers. Joel McCandless was a top notch player for us there and thankfully he's returning but I have no idea who our other two will be.

We did lose a lot but thankfully we were really deep last year so it shouldn't be too big a deal. Next man up, right?

Was Eli's shoulder bothering him in Bison game? If the injury affected his passing, then a rematch might be a lot more interesting. Plus, Jacksonville State, outside their linemen, looked like the cold* was really bothering them.

* Hard not to put that word in quotes.

I would imagine so, he had to have surgery for a torn Labrum on his throwing arm after the game. He missed spring training but from what I heard the recovery has gone extremely well and he should fine.

The weather sure didn't do us any favors, I don't recall any game in the past couple of years where the team was in that type of weather. That game was the coldest I had been since I lived in Ohio. That wind was a bear.

However, had the circumstances been different I imagine that game would have been a closer game, but I would also imagine it would have still been a Bison win. Hopefully we get a chance to come back and get another shot at you guys.

Craine is better than any of your running backs and it's not even close. Jones and clemons are not even material and that's why you brought in 2 transfers. Your stats are not compelling, they are idiotic. They show a very remedial knowledge of the game. You don't have one of the top rb rotations in the country, and if racean thomas isn't a home run, it is downright bad.

You're still talking?

Have fun with your 8 win season and early playoff exit. We will send you a postcard from Frisco. :D

BisonBacker
July 8th, 2016, 09:24 AM
motion carries.

Hilarious. Love it.

POD Knows
July 8th, 2016, 09:40 AM

I am in too, this funny ****.

BisonFan02
July 8th, 2016, 10:07 AM
I am in too, this funny ****.

xlolx keep laughing POD....see you tonight. :D

POD Knows
July 8th, 2016, 10:27 AM
xlolx keep laughing POD....see you tonight. :D

Bisontownmocs xlmaoxxlmaox

ursus arctos horribilis
July 8th, 2016, 02:35 PM
BTW, the Bisontownmocks saga continues here:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?182580-2016-LIVESTRONG-(FPC)-Challenge&p=2351136#post2351136

now back to your regularly scheduled thread drifting.

JSUSoutherner
July 8th, 2016, 02:43 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?182580-2016-LIVESTRONG-(FPC)-Challenge&p=2351136#post2351136

Does this mean I get to keep giving Chattown more greif now?

Perfect. :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CVfqDRvVEAAVtbB.mp4

BisonFan02
July 8th, 2016, 04:17 PM

does it?

uni88
July 8th, 2016, 09:50 PM
I don't understand the JSU hate. They had a number of transfers but according to Southern and other JSU posters only a handful of those transfers were significant contributors last year and I have no reason to doubt their assessment. They have many key players back, dominated their conference in 2015 and can reasonable expect to do so again. They did get steamrolled by NDSU last year but teams do usually fare better against NDSU the second time around when they're more prepared for the physical nature of the game. They are definitely a preseason contender.

FearTheBeak
July 8th, 2016, 10:02 PM
I don't understand the JSU hate. They had a number of transfers but according to Southern and other JSU posters only a handful of those transfers were significant contributors last year and I have no reason to doubt their assessment. They have many key players back, dominated their conference in 2015 and can reasonable expect to do so again. They did get steamrolled by NDSU last year but teams do usually fare better against NDSU the second time around when they're more prepared for the physical nature of the game. They are definitely a preseason contender.
I have noticed not many people give our team a chance because of our transfer situation. Hoping one day they realize its not that bid of a deal

Cocky
July 8th, 2016, 10:14 PM
We will probably suck worse than McNeese fans say the Cowboys will suck. They will regular suck and we will transfer suck.

SUPharmacist
July 8th, 2016, 10:24 PM
I have noticed not many people give our team a chance because of our transfer situation. Hoping one day they realize its not that bid of a deal

Everyone has a different opinion of what an acceptable number of transfers is. Each program should find what makes sense for it. As long as schools put the thought into whether players make sense when they bring them on great. My only issue is if a school becomes the dumping ground for talented guys with disciplinary problems.

JSUSoutherner
July 8th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Everyone has a different opinion of what an acceptable number of transfers is. Each program should find what makes sense for it. As long as schools put the thought into whether players make sense when they bring them on great. My only issue is if a school becomes the dumping ground for talented guys with disciplinary problems.
Most of our transfers are guys who were lured away to the big FBS schools only to figure out they wanted to be closer to home or get more playing time. Guys like Pat Porter and Roc.

We do get the occasional out-of-towner like Tramel Terry but, to my knowledge, they are not products of disciplinary issues.

As far as I can tell, Grass knows what kind of men he wants on his team and as long as they meet his expectations, transfer or not, they will henceforth be Gamecocks.

Grass knows the difference between a Roc Thomas and a Marshaun Coprich.

Yes, I know Coprich wasn't a transfer. That's not my point.

chattownmocs
July 9th, 2016, 06:11 AM
Jacksonville state has some of the lowest returning starter numbers in the country. I doubt any defense in America was hit harder by graduation. They literally return 6 or 7 starters off of their entire team.

As far as transfers and character issues, jacksonville state has character issues in their culture. It plays out on the field. I'm shocked they didn't start trying to fight ndsu players and fans after they got their asses whipped in frisco. I guess they were still as scared and she'll shocked as they were at kick off.

JSUSoutherner
July 9th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Jacksonville state has some of the lowest returning starter numbers in the country. I doubt any defense in America was hit harder by graduation. They literally return 6 or 7 starters off of their entire team.

As far as transfers and character issues, jacksonville state has character issues in their culture. It plays out on the field. I'm shocked they didn't start trying to fight ndsu players and fans after they got their asses whipped in frisco. I guess they were still as scared and she'll shocked as they were at kick off.

http://img.memecdn.com/mr-t-lol_o_996214.gif

You're right. We have the worst character in the south. We should be like these upstanding UTC students when we lose.

https://twitter.com/4everdestiny_/status/673265854587498496

Oh, and don't forget what a good example of an exemplary student Dee Virgin is.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2016/5/3/323391/Leading-UTC-Defensive-Back-Dee-Virgin.aspx

Also don't forget the class Russ Huesman showed when he cussed out Grass after our playoff game.

Truly upstanding characters UTC has. We should follow in their footsteps. :D

uni88
July 9th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Most of our transfers are guys who were lured away to the big FBS schools only to figure out they wanted to be closer to home or get more playing time. Guys like Pat Porter and Roc.

We do get the occasional out-of-towner like Tramel Terry but, to my knowledge, they are not products of disciplinary issues.

As far as I can tell, Grass knows what kind of men he wants on his team and as long as they meet his expectations, transfer or not, they will henceforth be Gamecocks.

Grass knows the difference between a Roc Thomas and a Marshaun Coprich.

Yes, I know Coprich wasn't a transfer. That's not my point.

ISUr gets a lot of grief over Coprich not because of his character but because of how light his punishment was. I believe Coprich is a good person who made a mistake.

JSUSoutherner
July 9th, 2016, 12:27 PM
ISUr gets a lot of grief over Coprich not because of his character but because of how light his punishment was. I believe Coprich is a good person who made a mistake.
I can believe it, he didn't have any other issues did he?

If I'm honest the only reason I used him is because he's the only one I could think of not nessicarily because he's the best example.

Although, there are two sides to that argument and I'm not here to discuss Coprich. Mostly cause I'm Narcissistic homer and like talking about my team (and annoying Chattown in the process is just a added bonus at this point :D).

clenz
July 9th, 2016, 02:34 PM
I can believe it, he didn't have any other issues did he?

If I'm honest the only reason I used him is because he's the only one I could think of not nessicarily because he's the best example.

Although, there are two sides to that argument and I'm not here to discuss Coprich. Mostly cause I'm Narcissistic homer and like talking about my team (and annoying Chattown in the process is just a added bonus at this point :D).

If you know Marshaun wasn't a transfer, why bring him up?

JSUSoutherner
July 9th, 2016, 02:44 PM
If you know Marshaun wasn't a transfer, why bring him up?
Because he is one of the more well known guys who have had issues in the past. Him not being a transfer was irrelevant to my point. I used him as a character example.

My point with Coprich was that Grass knows the difference in character between a player like Roc (who wants to come get more playing time close to home with his HS coach) as opposed to a player like Coprich (who may indeed be a beast but has had some issues before). He's more apt to take Character A than Character B.

Like I said, I mostly used Coprich cause I couldn't think of any other high profile players with issues that had done questionable things. Yesterday was a long day, I apologize for being too tired for being able to alphabetically recite my FBS to FCS thugs.

KPSUL
July 9th, 2016, 03:54 PM
You're right. We have the worst character in the south. We should be like these upstanding UTC students when we lose.

https://twitter.com/4everdestiny_/status/673265854587498496

What are we suppose to be seeing in this very short video ?

JSUSoutherner
July 9th, 2016, 05:23 PM
What are we suppose to be seeing in this very short video ?
UTC fans decided to throw beer on Josh Barge and Ruben Gonzalez after our playoff game this year.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 9th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Wasting beer is sacrilegious. Point Southerner

BisonFan02
July 9th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Someone will have to go dig the video (I think it is in multiple places, but I remember it during the spring game), but LT from NDSU (now with the Colts) Joe Haeg was quoted saying JSU talked the most trash out of anyone they played...but it got quiet as the game went along. You could tell during the game the OL for NDSU was fired up and there was alot of "jawing". That being said...I'm not sure JSU fans can talk about their team being "saints" by any means...

JSUSoutherner
July 9th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Someone will have to go dig the video (I think it is in multiple places, but I remember it during the spring game), but LT from NDSU (now with the Colts) Joe Haeg was quoted saying JSU talked the most trash out of anyone they played...but it got quiet as the game went along. You could tell during the game the OL for NDSU was fired up and there was alot of "jawing". That being said...I'm not sure JSU fans can talk about their team being "saints" by any means...
Who said saints? All I was saying is our transfers aren't products disciplinary issues and that we don't have players with disciplinary issues on our team and haven't since Grass has been coach. I never said anything about smack talk. If someone says their team doesn't talk smack they are lying through their teeth. Plus, given your little Co-Champ tile there I'm surprised you're judging our team based off how much smack they might talk. :D

BisonFan02
July 9th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Who said saints? All I was saying is our transfers aren't products disciplinary issues and that we don't have players with disciplinary issues on our team and haven't since Grass has been coach. I never said anything about smack talk. If someone says their team doesn't talk smack they are lying through their teeth. Plus, given your little Co-Champ tile there I'm surprised you're judging our team based off how much smack they might talk. :D

Yeah....but my smack is cheeky and fun...JSU's team smack is tragic and sad...especially considering the final score. :D

JSUSoutherner
July 9th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Yeah....but my smack is cheeky and fun...JSU's team smack is tragic and sad...especially considering the final score. :D
Yeah well. Nobody's perfect. xlolx

Thundar
July 9th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Might have to have a thread based on who can out trash the trash talk between teams fans instead

dewey
July 10th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Wasting beer is sacrilegious. Point Southerner

Agreed! Alcohol abuse like that should illegal.

Dewey