PDA

View Full Version : Who will win each conference in 2016?

Mike296
July 3rd, 2016, 07:40 PM
Ok so I've been wanting to do this thread for a while but felt it was too early to tell who's going to be good or not.

That still very well may be the case but think of this as more of a prediction on the matter.

I myself am not going to do a list right this second because I don't know enough about the heavy hitters of each conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schism55
July 3rd, 2016, 08:44 PM
Clearly, the answer is Dylon, Dylon, Dylon.
I spit hot fire!

JSUSoutherner
July 3rd, 2016, 08:46 PM
OVC- Austin Peay
SOCON- ETSU
Big South- KSU
SLC- Some team not named Sam Houston that won't make the quarterfinals.
Big Sky- Sacramento State
MVFC- Wichata State
CAA- Rhode Island
Patriot- Lafayette
Pioneer- Valpo
Ivy- Who cares?

chattownmocs
July 4th, 2016, 12:34 AM
Chattanooga will win each conference.

Bisonoline
July 4th, 2016, 12:53 AM
Chattanooga will win each conference.

You going to win the Natty again? Oh wait-----

tierre
July 4th, 2016, 03:28 AM
SWAC Alcorn
MEAC NCAT
Southland Sam Houston St.
CAA James Madison
Missouri Valley North Dakota St.

SUPharmacist
July 4th, 2016, 09:12 AM
OVC- Austin Peay
SOCON- ETSU
Big South- KSU
MVFC- Wichata State
CAA- Rhode Island
Patriot- Lafayette
Pioneer- Valpo
Ivy- Who cares?

I would love to see that playoff field, now who would get the at-large selections?

KPSUL
July 4th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Patriot - Colgate
NEC - Duquesne
Ivy - Columbia
CAA - Richmond
Big South - CSU
Socon - Samford
MEAC - Hampton
OVC - JSU
MVFC - NDSU
Southland - SHSU
SWAC - Prairie View
Big Sky Northern Arizona

SU DOG
July 4th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Patriot - Colgate
NEC - Duquesne
Ivy - Columbia
CAA - Richmond
Big South - CSU
Socon - Samford
MEAC - Hampton
OVC - JSU
MVFC - NDSU
Southland - SHSU
SWAC - Prairie View
Big Sky Northern Arizona

Sure like your choices :)

BisonFan02
July 4th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Clearly, the answer is Dylon, Dylon, Dylon.
I spit hot fire!

You're back!!!!!! :D

JSUSoutherner
July 4th, 2016, 11:12 AM
You going to win the Natty again? Oh wait-----
Of course they are, they have the best recruiting class ever.

They picked up guys like Bo Jackson, Cam Newton, and Randy Moss

They even had Saban ask to be the coach but turned him down since Huesman is better.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22798&stc=1

FormerPokeCenter
July 4th, 2016, 11:22 AM
They're really great recruits. Fabulous recruits. Nobody recruits like UTC does.

UTC does so much recruiting, they're tired of recruiting....

Bisonoline
July 4th, 2016, 10:59 PM
They're really great recruits. Fabulous recruits. Nobody recruits like UTC does.

UTC does so much recruiting, they're tired of recruiting....

Plus nobody knows football like Chatty does.

walliver
July 5th, 2016, 04:58 PM
OVC- Austin Peay
SOCON- ETSU
Big South- KSU
MVFC- Wichata State
CAA- Rhode Island
Patriot- Lafayette
Pioneer- Valpo
Ivy- Who cares?

Kennesaw is not that big of a stretch. Kennesaw did not have a normal start-up year like Mercer or ETSU and jumped right into the fire of conference play. If they can get past CSU, they could win the Big South.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2016, 08:33 PM
The 2 conferences I follow:

Big Sky: UND

Valley: NDSU or UNI

Terry2889
July 6th, 2016, 07:43 AM
The favorite almost NEVER wins the CAA. Bad news for Richmond. I'm going Villanova at 9-2. Old Andy Talley rallies the troops for one more push to the playoffs. UNH, with an unproven QB and a terrible 4-2-5 defensive scheme settles for 8-3 and an early playoff exit again : (

KPSUL
July 6th, 2016, 08:17 AM
The favorite almost NEVER wins the CAA. Bad news for Richmond. I'm going Villanova at 9-2. Old Andy Talley rallies the troops for one more push to the playoffs. UNH, with an unproven QB and a terrible 4-2-5 defensive scheme settles for 8-3 and an early playoff exit again : (

JMU is a team to watch, IMO more so than Nova. Connor Mitch at QB could provide the edge they need to challenge for the conference title. They already had some very good athletes on both sides of the ball.The JMU game @ Richmond will be an important CAA match-up. I'm also optimistic about UNH. the 2016 graduating class left only manageable holes to fill and we've got a solid class coming out of redshirts. We also arguably have the most advantageous CAA conference schedule. Right now UNH is flying way under the radar - not even showing up on most top 25 and playoff predictions. Your 8-3 prediction looks pretty good and would make the majority of prognosticators wrong as we would be both a playoff and top 25 team.

I think we'll have a 2 or 3 way tie for the CAA conference title this, with Richmond being one of the co-champs.

KPSUL
July 6th, 2016, 08:23 AM
a terrible 4-2-5 defensive scheme : (

If we play a 4-2-5 defense against San Diego State it will be real ugly all day.

Model Citizen
July 6th, 2016, 08:30 AM
University of Spoiled Daughters will easily win the Pioneer.

IBleedYellow
July 6th, 2016, 08:38 AM
It needs to be August. Now.

JSUSoutherner
July 6th, 2016, 08:39 AM
It needs to be August. Now.
It needed to be August yesterday.

UNHWildcat18
July 6th, 2016, 08:55 AM
If we play a 4-2-5 defense against San Diego State it will be real ugly all day.

If we play a 4-2-5 in the playoffs it will be an ugly post season again

BEAR
July 6th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Sam will have no problem again this year.

UCA's offense: Running back, Running back, pass to the sideline 5 yards back, punt.
I've never seen a team with so much talent get so underused. :(

IBleedYellow
July 6th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Anyone started doing their AGS poll prep yet? Getting new systems in place, etc?

BisonFan02
July 6th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Anyone started doing their AGS poll prep yet? Getting new systems in place, etc?

You stopped? :D

*****ing overachiever xlolx

RootinFerDukes
July 6th, 2016, 11:25 AM
JMU is a team to watch, IMO more so than Nova. Connor Mitch at QB could provide the edge they need to challenge for the conference title. They already had some very good athletes on both sides of the ball.The JMU game @ Richmond will be an important CAA match-up. I'm also optimistic about UNH. the 2016 graduating class left only manageable holes to fill and we've got a solid class coming out of redshirts. We also arguably have the most advantageous CAA conference schedule. Right now UNH is flying way under the radar - not even showing up on most top 25 and playoff predictions. Your 8-3 prediction looks pretty good and would make the majority of prognosticators wrong as we would be both a playoff and top 25 team.

I think we'll have a 2 or 3 way tie for the CAA conference title this, with Richmond being one of the co-champs.

Thanks for the confidence. Mitch isn't the declared starter but I doubt he would've transferred if his chances weren't good. It provides depth and challenges current starter Schor at the very least.

Any team in last year's playoff deserves a preseason ranking IMO and with, what is it, eleven straight playoff appearances, there's no way any credible prediction would rule out unh.
Just like I'll believe it when I see it for ndsu not winning the title, I'll believe it when I see it for unh not making the playoffs.

KPSUL
July 6th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the confidence. Mitch isn't the declared starter but I doubt he would've transferred if his chances weren't good. It provides depth and challenges current starter Schor at the very least.

Any team in last year's playoff deserves a preseason ranking IMO and with, what is it, eleven straight playoff appearances, there's no way any credible prediction would rule out unh.
Just like I'll believe it when I see it for ndsu not winning the title, I'll believe it when I see it for unh not making the playoffs.

I've got a love, hate relationship with JMU. I love the school, hate paying my daughters tuition. I enjoy going to games there and pull for them to win except when there are clear negative consequences for UNH. I'm still waiting to see if UNH will ever be scheduled to play again at Bridgeforth during my lifetime. Seems like it has to be next year, but I've assumed that several times before and been wrong.

uni88
July 6th, 2016, 12:50 PM
If we play a 4-2-5 in the playoffs it will be an ugly post season again
What kind of 4-2-5 are they playing. TCU's 4-2-5 has been a very good defense.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Corn_3024
July 6th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Kennesaw is not that big of a stretch. Kennesaw did not have a normal start-up year like Mercer or ETSU and jumped right into the fire of conference play. If they can get past CSU, they could win the Big South.

We would likely need Chuck South to lay an egg.. and Liberty to drop an unexpected game or two (like last year).. A stretch obviously, but possible. I don't think Kennesaw is a bottom dweller in the Big South.

Mike296
July 7th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Here's my list:

Big Sky:UM

Big South: Liberty

CAA: Delaware

Ivy: Yale

MEAC: SC State/ NC A&T

MVFC: NDSU/ UNI

NEC: Bryant

OVC(my oddball pick) Austin Peay

Patriot: Lehigh

Pioneer: Dayton

SoCon: Wofford/ WCU

SLC: McNeese State

SWAC: Alcorn State

McNeese72
July 7th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Here's my list:

New QB, new coaching staff, lack of offensive line depth, and the unexpected loss of our two best defenisve lineman. So...............no!!!

Doc

Mike296
July 7th, 2016, 04:53 PM
New QB, new coaching staff, lack of offensive line depth, and the unexpected loss of our two best defenisve lineman. So...............no!!!

Doc

I had no idea any of that was the case so irdk who's going to win that conference if that's the case

BisonTru
July 7th, 2016, 05:03 PM
I had no idea any of that was the case so irdk who's going to win that conference if that's the case

Don't worry, if you hang around here long enough and listen to enough Cowboy fans, you'll be surprised they can field a team.

Pretty bold pick on Austin Peay tho. It might be a bold pick to predict they get a win next season.

Mike296
July 7th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Austin Peay is my Bogey team in that conference when I really don't care who wins that conference. That conference is trash nowadays

BisonTru
July 7th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Austin Peay is my Bogey team in that conference when I really don't care who wins that conference. That conference is trash nowadays

Agreed on the conference, but AP still got stomped in that weak conference last year. That and JSU was in the championship game last year. I'd say they are almost a lock at this point to win the OVC.

JSUSoutherner
July 7th, 2016, 05:11 PM

oh. :(

Catatonic
July 7th, 2016, 05:37 PM

Sam Houston returns 18 starters from a team that made a deep run in the play offs. The Bearcats are an obvious choice if you buy the rhetoric from "Sand bag U" (sometimes know as McNeese) that the cupboard is bare.

WTFCollegefootballfan
July 7th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Here's my list:

Und will win Big Sky by default.

Grizalltheway
July 7th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Und will win Big Sky by default.

What does that even mean? xconfusedx

WTFCollegefootballfan
July 7th, 2016, 05:49 PM

Their easy conference schedule.

BisonTru
July 7th, 2016, 05:51 PM

They're mad and stuff xshakingmadx, and they started a weight lifting program. xthumbsupx I think we are assuming that once they unveil these new hulks, that the rest of the Big Sky will just award them the AQ, and forfeit the games to avoid injury. xdrunkyx

McNeese72
July 10th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Sam Houston returns 18 starters from a team that made a deep run in the play offs. The Bearcats are an obvious choice if you buy the rhetoric from "Sand bag U" (sometimes know as McNeese) that the cupboard is bare.

Hey, go look at all the preseason all-american lists. I think the only player who was on any of the lists is not now with the team. We have no good players.

Doc

JSUSoutherner
July 10th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Hey, go look at all the preseason all-american lists. I think the only player who was on any of the lists is not now with the team. We have no good players.

Doc

Yeah, you guys really suck. :D

McNeese72
July 11th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Yeah, you guys really suck. :D

Last time we played you guys several years back, you stomped us into a mudhole.

Doc

BEAR
July 11th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Southland 2016

Sam Houston (Plenty of returners)
SFA (lots of talent at QB and experience on the squad)
McNeese (sandbags as usual)
UCA (starting over..but tons of talent)
ACU (team chemistry wins the day)
SLU (transfers will make a difference)
Lamar (probably higher but not sure)
UIW (coming on strong)
NWST (might be lower)
Nicholls (the tradition continues)
HBU (um...yeah.)

ALPHAGRIZ1
July 11th, 2016, 01:54 PM
NDSU

BisonFan02
July 11th, 2016, 04:06 PM
NDSU

http://media0.giphy.com/media/GCLlQnV7wzKLu/giphy.gif

Sammy94
July 11th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Sam Houston (Plenty of returners)

Just ran the 100-game simulation, IF Sam can get by D2 Oklahoma Panhandle State the Kats will go undefeated during the regular season. Hope that thing is right. It would be nice to play all playoff games in Texas again.

SeattleBobcat
July 11th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Patriot - Colgate
NEC - Duquesne
Ivy - Columbia
CAA - Richmond
Big South - CSU
Socon - Samford
MEAC - Hampton
OVC - JSU
MVFC - NDSU
Southland - SHSU
SWAC - Prairie View
Big Sky Northern Arizona

I'd say this is pretty spot on with a caveat of the Big Sky will likely have at least 2 champions, NAU and PSU.

JSUSoutherner
July 11th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Just ran the 100-game simulation, IF Sam can get by D2 Oklahoma Panhandle State the Kats will go undefeated during the regular season. Hope that thing is right. It would be nice to play all playoff games in Texas again.
OPSU will beat you guys. It has been the Bearkat way to lose games you shouldn't to really bad teams over the past two years. :D

But that really makes me wonder...

If Chatty, JSU, and Sammy end up on the same side of the bracket again.

IF

A.) Chatty's only loss is Bama but they ran the SoCon and their OOC cupcakes

B.) JSU's only loss is LSU but has a win over Coastal and Liberty on the resume

C.) And Sammy is undefeated.

Who gets home field advantage between the three?

BisonFan02
July 11th, 2016, 07:47 PM
OPSU will beat you guys. It has been the Bearkat way to lose games you shouldn't to really bad teams over the past two years. :D

IF

If? Sounds probable.

POD Knows
July 11th, 2016, 08:07 PM

IF

B

dewey
July 11th, 2016, 10:07 PM

IF

I highly doubt in that scenario that all 3 teams would be on the same half of the bracket. I do think JSU would be the highest seeded team. Performance in past playoffs matter plus wins over Coastal Carolina and Liberty would be big.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
July 12th, 2016, 08:21 AM
I think an undefeated SHSU would be the highest seed of those 3 teams.

It really depends on how McNeese, UCA, and SFA (haven't done research just assume them to be the next best in SLC) do vs how Coastal, Liberty, and 2nd best OVC team do throughout the season.

LeadBolt
July 12th, 2016, 08:27 AM

IF

Since Chatty and Samford play each other, A & C are mutually exclusive.

BisonFan02
July 12th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Oh, and the answer is C. The selection committee loves undefeated records no matter the schedule. Sammy was the #1 seed in 2011 over 1 loss NDSU.

Of note....during the 5 peat run, NDSU has been the following seeds:

2011: #2 (1 loss, Youngstown State) #1 seed was SHSU
2012: #1 (1 loss, Indiana State)
2013: #1 (Undefeated)
2014: #2 (1 loss, UNI) #1 seed was UNH
2015: #3 (2 losses, Montana and USD) #1 seed was JSU and #2 was ISUr

POD Knows
July 12th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Since Chatty and Samford play each other, A & C are mutually exclusive.

That is pretty good :D

Ivytalk
July 12th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Although I hate to say it, Penn.

BEAR
July 12th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Looking over our updated roster we have 40 Freshman! HOW IN THE WORLD!!! Who else has that issue or that many on their team?! ​Yes, some are redshirt freshman..but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang! I've never seen it before!

Kolt Harfield (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3470&path=football)
QB
6-7
R-Fr.
Sugar Land, Texas / Clements HS

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//mcgill_deandre_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Deandre McGill (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3480&path=football)
LB
5-10
R-Fr.
Wynne, Ark. / Wynne HS

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//jackson_juan_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Juan Jackson (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3474&path=football)
DB
5-11
R-Fr.
Gardendale, Ala. / Gardendale HS

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//sutton_roy_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Roy Sutton (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3496&path=football)
LB
6-2
R-Fr.
Fort Worth, Texas / Fossil Ridge HS

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//ross_luke_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Luke Ross (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3489&path=football)
LB
6-0
R-Fr.
Madison, Miss. / Jackson Academy

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//chastain_quentin_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Quentin Chastain (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3455&path=football)
OL
6-6
R-Fr.
Rogers, Ark. / Springdale Har-Ber

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//lee_hunter_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Hunter Lee (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3477&path=football)
OL
6-6
R-Fr.
New Boston, Texas / New Boston

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//terrell_chris_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Chris Terrell (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3498&path=football)
DL
6-3
R-Fr.
Pensacola, Fla. / J.M. Tate HS

Dylan Smith (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3575&path=football)
RB
5-10
Fr.
Bentonville, Ark. / Bentonville HS

Brent Altieri (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3576&path=football)
LB
6-0
Fr.
Frisco, Texas / Wakeland HS

Jacob Schimmels (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3573&path=football)
LB
6-0
Fr.
Edmond, Okla. / Deer Creek

Brandon Brokeshoulder (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3570&path=football)
LB
5-10
Fr.
Ozark, Ark. / Ozarks HS

Toby Sanderson (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3572&path=football)
OL
6-2
Fr.
Edmond, Okla. / Edmond North

Cole Kennedy (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3583&path=football)
OL
6-1
Fr.

Arbnor Prelvukaj (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3571&path=football)
TE
6-4
Fr.
Conway, Ark. / Conway HS

Carlos Blackman (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3515&path=football)
RB
6-1
Fr.
Gosnell, Ark. / Gosnell HS

Kierre Crossley (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3516&path=football)
RB
5-8
Fr.
Everman, Texas / Everman HS

Breyden DeSpain (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3517&path=football)
WR
6-3
Fr.
Oologah, Okla. / Oologah HS

Cameron Devose (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3577&path=football)
LB
6-1
Fr.
Duncanville, Texas / Duncanville

Derek Fernandez (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3582&path=football)
RB
5-9
Fr.
Fort Smith, Ark. / Southside HS

Nathan Grant (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3518&path=football)
DE
6-4
Fr.
Carrollton, Texas / Hebron HS

Joe Hampton (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3519&path=football)
WR
6-2
Fr.
Little Rock, Ark. / Little Rock Christian

Adrian Harris (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3520&path=football)
OL
6-4
Fr.
Tyler, Texas / John Tyler HS

Jackie Harvell (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3521&path=football)
RB
5-11
Fr.
Gurdon, Ark. / Gurdon HS

Victor Hill (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3522&path=football)
LB
6-2
Fr.
Pensacola, Fla. / West Florida Tech HS

Alvin Johnson (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3584&path=football)
DB
5-8
Fr.
Cibolo, Texas / Steele HS

J.W. Jones (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3523&path=football)
DE
6-4
Fr.
Rayville, La. / Rayville HS

Keshawn Ledet (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3578&path=football)
RB
5-10
Fr.
Missouri City, Texas / Ridge Point HS

Justin Meadows (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3524&path=football)
WR
6-1
Fr.
Lonoke, Ark. / Lonoke HS

Joshua Nix (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3525&path=football)
TE
6-5
Fr.
Tuscumbia, Ala. / Deshler HS

Austin Norris (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3526&path=football)
DL
6-5
Fr.
Conway, Ark. / Conway HS

Brandon Northcross (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3527&path=football)
WR
6-0
Fr.
Ashdown, Ark. / Ashdown HS

Kevin Perkins (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3528&path=football)
RB
6-0
Fr.
Tunica, Miss. / Rosa Fort HS

Robert Rochell (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3529&path=football)
DB
6-2
Fr.
Shreveport, La. / Fair Park HS

John Parker Romo (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3530&path=football)
PK
5-11
Fr.
Peachtree City, Ga. / McIntosh HS

Leandre Rucks (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3531&path=football)
DB
6-6
Fr.
Strong, Ark. / Strong HS

Breylin Smith (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3532&path=football)
QB
6-3
Fr.
Conway, Ark. / Conway HS

Robert Paul Upshaw (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3580&path=football)
WR
6-0
Fr.
Little Rock, Ark. / Baptist Prep

Tyler Wallace (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3533&path=football)
OL
6-6
Fr.
Milton, Fla. / Milton HS

Hunter Watts (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3534&path=football)
OL
6-7
Fr.
San Antonio, Texas / John Marshall HS

BisonBacker
July 12th, 2016, 11:17 AM
The 2 conferences I follow:

Big Sky: UND

Valley: NDSU or UNI

That won't happen. I've heard they were so mad since last fall they've not come out of the weight room and now refuse to until their BFI is 0.0%. Even though folks have told them statistically that's impossible they are so mad they said they refused to leave the weight room until it happened xlolx

F'N Hawks
July 12th, 2016, 11:23 AM
That won't happen. I've heard they were so mad since last fall they've not come out of the weight room and now refuse to until their BFI is 0.0%. Even though folks have told them statistically that's impossible they are so mad they said they refused to leave the weight room until it happened xlolx

Seemed forced.

lionsrking2
July 12th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Looking over our updated roster we have 40 Freshman! HOW IN THE WORLD!!! Who else has that issue or that many on their team?! ​Yes, some are redshirt freshman..but daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang! I've never seen it before!

Kolt Harfield (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3470&path=football)
QB
6-7
R-Fr.
Sugar Land, Texas / Clements HS

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//mcgill_deandre_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Deandre McGill (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3480&path=football)
LB
5-10
R-Fr.
Wynne, Ark. / Wynne HS

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//jackson_juan_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Juan Jackson (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3474&path=football)
DB
5-11
R-Fr.
Gardendale, Ala. / Gardendale HS

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//sutton_roy_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Roy Sutton (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3496&path=football)
LB
6-2
R-Fr.
Fort Worth, Texas / Fossil Ridge HS

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//ross_luke_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Luke Ross (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3489&path=football)
LB
6-0
R-Fr.
Madison, Miss. / Jackson Academy

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//chastain_quentin_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Quentin Chastain (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3455&path=football)
OL
6-6
R-Fr.
Rogers, Ark. / Springdale Har-Ber

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//lee_hunter_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Hunter Lee (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3477&path=football)
OL
6-6
R-Fr.
New Boston, Texas / New Boston

http://www.ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?image_path=/images/2016/6/29//terrell_chris_2016.jpg&thumb_prefix=rp_roster
Chris Terrell (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3498&path=football)
DL
6-3
R-Fr.
Pensacola, Fla. / J.M. Tate HS

RB
5-10
Fr.

LB
6-0
Fr.

LB
6-0
Fr.

Brandon Brokeshoulder (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3570&path=football)
LB
5-10
Fr.
Ozark, Ark. / Ozarks HS

OL
6-2
Fr.

OL
6-1
Fr.

Arbnor Prelvukaj (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3571&path=football)
TE
6-4
Fr.
Conway, Ark. / Conway HS

Carlos Blackman (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3515&path=football)
RB
6-1
Fr.
Gosnell, Ark. / Gosnell HS

Kierre Crossley (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3516&path=football)
RB
5-8
Fr.
Everman, Texas / Everman HS

Breyden DeSpain (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3517&path=football)
WR
6-3
Fr.
Oologah, Okla. / Oologah HS

Cameron Devose (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3577&path=football)
LB
6-1
Fr.
Duncanville, Texas / Duncanville

Derek Fernandez (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3582&path=football)
RB
5-9
Fr.
Fort Smith, Ark. / Southside HS

Nathan Grant (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3518&path=football)
DE
6-4
Fr.
Carrollton, Texas / Hebron HS

Joe Hampton (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3519&path=football)
WR
6-2
Fr.
Little Rock, Ark. / Little Rock Christian

Adrian Harris (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3520&path=football)
OL
6-4
Fr.
Tyler, Texas / John Tyler HS

Jackie Harvell (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3521&path=football)
RB
5-11
Fr.
Gurdon, Ark. / Gurdon HS

Victor Hill (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3522&path=football)
LB
6-2
Fr.
Pensacola, Fla. / West Florida Tech HS

Alvin Johnson (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3584&path=football)
DB
5-8
Fr.
Cibolo, Texas / Steele HS

J.W. Jones (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3523&path=football)
DE
6-4
Fr.
Rayville, La. / Rayville HS

Keshawn Ledet (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3578&path=football)
RB
5-10
Fr.
Missouri City, Texas / Ridge Point HS

Justin Meadows (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3524&path=football)
WR
6-1
Fr.
Lonoke, Ark. / Lonoke HS

Joshua Nix (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3525&path=football)
TE
6-5
Fr.
Tuscumbia, Ala. / Deshler HS

Austin Norris (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3526&path=football)
DL
6-5
Fr.
Conway, Ark. / Conway HS

Brandon Northcross (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3527&path=football)
WR
6-0
Fr.
Ashdown, Ark. / Ashdown HS

Kevin Perkins (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3528&path=football)
RB
6-0
Fr.
Tunica, Miss. / Rosa Fort HS

Robert Rochell (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3529&path=football)
DB
6-2
Fr.
Shreveport, La. / Fair Park HS

John Parker Romo (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3530&path=football)
PK
5-11
Fr.
Peachtree City, Ga. / McIntosh HS

Leandre Rucks (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3531&path=football)
DB
6-6
Fr.
Strong, Ark. / Strong HS

Breylin Smith (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3532&path=football)
QB
6-3
Fr.
Conway, Ark. / Conway HS

Robert Paul Upshaw (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3580&path=football)
WR
6-0
Fr.
Little Rock, Ark. / Baptist Prep

Tyler Wallace (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3533&path=football)
OL
6-6
Fr.
Milton, Fla. / Milton HS

Hunter Watts (http://www.ucasports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3534&path=football)
OL
6-7
Fr.
San Antonio, Texas / John Marshall HS

How many are walk-ons? Sounds like you're probably listing them on the roster already.

BEAR
July 12th, 2016, 02:01 PM
How many are walk-ons? Sounds like you're probably listing them on the roster already.

These guys weren't part of the 28 high school kids that were recruited and announced...but funny they all have a number while the other freshman do not. The freshman that don't have numbers were recruited and signed.

RB
5-10
Fr.

LB
6-0
Fr.

LB
6-0
Fr.

LB
5-10
Fr.
Ozark, Ark. / Ozarks HS

OL
6-2
Fr.

OL
6-1
Fr.

TE
6-4
Fr.
Conway, Ark. / Conway HS

SFA 93
July 12th, 2016, 09:40 PM
SFA has 42 freshman/redshirt freshmen

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 12th, 2016, 09:45 PM
SFA has 42 freshman/redshirt freshmen

NDSU does not, and we're the best. So you're wrong.

BisonTru
July 12th, 2016, 10:02 PM
Not sure what I'm missing, but 40 kids between freshman and redshirt freshman is basically two classes. That's 20 kids a class. NDSU has 22 redshirt freshman and 27 new freshman coming in this fall. Total 49.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 12th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Not sure what I'm missing, but 40 kids between freshman and redshirt freshman is basically two classes. That's 20 kids a class. NDSU has 22 redshirt freshman and 27 new freshman coming in this fall. Total 49.

I was mostly being a smart ass, but i also didn't think he was counting the guys who would be red shirting this year. which was stupid on my part. As i was

BEAR
July 13th, 2016, 11:08 AM
I'm guessing RSFR can be used in two ways.

1. A player who redshirted last year and this is their first year of actual playing time. Technically they should be titled freshman but its their second year in the program so they have left: redshirt freshman, sophomore, junior and senior. Yeah their title should be changed to either freshman or something else since they are going to get playing time this year and they were possibly titled redshirt freshman last year.

2. A player that is actually a freshman and will not be playing.

I've noticed some rosters like the NDSU one doesn't have any "freshman" listed....they are all listed as redshirt freshman. Will that change?

BisonTru
July 13th, 2016, 01:44 PM

1. A player who redshirted last year and this is their first year of actual playing time. Technically they should be titled freshman but its their second year in the program so they have left: redshirt freshman, sophomore, junior and senior. Yeah their title should be changed to either freshman or something else since they are going to get playing time this year and they were possibly titled redshirt freshman last year.

I've noticed some rosters like the NDSU one doesn't have any "freshman" listed....they are all listed as redshirt freshman. Will that change?

NDSU doesn't have any incoming freshman listed. When the new recruits get into fall camp they will add them to the roster as freshman (no redshirt attached). Every schools different, but generally you don't know for sure who may need to have their redshirt pulled so most first year players are just listed as freshman. Second year players that used a redshirt are listed as redshirt freshman.

Looking at UCA it looks as if they have 8 redshirt freshman and 32 first year freshman. That's a pretty big 2016 class, but a fairly small 2015 class. If I remember off hand you guys lost a lot so it's possible you didn't have a lot of schollies two years ago, but last recruiting cycle you had quite a few.

lionsrking2
July 13th, 2016, 02:02 PM

If there's an "R-Fr" or "Rf" designation under the classification, that means they have already used a redshirt year and have four years of eligibility remaining. If it's just "Fr" that means they are an incoming freshman with a redshirt still available, plus four years of eligibility. Combined, UCA has 40 kids on the roster with four years of eligibility remaining. That's pretty much what it means. It's not that unusual.

BEAR
July 13th, 2016, 02:49 PM
NDSU doesn't have any incoming freshman listed. When the new recruits get into fall camp they will add them to the roster as freshman (no redshirt attached). Every schools different, but generally you don't know for sure who may need to have their redshirt pulled so most first year players are just listed as freshman. Second year players that used a redshirt are listed as redshirt freshman.

Looking at UCA it looks as if they have 8 redshirt freshman and 32 first year freshman. That's a pretty big 2016 class, but a fairly small 2015 class. If I remember off hand you guys lost a lot so it's possible you didn't have a lot of schollies two years ago, but last recruiting cycle you had quite a few.

Exactly. This kind of goes with my thread earlier about large freshman classes. While most senior classes were about 16 in the SLC, UCA had 28 which contributed to the large freshman class. I'd prefer some balance through the classes.

Schism55
July 13th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Anyone know if there is a good Big Sky conference preview around?

clenz
July 13th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Anyone know if there is a good Big Sky conference preview around?

Soon there will be.