PDA

View Full Version : Athlon Projected FCS playoff teams

Gangtackle11
June 14th, 2016, 02:01 PM
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/projected-fcs-playoff-qualifiers-2016

dewey
June 14th, 2016, 02:39 PM
6 MVFC teams in the projected field. I like it.

Dewey

Mattymc727
June 14th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Out of all the years for UNH to miss the playoffs, I dont think it will be this one, too easy of a schedule.

Terry2889
June 15th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Well, for the first time in our run we don't have an incumbent Quarterback in an offensive system that is quarterback driven.

Daytripper
June 15th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Waiting for McNeese fan to bring the sandbags.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/UNH53BJMfWbF6/giphy.gif

UNIFanSince1983
June 15th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Craig Haley must be on the board. Saying that the Fighting Hawks are still talking about being left out last year xnodx

RichH2
June 15th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Not an inconceivable.lineup. Hopefully it doesn't become an annual lineup going forward. Ither conferences have to up their game to earn more at larges.

centennial
June 15th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Craig Haley must be on the board. Saying that the Fighting Hawks are still talking about being left out last year xnodx

It's a good day when professional writers troll UND fans.

Grizalltheway
June 15th, 2016, 10:42 AM
If EWU wins the Big Sky this year, I'll eat a chunk of red turf.

TheValleyRaider
June 15th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Seems a bit too stable from the year before. I know it's a projection, something to talk about, and I shouldn't read too much into it, but he's got 8 of the 10 conference champs repeating from a year ago. It feels like there ought to be more turnover there.

RichH2
June 15th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Seems a bit too stable from the year before. I know it's a projection, something to talk about, and I shouldn't read too much into it, but he's got 8 of the 10 conference champs repeating from a year ago. It feels like there ought to be more turnover there.
:) I agree wholeheartedly. Voting for the Pats to crown a new champ next season.:) :)

Terry2889
June 15th, 2016, 12:09 PM
If EWU wins the Big Sky this year, I'll eat a chunk of red turf.

I hear it has good legs, with accents of oak and chocolate.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
June 15th, 2016, 12:13 PM
UND has a better shot of winning the conference than EWU

ursus arctos horribilis
June 15th, 2016, 12:55 PM

He is a member here. I think it's fairly likely he saw a bit on twitter and so forth as well.

Grizalltheway
June 15th, 2016, 02:11 PM

Yep

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 15th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Well, for the first time in our run we don't have an incumbent Quarterback in an offensive system that is quarterback driven.

Don't forget the streak started when an untested redshirt freshman QB took over for the injured incumbent in the second quarter of the first game. Riese and Knight both have more experience that Ricky did that Thursday night in Newark.

Terry2889
June 15th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Lets not go comparing Riese and Knight to arguably the most important player in UNH history just yet. Remember that Granieri was a phenomenal quarterback coming in that year. So you could argue that the streak of excellent Quarterbacks really goes all the way back to Ryan Day.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 15th, 2016, 04:56 PM

No Montana or EWU for UND this year. They will be at the top of the BS for sure.

Twentysix
June 16th, 2016, 12:06 AM
No Montana or EWU for UND this year. They will be at the top of the BS for sure.

If UND is going to win the BS, this is probably their year. Schedule + coming off some momentum.

MR. CHICKEN
June 16th, 2016, 06:49 AM
........HEY BRAWK........WHERE'S DELAWARE.....xconfusedx.......YOU SAID...." GUARANTEED.....WE'D BE DANCIN' "..............BROCK!

Tribe4SF
June 16th, 2016, 07:03 AM
........HEY BRAWK........WHERE'S DELAWARE.....xconfusedx.......YOU SAID...." GUARANTEED.....WE'D BE DANCIN' "..............BROCK!

Maybe you'll be fowled up again.

clenz
June 16th, 2016, 07:08 AM
If UND is going to win the BS, this is probably their year. Schedule + coming off some momentum.
Plus eleventybillion hours in the weight room.

Mattymc727
June 16th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Lets not go comparing Riese and Knight to arguably the most important player in UNH history just yet. Remember that Granieri was a phenomenal quarterback coming in that year. So you could argue that the streak of excellent Quarterbacks really goes all the way back to Ryan Day.

The streak of excellent QBs ended with Goldrich. We have been starting fresh for 3 years now....

F'N Hawks
June 16th, 2016, 09:10 AM

Uncountable hours. Not even healthy at this point.

clenz
June 16th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Uncountable hours. Not even healthy at this point.
This guy are called "Tiny" at UND now

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_N-lLFhD7bxE/S4BynZ-oVII/AAAAAAAACHY/wVTCwI3tz_s/s400/Gregg+Valentino+World's+Biggest+Biceps+02.jpg

Silenoz
June 16th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Who wants to bet we beat UNI on the road and everyone starts thinking national champ contenders...

and then we lose to Poly and Sac State or something

BisonBacker
June 16th, 2016, 11:56 AM

xlolx I've been waiting for a comment like this xlolx

Thumper 76
June 16th, 2016, 02:54 PM

Pretty good way to get a higher percentage right I would guess. Most teams that won have fairly consistent programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

centennial
June 16th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Who wants to bet we beat UNI on the road and everyone starts thinking national champ contenders...

Nope.... but it is UNI. All we need is to Farley to go crazy and change the offense half way through the game. Or better play prevent.

Still with 40-50 new players, I don't know what to expect from Montana even with the load of transfers.

Bisonator
June 16th, 2016, 03:29 PM

Wouldn't be shocked. They stumble out of the gate, hit their stride about mid season (or whenever they play NDSU) and then choke in the PO's.

Terry2889
June 19th, 2016, 06:40 AM
The streak of excellent QBs ended with Goldrich. We have been starting fresh for 3 years now....

We've been so spoiled that we've convinced ourselves that Goldrich wasn't good. His stats tell a different story. Also, he took us farther than any other QB in school history. Let's not forget that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 19th, 2016, 08:08 AM

Beating UNI at home is a tough task for Montana this year. UNI has to replace some defensive guys but there is no reason to believe they will not reload on defense.

UNI is going to be tough to beat this year IMO.

Colgate98
June 21st, 2016, 09:36 AM
Don't sleep on Colgate.

thebootfitter
June 21st, 2016, 05:46 PM

This guy are called "Tiny" at UND now

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_N-lLFhD7bxE/S4BynZ-oVII/AAAAAAAACHY/wVTCwI3tz_s/s400/Gregg+Valentino+World's+Biggest+Biceps+02.jpg

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Clenz again." Nice!