PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a Helmet?

AttaBoyCowboy
June 10th, 2016, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjfximxpeuc
Fullback Quinn Zamora is a three-year starter who loves to dominate at the point of contact (just ask other Big Sky coaches). He has great feet from playing 14 years of hockey and sustains his blocks. Zamora has good hands (he has caught all the passes thrown to him). Good strength with 29 reps in bench.

POD Knows
June 10th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Fullback Quinn Zamora is a three-year starter who loves to dominate at the point of contact (just ask other Big Sky coaches). He has great feet from playing 14 years of hockey and sustains his blocks. Zamora has good hands (he has caught all the passes thrown to him). Good strength with 29 reps in bench.

What, are you his agent or something??

JayJ79
June 10th, 2016, 05:26 PM
If the ball carrier’s helmet comes off the ball is dead (Rule 4-1-3-q).

If the player is not the ball carrier the ball remains alive, but he must not continue to participate in the play beyond the immediate action in which he is engaged. Prolonged participation is a personal foul (Rule 9-1-17). By definition such a player is obviously out of the play (Rule 9-1-12-b).

Laker
June 10th, 2016, 06:06 PM
Even Bronko Nagurski wore a helmet. One of the toughest to ever play the game. Can't play with your helmet off.

Go Green
June 10th, 2016, 07:08 PM
The extra five yards just aren't worth it.

JALMOND
June 10th, 2016, 09:10 PM
If you're going to party, wear a party hat.xthumbsupx

Catatonic
June 11th, 2016, 04:02 AM
Will he be wearing his helmet when y'all come to visit us down in Abilene town this fall? Or should I alert the EMT's?

Milktruck74
June 11th, 2016, 08:31 AM
If the ball carrier’s helmet comes off the ball is dead (Rule 4-1-3-q).

If the player is not the ball carrier the ball remains alive, but he must not continue to participate in the play beyond the immediate action in which he is engaged. Prolonged participation is a personal foul (Rule 9-1-17). By definition such a player is obviously out of the play (Rule 9-1-12-b).

Exactly what I was thinking.

BisonFan02
June 11th, 2016, 08:37 AM
The OP needs a helmet.

KPSUL
June 11th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Many of you have probably seen this, but it seemed appropriate to post it again here:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/04/helmetless-football-practice-university-of-new-hampshire

POD Knows
June 11th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Many of you have probably seen this, but it seemed appropriate to post it again here:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/04/helmetless-football-practice-university-of-new-hampshire

I didn't get by the third sentence and the statement "best in the FCS", what does the rest of the article say. xlolx

KPSUL
June 11th, 2016, 06:01 PM
I didn't get by the third sentence and the statement "best in the FCS", what does the rest of the article say. xlolx

Don't know why that phrase was chosen, you'll have to contact the editors at Sports Illustrated to find out. It is a pretty good article past that point so I recommend you skip that and read the rest. Or do an internet search and pick another write up from the dozens of other sources as diverse as fox news and NPR.

POD Knows
June 11th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Don't know why that phrase was chosen, you'll have to contact the editors at Sports Illustrated to find out. It is a pretty good article past that point so I recommend you skip that and read the rest. Or do an internet search and pick another write up from the dozens of other sources as diverse as fox news and NPR.

I read it, I was just giving you crap.

JayJ79
June 12th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Helmetless practices are one thing. Helmetless games are a completely different thing.

I mean, if no one had a helmet, it would change things (similar to rugby or aussie rules), but one person playing without a helmet when everyone else has them is dumb and dangerous

AttaBoyCowboy
June 14th, 2016, 12:44 PM
What, are you his agent or something??
No I am not his agent, just a fan of the Big Sky. In fact it is my belief that if Nick Butier of NAU hadn't got hurt last year, he would have been the best FB in FCS and very capable of playing at the next level. I feel the same way about Zamora going into the 2016 season. You should appreciate the play of FBs, since the Bison offense loves to use one (and sometimes two on the same play) in their offense. Though Bonnet got more press than Cyr, I think Cyr was a better FB. He never turned his shoulders at point of contact, like Bonnet would often do.

BisonFan02
June 14th, 2016, 01:01 PM
No I am not his agent, just a fan of the Big Sky. In fact it is my belief that if Nick Butier of NAU hadn't got hurt last year, he would have been the best FB in FCS and very capable of playing at the next level. I feel the same way about Zamora going into the 2016 season. You should appreciate the play of FBs, since the Bison offense loves to use one (and sometimes two on the same play) in their offense. Though Bonnet got more press than Cyr, I think Cyr was a better FB. He never turned his shoulders at point of contact, like Bonnet would often do.

The Cyr (and Grothmann at NDSU before him) style of FB is gone in the NFL. Those are our farm kids (Grothmann at a ranch and Cyr was a truck driver) that liked to run through a wall and hit people over....and over.....and over...and over again.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
June 15th, 2016, 12:11 PM
The Cyr (and Grothmann at NDSU before him) style of FB is gone in the NFL. Those are our farm kids (Grothmann at a ranch and Cyr was a truck driver) that liked to run through a wall and hit people over....and over.....and over...and over again.

For sure which is why Bonnet got a shot at the next level with his multi-use skill set. Can block, catch, run, play tight end, fullback, H-back. Even with numerous penalties. Yet, a guy like Cyr who was a great blocker and was infrequently penalized does not. (Not going to look it up how many in his career.)

bulldog10jw
June 15th, 2016, 12:13 PM
crimsonfan. Although it's probably too late.

Son of Eli
June 15th, 2016, 04:30 PM

xsmileyclapx

BisonFan02
June 15th, 2016, 04:43 PM

I thought you guys hated helmets?

#leatherorbust

POD Knows
June 15th, 2016, 04:59 PM

I was just giving you crap, I had seen this video in a couple other places on different message boards. Bonnet has a different skill set than Cyr and I think that is why he is getting a shot in the NFL. Cyr was basically a blocking back.

blackbeard
June 17th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Helmet? Coach don't need no stinking helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZtL40r3so