PDA

View Full Version : OVC Preseason Talk

eiu1999
May 31st, 2016, 01:53 PM
If anyone cares.

Insert joke.

EIU quarterback battle to replace Whitlow.

The two main competitors are junior Austin Green (6-3,195) and Bud Martin, transfer from FIU.

OSBF
May 31st, 2016, 01:56 PM
If anyone cares.

Insert joke.

The two main competitors are junior Austin Green (6-3,195) and Bud Martin, transfer from FIU.

What about the local kid, Jimmy Pilson's kid?

SU DOG
May 31st, 2016, 03:25 PM
Can anybody(maybe EKU) in that conference give JSU any competition? There might be more interest for OVC football if somebody could beat the Gamecocks. Again this year, however, looks like a TALL order.

Thumper 76
May 31st, 2016, 03:44 PM
If anyone cares.

Insert joke. (OVC football xlolx)

Couldn't resist, sorry. Would like to see some chatter here though seems we get a bunch on the PL, MVFC, Big Sky, Southland, and CAA but not much OVC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTUEagles
May 31st, 2016, 09:09 PM
I'm excited about TTU's future with the new coaching staff. It appears to be the most energetic group we've had there, maybe ever, and does have the University and alumni very excited. I've heard season ticket sales are headed for a record #... As for on the field... The new coaches are getting the motivation and interest parts done, not sure they can coach or recruit yet...

JSUSoutherner
May 31st, 2016, 11:12 PM
Can anybody(maybe EKU) in that conference give JSU any competition? There might be more interest for OVC football if somebody could beat the Gamecocks. Again this year, however, looks like a TALL order.
For the sake of boredom I hope so. But I expect we will move to 24-0 in conference play. We have EIU and UTM at home. We do have EKU on the road but we've won our last three match ups with an average score of 41-5. Our last game in Richmond was 20-6 and we held EKU to just two field goals.

That said, there are quite a few OVC match ups I'm looking forward to between teams not named JSU. I feel a lot of games in the conference will be very competitive.

eiu1999
June 2nd, 2016, 04:41 PM
What about the local kid, Jimmy Pilson's kid?

Not likely, the QB will be one of the two above.

eiu1999
June 2nd, 2016, 04:43 PM
For the sake of boredom I hope so. But I expect we will move to 24-0 in conference play. We have EIU and UTM at home. We do have EKU on the road but we've won our last three match ups with an average score of 41-5. Our last game in Richmond was 20-6 and we held EKU to just two field goals.

That said, there are quite a few OVC match ups I'm looking forward to between teams not named JSU. I feel a lot of games in the conference will be very competitive.

EIU won't be scoring much, so I don't think JSU has much to worry about there.