PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun...2007 semi-finalists?

Sir William
December 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM
App State...and who else?

mistersykes
December 19th, 2006, 08:20 PM
App, Furman, Wofford, and Western Carolina. xlolxxlolx xlolx

AppGuy04
December 19th, 2006, 08:37 PM
NDSU;)

BigApp
December 19th, 2006, 09:01 PM
San Diego!! :D :D :D

appfan2008
December 19th, 2006, 11:24 PM
so ill try to be a little more serious than the previous posts how about
ASU
UNH
Montana
UNI

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2006, 08:33 AM
2 traditionals and 2 wildcards

App St
Montana
UC Davis
Northeastern

OL FU
December 20th, 2006, 08:35 AM

App St
Montana
UC Davis
Northeastern

So Davis is eligible next yearxsmileyclapx
SDSU and NDSU in 2008:confused:

Eyes of Old Main
December 20th, 2006, 09:10 AM
App, Furman, Wofford, and Western Carolina. xlolxxlolx xlolx

I wasn't aware Coach Briggs had been fired. That's the only way WCU will ever have a shot at a winning season, much less the playoffs.

BrevardMountaineer03
December 20th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Appalachian State, New Hampshire, Montana, Northern Iowa

appstate1998
December 20th, 2006, 01:20 PM
App State
Montana
James Madison
Portland State

Fordham
December 20th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Elon
Richmond
UNI

Fordham

OL FU
December 20th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Elon
Richmond
UNI

Fordham

Wrong FU:smiley_wi

CharlestonAppFan
December 20th, 2006, 01:31 PM
ASU - hopefully a 3-peat, but going to be really tough
Montana - if offense comes around then this is the #1 contender
Northern Iowa - quarterback is a senior next year right?
Toss up for the last spot....maybe the Vermin, if injuries don't rittle them again

Fordham
December 20th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Wrong FU:smiley_wi
actually, the Magic 8 ball I have just said "Rams", so maybe a URI poster can chime in?

89Hen
December 20th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Good grief. I haven't studied enough returning info to even guess. The chalk vote is probably AppSt, Montana, somebody from the Gateway and somebody from the A10. Really going out on a limb there, eh? :p

FlyYtown
December 20th, 2006, 02:44 PM
YSU is quickly becoming Transfer U; and with spots being filled 2 deep at every position last year for the most part, and with our QB returning for his 4th year in charge of our offense... I would definately put YSU up there.

-APPY
-UNI
-MONTANA
-YSU

Mountaineer#96
December 20th, 2006, 02:52 PM
APP State ( no homer pick, seriously :rotateh: )

Portland State

Youngstown State

Montana

FargoBison
December 20th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Montana
App St
?????
?????

Montana and App St look solid again but I don't see any clear cut choice after those two.

grizfan86
December 20th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Sand Diego
North Dakota State
Yale
Oakland Raiders

OL FU
December 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM
actually, the Magic 8 ball I have just said "Rams", so maybe a URI poster can chime in?

I think the team has a better chance of making the final four than a URI fan posting:nod:

Sir William
December 20th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Here is the correct answer:

App State...must avoid overconfidence
Montana...must avoid Montana State and Portland State losses
Youngstown State...must avoid JMU in the playoffs
Furman...must avoid key injuries

OL FU
December 20th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Here is the correct answer:

App State...must avoid overconfidence
Montana...must avoid Montana State and Portland State losses
Youngstown State...must avoid JMU in the playoffs
Furman...must avoid key injuries

Furman...[I]must avoid key injuries and practice special teams at least 8 hours a day, 8 days a week for the next 8 months:nod:

Sir William
December 20th, 2006, 03:38 PM
You got that right!

RabidRabbit
December 20th, 2006, 03:38 PM
App St
Poly
Montana
Gateway Top (YSU/UNI?)

Ronbo
December 20th, 2006, 03:44 PM
List your record this year and your starters back. Then it would be easy to see who is going to be strong next year.

Montana (12-2) has 17 starters back plus both kickers. We will replace our graduating center with JD Quinn from Oklahoma and Lex Hilliard is back. We have every skill position back except QB and there we have the 2005 starter Cole Bergquist back as a Junior. He has matured really nicely and looked great every time he got in this year.

There will be great disappointment in Grizland if we don't make the Semi's in 2007.

Sir William
December 20th, 2006, 03:47 PM
List your record this year and your starters back. Then it would be easy to see who is going to be strong next year.

Montana (12-2) has 17 starters back plus both kickers. We will replace our graduating center with JD Quinn from Oklahoma and Lex Hilliard is back. We have every skill position back except QB and there we have the 2005 starter Cole Bergquist back as a Junior. He has matured really nicely and looked great every time he got in this year.

There will be great disappointment in Grizland if we don't make the Semi's in 2007.

Ok. Here is the national championship (forget the semis)...

Montana 31, App State 28 (App stopped on 4th and goal with 18 seconds remaining)

Sir William
December 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM

Montana 31, App State 28 (App stopped on 4th and goal with 18 seconds remaining)

Pardon me...Montana 31, App 27

GrizFamily
December 20th, 2006, 03:58 PM

There will be great disappointment in Grizland if we don't make the Semi's in 2007.Great post Ronbo, but Griz Nation is always disappointed when the season ends with a loss. :smiley_wi

Montana 31, App State 27 (App stopped on 4th and goal with 18 seconds remaining)

I like the way you think, Rabbit!!:D

OL FU
December 20th, 2006, 04:29 PM
If someone would have ask me at the start of this season about 2007, I would have picked Furman in the 2007 final four in a heart beat since we will be a senior ( no jokes about old folks, thank you) team next year.

Even considering the injuries, We played one really good game, two good games, 7 mediocre ones and two really bad ones in 2006. I think I will wait awhile before putting Furman in the mix.

PantherRob82
December 20th, 2006, 04:47 PM
App St
James Madison
UNI
Montana

ASU Kep
December 20th, 2006, 04:52 PM
ASU v. Ill. State

Montana v. YSU.

AggiePride
December 20th, 2006, 04:53 PM

App St
Montana
UC Davis
Northeastern

That's the plan. :thumbsup:

Mountain Panther
December 20th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Northern Iowa - quarterback is a senior next year right?

Yes he is.

My picks:

UNI
Portland State
App State
Montana

UNI-PSU in the final with UNI winning by 1. Not so much that this will happen...it would just fulfill Mountain Panther's fantasy.

GaSouthern
December 20th, 2006, 05:33 PM
GSU
vs.
Elon

and

Savannah State
vs.
San Diego

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

FurmanPaladins4138
December 20th, 2006, 05:41 PM
This is total speculation, with a touch of bias, in no particular order...
Furman because they're my team
James Madison because I like them
Wofford because the SoCon is strong next year
Maine...just because.

App St. gets surprised in the second round by San Diego :).

FlyYtown
December 20th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I must say I am not sold on JMU for next year, and quite a few fans at the YSU game were not either.... Rascati ran that offense with perfection and with leaving due to graduation, they got a big shoe to fill their. Now if they can get a BS Transfer, they will be fine; but right now I don't see them as tough as this year.... Nor do I see YSU either, but if we get these 14+ transfers... Watch Out!

SunCoastBlueHen
December 20th, 2006, 06:20 PM
The only thing I know is that Delaware will be better than last year...

Does that mean playoffs or semi-finals? I don't know. Better than last year? Pretty certain.

PantherRob82
December 20th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I must say I am not sold on JMU for next year, and quite a few fans at the YSU game were not either.... Rascati ran that offense with perfection and with leaving due to graduation, they got a big shoe to fill their. Now if they can get a BS Transfer, they will be fine; but right now I don't see them as tough as this year.... Nor do I see YSU either, but if we get these 14+ transfers... Watch Out!

BS transfers don't always equal success.

Mountain Panther
December 20th, 2006, 06:38 PM
ASU v. Ill. State

Montana v. YSU.

Just curious why you say Ill State. They lose their star RB and WR. Do they have some serious underclassmen talent I don't know about?

Cobblestone
December 20th, 2006, 06:41 PM
I think the team has a better chance of making the final four than a URI fan posting:nod:

Wrong! :D
======================================

Georgia Southern
APP. ST.
Montana
UNH

th0m
December 20th, 2006, 07:08 PM

Not only do we have to replace our QB, we also have to replace 2 All American D-linemen, 2 Linebackers (1 All American and Buchanan finalist in Akeem Jordan), and 2 O-linemen (1 All American in Corey Davis).

We have a lot of youth, that's for sure. We 'only' lose 14 seniors (5 on D, 9 on O), but all of them were starters and most of them hugely contributed in our championship year in '04 (Rascati, Banks, Fenner, Davis, Boxley to name a few...). We have our leading rusher back next year (Holloman), and our leading receiver (Baker) as well though. Tony LeZotte, our 3-time All-A10 FS is also back.

ASUSig
December 20th, 2006, 07:12 PM
ASU
YSU
Montana
JMU or
Look for someone to sneak into the 4th spot next year.

89Hen
December 20th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Lots of love for UNH and JMU. Neither made the semis this year and both lose key players (moreso JMU).

chiapet9
December 20th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Lots of love for UNH and JMU. Neither made the semis this year and both lose key players (moreso JMU).

even more reason to suspect a sneak attack by the Dukies. the year before the championship season in 2004 we weren't much to shake a stick at either. never know what could happen.

chiapet9
December 20th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Hampton. (one day they'll win a first round game...and i want to be the one who predicted it!)
Montana State. (they were pretty good this year. too bad they had to travel to App St.)
Southern Illinois. (honestly - i don't know if anyone in the gateway will make the semis....but what the heck.)
Maine. (probably not. probably won't even make the playoffs. but it would be fun if they did.)

this is most likely 99% wrong. but who the hell cares - because the 2007 is 9 months away!

ASUSig
December 21st, 2006, 12:08 AM
I care... why? because w/o football season... the semester is just so boring...

Redbird Fan 21
December 21st, 2006, 12:34 AM
Just curious why you say Ill State. They lose their star RB and WR. Do they have some serious underclassmen talent I don't know about?

Key returnee's:
Sr. QB Luke Drone (starter)
Sr. WR Jason Horton
Sr. WR Dan Passarelli
Jr. WR Jake Rourke (all WR's saw good time especially when L-Rob was injured)
Sr. RB Rafael Rice (saw decent action last year and is a tough runner)
Sr. RB Alam Abrams (transfer from 'Ole Miss that did not play much this year but did start 3 games there his soph year... strong back)
So. RB Geno Blow (shoulda been redshirted this year, had 10-15 carries maybe but he has a load of potential)
All but one OL is back...
Sr. Mordis and Sr. Meridith are back at TE and H-Back

Defense:
Lose 3 DL but with a rotation of 8-9 from last year we have 6 that can fill those spots and keep the rotation going
Sr. Kye Stewart is back but the loss of Sisko and Campbell will hurt. Sr. Hronic and Jr. Cucci will have to step up but they have been in the system for a while
Sr. Jessie Caeser back at CB
So. Jason Tate was CB #3, now #2 with a great upside
Jr. Tom Nelson will be back at FS
Sr. Nick Passarelli will be back after a medical redshirt year to solidify the secondary at SS

According to the present roster i believe we will have 23 seniors next year so we will be an experienced team..

For the projected lineup that i have in my head we will have 13 Seniors starting (7 Offense 6 defense), 7 junoirs (4 on O, 3 on D) and 2 sophomores both on D.

Hope that helps...

Stricker46
December 21st, 2006, 07:21 AM
Is their a Recruiting poll or ranking for the 1AA Recruiting class of 2007 ??

SochorField
December 21st, 2006, 08:18 AM
It will be interesting to see how USD des now that Harbaugh is gone.

As for UC Davis making the playoffs next year, that would be great....It seems like we've gone 6-4 or 6-5 every year of the transition so we must be close.

App State
Montana
Portland State
Poly/UC Davis

...YSU, JMU

mcveyrl
December 21st, 2006, 08:26 AM
Not only do we have to replace our QB, we also have to replace 2 All American D-linemen, 2 Linebackers (1 All American and Buchanan finalist in Akeem Jordan), and 2 O-linemen (1 All American in Corey Davis).

We have a lot of youth, that's for sure. We 'only' lose 14 seniors (5 on D, 9 on O), but all of them were starters and most of them hugely contributed in our championship year in '04 (Rascati, Banks, Fenner, Davis, Boxley to name a few...). We have our leading rusher back next year (Holloman), and our leading receiver (Baker) as well though. Tony LeZotte, our 3-time All-A10 FS is also back.

We'll have to have a new offense next year for Landers (or one of the red-shirt freshman MIGHT step in). Probably something like the spread offense that ASU runs, but our QB is bigger and won't be as fast (he is fast, just not Edwards fast). I think it will still be a balanced offense with a different look.

On defense...it's a crap shoot.

JMU2004
December 21st, 2006, 08:41 AM
We'll have to have a new offense next year for Landers (or one of the red-shirt freshman MIGHT step in). Probably something like the spread offense that ASU runs, but our QB is bigger and won't be as fast (he is fast, just not Edwards fast). I think it will still be a balanced offense with a different look.

On defense...it's a crap shoot.

Offenseive Starters Lost
QB Rascati
OL Davis
OL Parham
WR Boxley
WR Bransford
FB Patrick

Defensive Starters Lost
DE Winston
DL Suppon
LB Jordan
LB Dottin-Carter
SS Minafield

Total 11 starters lost, 11 return. We do lose Banks and Fenner at RB as well.

Should be a solid, YOUNG team next year. I expect a 7-4 or 8-3 year.

bcrawf
December 21st, 2006, 11:29 AM
UNI
YSU
IlSU
SIU

Gateway Dominance :) :)

OL FU
December 21st, 2006, 11:35 AM
Wrong! :D
======================================

Georgia Southern
APP. ST.
Montana
UNH

Cool:nod:

89Hen
December 21st, 2006, 02:53 PM
the year before the championship season in 2004 we weren't much to shake a stick at either.
Yeah, but what happened after 1995, 96, 97, 98.... ? :p

GtFllsGriz
December 21st, 2006, 03:30 PM
I would say Appy goes far. They look as close to unbeatable as I have seen in awhile.

The Griz should be right up there, the key word being SHOULD.

I cannot say from there. Avoiding injuries to key players is huge. I am still shocked that the Griz went so far without Hilliard. Imagine SIU or UMass without their stud running backs.

ASUPATCH
December 21st, 2006, 07:58 PM
No one did the apps huh..........OK we lose 3 on offense....2 lineman and and our go to WR. On D we lose one safety one linebacker and 3 DLinemen....all in all we lose 8 of 22...hence we return 14.

What we have left is a Sophmore QB in Edwards who is kinda special....Richardson at RB who set the Division 1 touchdown record and Kerry Brown at guard who if he stay healthy might be a day 2 pick in the NFL.
On D we return 3 linebackers who started at least 4 games.....Speer injured insert Roman, Speer Healty insert Speer next to Roman. Both CB who are vastly underrated IMO and a safety in Lynch that maybe the best in FCS land. Are one glaring hole would be on the DL. Tharrington the sensation true freshman will be back and that is it. We need guys to step up sign with us or transfer. If the DL gets shored up which I think it will, here is my final 4

Apps(still the most talent with alot of playoff experiece)
Montana(returns alot of starters and if they get home playoff games they dont lose them often)
Delaware(My suprise pick, return alot of starts and have a few key tranfers)
New Hapshire(Santos is still amazing)

Outside looking in UNI, Furman, Umass, YSU
think JMU lost to mucht o be as high as some are predicting.
Montana State is in for alot of legal issues and firing and what not.

chiapet9
December 21st, 2006, 09:01 PM
I care... why? because w/o football season... the semester is just so boring...

whatever. this is just ANOTHER thread so that App. State fans can predict that they'll once again be in the semis and that they'll win it all again.

whooopdy doooooo:bang:

Jackluv
December 22nd, 2006, 03:52 AM
ASU
NAU
UNH
UNI haha

gamesaver22
December 22nd, 2006, 05:22 PM
NAU------HAHAHAHAHA

McNeese75
December 22nd, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yes he is.

My picks:

UNI
Portland State
App State
Montana

UNI-PSU in the final with UNI winning by 1. Not so much that this will happen...it would just fulfill Mountain Panther's fantasy.

That will be quite a season for PSU especially after they have to recover from a loss in their first game in Lake Charles :nod: