PDA

View Full Version : Chris over at championshipsubdivision.com has retired from the national scene

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Some of you are there a lot so you probably already know this. Anyway, ALPHA and I bought the place from Chris a couple months back and will be running that board as well.

Nothing will change in either place really except that in some instances where FCS is concerned (The poll, schedules, etc.) there will be some sharing of resources.

That's basically it, just wanted to let you peoples know. Tip of the cap to Chris for running a place I have always enjoyed being a part of over there.

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 12:03 PM
If its the same ownership do we even need two sites? Just double the maintence for you. Just re-direct that URL here, and create R-Rated Political and Locker Room sub-forums since that is the main driver there

mvemjsunpx
May 25th, 2016, 12:06 PM
If its the same ownership do we even need two sites? Just double the maintence for you. Just re-direct that URL here, and create R-Rated Political and Locker Room sub-forums since that is the main driver there

Except the phpBB board software there is better than the vBulletin stuff here.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 12:08 PM

They are two fairly different and unique communities and they will stay that way unless a majority of users over there wanted to be part of this which I know they don't. I like it as it is over there and already treat it as if it just different sections of one big site that I just need two tabs to navigate it easily. xlolx

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 12:10 PM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/OMG-GIF_2.gif?gs=a

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 12:10 PM

I'm no php guy, but presumably AGS could always be migrated to newer/better software

OL FU
May 25th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Congrats. and thanks to Chris. Starting that board at a time of trouble for this one was a great thingxthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
May 25th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I've never even gone over there

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 12:17 PM
They are two fairly different and unique communities and they will stay that way unless a majority of users over there wanted to be part of this which I know they don't. I like it as it is over there and already treat it as if it just different sections of one big site that I just need two tabs to navigate it easily. xlolx
Exactly. Right now one has to go to AGS for (admittedly NDSU-centric) football content, while CS is a more active place for "other discussion."

Anyways, just my thoughts. It just seems weird to to have such a fractured community, especially when the cause of that is long gone

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 12:19 PM

How? I like the vb better but I don't see any major differences in how they work.

AshevilleApp2
May 25th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I'm over there a lot, but didn't know about this. Thanks Chris and congrats to the two of you.

mvemjsunpx
May 25th, 2016, 12:25 PM
How? I like the vb better but I don't see any major differences in how they work.

I've had some glitch issues, particularly with the Quick Reply function. That could just be Firefox, though.

phpBB also allows tweet embedding, which this place doesn't as far as I can find.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Exactly. Right now one has to go to AGS for (admittedly NDSU-centric) football content, while CS is a more active place for "other discussion."

Anyways, just my thoughts. It just seems weird to to have such a fractured community, especially when the cause of that is long gone

Yes, that is a great point but they were fractured and I am interested in them not fracturing further and if at some point they could come back together then I am fine with that, I am fine with it this way too cuz as I said I still have basically the same experience I did when I first took interest in AGS I just have two tabs now as opposed to one.

OL FU pointed something out too. Chris did something that kept the part of AGS that was just gonna go away completely from doing so. He made a place to meet up and bitch about the ownership here and it turned into a very good offshoot of the old AGS.

What was built there will remain as it is unless that community decided they wanted something different. Me & Alpha bought it but just as it is with this place it is built and driven by it's members and their desires are what will happen to the communities. I just didn't want to see either community crash and burn. I want them to remain AT LEAST as intact as they are now.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 12:35 PM
I've had some glitch issues, particularly with the Quick Reply function. That could just be Firefox, though.

phpBB also allows tweet embedding, which this place doesn't as far as I can find.

I know it can be done here but I don't have it added I don't think. The far reaches of stuff that can be done are pretty vast but that is one that would be extremely useful and I will look into for you and the other users.

Not saying it falls into this category mvem but I've added quite a few things that were requested and I thought they would be really cool and then they just go unused...take the shoutbox as an example. I've removed a lot of the stuff that basically went unused but I left that one as an example that Alpha and BFo2 can poke fun at Grizo on. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I'm over there a lot, but didn't know about this. Thanks Chris and congrats to the two of you.

He just put a thread up this morning.

mvemjsunpx
May 25th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I know it can be done here but I don't have it added I don't think. The far reaches of stuff that can be done are pretty vast but that is one that would be extremely useful and I will look into for you and the other users.

Thanks for looking into it. Tweet embedding can make breaking news posts/threads a lot easier & more useful.

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Congrats to you and Alpha....that's awesome that you guys do this so that the rest of us FCS nerds can have viable and vibrant places to hang out!

You guys ROCK!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Thanks for looking into it. Tweet embedding can make breaking news posts/threads a lot easier & more useful.

You are very correct and it seems very useful so I should get off my ass on that one. Hell, you got more ideas of what would work good then just start a thread of bump one of the ones in the general comments and I will try to make time to get on them.

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Congrats to you and Alpha....that's awesome that you guys do this so that the rest of us FCS nerds can have viable and vibrant places to hang out!

You guys ROCK!

do they? kiss ass. xlolx

dbackjon
May 25th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Alpha? Really??

dgtw
May 25th, 2016, 01:17 PM
I've never even gone over there

I didn't know it existed. I may check it out, but I'm happy here. Fun place to hang out and it sounds like this place is more my speed anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
May 25th, 2016, 01:19 PM
I didn't know it existed. I may check it out, but I'm happy here. Fun place to hang out and it sounds like this place is more my speed anyway.

It's kinda fun to lurk but they're pretty tight knit over there

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 01:21 PM
HELL NO.

**** THAT WITH THE PASSION OF A BILLION SUNS EXPLODING!

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 01:23 PM
HELL NO.

**** THAT WITH THE PASSION OF A BILLION SUNS EXPLODING!
Why?

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 01:40 PM
I'll let Troy be the grandpa telling the kids about the past but CS needs to remain CS, as Troy will let it. 98% of CS has no interest in coming back here. I was one of them until Troy bought this site. Look at the members with the most posts, then go look at the CS membership. The comment about it being tight knit is correct. We were leakers. We were the bad boys. We have a decade plus of posting together.

The first page of posters with the most AGS posts is the first page of CS posters.

I can't describe it properly but CS can't, and shouldn't, be rolled in

You haven't been around long enough to get it, but it can't happen.

dbackjon
May 25th, 2016, 01:41 PM

We have fun. Nobody takes anything seriously (other than one guy), but could use some fresh blood ;)

grizband
May 25th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I'll let Troy be the grandpa telling the kids about the past but CS needs to remain CS, as Troy will let it. 98% of CS has no interest in coming back here. I was one of them until Troy bought this site. Look at the members with the most posts, then go look at the CS membership. The comment about it being tight knit is correct. We were leakers. We were the bad boys.

The first page of posters with the most AGS posts is the first page of CS posters.

I was also one of those, until troy convinced me to return.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dbackjon
May 25th, 2016, 01:42 PM
I was also one of those, until troy convinced me to return.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wonder if we got the same "package" to return?

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 01:44 PM
I'll let Troy be the grandpa telling the kids about the past but CS needs to remain CS, as Troy will let it. 98% of CS has no interest in coming back here. I was one of them until Troy bought this site. Look at the members with the most posts, then go look at the CS membership. The comment about it being tight knit is correct. We were leakers. We were the bad boys.

First off, yes I have.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?10229-Silenoz

And I lurked for years before that

Second, the "bad boys" left because of Ralph. That divide is gone. Especially considering how much guys like Alpha and ND4EVER post here. Now that Troy, who must be ursus, owns both, it's completely gone

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 01:45 PM

Yes, that is true. It is one thing that I really truly like that place too. When there are fights back and forth, they are mostly for entertainment and debate. The liberals and conservatives there (most are former founder members here and "Old Guard" here at AGS) treat each other like brothers. You may not agree with each other but there is not the sort of hostility aimed at each other that we sometimes...well a lot of times get here with the poli stuff. Most of them don't act like politics is the sole driving force of a persons worth to each other...and in that regard the community poli discussions can be very, very entertaining and funny.

But, once a part of it, you are really a part of it if you just lay off the seriousness and proceed to have some fun with the rest. Nobody takes things too seriously, well, except for clenz. xlolx

As I said, most of them are what built this place in the early days and they are all hardened, battle tested mother****ers in the humor and political areas. Some are even pretty sharp FCS guys.:D

Sorry Thumper, I know you weren't intimating all that but it just came to mind seeing your post so figured I'd lay it out there since you provided the launching pad.xcoolx

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 01:48 PM
First off, yes I have.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?10229-Silenoz

And I lurked for years before that

Second, the "bad boys" left because of Ralph. That divide is gone. Especially considering how much guys like Alpha and ND4EVER post here. Now that Troy, who must be ursus, owns both, it's completely gone
It's not gone.

You don't get it. That's fine. That site was created in 2007. That **** goes a lot further beyond the end of Ralph's days in 2009-2010.

That site became our home. That site was built to fit "us". That site has no business being "merged" into this one.

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2016, 01:53 PM
do they? kiss ass. xlolx

Yes they do....Both of those sumbitches have donated a ton of money to my ride, so a little ass kissing on my part is entirely in order...

If I were gay, I'd totally go for either one of 'em...

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Well, a whole lot of what I posted is what dback and clenzy alluded to anyway. Brock you make complete sense but in spite of that there is and will probably be a perceived "rift" for some time and possibly forever. At some point I would bet a lot of people will arrive where you are at now though. One person linking both sites back together just makes it so any animosity is truly silly and will hopefully be looked at like that.

It would be truly tough to have the two combined again unless there become a whole lot of cross over members that "get it" in reference to what each board brings to the table and that it's identity would not be lost. I really don't see that happening.

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 01:55 PM
It's not gone.

You don't get it. That's fine. That site was created in 2007. That **** goes a lot further beyond the end of Ralph's days in 2009-2010.

That site became our home. That site was built to fit "us". That site has no business being "merged" into this one.

Already told you, lurker even before 2008.

If the old guard wants to be stubborn about battles that ended years ago, then whatever. I'm not super active anymore, so its no hair off my ass.

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Wait...old battles actually end?

Who the **** made that stupid rule?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Yes they do....Both of those sumbitches have donated a ton of money to my ride, so a little ass kissing on my part is entirely in order...

If I were gay, I'd totally go for either one of 'em...

Gold digger!:p

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Already told you, lurker even before 2008.

If the old guard wants to be stubborn about battles that ended years ago, then whatever. I'm not super active anymore, so its no hair off my ass.
It's not about a battle anymore.

It's the fact that this board, which I enjoy quite a bit at this point, really can't handle the CS mentality. There are far too many Patriot League, Ivy League, hoity toity types on this site. When this site was completely dead many from here tried to move to CS. They started demanding less swearing, less bikini pics, less everything that makes CS what it is. I still get pushback on CS for how I act, and I'm "tame" when it comes to trash talk by CS standards.

It's also that, as I said, CS became home. We were chased from here. There's no need to come back here and deal with the same petty "virgin ear posters" that were a partial cause of the issues to start with.

Lurking also doesn't get you the full effect of what happened and what caused CS to be created. It's one thing to "read about the war" and another to be on the front lines. Front line guys will always have a longer lasting taste in their mouth than those who read about it.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 02:09 PM

It's the fact that this board, which I enjoy quite a bit at this point, really can't handle the CS mentality. There are far too many Patriot League, Ivy League, hoity toity types on this site. When this site was completely dead many from here tried to move to CS. They started demanding less swearing, less bikini pics, less everything that makes CS what it is. I still get pushback on CS for how I act, and I'm "tame" when it comes to trash talk by CS standards.

It's also that, as I said, CS became home. We were chased from here. There's no need to come back here and deal with the same petty "virgin ear posters" that were a partial cause of the issues to start with.

Lurking also doesn't get you the full effect of what happened and what caused CS to be created. It's one thing to "read about the war" and another to be on the front lines. Front line guys will always have a longer lasting taste in their mouth than those who read about it.

I know this is a perceived thing from some but I have access to all backrooms and I can tell you that it is not and was not from any PL "types" that what happened did happen. You are peanut buttering the blame in this instance and it should not spread out like that.

Now, we can ease back on the emotion and the drama a bit can't we? It's just a discussion about something currently happening and it doesn't need to be re-argued too much...just an explanation works.xthumbsupx

OL FU
May 25th, 2016, 02:16 PM
I know this is a perceived thing from some but I have access to all backrooms and I can tell you that it is not and was not from any PL "types" that what happened did happen. You are peanut buttering the blame in this instance and it should not spread out like that.

Now, we can ease back on the emotion and the drama a bit can't we? It's just a discussion about something currently happening and it doesn't need to be re-argued too much...just an explanation works.xthumbsupx

You have access to the backroomsxeyebrowx Pardon me while I go hang out on the uffp:D

AshevilleApp2
May 25th, 2016, 02:16 PM

xlolx Yup.

Both boards have merit. If people want a merge, they'll ask for it.

Thumper 76
May 25th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Yes, that is true. It is one thing that I really truly like that place too. When there are fights back and forth, they are mostly for entertainment and debate. The liberals and conservatives there (most are former founder members here and "Old Guard" here at AGS) treat each other like brothers. You may not agree with each other but there is not the sort of hostility aimed at each other that we sometimes...well a lot of times get here with the poli stuff. Most of them don't act like politics is the sole driving force of a persons worth to each other...and in that regard the community poli discussions can be very, very entertaining and funny.

But, once a part of it, you are really a part of it if you just lay off the seriousness and proceed to have some fun with the rest. Nobody takes things too seriously, well, except for clenz. xlolx

As I said, most of them are what built this place in the early days and they are all hardened, battle tested mother****ers in the humor and political areas. Some are even pretty sharp FCS guys.:D

Sorry Thumper, I know you weren't intimating all that but it just came to mind seeing your post so figured I'd lay it out there since you provided the launching pad.xcoolx

Well someone has to provide the launch point xlolx That place feels more Wild West anything goes type, which I like, which is why I lurk there cause I enjoy that. I'm just more comfortable here at the moment

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Gold digger!:p

As long as it works!

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 02:20 PM

Talk about an embellishment. Anyways, you're one of the less stubborn individuals from that group, so I think that's a telling sign of how likely it is to happen. Shame too, since I think it would benefit everyone.

I can't recall if it was eGriz or CS that once had you click some sort of waiver to have access to one of the more R-rated boards. No reason AGS couldn't do the same to protect these alleged hoitey-toities. Maybe it already does.

dbackjon
May 25th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Talk about an embellishment. Anyways, you're one of the less stubborn individuals from that group, so I think that's a telling sign of how likely it is to happen. Shame too, since I think it would benefit everyone.

I can't recall if it was eGriz or CS that once had you click some sort of waiver to have access to one of the more R-rated boards. No reason AGS couldn't do the same to protect these alleged hoitey-toities. Maybe it already does.

Clenz, one of the less stubborn?

Thanks, I needed a good laugh

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2016, 02:38 PM
From a Risk Management Standpoint, it's way more likely that CS.com will draw legal action than AGS would. It would make sense to share the liability with a co-owner there and to keep it separate from AGS.com.

In fact, there was a certain well-known attorney who threatened that very tactic as recourse for what he perceived to be shoddy treatment on the site.

The owners of both of these sites are absolutely brilliant to keep them separate and viable. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a fool. A damn fool, I tell you!

As a highly trained risk professional, I fully endorse their ownership scheme as an effective form of risk sharing and avoidance...

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 02:44 PM

I had given that thought when we took this place over but decided against it because it is more of a CS type thing. I can tell you that I did deal with some people griping about what was posted in the lounge from time to time and that it was not something they wanted to see.

So I would pm them and tell them that I would go turn that forum for them immediately. They (seriously probably 5 users at most over several years) would say "No, I don't think it should be on a forum like this and it should be removed" and that they did not want their permissions limited. At that point, every time, I knew exactly what I was dealing with and would always tell them to eat **** and stop trying to determine what others should or shouldn't have access to.

Pretty simple rules here. No nudity. But as you point out that could easily be taken care of by a set up where access had to be requested.xthumbsupx

It is just two very different worlds. I have an obviously great affection for both of them.

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Clenz, one of the less stubborn?

Thanks, I needed a good laugh

It's all relative!

AshevilleApp2
May 25th, 2016, 02:46 PM
From a Risk Management Standpoint, it's way more likely that CS.com will draw legal action than AGS would. It would make sense to share the liability with a co-owner there and to keep it separate from AGS.com.

In fact, there was a certain well-known attorney who threatened that very tactic as recourse for what he perceived to be shoddy treatment on the site.

The owners of both of these sites are absolutely brilliant to keep them separate and viable. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a fool. A damn fool, I tell you!

As a highly trained risk professional, I fully endorse their ownership scheme as an effective form of risk sharing and avoidance...

"No lunch, no cops!"

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 02:50 PM

If you're talking about Opie I'd say he got equal treatment on both sites. In fact it may of been worse here.

If you're talking about a certain Griz poster, I feel like he makes that threat on every site. Almost as if shoddy treatment follows him around for some reason...

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Ursus,

They're your ****ing sites, do what the **** you want with them. If anybody doesn't ****ing like it, tell em to eat **** or to go open their own sites.

WTF? I haven't been to CS.com in ages, but the fact that it exists separately from AGS doesn't seem to have the deleterious effect on me that others seem to think it has on them.

Just book mark both of them under "FCS College Football" and shut the **** up...

It's not a hard concept.

Instead of wasting bandwidth on why the two sites are separate, you ****heads need to express your thanks to Troy and Mike for their decision to PAY to rescue yet ANOTHER FCS Football site, without costing a dime to the participants....

#ingratefulbastards, #****ingmillenials

AshevilleApp2
May 25th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Ursus,

They're your ****ing sites, do what the **** you want with them. If anybody doesn't ****ing like it, tell em to eat **** or to go open their own sites.

WTF? I haven't been to CS.com in ages, but the fact that it exists separately from AGS doesn't seem to have the deleterious effect on me that others seem to think it has on them.

Just book mark both of them under "FCS College Football" and shut the **** up...

It's not a hard concept.

Instead of wasting bandwidth on why the two sites are separate, you ****heads need to express your thanks to Troy and Mike for their decision to PAY to rescue yet ANOTHER FCS Football site, without costing a dime to the participants....

Easy there son, I think most people have expressed thanks. Others make some valid points that likely wouldn't work, at least for now.

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Ursus,

It's not a hard concept.

Telling people to shut the **** up, and calling them **** heads. That's some CS-style behavior if I ever saw it ;)

Seriously though, I wasn't telling anyone what to do. It was just an observation and feedback. That got people riled up. Very riled up apparently...

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Ursus,

It's not a hard concept.

Daymn! Haha. Simmer..... xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Hey, I don't think anyone is ungrateful at all. Just good ideas being tossed around and shot down and discussed.

It's all good times and the bandwidth is prepaid until next February thanks to all you fine folks around here so let er' rip!

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Hey, I don't think anyone is ungrateful at all. Just good ideas being tossed around and shot down and discussed.

It's all good times and the bandwidth is prepaid until next February thanks to all you fine folks around here so let er' rip!

Well, that's fantastic. Let the GIF party commence! Because really...that's where this thread needs to go. xthumbsupx. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 02:59 PM
and it is time for the obligatory...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/366/396/f8a.gif

BTW, I believe FPC to just be playing the role of say an ursus type character on CS.

dbackjon
May 25th, 2016, 03:00 PM

I am still waiting on the good times promised back in 2008.

FormerPokeCenter
May 25th, 2016, 03:02 PM
<sigh>.....All the dependable catfish have moved on....I just can't get a bite anymore.

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Well....what happens first....a P5/G5 split or an AGS/CS merger?.....I'll show myself out. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

<sigh>.....All the dependable catfish have moved on....I just can't get a bite anymore.

#getoffmylawn

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 03:04 PM
I am still waiting on the good times promised back in 2008.

Whenever I owe someone I always say something like "Hey, put that on my tab, I'd rather owe it to you than **** you out of it!"

I just don't know if that works here.

dbackjon
May 25th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Whenever I owe someone I always say something like "Hey, put that on my tab, I'd rather owe it to you than **** you out of it!"

;)

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 03:35 PM

dback will just "take it out yo ass". xlolx

Thumper 76
May 25th, 2016, 03:35 PM
I had given that thought when we took this place over but decided against it because it is more of a CS type thing. I can tell you that I did deal with some people griping about what was posted in the lounge from time to time and that it was not something they wanted to see.

So I would pm them and tell them that I would go turn that forum for them immediately. They (seriously probably 5 users at most over several years) would say "No, I don't think it should be on a forum like this and it should be removed" and that they did not want their permissions limited. At that point, every time, I knew exactly what I was dealing with and would always tell them to eat **** and stop trying to determine what others should or shouldn't have access to.

Pretty simple rules here. No nudity. But as you point out that could easily be taken care of by a set up where access had to be requested.xthumbsupx

It is just two very different worlds. I have an obviously great affection for both of them.

Always wondered what the policy was on pics with swear words in them was, since you provided the platform to ask ;)

Lehigh Football Nation
May 25th, 2016, 03:36 PM
It's the fact that this board, which I enjoy quite a bit at this point, really can't handle the CS mentality. There are far too many Patriot League, Ivy League, hoity toity types on this site.

Guilty

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Always wondered what the policy was on pics with swear words in them was, since you provided the platform to ask ;)

No cussing memes on the FCS board...after that, I think it's clear.

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 03:51 PM
No cussing memes on the FCS board...after that, I think it's clear.

Well.....****. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 04:02 PM

I gave you the pics one but it is more along the lines of this one:

No nudity and basically that means in your normal rural town would the girl in the pic be cited for indecent exposure. It is something to use as a guideline and I won't go through the whole "well in Central Park girls can go topless" routine as it was in the early days...it's just a guideline for you as a user to know a sort of boundary for the site.

The censor takes care of the swear words and it is there to handle it for everyone. Never a problem unless someone tries to type around it, then I'll make a point of getting in touch with someone.

But, anyone that pm's or reports seeing asterisks gets a similar treatment to what I described about forums earlier. If someone wanted to gripe about asterisks I can remove those posts completely from what they can see and most don't want their own access limited, they want to limit others. if you take that ability away from them and deliver what they say they want...they don't really want it.

Trying to limit those sorts of things on the FCSD board is requested but I don't even follow that one myself all the time so it's hard to be a richard about it on even that one.

Thumper 76
May 25th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Awesome, that's great news

IBleedYellow
May 25th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Well then.

Time to go and start posting on a new board.

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Well then.

Time to go and start posting on a new board.

http://i.makeagif.com/save/fWx327

IBleedYellow
May 25th, 2016, 04:28 PM
http://i.makeagif.com/save/fWx327

I meant as a second place.

Btw, Ursus....let me post without the stupid "Moderation Phase" of my posts. ZOMG.

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 04:28 PM
How much nudity has ever been posted on CS? Other than JBB's male on male meltdown, it has been pretty rare

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 04:30 PM
How much nudity has ever been posted on CS? Other than JBB's male on male meltdown, it has been pretty rare
More than you'd assume but it's not like it's a porn site by any stretch. The rule was always/has always been nothing below the waist.

ursus arctos horribilis

Btw, Ursus....let me post without the stupid "Moderation Phase" of my posts. ZOMG.

That messes with the board once the deal is set and you only have to get a few posts in (it's the same here) beforee you are left to your own devices.

Spammers have made that a necessity brother so just suffer through the first few posts and have clenzy or dback go set them free and we'll be good to go in no time.

BisonFan02

You should be banned for typing "ZOMG"....****ing millenial. xlolx

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 04:32 PM
He's being approved within minutes of him posting...

Also, ZOMG is grounds for a 1 week ban

Also, don't use me as your "reference". That will do nothing but hurt you

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 04:36 PM
your

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 04:38 PM
your
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/60124489.jpg

IBleedYellow
May 25th, 2016, 04:38 PM
You should be banned for typing "ZOMG"....****ing millenial. xlolx

https://media2.giphy.com/media/11uV3l0wNmMIr6/200_s.gif

dbackjon
May 25th, 2016, 04:39 PM
That messes with the board once the deal is set and you only have to get a few posts in (it's the same here) beforee you are left to your own devices.

Spammers have made that a necessity brother so just suffer through the first few posts and have clenzy or dback go set them free and we'll be good to go in no time.

I respond to new posters quickly. But without that, you'd have pages of spam.

Bisonoline
May 25th, 2016, 04:47 PM

That was a classic!

Silenoz
May 25th, 2016, 04:49 PM
That was a classic!

Best $10 I ever spent. You're all welcome(?)

bonarae
May 25th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Wow. Personally, I don't like the CS people whenever I post there (especially on the Other Sports boards) because I often post something that's irrelevant or irritable to them, or they'll fill my topics with memes and irrelevant stuff. I'll come back there later to (hopefully) start the Countdown. (Though I haven't made arrangements with mvem yet on how to operate it there)

dbackjon
May 25th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Wow. Personally, I don't like the CS people whenever I post there (especially on the Other Sports boards) because I often post something that's irrelevant or irritable to them, or they'll fill my topics with memes and irrelevant stuff. I'll come back there later to (hopefully) start the Countdown. (Though I haven't made arrangements with mvem yet on how to operate it there)

Don't mind us too much. I do appreciate your posts over there and here.

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 05:16 PM
The next time a thread on CS isn't filled with irrelevant memes or posts will be the first in its 9 year history.

I wouldn't take it too personal. You put good effort into having a real discussion. That's not how CS works sadly. I stopped trying to do that years ago. Now I just try to poke as many bears as possible. I often wish I could have more actual discussions rather than what I get there.

This board is much better for that kind of thing.

On the positives to take from that site, I've never publicly questioned if you tock after you tick mentally. If out you in the higher functioning category for sure

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2016, 05:29 PM
What was the "divide" in the first place?

I do not post over on CS much anymore. AGS has better FCS "talk". There is a pretty close knit group of guys over there.

Good to have more than one FCS site to post on.

dbackjon
May 25th, 2016, 05:34 PM
What was the "divide" in the first place?

I do not post over on CS much anymore. AGS has better FCS "talk". There is a pretty close knit group of guys over there.

Good to have more than one FCS site to post on.

It started in 2007-08 when the previous owner tried to censor talk that he didn't approve, and harass/ban posters that challenged him, especially politically. He let political disagreements color his view on posters, and even those that were closer in view to him that didn't support his tyranny

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 05:42 PM
It started in 2007-08 when the previous owner tried to censor talk that he didn't approve, and harass/ban posters that challenged him, especially politically. He let political disagreements color his view on posters, and even those that were closer in view to him that didn't support his tyranny

In a nutshell, dback rips the tits off of it here. It is one of the things that sort of still sticks with me with the overt and ridiculous dislike between some people over dumb ass poli stuff. You really would not have liked this place and how things were done here in that era.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2016, 05:47 PM

Judging by your post count, you must have been one that left. Some guys post on both but some are just over there and that is it.

I don't go over there much because a lot of the talk is between guys that must know each other personally and I do not "get" the inside stuff between them. Which is fine but it makes it hard for "newbies" to jump in when they don't know what is going on in the conversations. Not so much the FCS talk but the locker room threads are more personal stuff between guys compared to just general "chat".

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2016, 05:49 PM
In a nutshell, dback rips the tits off of it here. It is one of the things that sort of still sticks with me with the overt and ridiculous dislike between some people over dumb ass poli stuff. You really would not have liked this place and how things were done here in that era.

The "football" talk is head and shoulders better here but if a guy likes humor and giving each other crap kind of stuff then CS is the place to go.

Good to have both boards.

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 05:49 PM
The next time a thread on CS isn't filled with irrelevant memes or posts will be the first in its 9 year history.

I wouldn't take it too personal. You put good effort into having a real discussion. That's not how CS works sadly. I stopped trying to do that years ago. Now I just try to poke as many bears as possible. I often wish I could have more actual discussions rather than what I get there.

This board is much better for that kind of thing.

On the positives to take from that site, I've never publicly questioned if you tock after you tick mentally. If out you in the higher functioning category for sure

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/06/awesome-gif-gifs.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 05:50 PM
The "football" talk is head and shoulders better here but if a guy likes humor and giving each other crap kind of stuff then CS is the place to go.

Good to have both boards.

Agreed brother.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Agreed brother.

You taking on too much doing both? That is a lot of time....or is it?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 06:01 PM
You taking on too much doing both? That is a lot of time....or is it?

Nah, it shouldn't add a bunch of additional time cuz unless something goes really wrong the sites have people in place for any tasks (dback, clenz, & several others) at CS and so forth. The communities are made of people that really try not to be a problem and just have fun for the most part so that takes care of itself. Spammers are the only real time consuming POS that both have to deal with and there are resources in place at both houses that mitigate their entry. All is good I think.

dgtw
May 25th, 2016, 06:17 PM

I have always used a rather unorthodox method of handling Internet forums that offend me. I just don't click on them.

PAllen
May 25th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Alright, I stopped reading after page 6. I might go check the other place out. All I've learned from this discussion is that I'm very glad I took a few years off from this site around the time in question. Looks like all I missed out on was a bunch of grief and aggravation.

Catbooster
May 25th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Congrats Ursus and AG1 on your growing internet empire. xthumbsupx

It wasn't just the "bad boys" that moved to CS. I mainly lurked, so didn't get on anyone's bad side, but I left during that time because it seemed like discussion was stifled. Lots of threads degenerated into pissing matches and mods (mostly Ralph's alter-ego's?) abusing their power. The only fun was watching Ralph go ballistic, and that got old after awhile. So I don't think it was only those with problems with the management that left.

Bisonoline
May 25th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Some of you are there a lot so you probably already know this. Anyway, ALPHA and I bought the place from Chris a couple months back and will be running that board as well.

Nothing will change in either place really except that in some instances where FCS is concerned (The poll, schedules, etc.) there will be some sharing of resources.

That's basically it, just wanted to let you peoples know. Tip of the cap to Chris for running a place I have always enjoyed being a part of over there.

LOL
I registered over there along time ago and cant remember my log in.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 07:39 PM
LOL
I registered over there along time ago and cant remember my log in.

I'll check it out or maybe dbj or clenz will get it to you.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 07:40 PM
I only say they might get it to you because they are certainly much faster at this stuff over there than I will be. They are my friends and helpers.

Bisonoline
May 25th, 2016, 07:42 PM
I only say they might get it to you because they are certainly much faster at this stuff over there than I will be. They are my friends and helpers.

Sounds good. Thanks. Or if its easier I can re-register.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Alright, I stopped reading after page 6. I might go check the other place out. All I've learned from this discussion is that I'm very glad I took a few years off from this site around the time in question. Looks like all I missed out on was a bunch of grief and aggravation.

I'm not gonna lie, it was frustrating but it was also some good fun at times to have an all out battle or watching some epic battles of words going on.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 07:46 PM
Sounds good. Thanks.
Oline! You shouldn't just use "password" any more! Man, I hope you use something good like "12345" here at least.

Thumper 76
May 25th, 2016, 07:48 PM
I have always used a rather unorthodox method of handling Internet forums that offend me. I just don't click on them.

WHAT?!?!? That's a THING?

Bisonoline
May 25th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Oline! You shouldn't just use "password" any more! Man, I hope you use something good like "12345" here at least.

xbowxxlolx

POD Knows
May 25th, 2016, 08:08 PM
I registered over there, I might see how long it takes me to get banned or sent to the trash bin.

OL FU
May 25th, 2016, 08:58 PM
I registered over there, I might see how long it takes me to get banned or sent to the trash bin.

I'll let Ursas correct me but getting banned at can for stating your opinion is............unlikely

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 09:02 PM
I'll let Ursas correct me but getting banned at can for stating your opinion is............unlikely

Don't push him. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 09:04 PM

Tough to get banned and most threads meander mightily so you are likely to find it comfortable.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 09:05 PM
ursus

ya dirty SOB.

POD Knows
May 25th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Tough to get banned and most threads meander mightily so you are likely to find it comfortable.
"Tough to get banned", that sounds like a challenge to me. Just kidding, I will conduct myself with the same professionalism that I have displayed on this board.

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 09:11 PM
ursus

ya dirty SOB.

you are, no? :D

- - - Updated - - -

"Tough to get banned", that sounds like a challenge to me. Just kidding, I will conduct myself with the same professionalism that I have displayed on this board.

Well that's a relief. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2016, 09:15 PM

xlolxxlolx

xthumbsupxxpopcornx

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 09:19 PM

Oh good. Have you met JohnStOnge?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 09:20 PM

or SuperHornet? So much fun can come of this. xlolx

POD Knows
May 25th, 2016, 09:21 PM

Nope, but he sounds like a Canadian fairy.

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 09:50 PM

I'm in like Flynt. xlolx

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 09:57 PM
or SuperHornet? So much fun can come of this. xlolx

He's not around much lately. I think the librarians got too many complaints from parents and limit his computer time now.

Between JSO, SH, cluck, 93 and bandlette I may need to buy more popcorn

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 10:22 PM
He's not around much lately. I think the librarians got too many complaints from parents and limit his computer time now.

Between JSO, SH, cluck, 93 and bandlette I may need to buy more popcorn

If Cap'n, Houndawg, and D1B ever roll on in POD will have his hands full as well. He will enjoy it, but he will be busy.

Mattymc727
May 26th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Internet trolls unite!

Lehigh'98
May 26th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Sounds kind of hoity toity over there

NDSU_grad
May 26th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Judging by your post count, you must have been one that left. Some guys post on both but some are just over there and that is it.

I don't go over there much because a lot of the talk is between guys that must know each other personally and I do not "get" the inside stuff between them. Which is fine but it makes it hard for "newbies" to jump in when they don't know what is going on in the conversations. Not so much the FCS talk but the locker room threads are more personal stuff between guys compared to just general "chat".
Sounds like Bisonville.

ASUG8
May 26th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Sounds kind of hoity toity over there

Not hoity toity at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The draw of CS for many of us was as an alternative to this site which was (at the time) headed in a bad direction. Ursus has righted the ship and it's back on a solid trajectory. I was telling OL FU last night that AGS is for guys who really know their football and like the occasional side topic. CS has a lot of good knowledge as well (due in part to posters using both sites) but it's a lot of side topics with an occasional breakout of football talk. :D

It is a kind of tight group, but it's simply evolved that way over the last several years. Like someone else said, nobody really gets too wound up about things over there. There are lots of opinions and spirited disagreements, but for the most part they're not personal and no one posting there should be worried that anyone is attacking them. Give as good as you get, don't get your feelings hurt, and roll with it. It's fun. I look forward to serving in the Ursus/Alpha administration. xthumbsupx

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Not hoity toity at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The draw of CS for many of us was as an alternative to this site which was (at the time) headed in a bad direction. Ursus has righted the ship and it's back on a solid trajectory. I was telling OL FU last night that AGS is for guys who really know their football and like the occasional side topic. CS has a lot of good knowledge as well (due in part to posters using both sites) but it's a lot of side topics with an occasional breakout of football talk. :D

It is a kind of tight group, but it's simply evolved that way over the last several years. Like someone else said, nobody really gets too wound up about things over there. There are lots of opinions and spirited disagreements, but for the most part they're not personal and no one posting there should be worried that anyone is attacking them. Give as good as you get, don't get your feelings hurt, and roll with it. It's fun. I look forward to serving in the Ursus/Alpha administration. xthumbsupx

So I am I going to be able to call people on the political left, pussies, gay and unemployed?

Lehigh'98
May 26th, 2016, 10:44 AM

I wasn't serious when I said this. Just from a post earlier on in the thread. I'm sure it's a great site.

ASUG8
May 26th, 2016, 10:46 AM
So I am I going to be able to call people on the political left, pussies, gay and unemployed?

You can get in line to say that if you like. Give it a shot if you want.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 26th, 2016, 11:37 AM
Not hoity toity at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite. The draw of CS for many of us was that you can have bouncy boobies in your avatars

FIFY

dbackjon
May 26th, 2016, 11:39 AM

Yes - I got strikes, and banned here (and left).

clenz
May 26th, 2016, 11:39 AM
FIFY
Nope.

Try again.

dbackjon
May 26th, 2016, 11:41 AM

It will be almost impossible for that to happen.

Very few rules (no below the belt nudity, keep politics of the football board). Cussing allowed and encouraged.

dbackjon
May 26th, 2016, 11:43 AM

We prefer pussy******.

clenz
May 26th, 2016, 11:45 AM
It will be almost impossible for that to happen.

Very few rules (no below the belt nudity, keep politics of the football board). Cussing allowed and encouraged.
Also, feel free to hate China.

dbackjon
May 26th, 2016, 11:47 AM
If anyone has problems registering, let me know.

Also, first posts have to be approved - so post so I can approve it.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 11:54 AM
If anyone has problems registering, let me know.

Also, first posts have to be approved - so post so I can approve it.

Yes, do this. Don't just sign up and sit back and do nothing people. Post a damn Bikini picture or something. The ol' "I'm just a lurker thing" is not a badge of honor. Hell look at POD! He's made an ass of himself nearly 1000 times here already! xlolx

Truth be told POD is by far my favorite new poster. Damn witty young man.xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
May 26th, 2016, 12:04 PM
It will be interesting to see how this evolves. xnodx

I still have to check myself on posting some things here that I wouldn't hesitate to there. Not many of course, but things with a lot of cussing, etc.

And at this rate, POD will pass my post count in about 8 months. xlolx Over there, it may only take 6. Way to jump on in gramps!

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Yes, do this. Don't just sign up and sit back and do nothing people. Post a damn Bikini picture or something. The ol' "I'm just a lurker thing" is not a badge of honor. Hell look at POD! He's made an ass of himself nearly 1000 times here already! xlolx

Truth be told POD is by far my favorite new poster. Damn witty young man.xthumbsupx

it is an art form being an ass on a daily basis

AshevilleApp2
May 26th, 2016, 12:09 PM

Way to go Michelangelo! xthumbsupx :)

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Way to go Michelangelo! xthumbsupx :)

yea. I will try and keep it it is hard work being a dickhead every day. I mean, there is a lot of competition on AGS.

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2016, 12:18 PM
yea. I will try and keep it it is hard work being a dickhead every day. I mean, there is a lot of competition on AGS.
Do we need to get you a Caesar this morning to get you riled up?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Do we need to get you a Caesar this morning to get you riled up?

Hell, there was a thread on CS about Caesars and how the EC dicks over there didn't understand what that was all about. I even think my Nuclear Caesar recipe is on there. It's a wonderful breakfast drink.

AshevilleApp2
May 26th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Hell, there was a thread on CS about Caesars and how the EC dicks over there didn't understand what that was all about. I even think my Nuclear Caesar recipe is on there. It's a wonderful breakfast drink.

Had to look it up, so a Bloody Mary with a kick? I guess I missed that thread while I was in exile.

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Had to look it up, so a Bloody Mary with a kick? I guess I missed that thread while I was in exile.

It tastes like a steak in a glass if made properly.

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 12:36 PM
It tastes like a steak in a glass if made properly.

I used to have a Caesar guy that worked for me at tailgates. He had it down to an art. Greatest Caesars ever.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 12:40 PM

Clamato, not Tomato, main difference and it is built much heartier and IBY ain't wrong, when done right there ain't much that can satisfy like this one.

We taught them to a lot of Chattanooga barkeeps over the years and after the first year down there most bars had something to the effect of "WE HAVE CAESARS AND CLAMATO FOR RED BEERS!"

ASUG8
May 26th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Clamato, not Tomato, main difference and it is built much heartier and IBY ain't wrong, when done right there ain't much that can satisfy like this one.

We taught them to a lot of Chattanooga barkeeps over the years and after the first year down there most bars had something to the effect of "WE HAVE CAESARS AND CLAMATO FOR RED BEERS!"

Next thing you'll be telling me is that beans don't belong in chili. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
I used to have a Caesar guy that worked for me at tailgates. He had it down to an art. Greatest Caesars ever.

I'd put my guy against yours but I'm just damn proud that we each have a Caesar guy. Seriously though, Von at Red's can make the **** out of my specialty Caesar.

The proper amounts of Horseradish (more than usually is used) and Worcestershire sauce (more than is usually used) is the whole key as long as a fella gets the basics down with the other ratios.

IBleedYellow

What do you mean "used to have"?!?!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Next thing you'll be telling me is that beans don't belong in chili. :D

You know they don't!!!

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2016, 12:48 PM
You know they don't!!!

Sorry Ursus, you're wrong.

Yes, they do.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Sorry Ursus, you're wrong.

Yes, they do.

Yes, poor people need to stretch their dollars so you keep doing what you gotta do brother. Check the history, you'll figure it out. Make it without those ****ty, stupid, welfare recipients of the food world in it once and you will know the error of your ways.

One thing you will never, ever hear from any sane person. "Holy ****, you won't believe the serving of beans I had last night! They were so delicious they just melted in my mouth!" And if you do hear that and don't punch the guy to the ground and I hear about it...there is going to be trouble.

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Yes, poor people need to stretch their dollars so you keep doing what you gotta do brother. Check the history, you'll figure it out. Make it without those ****ty, stupid, welfare recipients of the food world in it once and you will know the error of your ways.

One thing you will never, ever hear from any sane person. "Holy ****, you won't believe the serving of beans I had last night! They were so delicious they just melted in my mouth!" And if you do hear that and don't punch the guy to the ground and I hear about it...there is going to be trouble.

You need to have BF02's chili. Trust me.

BisonTru
May 26th, 2016, 01:03 PM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/middle-finger-gif.gif?gs=a

Sincerely,

http://www.northarvestbean.org/Northarvest-Final-Revised_01.jpg

ASUG8
May 26th, 2016, 01:06 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22513&stc=1

xrolleyesx

clenz
May 26th, 2016, 01:07 PM
I've never had a Bloody Caesar or Mary.

FormerPokeCenter
May 26th, 2016, 01:12 PM
I think Opie prefered his Chili without beans....

No Cops, No Lunch, No beans....

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 01:13 PM

No, I don't. If it has beans and it is good, it would be f'n great without them. It is a simple addition by subtraction thing.

This would be like me telling you "Hey, you need to try some of BF02's toe jam. Trust me." You sick bastard.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 01:14 PM
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/middle-finger-gif.gif?gs=a

Sincerely,

http://www.northarvestbean.org/Northarvest-Final-Revised_01.jpg

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 01:16 PM
I think Opie prefered his Chili without beans....

No Cops, No Lunch, No beans....

No man is wrong all the time. I just made him a moderator on both boards.

MarkCCU
May 26th, 2016, 01:21 PM

Any other stupid ideas?

dbackjon
May 26th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Any other stupid ideas?

Ok - who let you back in?

URSUS!!! Change the locks.

- - - Updated - - -

Any other stupid ideas?

Yeah, moving to FBS without a FBS-minimum stadium built or at least approved...

MarkCCU
May 26th, 2016, 01:26 PM
I'll let Troy be the grandpa telling the kids about the past but CS needs to remain CS, as Troy will let it. 98% of CS has no interest in coming back here. I was one of them until Troy bought this site. Look at the members with the most posts, then go look at the CS membership. The comment about it being tight knit is correct. We were leakers. We were the bad boys. We have a decade plus of posting together.

This. We were, mostly, kicked outta AGS. I've recently been coming back over but CS is home.

Having said that, Ursus is a delicate man with soft hands.

MarkCCU
May 26th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Ok - who let you back in?

URSUS!!! Change the locks.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, moving to FBS without a FBS-minimum stadium built or at least approved...

You said it. I've been against the move since day 1.

Grizalltheway
May 26th, 2016, 01:38 PM
This. We were, mostly, kicked outta AGS. I've recently been coming back over but CS is home.

Having said that, Ursus is a delicate man with soft hands.

Hands that he'll keep off of you if he knows what's good for him.

MarkCCU
May 26th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Hands that he'll keep off of you if he knows what's good for him.

Say wha????????????????????????????????????

¿Que?

Grizalltheway
May 26th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Say wha????????????????????????????????????

¿Que?

You heard me, bitch.

MarkCCU
May 26th, 2016, 01:45 PM
You heard me, bitch.

I'm gonna be honest. If there's any talk of the Devil's Triangle...then I'm down. The golden gate bridge? Count me in. Double Dutch rudder? I'm game.

Grizalltheway
May 26th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Attaboy

MarkCCU
May 26th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Attaboy

I'm here to lower the quality of AGS.

Grizalltheway
May 26th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Same

MarkCCU
May 26th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Same

Dynomite!

OL FU
May 26th, 2016, 02:03 PM
I'm here to lower the quality of AGS.

You feel the need to suceed:pxsmiley_wix

FormerPokeCenter
May 26th, 2016, 02:22 PM
No man is wrong all the time. I just made him a moderator on both boards.

Great, just what we need....More Anti-beanie weenies...

BisonFan02
May 26th, 2016, 02:34 PM

Hey IBY....when I make it as a Tailgate "meal", I tend to toss in the beans as a starch. If it is for a competition/cook off, the beans are typically left out. Just a FYI... xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Hey IBY....when I make it as a Tailgate "meal", I tend to toss in the beans as a starch. If it is for a competition/cook off, the beans are typically left out. Just a FYI... xthumbsupx

BOOM!!!

IN YOUR FACE GRIZO!!!

A second time in very few posts but I gotta give out one of these.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/24773999.jpg

I was going to mention that at a lot of chili cook offs they have a category for the chili with beans and the upper level awards are (from what I had gathered) for the real chili's without beans. Could be wrong on that but I had heard this a while back, maybe on here.

BisonFan02
May 26th, 2016, 02:46 PM
BOOM!!!

IN YOUR FACE GRIZO!!!

A second time in very few posts but I gotta give out one of these.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/24773999.jpg

I was going to mention that at a lot of chili cook offs they have a category for the chili with beans and the upper level awards are (from what I had gathered) for the real chili's without beans. Could be wrong on that but I had heard this a while back, maybe on here.

All the beans are is a starch....slightly absorb some moisture to thicken it up...and add some color (I've primarily used dark red kidney and black beans). That is it.... xlolx To each their own.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 26th, 2016, 02:50 PM
is it

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 02:54 PM
All the beans are is a starch....slightly absorb some moisture to thicken it up...and add some color (I've primarily used dark red kidney and black beans). That is it.... xlolx To each their own.

First off I like that you talk like my mom did back in the 80's and refer to it as "starch". That is fantastic. One would want to stretch out a meal for the mouth breathers at a tailgate and I could see feeding the little people beans I guess. We do not do that our tailgate and our new cook last year found this out instantly when he told me the ingredients.

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2016, 02:56 PM
My point was that your child wasn't ruined by having beans in it.

That shots great.

EDIT: Dear Lord...chili and ****s....

BisonFan02
May 26th, 2016, 02:58 PM
First off I like that you talk like my mom did back in the 80's and refer to it as "starch". That is fantastic. One would want to stretch out a meal for the mouth breathers at a tailgate and I could see feeding the little people beans I guess. We do not do that our tailgate and our new cook last year found this out instantly when he told me the ingredients.

I know, she taught me that dirty, dirty minx. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Dad?

344Johnson
May 26th, 2016, 03:11 PM
I prefer beans in my chili. I'll ask my dad to leave them out next time. I prefer my chili as thick as possible....basically serves as cracker dip for me.

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 03:15 PM
What do you mean "used to have"?!?!

He quit making them for me, said it was too much work.

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2016, 03:21 PM
He quit making them for me, said it was too much work.

Knowing you. Makes total sense.

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 03:27 PM
I'd put my guy against yours but I'm just damn proud that we each have a Caesar guy. Seriously though, Von at Red's can make the **** out of my specialty Caesar.

The proper amounts of Horseradish (more than usually is used) and Worcestershire sauce (more than is usually used) is the whole key as long as a fella gets the basics down with the other ratios.

My Caesar guy used to make his own pepper infused vodka. He also had some super secret spice blend that he used. He would also fry up bacon strips and put them in the Caesar or deer sausage, that kind of stuff. Extra hot horseradish, OMG. I haven't had a decent Caesar for awhile now. We you mention Red's are you talking about that place in Missoula?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 03:37 PM
My Caesar guy used to make his own pepper infused vodka. He also had some super secret spice blend that he used. He would also fry up bacon strips and put them in the Caesar or deer sausage, that kind of stuff. Extra hot horseradish, OMG. I haven't had a decent Caesar for awhile now. We you mention Red's are you talking about that place in Missoula?

Yup, and it is where the Nuclear Caesar was invented. If you like hot, this will knock your dick in the dirt. A bacon strip never sounds bad of course. The Asparagus is my favorite addition to the drink though.

Of course the Horseradish should be as hot as you can age it, with ya on that one all the way.

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Knowing you. Makes total sense.

Yep, when you drink one every 5 minutes and demand perfection, that will sometimes stress out the less hardy. I think the pressure got to him and he had to hang it up.

Bisonoline
May 26th, 2016, 03:47 PM

I dont use kidney or black beans in chili. No flavor.

I use one can and one can only of Bushs hot chilli beans because they actually have spices=flavor.
One can for 3-4 quarts of chili. So the bean content is very minimal. Other than that Im a no been guy.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 26th, 2016, 03:51 PM
This bean no bean circle jerk sucks I'm going over to CS

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Yep, when you drink one every 5 minutes and demand perfection, that will sometimes stress out the less hardy. I think the pressure got to him and he had to hang it up.

You would really like Von. Me and my brother used to put that poor bastard through much the same exercise with a variety of drinks including those. He handled it well and in fact became one of my better friends due to his capacity to keep us at capacity.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 03:53 PM
This bean no bean circle jerk sucks I'm going over to CS

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

you suck

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 03:53 PM
You would really like Von. Me and my brother used to put that poor bastard through much the same exercise with a variety of drinks including those. He handled it well and in fact became one of my better friends due to his capacity to keep us at capacity.

Yea, I should have gone over there the last time I was in Missoula.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Yea, I should have gone over there the last time I was in Missoula.

Let me know next time you are rolling through. You will enjoy that place very much.

clenz
May 26th, 2016, 03:57 PM
I've never had a Bloody Caesar or Mary.
I'm impressed this was never picked up on.

BisonFan02
May 26th, 2016, 03:59 PM

https://m.popkey.co/8c1e10/GeYMj.gif

:D (saw it)

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 03:59 PM

I was going to "Unfriend" you when I saw that post but I realized I was not on the Zuckerberg spy site.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2016, 04:00 PM

I ain't biting on two hooks in one day. xlolx

Grizzall should have railed you out the door for that one though.

344Johnson
May 26th, 2016, 04:02 PM

I didn't believe it to be true. I'd suggest you get one after work.

Grizalltheway
May 26th, 2016, 04:11 PM
I ain't biting on two hooks in one day. xlolx

Grizzall should have railed you out the door for that one though.

I always assumed Bud Light and clamato was more his speed.

But thanks for thinking of me. xthumbsupx

clenz
May 26th, 2016, 04:14 PM
I didn't believe it to be true. I'd suggest you get one after work.
No one ever does, but it's such a dumb thing to make a story up about why would I do it?

Never had one.

Also, Bud Light is for Idaho grads and people who live in St Louis

bulldog10jw
May 26th, 2016, 04:59 PM

It's the fact that this board, which I enjoy quite a bit at this point, really can't handle the CS mentality. There are far too many Patriot League, Ivy League, hoity toity types on this site.

I may be hoity, but I don't think I have ever been toity. xeyebrowx

344Johnson
May 26th, 2016, 07:16 PM
No one ever does, but it's such a dumb thing to make a story up about why would I do it?

Never had one.

Also, Bud Light is for Idaho grads and people who live in St Louis

Bud Light....yeah, unacceptable.

mmiller_34
May 26th, 2016, 08:23 PM

This is funny to me that AGS was ever considered that. Been here a long time but didn't start being real active until about 2010. I consider AGS a place I don't have to worry about what I post or how it's posted. Been scolded many times at SDSUfans. Like to read over there but always nervous to post. Don't feel that way here.

Go...gate
May 26th, 2016, 09:11 PM
They are both good sites for different audiences. I tend to lurk on CS but enjoy it a great deal. The dialogue is always interesting and spirited.

Houndawg
May 27th, 2016, 04:48 PM

Yeah, but you're off to a weak start if you call that drivel you posted over there "smack".

DFW HOYA
May 27th, 2016, 05:05 PM
They are both good sites for different audiences. I tend to lurk on CS but enjoy it a great deal. The dialogue is always interesting and spirited.

Agreed, but discussions of Eastern football are infrequent at best on that site.

clenz
May 27th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Agreed, but discussions of Eastern football are infrequent at best on that site.

Because east coasters won't venture over.

POD Knows
May 27th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Yeah, but you're off to a weak start if you call that drivel you posted over there "smack".

I read some of your posts over there, gripping, I was at the edge of my seat in rapt attention. Typical leftist bull****tery.

BTW, I know a few SIU grads, probably mid 90's grads, they are a lot smarter than you.

Ivytalk
May 27th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Best wishes to the incoming AGS management. What's old is new again!

MarkCCU
May 28th, 2016, 01:02 PM
This is funny to me that AGS was ever considered that. Been here a long time but didn't start being real active until about 2010. I consider AGS a place I don't have to worry about what I post or how it's posted. Been scolded many times at SDSUfans. Like to read over there but always nervous to post. Don't feel that way here.

You missed it. I joined AGS in 2004, right after it first crashed. It was great until 2006? 2007? When Ralph went bat**** and started banning people like me.

POD Knows
May 28th, 2016, 01:12 PM
You missed it. I joined AGS in 2004, right after it first crashed. It was great until 2006? 2007? When Ralph went bat**** and started banning people like me.

One of the Mods over at CS just put a emoji in a reply to me that stated I was banned. Don't know if it was a joke, I am guessing it is because I made another post after I saw it.

MarkCCU
May 28th, 2016, 01:14 PM
One of the Mods over at CS just put a emoji in a reply to me that stated I was banned. Don't know if it was a joke, I am guessing it is because I made another post after I saw it.

It's a joke. I used to be a Mod there and we only banned a few people and even then we struggled over the decision to actually ban them. The Mods are good over there.

Except for Moderator Kitteh...he's a prick.

POD Knows
May 28th, 2016, 01:16 PM
It's a joke. I used to be a Mod there and we only banned a few people and even then we struggled over the decision to actually ban them. The Mods are good over there.

It was "Vidav" and I am pretty sure it was a joke because I am still making an ass out of myself over there without interference at this point.

clenz
May 28th, 2016, 01:42 PM

Yeah, what started as an innocent idea with great intentions on my part has turned into an unstoppable monster

MarkCCU
May 28th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Yeah, what started as an innocent idea with gray intentions on my part has turned into an unstoppable monster

You can't stop Kitteh