PDA

View Full Version : 2016 SoCon FB position previews

kdinva
May 20th, 2016, 10:48 AM
QB's:

https://medium.com/@SoConJohn22/vmis-al-cobb-on-pace-to-become-one-of-the-socon-s-all-time-top-passers-388edfc1d86#.hqan7e9tp

catamount man
May 20th, 2016, 01:48 PM
WCU also has another redshirt freshman in Tyrie Adams who is another dual threat QB and he and Kalen split time in the spring game. Always come prepared! GO CATS!!!

PaladinFan
May 20th, 2016, 02:53 PM
First I've read that Furman will be moving to a pistol-based offense.

Makes complete sense. As bad as Furman has been on that side of the ball, moving to an option based attack with Blazejowski seems like the right answer.

SU DOG
May 21st, 2016, 09:22 AM
Agree or disagree, nice work by SoConJohn. I'm completely convinced that Samford is far better off with Hodges entering the season as the starter than we were last year with Eubank.

PaladinFan
May 21st, 2016, 11:22 AM
Agree or disagree, nice work by SoConJohn. I'm completely convinced that Samford is far better off with Hodges entering the season as the starter than we were last year with Eubank.

Not sure anyone would disagree with that, considering the writing was on the wall in the pre-season with Eubanks.

You can file his picture as another exhibit in why I don't care much about transfers. You would think with Eubanks' pedigree, he'd have done more than been a middling starter who eventually lost his job to a freshman.

SU DOG
May 21st, 2016, 12:55 PM
I assume then that you think Ingle Martin was as an exception. xlolx

catamount man
May 21st, 2016, 02:21 PM
Kid from VMI scares me.

ElCid
May 21st, 2016, 05:44 PM
Kid from VMI scares me.

Yeah I have been watching him for a couple years now and he is scary, especially if he can get his turnover numbers down. That has been his Achilles Heel. Regardless, he will be one of VMI's best ever.

I was actually a little surprised that he had Allen as #2. 1-4 are all pretty darn good, but I think Allen needs to have a little bit better passing game to be top shelf. He obviously does not usually need it, but he would be a little better rounded if he did. The thing I like most about him is that he has 2 years remaining!

PaladinFan
May 22nd, 2016, 06:35 AM
I assume then that you think Ingle Martin was as an exception. xlolx

Outside of Martin and Joe Flacco, most QB transfers are flops (or at least certainly don't match the hype). Again, just my opinion.

Martin is a little bit different, I think, in that he joined an already loaded Furman team. In those years, Furman was probably just a decent QB away from being a national title contender. Martin was better than decent, but he certainly was not a one-man show.

PaladinNation
May 23rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
First I've read that Furman will be moving to a pistol-based offense.

Makes complete sense. As bad as Furman has been on that side of the ball, moving to an option based attack with Blazejowski seems like the right answer.

Furman showed the PISTOL with a few wrinkles in the spring.

PaladinFan
May 23rd, 2016, 03:46 PM
Furman showed the PISTOL with a few wrinkles in the spring.

Furman's offense the past few years has been heavy on wrinkles and light on touchdowns.