PDA

View Full Version : The Countdown

clenz
May 13th, 2016, 01:54 PM
About time for this to get fired up...is it not? Who is in charge of that thing?

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 13th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Not me, I am irresponsible...............

BisonFan02
May 13th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Not me, I am irresponsible...............

and that would require counting...backwards even. xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 13th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Never was good at English........too many numbers

POD Knows
May 13th, 2016, 02:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

The Final Countdown by Europe. Another useless band no doubt inspired by the Beatles

BisonFan02
May 13th, 2016, 02:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

The Final Countdown by Asia. Another useless band no doubt inspired by the Beatles

Europe....but forget it...you're rolling. xlolx

Grizalltheway
May 13th, 2016, 02:16 PM
It's by Europe. It evens says it right there in the title.

BisonFan02
May 13th, 2016, 02:19 PM
It's by Europe. It evens says it right there in the title.

http://imoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/102-Animal-House-quotes.gif

Thumper 76
May 13th, 2016, 02:19 PM
I thought it was by North America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
May 13th, 2016, 02:22 PM
http://imoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/102-Animal-House-quotes.gif

OMG, I corrected the post. I had no clue who actually sang that POS song but should have looked at the caption.

POD Knows
May 13th, 2016, 02:24 PM
I thought it was by North America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least Asia and Europe are part of the same land mass. Both bands suck and both bands were heavily influenced by the Beatles and the Monkeys.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 13th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Tribe4SF runs it now AFAIK and Bonarae kicks in if there is a need for help unless this has changed.

If things are the same going forward it will be up to either of them to post up the day by Noon ET. If that day is not up by Noon ET, it falls to the first person that can create the post in the exact same titling and fashion that they have shown as the parameters for the post each day.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 13th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Does it

ursus arctos horribilis
May 13th, 2016, 03:37 PM
shut it

BisonFan02
May 13th, 2016, 03:41 PM
shut it

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc3ciqix2G1rcljoto1_400.gif

bonarae
May 13th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Haven't spoken with Tribe4SF yet, nor has he been seen posting as of late. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Tribe4SF
May 13th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Patience, my children. The Great App State Countdown is coming. It's a memorial. Be reverent!

Tribe4SF
May 13th, 2016, 06:56 PM
The Countdown will begin on May 24. Pointed to Thursday Sept. 1 kickoffs.

The Cats
May 16th, 2016, 07:09 PM

I thought we always used the traditional Saturday games as kick-off day, not the early Thursday game....... or am I mistaken?

JSUSoutherner
May 16th, 2016, 07:27 PM
At least Asia and Europe are part of the same land mass. Both bands suck and both bands were heavily influenced by the Beatles and the Monkeys.
Dang if being influenced by either the Monkees or the Beatles means a band suck that means that we need to ban 85% of the songs made after 1970 xcoffeex.

Also can anyone think of any song by Asia that sounds like Come Together or Daydream Believer? Or any Beatles or Monkees song that sounds like Heat of the Moment? Cause I cant.

Anyway, sorry that got off topic. Please don't kill me Ursus. :D

POD Knows
May 16th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Dang if being influenced by either the Monkees or the Beatles means a band suck that means that we need to ban 85% of the songs made after 1970 xcoffeex.

Also can anyone think of any song by Asia that sounds like Come Together or Daydream Believer? Or any Beatles or Monkees song that sounds like Heat of the Moment? Cause I cant.

Anyway, sorry that got off topic. Please don't kill me Ursus. :D

The common theme that runs through all of those songs you mentioned is that they all suck equally.

Southern Bison
May 16th, 2016, 08:56 PM
The Kickoff is on ESPN on August 27th...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

POD Knows
May 16th, 2016, 08:58 PM

Atta baby, keep them on their toes.

JSUSoutherner
May 16th, 2016, 11:02 PM
The common theme that runs through all of those songs you mentioned is that they all suck equally.
And you listen to...?

dewey
May 16th, 2016, 11:44 PM
103 days until the return of North Dakota State University Bison football.

August 27th against Charleston Southern.

Go Bison!

Dewey

bonarae
May 17th, 2016, 12:09 AM
We set our countdown to the week where the majority of FCS schools will start their season, not the Kickoff week. FYI. xtwocentsx

clenz
May 17th, 2016, 07:11 AM
I thought we always used the traditional Saturday games as kick-off day, not the early Thursday game....... or am I mistaken?
I was under the impression that zero day was always the first Saturday of the season as well.

POD Knows
May 17th, 2016, 08:20 AM
And you listen to...?

The voices in my head. :D I will throw some stuff up on the music thread when I get time but I like a lot of different stuff, blues, 50's R and B, Metal, Southern Rock, Punk. Pretty much like anything except the real commercial stuff, hip hop, Beatles, any band that had it's own TV show.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 17th, 2016, 11:21 AM
I was under the impression that zero day was always the first Saturday of the season as well.

The zero day is the first Saturday of the season when the full slate begins. Early games of any kind are not the start date.

September 3 is the zero day this year correct? I am going to try and the put the countdown clock back up this year and I don't want things to be all over the place with days left...consistency on it would be nice.

I'll pm tribe4 and see what his take on it is.

clenz
May 17th, 2016, 11:23 AM
The zero day is the first Saturday of the season when the full slate begins. Early games of any kind are not the start date.

September 3 is the zero day this year correct? I am going to try and the put the countdown clock back up this year and I don't want things to be all over the place with days left...consistency on it would be nice.

I'll pm tribe4 and see what his take on it is.
Yes. Sept 3rd is the first Saturday of the season this year. There is quite a few damn good match ups that weekend as well.

Tribe4SF
May 17th, 2016, 01:13 PM
After consulting with Ursus Amin Dada, the countdown will commence on May 26!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 17th, 2016, 01:41 PM

xlolx

dewey
May 17th, 2016, 02:04 PM
102 days to go for the return of North Dakota State University Bison football.

Go Bison!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
May 17th, 2016, 03:05 PM

Go Bison!

Dewey

xnodxxnodxxnodx

BisonFan02
May 18th, 2016, 02:21 PM

Go Bison!

Dewey

Dewey says "**** you and your countdown" and throws up the horns while pissing on the rest of the subdivision

Go Bison!

Dewey's Pimp Hand

POD Knows
May 18th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Dewey says "**** you and your countdown" and throws up the horns while pissing on the rest of the subdivision

Go Bison!

Dewey's Pimp Hand

Bold move by Dewey

xbowx

dbackjon
May 18th, 2016, 02:48 PM

You folded like a tortilla in a steam room.

dewey
May 18th, 2016, 10:59 PM
101 days until the return of the 5 time defending National Champions North Dakota State University Bison football.

IMHO the countdown should be to the FCS kickoff game.

Go Bison!

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
May 19th, 2016, 01:18 AM
101 days until the return of the 5 time defending National Champions North Dakota State University Bison football.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Yeah, that is always the opinion of the people in the kickoff game. It ain't that way. Even when my team is in it.xthumbsupx

dewey
May 19th, 2016, 08:57 AM
100 days until the return of the 5 time defending National Champions the North Dakota State University Bison football program.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/100-days-to-kickoff/

Go Bison!

Dewey

mvemjsunpx
May 20th, 2016, 11:05 AM

Now, now. Don't be going all EWU on us.

Grizalltheway
May 20th, 2016, 12:49 PM
100 days until the return of the 5 time defending National Champions the North Dakota State University Bison football program.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/100-days-to-kickoff/

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22499&stc=1

Go Bison!

Dewey

Somebody get this hothead outta here!

GreatAppSt
May 21st, 2016, 01:38 PM

xthumbsupx

dewey
May 21st, 2016, 04:34 PM
14 weeks, 98 days, until the return of the five time defending National Champions the North Dakota State University Bison.

Go Bison!

Dewey

ElCid
May 21st, 2016, 05:33 PM
Yeah, that is always the opinion of the people in the kickoff game. It ain't that way. Even when my team is in it.xthumbsupx

Has the rules committee issued a formal statement as to the methodology that is both unambiguous and nonpartisan?

So if the countdown is not to the first game (kickoff game), is it to the first full weekend? And if it is the first full weekend, is it to the first game on Saturday or the first game that weekend? And if it is to the first game that week, when does that weekend officially start? Saturday, Friday or Thursday? Because if it is Thursday, then my Bulldogs take on Mercer in Macon on Thursday, 1 Sep at 7PM which precisely 103 days and 27 minutes from the time I post this.

God I am going to love being retired.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 21st, 2016, 05:56 PM
Has the rules committee issued a formal statement as to the methodology that is both unambiguous and nonpartisan?

So if the countdown is not to the first game (kickoff game), is it to the first full weekend? And if it is the first full weekend, is it to the first game on Saturday or the first game that weekend? And if it is to the first game that week, when does that weekend officially start? Saturday, Friday or Thursday? Because if it is Thursday, then my Bulldogs take on Mercer in Macon on Thursday, 1 Sep at 7PM which precisely 103 days and 27 minutes from the time I post this.

God I am going to love being retired.

Yes, all this has been decided and for general clarification for all it is realy as simple as this.

Zero day is the first full Saturday of games shared by the vast majority of teams...in this case Sept. 3rd, 2016. Since Saturday is zero day then it really doesn't matter which game is first that day as we are an unrefined bunch and we utilize unrefined techniques. xlolx

I realize your post was in self depricating humor style but figured it is a good chance to help out anyone not really getting it.

Home boards are a great place to do these things and make it fit more precisely to your particular team if it falls just a bit outside the parameters in any given year.

Tribe4SF
May 22nd, 2016, 05:34 AM
Yes, all this has been decided and for general clarification for all it is realy as simple as this.

Zero day is the first full Saturday of games shared by the vast majority of teams...in this case Sept. 3rd, 2016. Since Saturday is zero day then it really doesn't matter which game is first that day as we are an unrefined bunch and we utilize unrefined techniques. xlolx

I realize your post was in self depricating humor style but figured it is a good chance to help out anyone not really getting it.

Home boards are a great place to do these things and make it fit more precisely to your particular team if it falls just a bit outside the parameters in any given year.

He has spoken! The committee meeting was (fortunately) brief.

Tribe4SF
May 22nd, 2016, 05:38 AM
xthumbsupx

Emeritus!

dewey
May 24th, 2016, 07:03 AM

Wooo hooo!!! Countdown day starts!

Dang it still two days away.xflamemadx

Dewey

Tribe4SF
May 24th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Wooo hooo!!! Countdown day starts!

Dang it still two days away.xflamemadx

Dewey

Will try to post very early Thursday so you can let 'er rip!

dewey
May 24th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Will try to post very early Thursday so you can let 'er rip!

I was anxiously awaiting the post this morning and was beginning to wonder what the heck was taking you so long.

Dewey

dbackjon
May 24th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Somebody started already ;0

http://csnbbs.com/thread-780599.html

bonarae
May 26th, 2016, 12:38 AM
Meanwhile...

I'll wait for Tribe4SF's signal to open the Countdown before I'll post anything about it. (My post for today is ready for posting, just waiting for his signal.)

Excited for today! xhurrayx xhypedx

dewey
May 26th, 2016, 05:30 AM
Meanwhile...

I'll wait for Tribe4SF's signal to open the Countdown before I'll post anything about it. (My post for today is ready for posting, just waiting for his signal.)

Excited for today! xhurrayx xhypedx

Yep yep! My post is ready to go as well. Countdown day is here folks.

Dewey

OhioHen
May 26th, 2016, 06:16 AM

Week Zero on the schedule. xcoffeex

Bison56
May 26th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Well?

Gangtackle11
May 26th, 2016, 11:57 AM
All dressed up with no place to go.........

dbackjon
May 26th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Why Wait?

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45565

:)

UAalum72
May 26th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Is calling it the "Great GAS" countdown redundant?

Tribe4SF
May 26th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Is calling it the "Great GAS" countdown redundant?

No. He is redundantly great, so it is non-redundant.