PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Football Game Each Weekend

NHwildEcat
May 11th, 2016, 08:59 AM
OK, I have set a little goal to try and make it to a football game each Saturday this season. There are two weeks in October where I have weddings. So those two weekends are out. For the most part I have games to go to, but I have a few weeks where things are a little more fluid...I would appreciate suggestions for games in New England.

Here is where I stand:
9/3 Open
9/10 Holy Cross at UNH
9/17 Between, UNH at Dartmouth or Virginia at UConn
9/24 Stonehill at Saint Anselm (DII)
10/1 William & Mary at UNH
10/8 Wedding Weekend #1 - No Game
10/15 Wedding Weekendn #2 - No Game
10/22 Pace at Saint Anselm
10/29 Stony Brook at UNH
11/5 Open
11/12 Albany at UNH
11/19 Maybe UConn at BC (if my UConn buddy comes north)
11/26 Open - but could be playoff game...TBD

PantherRob82
May 11th, 2016, 09:02 AM
I don't attend fall weddings. They should know better. :)

NHwildEcat
May 11th, 2016, 09:07 AM

I agree...the first wedding is on a Friday actually; however, I will have to work on the Saturday to get my work done...so really I am working- but it is due to the wedding.

The second wedding I may not be attending. There is a big issue within the family...but I know better than to assume that 5 months in advance.

813Jag
May 11th, 2016, 09:15 AM
My wife already knew us getting married in the fall wasn't an option xcoolxxlolx

Go Green
May 11th, 2016, 09:26 AM
11/5 Open

Dartmouth is on the road (Cornell), but Harvard hosts Columbia then. Last year's H-C game was fairly close, which is a improvement from some of the recent games in the series.

NHwildEcat
May 11th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Dartmouth is on the road (Cornell), but Harvard hosts Columbia then. Last year's H-C game was fairly close, which is a improvement from some of the recent games in the series.

...and Ricky Santos is now on the coaching staff at Columbia...intriguing.

aceinthehole
May 11th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Friday, Sep. 2 - Lafayette at Central Connecticut, 6 p.m. at Arute Field in New Britain, Conn.
Saturday, Nov. 5 - Sacred Heart at Central Connecticut, noon at Arute Field in New Britain, Conn.

KPSUL
May 11th, 2016, 09:56 AM
You can't miss UNH at Dartmouth on Sept 17th if you consider yourself a Wildcat fan! That's a huge revenge game for us. We need to get even with them for even looking like they might have been stronger last year and for being ranked higher most of the season.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 11th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Exactly, why should you respect anyone that doesnt respect football/you...........

Mattymc727
May 11th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Why all the Saint Anselm love? Dont they stink, not to mention being D3?

NHwildEcat
May 11th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Why all the Saint Anselm love? Dont they stink, not to mention being D3?

Wife works there, so its more or less a cheap activity for us to bring the 3 year old to. And it is also the closest venue. So I said I would go when I didn't have UNH home games to attend :)

They haven't moved down to DIII yet, but I don't discriminate on basis of level of NCAA participation. I myself, am a DII graduate.

NHwildEcat
May 11th, 2016, 10:13 AM
You can't miss UNH at Dartmouth on Sept 17th if you consider yourself a Wildcat fan! That a huge revenge game fur us. We need to get even with them for even looking like they might have been stronger last year and for being ranked higher most of the season.

Yeah, I agree. I just hate going to game solo...so it is a matter of finding some one to go with me. I have never been to a game at Dartmouth, so it'd be a great time.

RichH2
May 11th, 2016, 10:17 AM
A laudable quest. Kudos. :)

Go Green
May 11th, 2016, 10:24 AM
You can't miss UNH at Dartmouth on Sept 17th if you consider yourself a Wildcat fan! That a huge revenge game fur us. We need to get even with them for even looking like they might have been stronger last year and for being ranked higher most of the season.

Really a shame we didn't play last year. Would have been our best chance to knock you off after years of beatings....

We graduated a lot of starters. Their replacements are good, but they will be inexperienced in September.

KPSUL
May 11th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Really a shame we didn't play last year. Would have been our best chance to knock you off after years of beatings....

We graduated a lot of starters. Their replacements are good, but they will be inexperienced in September.

And so the pregame equivocation begins !

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 11th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I agree. I just hate going to game solo...so it is a matter of finding some one to go with me. I have never been to a game at Dartmouth, so it'd be a great time.

There will be plenty of Wildcat friends in Hanover, you won't be solo once there. The same for Kingston on Sept. 24th, less than two hours from Salem. I agree with KPSUL, you need to attend a game at Dartmouth!!

UAalum72
May 11th, 2016, 01:59 PM
11/5 Delaware at Albany. If a night game could be a doubleheader with CCSU/SHU

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 12th, 2016, 08:43 AM
11/5 Delaware at Albany. If a night game could be a doubleheader with CCSU/SHU

That's my plan for the UNH Bye Week! Have Blue Hen friends coming up and have tailgated with Dane fans at the AE Hoop Tourney.