PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston player charged...

Daytripper
May 5th, 2016, 07:40 AM
...with fraudulent use of a debit card. This dude is finished. Chance for a youngster to step up.

http://www.itemonline.com/news/local_news/bearkat-running-back-facing-felony-charge/article_64ef5fb1-3a33-5a9c-a6e8-3c25328a7044.html

Professor Chaos
May 5th, 2016, 08:35 AM
The debit card thing really isn't that bad. $85 worth of food is pretty small potatoes.

The problem is this is strike 3 for him in just the last 6 months including his possession of marijuana in November and iPad theft in March. Pretty dumb move because you'd think the coaches have already told him that he's on a zero tolerance policy at this point.

Daytripper
May 5th, 2016, 08:48 AM
The debit card thing really isn't that bad. $85 worth of food is pretty small potatoes.

The problem is this is strike 3 for him in just the last 6 months including his possession of marijuana in November and iPad theft in March. Pretty dumb move because you'd think the coaches have already told him that he's on a zero tolerance policy at this point.

He's just a dumbass.

POD Knows
May 5th, 2016, 09:04 AM
He's just a dumbass.

Is he any good, Illinois State might need a running back. :D

Daytripper
May 5th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Charlie Strong kicked him off the Longhorn team....The kid just doesn't know how to make good decisions. I hope he turns his life around but, for our team, good riddance.

BEAR
May 5th, 2016, 10:00 AM
How sad. I got to know Charlie at UCA through different UCA events. He is patient with kids like this. He grew up pretty poor so if Charlie kicked him off the team then he was really out of patience. He's a team builder and that kid just didn't care..at SHSU either it appears.

FormerPokeCenter
May 5th, 2016, 10:19 AM
What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men you just can't reach.

....which is the way he wants it.

Well....he gets it.

TheRevSFA
May 5th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Well at least he's already in Huntsville and used to the prison system

FormerPokeCenter
May 5th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Well at least he's already in Huntsville and used to the prison system

That could be a whole new Sam Houston recruiting angle. They could partner with the Texas Department of Corrections, as well as the probation officers closest to Texas Tech, TCU, SMU, ATM, UT, U of H, Rice, et al and work out a deal where kids who get in trouble at the big schools can get sent to Sam Houston as part of a work-release probation thing....

If they keep their noses clean, they get to stay in the half-way houses..I mean dorms! on campus and eventually graduate and and then an expungement or first time felon pardon. If not, they just move across campus to the prisoner pods and start serving their sentences....

I think that could end up being a win win for everybody involved!

Daytripper
May 5th, 2016, 11:27 AM
That could be a whole new Sam Houston recruiting angle. They could partner with the Texas Department of Corrections, as well as the probation officers closest to Texas Tech, TCU, SMU, ATM, UT, U of H, Rice, et al and work out a deal where kids who get in trouble at the big schools can get sent to Sam Houston as part of a work-release probation thing....

If they keep their noses clean, they get to stay in the half-way houses..I mean dorms! on campus and eventually graduate and and then an expungement or first time felon pardon. If not, they just move across campus to the prisoner pods and start serving their sentences....

I think that could end up being a win win for everybody involved!

https://media.giphy.com/media/5hHy4i1YoiyIw/giphy.gif

FormerPokeCenter
May 5th, 2016, 11:34 AM
LOL...only if your students aren't interested in early release for good behaviour ;)

That's a sweet mullet, tho.....Sam Houston SGA President? ;)

Daytripper
May 5th, 2016, 11:38 AM
LOL...only if your students aren't interested in early release for good behaviour ;)

That's a sweet mullet, tho.....Sam Houston SGA President? ;)

One of the great movies of all time - Office Space.

SFA 93
May 5th, 2016, 03:35 PM
This guy loves orange.

clenz
May 5th, 2016, 05:57 PM
This gets thrown out a lot but he has Illinois State written all over him.

Thumper 76
May 5th, 2016, 06:14 PM
This gets thrown out a lot but he has Illinois State written all over him.

Ah yes, I would like to use my phone call. Could you connect me to Brock Spack, please?

McNeese75
May 5th, 2016, 10:40 PM
Kid has skills (although the younger RB's looked better last year) but you knew it was probably just a matter of time before this happened. Just gives more reps to the better players.

BEAR
May 6th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Eight of the top 10 running backs in the SLC are coming back. Only two not coming back are UCA's Veasley and McNeese's Sams. The SLC will be a very good running conference this year.

Daytripper
May 6th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Eight of the top 10 running backs in the SLC are coming back. Only two not coming back are UCA's Veasley and McNeese's Sams. The SLC will be a very good running conference this year.

I think the RB to watch out for is SHSU sophomore Remus Bulmer. He is going to be a good one.

BEAR
May 6th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I really wish these university websites would update their 2016 rosters. Some, like SHSU have. Others, like UCA..well..probably won't for months. xlolx

Nickels
May 6th, 2016, 01:36 PM
I really wish these university websites would update their 2016 rosters. Some, like SHSU have. Others, like UCA..well..probably won't for months. xlolx
Don't give us too much praise. It was only halfway updated. Many players are missing. IMO update it all or wait until you can.

SFA 93
May 6th, 2016, 02:03 PM
SFA roster is updated for the most part. There are a few transfers and walk ons that are not listed.

RB to watch is SO. Loren Easly, rushed for over 700 yards as a true freshman with hurt ankle in a brace. Brace is gone and ankle fully healed now.

BEAR
May 6th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Don't give us too much praise. It was only halfway updated. Many players are missing. IMO update it all or wait until you can.

I didn't know that. I can imagine you probably can't list kids still in high school on the roster..but transfers and kids coming back really should be listed.

BEAR
May 6th, 2016, 02:13 PM
SFA roster is updated for the most part. There are a few transfers and walk ons that are not listed.

RB to watch is SO. Loren Easly, rushed for over 700 yards as a true freshman with hurt ankle in a brace. Brace is gone and ankle fully healed now.

Easly is a beast. He only got 12 yards against our defense...but...he was usually tackled by two bear defenders at the line of scrimmage rather quickly. I blame that on the SFA oline. He also got two first downs with hard runs..one with a guy holding onto him. Shore up that oline and he has a field day.

SFA 93
May 9th, 2016, 06:52 PM
That is the plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpNA8ACsaQ