PDA

View Full Version : My Official 2016 LiveSTRONG / 24 Hours of Booty Solicitation: With a door prize...

FormerPokeCenter
May 3rd, 2016, 07:53 PM
Okay, so I've been a little remiss this year with the fundraising. Increased work demands, and transitioning to a new fundraising system with the 24HOB, and I'm off the usual pace.

However the 2016 NFL draft presented an opportunity to kick things off.

The money we raised goes to fund LiveSTRONG, Be The Match (The national bone marrow donor registry) and a variety of other cancer fighting organizations like the Hendrick Motor Sports Bone Marrow Project, The Keep Pounding Fund, the Ulman Fund for Young Adults with Cancer, the Levine Cancer Center, the Indiana University Medical Center and the LiveSTRONG Institute at the University of Texas Dell Medical Center. Also supported are my friend at Wind River Cancer Wellness Retreats, who do incredible work with cancer patients, helping them to adjust to survivorship and, unfortunately, dealing with a terminal diagnosis.

Cancer absolutely sucks and your help in fighting it is desperately needed, greatly appreciated and tax deductible.

Occassionaly, I get donations of pretty cool stuff that I'm able to offer as door prizes for those who donate to the cause. This year, thanks to a 24HOB Donor and occasional AGS poster, Demon79, I've got something that fans of the Dallas Cowboys (and Mississippi State) will love.....a football autographed by new Cowboy quarterback Dak Prescott.

So..the way it works is you make a tax deductible donation to the 24 Hours of Booty of $100.00, indicating who you'd like me to ride for and also put Peggy Prescott's name (Dak's Mom) in the recognition field and I'll throw your name in the hat for a drawing to select the winner.

It's been 21 years since Dallas last won a SuperBowl, so we'll leave the fundraiser open for 21 days...On May 25, we'll do the drawing.

Best of luck to anybody who participates and thanks for all of the great support of the ride through the years!

https://events.24hoursofbooty.org/fundraise?fcid=596230

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22397&stc=1

Go...gate
May 3rd, 2016, 08:35 PM
21 years for the Cowboys? Did not realize that.

TheRevSFA
May 3rd, 2016, 08:52 PM
It's been 20....

FormerPokeCenter
May 3rd, 2016, 09:29 PM
Well...the next Super Bowl will be in 2017...the last win was 1996...so....at best it'll be 21 years between Super Bowl victories....