PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Moments in the 10 years at Chattanooga

Griswold
December 18th, 2006, 02:43 PM
For those of you at the game who saw the top 10 moments of the 10 years that the National Championship game has been held in Chattanooga I've got a questions for you...

How in the world does the stadium come in at #4 and #1? I could see the turf game possibly being listed but not at #4 and just the stadium itself being #1, COME ON! That a way to pat yourself on the back :eek:

The key play of the game last year wasn't even mentioned. When Merrill knocked the ball away from UNI's QB Sanders and Hunter picking it up and ran it in for a TD midway through the 4th quarter to take the lead and win the game. : smh :

YOsef
December 18th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Yea, we all kept waiting for that play to come up somewhere in the "top 10", But it never did. That, hoever, was the least of my worries in the fourth quarter

blueballs
December 18th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Care to name them or post a link?????????

Griswold
December 18th, 2006, 04:35 PM

Maybe some other people can help me out here...

They showed them on the scoreboard during TV timeouts throughout the game so I don't remember them all.

A fake punt for a TD by Montana was one.
Adrian Peterson's run when he threw defenders off of him was one.
There was one for Western Kentucky and at least one other on for Georgia Southern.
Plus the two of the stadium.

MrEvents
December 18th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I showed that DVD of the Top 10 in the Luncheon for both teams. It was obviously a rush job by the NCAA as I didn't get it in my hands until just before the Program started on Thursday. The music was the same as the music that was used for the highlight video last year. It was done by someone with the NCAA. A copy was given to each school afterwards.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
December 18th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I didn't pay get to see this part of the show, I wasn't paying much attention with a lot of people around. We just muted the game most of the time.

But judging from my signature you can guess what I support!

MrEvents
December 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM

I don't think there is a link and most of the choices were OK but a few were lame. Adrian Peterson's run got the most response from the players in the luncheon. I believe the Top 10 was produced to be shown, along with a locally produced piece, at the Luncheon for both teams and during the game. I had two copies and there were both given to the participating teams at the luncheon. Obviously someone had another copy that they used to show during the game. Beyond that you might ask the NCAA.

APPST '93
December 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM
It sucked.

tralfangar
December 18th, 2006, 09:43 PM
the only good one was the Peterson run where he broke about 5 tackles and then threw down a defender haha

appfan2008
December 19th, 2006, 12:25 AM
to not have the murrell and hunter play is a total disgrace

chattanoogamocs
December 19th, 2006, 12:36 AM
who cares about it either way...all that mattered was the great play on the field Friday night :smiley_wi :thumbsup: :hurray:

they should have just show 9 coaches holding up 9 national championship trophies (and number 1 be a pic of the 2006 trophy waiting for its owner)...those are the 10 greatest moments to me :)

Baldy
December 19th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Not to have AP's run as #1 is a disgrace. :nod:

th0m
December 19th, 2006, 07:48 AM
who cares about it either way...all that mattered was the great play on the field Friday night :smiley_wi :thumbsup: :hurray:

they should have just show 9 coaches holding up 9 national championship trophies (and number 1 be a pic of the 2006 trophy waiting for its owner)...those are the 10 greatest moments to me :)

Agreed! I think every team that has won there in the last 10 years, will feel like they belong there, and rightfully so!

mcveyrl
December 19th, 2006, 07:53 AM

i agree. it should've definitely been in the top 10 (i still haven't seen a list, but there can't have been 10 plays that beat a 4th quarter play that not only stopped the potential game winning drive, but also pretty much sealed the game). probably should've been pretty high.

Grizo406
December 19th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Not to have AP's run as #1 is a disgrace. :nod:

As much as AP's run hurt us, I agree!

pete4256
December 20th, 2006, 09:30 AM
As much as AP's run hurt us, I agree!

Baldy's probably talking about "the Run," not "the Son of the Run." Ask Youngstown.

GrizFanIRAQ
December 20th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Maybe some other people can help me out here...

They showed them on the scoreboard during TV timeouts throughout the game so I don't remember them all.

A fake punt for a TD by Montana was one.
Adrian Peterson's run when he threw defenders off of him was one.There was one for Western Kentucky and at least one other on for Georgia Southern.
Plus the two of the stadium.

Those were in the same game too!!:twocents:

GoGuins
December 20th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Baldy's probably talking about "the Run," not "the Son of the Run." Ask Youngstown.

We are trying to forget it! I was there and it was one of the greatest runs ever at any level:bow:

jmuroller
December 20th, 2006, 10:49 AM

This post isn't about the past 9 winning coaches. It is about the Top 10 moments video.

I'd love to see this myself!

Griswold
December 20th, 2006, 11:17 AM
The Chattanooga Sports Committee submitted about 50 clips to the NCAA then the NCAA narrowed them down to the top 10.

Here's the Top 10 list:

10. Jon Frazier's (Western Kentucky) 55 yard TD run against McNeese State in 2002.

9. A bunch of "great catches"

8. Georgia Southern 70-yard punt return

7. Furman's 54-yard Hail Mary on the final play of the game (in a loss 13-6) to Montana in 2001

6. A bunch of "great hits"

5. Marcel Shipp rushing for 244 yards on 35 carries (championship game record for number of carries) against Georgia Southern in 1998

4. New Turf

3. Montana's 65-yard fake punt for a TD against Georgia Southern

2. "The Run" Adrian Peterson's run when he threw defenders off of him against Youngstown St.

1. The opening of the new stadium

Griswold
December 20th, 2006, 11:23 AM
This post isn't about the past 9 winning coaches. It is about the Top 10 moments video.

I'd love to see this myself!

When I spoke to person with the NCAA that gave me the list I asked him for a link or and e-mail with the top 10 and he said there wasn't a link and that he was just reading the list off of a piece of paper that he had so he couldn't e-mail it to me either.

pantherclaw
December 20th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I def. agree that the play by Merril(sp?) and hunter should be on there, it changed the tone of the entire game.

Griswold
December 20th, 2006, 11:37 AM
These are a couple that stood out to me as to why...:confused:

7. Furman's 54-yard Hail Mary on the final play of the game (in a loss 13-6) to Montana in 2001
Hail Marys are great when they're for a WIN!

The games themsleves make for great moments not a stadium... and for it to be #1!:eyebrow:

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Hail Marys are great when they're for a WIN!

The games themsleves make for great moments not a stadium... and for it to be #1!

The hail mary was still a great play. Adrian Peterson's "the run" was when GSU was already ahead 24-14, but it was still #2.

igo4uni
December 20th, 2006, 07:55 PM
The key play of the game last year wasn't even mentioned. When Merrill knocked the ball away from UNI's QB Sanders and Hunter picking it up and ran it in for a TD midway through the 4th quarter to take the lead and win the game. : smh :

If not for that play, UNI wins the game.

Griswold
December 20th, 2006, 08:06 PM
If not for that play, UNI wins the game.

I agree with you 100%!

Grizo406
December 20th, 2006, 08:34 PM

You're right, Pete, I got confused. I still think "The Run", and "Son of The Run" were things of pure football beauty.