PDA

View Full Version : D-I Championship Game Sponsors

Lehigh Football Nation
December 18th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I have a simple question. Is it possible to sponsor for the D-I Football Championship game or any of the playoff games? Would it have to go through Myles Brand and the NCAA? The D-I Playoff Subcommittee?

I'm not saying I know that any company is planning to do this, but - shouldn't someone be looking into this on the NCAA side?

We have a tendency to bust on the SWAC here on AGS, but it has to be said that they are fantastic at lining up sponsors and making money with their classics (and even their championship game). I see no reason why someone in the NCAA office couldn't be doing a better job courting sponsors for one (or more) games in the playoffs.

TexasTerror
December 18th, 2006, 10:08 AM
We have a tendency to bust on the SWAC here on AGS, but it has to be said that they are fantastic at lining up sponsors and making money with their classics (and even their championship game). I see no reason why someone in the NCAA office couldn't be doing a better job courting sponsors for one (or more) games in the playoffs.

I'd question how much of an impact sponsors would have on the championship game and $$$ into the pockets of FCS schools...

I question how much of an impact does the SCG and the Classics have on the SWAC athletic departments, especially since they 'prostitute' their basketball squads, which is nationally discussed, for money games. Are the sponsors, Classics and SCG even supplying the kind of money that we think they are?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 18th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I did see that:

2006 NCAA Div. I Football Championship is sponsored on ESPN2 by Enterprise Rent-A-Car