PDA

View Full Version : Bennett: No Plans to Leave CCU

TexasTerror
December 18th, 2006, 08:29 AM
He's built the program and he has no intentions on leaving. Quite honestly, I have yet to hear his name mentioned with the SFA job. I did hear Chuck South's HC named, but not Bennett as a potential candidate. Strange. Regardless, it's always nice to hear from your HC that he has no intentions on leaving, even if that isn't always true...

--------------
Bennett not leaving CCU anytime soon

Coastal Carolina football coach David Bennett doesn't like to talk about his future employment plans, and it's hard to blame him.

When his name comes up for another job, as it has with Stephen F. Austin, it sounds like he's unhappy at CCU, which is entirely untrue.

But if he pulls a Lyndon Johnson and says "If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve," he effectively pulls his name out of the running for any job that may come available.

It's a tough spot to be in, but part of the reason he already makes the big bucks at CCU. And by exploring other opportunities, he can campaign for raises for himself and his assistants.

"This is our home. We don't plan on going any-where," Bennett said Sunday. "We want to stay at Coastal and hopefully Coastal wants us here too."

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/16264921.htm

MarkCCU
December 18th, 2006, 02:14 PM
We'll keep ya Bennet!