PDA

View Full Version : UMass in 07

umassfan
December 17th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Seems every other team started this after they lost in the playoffs... I figured Id start UMass's

We lose:
OL Alex Miller
OL David Thompson
WR Brandon London
RB Steve Baylark

DL John Hatchell
DL Jason Leonard
LB Brad Anderson
SS James Ihedigbo
FS Brandon Smith
CB Tracy Belton

P Christian Koegel

We return:
4 OLine starters(one started missed most of the season with broken arm)
WR JJ Moore (2nd in recieving)
WR Racheed Rancher
TE Brad Listorti (3rd in recieving)
QB Liam Coen (lead I-AA for majority of year in pass eff)
FB Matt Lawrence

DL David Burris(leading sacker)
DL Brandon Collier
LB Jason Hatchell (lead in tackles)
LB Charles Walker(2nd in tackles)
CB Sean Smalls

K Chris Kopelin(tied UMass record for fgs in a season and broke XP record)
KR Lawrence, Robinson
PR JJ Moore.

LBer and Secondairy replacements will not be an issue. Might need to bring in a DLine transfer to fill in right away. RB will be replaced by Tony Nelson who might be the next great back at UMass.

AZGrizFan
December 18th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Seems every other team started this after they lost in the playoffs... I figured Id start UMass's

We lose:
OL Alex Miller
OL David Thompson
WR Brandon London
RB Steve Baylark

DL John Hatchell
DL Jason Leonard
LB Brad Anderson
SS James Ihedigbo
FS Brandon Smith
CB Tracy Belton

P Christian Koegel

We return:
4 OLine starters(one started missed most of the season with broken arm)
WR JJ Moore (2nd in recieving)
WR Racheed Rancher
TE Brad Listorti (3rd in recieving)
QB Liam Coen (lead I-AA for majority of year in pass eff)
FB Matt Lawrence

DL David Burris(leading sacker)
DL Brandon Collier
LB Jason Hatchell (lead in tackles)
LB Charles Walker(2nd in tackles)
CB Sean Smalls

K Chris Kopelin(tied UMass record for fgs in a season and broke XP record)
KR Lawrence, Robinson
PR JJ Moore.

LBer and Secondairy replacements will not be an issue. Might need to bring in a DLine transfer to fill in right away. RB will be replaced by Tony Nelson who might be the next great back at UMass.

good luck filling those two. :eek:

umassfan
December 18th, 2006, 12:43 AM
good luck filling those two. :eek:
They wont be easy shoes to fill. Its hard to replace a 5000+ yard back and a big physical WR that blocks well also.

Nelson is a faster back the Baylark but also less physical. He used this season to learn as much as he could from Baylark before the seasons end. I was kinda shocked not to see Nelson run much in the playoffs. He was a very good change of pace for us when he played. He got to see alot of time early in games that we won big. He will have 3 returning All A10 OLinemen blocking for him though.

B&G
December 18th, 2006, 01:50 AM
SS James Ihedigbo seems like he leaves some tough shoes to fill too. Not only as a player but as a leader too.

Kymermosst
December 19th, 2006, 01:26 PM
SS James Ihedigbo seems like he leaves some tough shoes to fill too. Not only as a player but as a leader too.

That was what everyone said about Shannon James last year, and JI stepped up for us. There will always be someone to step up and take the reins. I look for Hatchell to do it next year (on the defensive side at least).

As for London and Baylark, I suppose we'll just have to see what happens come September. I think we've got enough returning talent that we can pick up the slack, but only time will tell...

Peems
December 19th, 2006, 02:16 PM
did washington graduate?

Umass74
December 19th, 2006, 03:21 PM
did washington graduate?

Washington already had his BA from Syracuse. He was a grad student in UMass Business School.

Last I heard he was petitioning the NCAA to get another year because he missed nearly an entire year at Syracuse due to a concussion.

He was introduced as a senior at senior day, so I'm not sure of his status.