PDA

View Full Version : Van Gorder/GSU ?

tarmac
December 17th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Whats going on at GSU. Message board has been locked down since Thursday and one of the latest posts (which cannot be accessed) says something about VanGorder going to Cincinnati.

Message board was locked down before when a coaching change was made.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 17th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Whats going on at GSU. Message board has been locked down since Thursday and one of the latest posts (which cannot be accessed) says something about VanGorder going to Cincinnati.

I think '22 and the gang are feeling overwhelmed with their moderation responsibilities. Too many angry people coming online and posting.

bryan92
December 17th, 2006, 03:04 PM
http://www.tscsports.com/news/publish/article_6011.shtml

pete4256
December 17th, 2006, 04:52 PM

Message board was locked down before when a coaching change was made.

FORMER GSU defensive coordinator Joe Tresey (2004-2005) is the new dc in Cincinnati. The person who posted about BVG going there was running off at the mouth. He was immediately set straight. Most of the talk going around has been irresponsible. We'll see how everything shakes down.

Baldy
December 17th, 2006, 06:18 PM
It was some sort of synchronization/hard disk failure, and they're having to restore if from a back-up. From what E22 told me, he doesn't have the capability to do it himself and is at the mercy of his provider.

Seven Would Be Nice
December 17th, 2006, 09:22 PM
All the anti-BVG talk crashed the servers!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx
:bang:

pete4256
December 17th, 2006, 10:34 PM
All the anti-BVG talk crashed the servers!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx
:bang:

Actually, seems like the talk has died down now that the indignity of losing every week is over (for the time being).

Except for the two-day rumor about Texas.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 17th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Actually, seems like the talk has died down now that the indignity of losing every week is over (for the time being).

Except for the two-day rumor about Texas.

It amazes me how stupid people can be on there sometimes. I saw the Texas rumor and threw the BS flag. I contacted the reporter from the Austin,Tx newspaper and traced the source back to Alex Pelligrino. Alex is the sports reporter at the Statesboro Herald who covers GSU. I know her clique of friends and they didn't like Sewak being fired. She hasn't liked VanGorder from the start and has capitalized on every opportunity to make him look bad in the press which she has a lot of control over since she is the head GSU sports reporter in the town GSU is in. I also found out that she had no credible source backing her "hear-say" rumor up. Just the fact the there was a rumor about there being a rumor in the coaching circle that Texas was possibly looking at VanGorder to be a potential candidate for the Texas DC/Linebackers Coach position.

Since the Athletic Dept. reads the boards, they saw all of this and know Alex did all of this. I imagine she got a nice phone call the next day.

gsugt1
December 18th, 2006, 06:47 AM
She hasn't liked VanGorder from the start and has capitalized on every opportunity to make him look bad in the press which she has a lot of control over since she is the head GSU sports reporter in the town GSU is in. .
Her reports through out the season were fair IMO.

pete4256
December 18th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Her reports through out the season were fair IMO.

I agree. She did what reporters do: she asked questions such as "was this latest team who whipped GSU's asses more prepared?"

For which she was subjected to pretty rude treatment.

And I want some proof that she made up a rumor, B&WF. Other than the Austin reporter's e-mail that she had spoken with a female from Statesboro.

BTW, I hope you enjoy possibly jeopardizing her job. You didn't like it too much when the powers-that-be gave you hell, did you? Maybe I should ring up someone important and call you out?

ButlerGSU
December 18th, 2006, 10:21 AM
She's shoots off a lot about things she has not put two minutes worth of thought into. I am not surpised these rumors came from her.

GSU Eagle
December 18th, 2006, 10:38 AM
The GSU boards are back up so let the BVG slamming continue. I wonder what "rumor" we will read next about BVG going somewhere now.

ErkPeterson
December 18th, 2006, 10:59 AM
The GSU boards are back up so let the BVG slamming continue. I wonder what "rumor" we will read next about BVG going somewhere now.
I heard from a "reliable" source that VG showed up at the Woodin Nickel dressed in full drag to get the Ladies night special. Seriously I'm kidding just trying to make a point how tired I am of hearing all these rumors. Presentley I still support BVG and will give him one more chance to prove himself.
:smiley_wi

gsugt1
December 18th, 2006, 12:26 PM
She's shoots off a lot about things she has not put two minutes worth of thought into. .

Like what. I don't recall anything. She does ask tough but fair questions.

PantherRob82
December 18th, 2006, 12:27 PM
BVG needs to figure something out. It was bad enough to dismantle the offense, but if you lose a ton on top of that and then leave, that would be pretty lame.

Mr. C
December 18th, 2006, 12:44 PM
So here we go again shooting the messanger. Alex Pellegrino is a young reporter who has EARNED a lot of respect from A LOT of her peers in a two-year period of time. She is a pro, who has done a fine job. Lay off the attacks on her. Anyone who attacks her just shows how little they truly know.

blueballs
December 18th, 2006, 01:52 PM
So here we go again shooting the messanger. Alex Pellegrino is a young reporter who has EARNED a lot of respect from A LOT of her peers in a two-year period of time. She is a pro, who has done a fine job. Lay off the attacks on her. Anyone who attacks her just shows how little they truly know.

I'd attack her...:smiley_wi

bryan92
December 18th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I'd attack her...:smiley_wi
In a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

Baldy
December 18th, 2006, 03:11 PM
I agree. She did what reporters do: she asked questions such as "was this latest team who whipped GSU's asses more prepared?"

If she asked the question you exactly quoted, then she deserves any rude treatment she's given.

KJ Eagle
December 18th, 2006, 03:51 PM
In a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

She's dating a guy (can't remember his name to save my life right now) that pitched at GSU and is now playing for the Pirates. How's that for winning the genetic lottery...playing in the bigs and dating a hot girl that knows her sports. Sign me up!!!:bow:

KJ Eagle
December 18th, 2006, 03:53 PM
If she asked the question you exactly quoted, then she deserves any rude treatment she's given.

Not as exactly quoted...but she did ask BVG if a particular team was more prepared and if that is why they won. I can't remember what game it was, but it was on the online post game press links on WTOC's site.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 18th, 2006, 04:10 PM

And I want some proof that she made up a rumor, B&WF. Other than the Austin reporter's e-mail that she had spoken with a female from Statesboro.

BTW, I hope you enjoy possibly jeopardizing her job. You didn't like it too much when the powers-that-be gave you hell, did you? Maybe I should ring up someone important and call you out?

I agree with you, she asked a fair question and the response was not great.

She is a good reporter in the sense that she knows her audience and writes accordingly. She is very careful to not go over the line, but she does a dang good job pushing it as far as it can be pushed. I have read every single word she has written about GSU since last October (over a years worth of articles). It doesn't take a genius to figure out her bias. She clearly is a fan of the triple option and was not happy to see it go. Go back and read her articles and if you can't see that, you might want to apply to be a SoCon official because you are just that blind. You can also see she has not been a fan of VanGorder from the start. It has been more and more obvious as time goes on. Again, go back and read her articles and look to see what the bias is.

She does a good job at times. Other times, her work is so slanted I can hardly stand to read it.

I never like it when the powers-that-be call me. But what are you going to call me out on? I had a long conversation the other day regarding some material on TSC with t-p-t-b and they were thankful I was able to pin-point where the rumor came from.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 18th, 2006, 04:17 PM

This is what I know, you wrote this shortly after Coach Sewak was fired:

"I guarantee you that there are many people around I-AA, whether they be opposing coaches, players, media personnel, or fans than will be cheering if the next Eagle coach crash lands."

Baldy
December 18th, 2006, 05:06 PM

"I guarantee you that there are many people around I-AA, whether they be opposing coaches, players, media personnel, or fans than will be cheering if the next Eagle coach crash lands."
There you go again, shooting the messenger. xlolx

December 18th, 2006, 05:12 PM
This is what I know, you wrote this...and YOU wrote this:
I know Coach VanGorder (I am a member of the recruiting staff)

gsuwinsudont
December 18th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Whew....App St are the 2 time defending champs and the garbage from TSC still spills over to AGS?! :rolleyes: Some people need to let this go. Pro BVG clan: IMO we'll be just fine. 7 losses by 21 total points. To the Anti BVG sect: I know, BVG is the antichrist. We all do. Just spare AGS' bandwith and keep the garbage inhouse. xlolx

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 18th, 2006, 08:37 PM
and YOU wrote this:

Yes, I did write that. It should be stated that I am a student, and help promote Georgia Southern. I am a Southern Ambassador. We are a select group of students who work with the Office of Admissions, the Office of Alumni Relations, and the Athletic Department. We give tours of the school, host open houses, serve the community in various aspects, assist with athletic recruiting (which is how I know the coaches), work with alumni, and help to promote Georgia Southern in many other ways.

I need to clarify that, because taken out of context, that statement could be misinterperated and the NCAA would throw a fit. I am not a coach, and I am not an employee of the athletic department.

I should have picked a better word to use than "staff" as staff are employees that get paid. Team would have been a better choice than staff. Please be aware of this.

December 18th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Yes, I did write that. It should be stated that I am a student, and help promote Georgia Southern. I am a Southern Ambassador. We are a select group of students who work with the Office of Admissions, the Office of Alumni Relations, and the Athletic Department. We give tours of the school, host open houses, serve the community in various aspects, assist with athletic recruiting (which is how I know the coaches), work with alumni, and help to promote Georgia Southern in many other ways.

I need to clarify that, because taken out of context, that statement could be misinterperated and the NCAA would throw a fit. I am not a coach, and I am not an employee of the athletic department.

I should have picked a better word to use than "staff" as staff are employees that get paid. Team would have been a better choice than staff. Please be aware of this.Understood. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 18th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Understood. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

For the record, because you never know who reads these boards, it was also clarified in the thread in which it was originally stated in September.

Just pointing that out to make sure my bases are covered.

December 18th, 2006, 08:50 PM
For the record, because you never know who reads these boards, it was also clarified in the thread in which it was originally stated in September.

Just pointing that out to make sure my bases are covered.Then thanks for RE-clarifying that! :nod:

ButlerGSU
December 18th, 2006, 09:18 PM

Great couple of post Blue...

December 18th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Great couple of post Blue...Yeah, very observant of Coulson to foresee what would happen this year and what is happening now... especially among the so-called "fans."

Baldy
December 18th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, very observant of Coulson to foresee what would happen this year and what is happening now... especially among the so-called "fans."
Yeah, like making the wild prediction that the sun will come up in the morning. xlolx

December 18th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah, like making the wild prediction that the sun will come up in the morning.Not only how "fans" would turn on BVG but how about the I-AA.org Magazine predicting Georgia Southern would finish sixth in the SoCon? Seems like the CSN staff had this year in Statesboro pegged. xlolx Better luck next year! :nod:

ButlerGSU
December 18th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah, like making the wild prediction that the sun will come up in the morning. xlolx

Now Baldy, you can't prove that...

December 18th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Now Baldy, you can't prove that...That never stopped Baldy before... :lmao:

Baldy
December 18th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Not only how "fans" would turn on BVG but how about the I-AA.org Magazine predicting Georgia Southern would finish sixth in the SoCon? Seems like the CSN staff had this year in Statesboro pegged. xlolx Better luck next year! :nod:
As I said earlier...way to realllllly step out on a limb with that prediction. :rolleyes:

Since Coulson didn't bother to respond before, I'll give you the opportunity.
According to the CSN staff, GSU is in an "absolute mess" and will continue to be as long as VanGorder is around. Why doesn't the CSN staff be really bold go ahead and put it on the record right now that GSU will again finish 6th or worse in the SoCon. :eyebrow:

Baldy
December 18th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Now Baldy, you can't prove that...
You're right. I guess we'll find out in a few hours tho. According to the paper the sun rises at 7:22 am. I guess we'll find out for sure, but I'm willing to bet that I'll be right, as usual. Sorry that I won't be able to say the same for ralph tho... xlolx

December 18th, 2006, 11:11 PM
As I said earlier...way to realllllly step out on a limb with that prediction.Still hard for you to admit it huh Baldy? xlolx
...According to the CSN staff, GSU is in an "absolute mess" and will continue to be as long as VanGorder is around...:rolleyes: Why am I not surprised? xlolx xlolx :rolleyes: xlolx xlolx Cite your source of the "CSN staff" oh libelous one. Seems like you are like the others. Lash out son, lash out! xcoffeex

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 18th, 2006, 11:12 PM

I think you should go back to the July and August posts on tscports. Is there ANYONE who was predicting a 3-8 season for this year? I think most people were thinking 8-3 or 7-4ish (remember how a bunch of GSU posters got mad when the preseason Socon rankings for CSN were released?). I don't know what you were thinking preseason, but I certainly wasn't thinking 5 losses at home and 6th in the conference. I have to give CSN credit for seeing this one coming... I don't think they'd pick us to do bad just because of a grudge some might be holding against Sam Baker.

Also, I want to know your reason for thinking that we will get any better next season. We got no better after weeks and weeks of practice this year and you think a spring of practice is going to do anything?

Baldy
December 18th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Why am I not surprised? xlolx xlolx :rolleyes: xlolx xlolx Cite your source of the "CSN staff" oh libelous one. Seems like you are like the others. Lash out son, lash out! xcoffeex

Georgia Southern is an absolute mess right now and will continue to be so as long as Van Gorder is around (though it shouldn't be long before he jumps ship).

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18075

Ralph, you must receive great sadistic pleasure in being wrong all the time. xlolx
Are you going to step up to the plate and make a prediction or not?

December 18th, 2006, 11:45 PM
... you must receive great sadistic pleasure...The king of wrong tops himself again!!!! :nod: :nod: :rolleyes: :nod:

Somehow you get "According to the CSN staff" out of a post by an AGS member. Grab a dinghy because you are sinking fast.

Lash out son, lash out! :nono: xlolx xlolx xlolx

Baldy
December 18th, 2006, 11:47 PM
I think you should go back to the July and August posts on tscports. Is there ANYONE who was predicting a 3-8 season for this year? I think most people were thinking 8-3 or 7-4ish (remember how a bunch of GSU posters got mad when the preseason Socon rankings for CSN were released?). I don't know what you were thinking preseason, but I certainly wasn't thinking 5 losses at home and 6th in the conference. I have to give CSN credit for seeing this one coming... I don't think they'd pick us to do bad just because of a grudge some might be holding against Sam Baker.

Also, I want to know your reason for thinking that we will get any better next season. We got no better after weeks and weeks of practice this year and you think a spring of practice is going to do anything?
I don't care what predictions were made on TSC. It has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. I had no expectations going into this year. Either we could have taken the transition in stride and not miss a beat (highly unlikely), or we could have struggled. I was hoping for scenario #1, but fully expected the second one to happen. I wasn't disappointed.

Honestly, that is an idiotic statement to make. Why do you think we won't get any better? If that were the case, no team would ever get better or worse. Everyone would stay the same from year to year.

December 18th, 2006, 11:52 PM
... I had no expectations going into this year...xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

A quick look at the archives proves your assertion to be false. :nod:

Baldy
December 18th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Somehow you get the "CSN staff" out of a post by an AGS member.

Lash out son, lash out! :nono: xlolx xlolx xlolx
When that post by an AGS member is also a member of the CSN "staff", yes.

Baldy
December 18th, 2006, 11:57 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Let's see it.

December 19th, 2006, 12:02 AM
When that post by an AGS member is also a member of the CSN "staff", yes.In case you didn't know, there is more than one person on the CSN staff.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/82408_CSNWay.jpg http://www.collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/82529_CSNWest.jpg http://www.collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/82551_CSNDiary.jpg
http://www.i-aa.org/upload/Deriso.jpg http://www.i-aa.org/upload/A10DenDowd.jpg http://www.i-aa.org/upload/Gemunder.jpg

to name just a few... xcoffeex

December 19th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Let's see it.Look it up son and lash out, lash out!:D

Baldy
December 19th, 2006, 12:08 AM
In case you didn't know, there is more than one person on the CSN staff.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/82408_CSNWay.jpg http://www.collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/82529_CSNWest.jpg http://www.collegesportingnews.com/images/articles/82551_CSNDiary.jpg
http://www.i-aa.org/upload/Deriso.jpg http://www.i-aa.org/upload/A10DenDowd.jpg http://www.i-aa.org/upload/Gemunder.jpg

to name just a few... xcoffeex
But only one of them goes by Mr. C on these forums. :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

You've been exposed, but please keep trying. xlolx

Baldy
December 19th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Look it up son and lash out, lash out!:D
What's wrong? Can't find anything? xlolx
Thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

December 19th, 2006, 12:12 AM
...According to the CSN staff, GSU is in an "absolute mess" and will continue to be as long as VanGorder is around...:rolleyes: Why am I not surprised? xlolx xlolx :rolleyes: xlolx xlolx Cite your source of the "CSN staff" oh libelous one. Seems like you are like the others. Lash out son, lash out! xcoffeex

December 19th, 2006, 12:13 AM
still waiting libelman... xlolx

BTW, :xmas: :beerchug:

Baldy
December 19th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Still waiting liarman. xlolx

Baldy
December 19th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Cite your source of the "CSN staff" oh libelous one.
Already have son, sorry.

Baldy
December 19th, 2006, 12:27 AM
and still waiting............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

C'mon ralph you said it was a "quick look". xlolx

December 19th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Already have son, sorry.Maybe in your dreams but not in reality libelman. The CSN staff has 11 people and I am waiting for you to prove that the staff stated "GSU is in an 'absolute mess' and will continue to be as long as VanGorder is around." They didn't but you are too stubborn to admit you are wrong.

Same as you won't look to see you certainly had "expectations going into this year."

Have fun and I hope you have a very happy chrismahanukwanzakah! :p

End of discussion.

Baldy
December 19th, 2006, 12:40 AM
End of discussion.
I hope you're not quitting on me. I'm just getting warmed up. xlolx

pete4256
December 19th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I agree with you, she asked a fair question and the response was not great.

She is a good reporter in the sense that she knows her audience and writes accordingly. She is very careful to not go over the line, but she does a dang good job pushing it as far as it can be pushed. I have read every single word she has written about GSU since last October (over a years worth of articles). It doesn't take a genius to figure out her bias. She clearly is a fan of the triple option and was not happy to see it go. Go back and read her articles and if you can't see that, you might want to apply to be a SoCon official because you are just that blind. You can also see she has not been a fan of VanGorder from the start. It has been more and more obvious as time goes on. Again, go back and read her articles and look to see what the bias is.

She does a good job at times. Other times, her work is so slanted I can hardly stand to read it.

I never like it when the powers-that-be call me. But what are you going to call me out on? I had a long conversation the other day regarding some material on TSC with t-p-t-b and they were thankful I was able to pin-point where the rumor came from.

Again, what's the job that the press has in our society? It ain't cheerleading, whether we're talking about politics or football.

You don't like her because she asks real questions. That's her job. Getting snowed by a BVG handshake and believing that he would win 10 or 11 games in 2006 is not. That's YOUR job, Mr. Ambassador.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 19th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Again, what's the job that the press has in our society? It ain't cheerleading, whether we're talking about politics or football.

You don't like her because she asks real questions. That's her job. Getting snowed by a BVG handshake and believing that he would win 10 or 11 games in 2006 is not. That's YOUR job, Mr. Ambassador.

The professional responsibility the press has is the report the whole truth as accurately and unbiasedly as possible.

To say I don't like her because she asks real questions is absurd. I like the fact she is asking real questions. That is NOT the problem.

The problem is she finds a "rumor" in Statesboro. She calls two papers in Texas and gets them to publish so she can turn around and write this in the Herald a couple days later:

"Speculation swirled around Statesboro Tuesday morning after The Dallas Morning News, citing an anonymous source, reported the University of Texas is eying Georgia Southern coach Brian VanGorder for its vacant co-defensive coordinator position."

The anonymous source is HER!

I was in contact with the folks in Texas because I have friends on the team and when they learned about this, they wanted to know what on earth was going on. So I did a little investigating and was able to trace the source right back to Alex Pelligrino.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 20th, 2006, 03:56 PM
The professional responsibility the press has is the report the whole truth as accurately and unbiasedly as possible.

To say I don't like her because she asks real questions is absurd. I like the fact she is asking real questions. That is NOT the problem.

The problem is she finds a "rumor" in Statesboro. She calls two papers in Texas and gets them to publish so she can turn around and write this in the Herald a couple days later:

"Speculation swirled around Statesboro Tuesday morning after The Dallas Morning News, citing an anonymous source, reported the University of Texas is eying Georgia Southern coach Brian VanGorder for its vacant co-defensive coordinator position."

The anonymous source is HER!

I was in contact with the folks in Texas because I have friends on the team and when they learned about this, they wanted to know what on earth was going on. So I did a little investigating and was able to trace the source right back to Alex Pelligrino.

Wait a minute...I thought it was said that someone claims they saw BVG at UT. So is Alex just lying?

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 20th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Wait a minute...I thought it was said that someone claims they saw BVG at UT. So is Alex just lying?

Someone did say BVG was in Austin that day. According to the players, he was in Statesboro that day.

Alex isn't lying, but she is not representing the situation to the full extent she could be which has caused a lot of confusion and speculation and negativity (but is good for ratings). She heard it from someone who heard a rumor in the coaching circle about there being a rumor of UT thinking about BVG as a coach.

Play telephone games and all of the sudden, BVG is reportedly spotted in Austin according to a Texas newspaper.

A good friend of my family is a former DI player and coach. I asked him about this and if he had heard anything from his buddies. He said he had heard about it before the Texas reports, but there was no legitimacy to it and was only a rumor about the folks at UT considering BVG.

eaglesrthe1
December 20th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Not only how "fans" would turn on BVG but how about the I-AA.org Magazine predicting Georgia Southern would finish sixth in the SoCon? Seems like the CSN staff had this year in Statesboro pegged. xlolx Better luck next year! :nod:

I have to say that the prediction was pegged right on. It wasn't expected by me, for cetain.

I don't understand why you are trying to hang your hat on a prediction that was made be the CSN staff, however.:confused: It's not like there was some type of clairvoyance demonstrated on your part.

Kill'em
December 21st, 2006, 02:38 AM
Now that the Baldy-versus-Ralph debate is over.

SoCon48
December 22nd, 2006, 02:10 AM
I have to say that the prediction was pegged right on. It wasn't expected by me, for cetain.

I don't understand why you are trying to hang your hat on a prediction that was made be the CSN staff, however.:confused: It's not like there was some type of clairvoyance demonstrated on your part.

Let's see. 6th in the SoCon. Lost 6 games by a TD or less.
Gave the National Champion their toughest game of the year, by far! Triple OT.
But somehow, that doesn't mean squat when the argument comes up about how week the SoCon is and how it only has 2 or 3 good teams a year.
Go figure.:rolleyes:

December 22nd, 2006, 02:47 AM
I don't understand why you are trying to hang your hat on a prediction that was made be the CSN staff, however.:confused: It's not like there was some type of clairvoyance demonstrated on your part.Well I am part of that staff and was just answering Baldy's assertion that it was like predicting the sun rose in the morning. I take no pleasure at GSU's tough season if that's what you meant. Georgia SOUTHERN is in my blood and I'll always love them... just not blindly or homerly. Still feeling sad about Erk too... :bawling: