PDA

View Full Version : If you could schedule the I-A school of your choice...

ChickenMan
July 7th, 2005, 08:58 AM
who would you want it to be...???

OL FU
July 7th, 2005, 09:06 AM
USC (University of Spurrier Criminology).

We are not Skeered.

Gil Dobie
July 7th, 2005, 09:11 AM
who would you want it to be...???

Minnesota

Cocky
July 7th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Notre Dame

For the exposure

Killtoppers90
July 7th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Kentucky and show them Blue Boys what KY football is ALL about! SHORTY!

Umass74
July 7th, 2005, 09:27 AM
UConn.

TexasTerror
July 7th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Rice. I know, it's not a big time I-A school, but I've been a Rice fan all my life and think it'd be an excellent game between Sam and Rice...

AgentOrange
July 7th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Texas A&M.

Back during the Chris Chaloupka days. Sam Houston gave the Aggies quite a scare, leading the game as it went into halftime. Sure enough, RC Slocum must have really torn into his team, 'casue they came back hard and wound up winning the game.

But with a team as sketchy as TAMU, I wouldn't mind our chances against them.

colgate13
July 7th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Syracuse

NorthDakotaBison
July 7th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Iowa State

kats89
July 7th, 2005, 09:51 AM
We are getting our shots this year ...Univ of Houston and Texas Tech.

Purple Knight
July 7th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Duke or Wake Forest at our House. Gamecocks would be good, but I don't believe Spurrier would take any prisoners.

eaglesrthe1
July 7th, 2005, 10:15 AM
GaTech

BlackSaturday
July 7th, 2005, 10:35 AM
East Carolina

Proud Griz Man
July 7th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Former BSC Conference foe Idaho Vandals. Here is the write-up before our last game against the Vandals in 2003, a Griz victory:

Rivalries are the essence of college football, and this weekend one of the oldest and most storied of these local rivalries will be played out in Washington-Grizzly Stadium. Yes, the Griz have another rival: the University of Idaho Vandals, who come to Missoula seeking victory in a match-up that celebrates its 100th birthday this year. Montana and Idaho meet for the 83rd time today in a clash that stretches back a century. After a three-year hiatus in the late 1990s, as Idaho moved to Division I-A, the two teams have played in some memorable and heart-stopping games. Every Griz/Vandal game played between 1999 and 2001 was decided on the final play. This year the Griz look to extend their winning streak to four following last year's 38-31 triumph. Idaho's last victory came on a last-second field goal in 1999. Idaho claimed a lopsided victory in the 1903 game and has since continued its winning ways against the Griz. They lead the rivalry 55-25-2. In 1938, the stakes rose with the introduction of a trophy. The Little Brown Stein, a 12-pound, 25-inch wooden beer stein, is given to the winner of the game. Idaho has claimed the Little Brown Stein 37 times to Montana's 20.

The Gadfly
July 7th, 2005, 11:32 AM
East Carolina so we can beat Skip for trying to steal our coach and to be the "Kings of the Coast" since the Citadel is too scared to play us. ;)

cu@wgs
July 7th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Idaho is probably the obvious choice but I think we should play a team like Arkansas or South Carolina if not so much for the experience then for those who think we should move to I-a. I suppose Oregon will fill that same test this year.

Ivytalk
July 7th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Navy.

OL FU
July 7th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Duke or Wake Forest at our House. Gamecocks would be good, but I don't believe Spurrier would take any prisoners.

Don't disagree. But USC ain't Florida :)

ccujacket
July 7th, 2005, 11:50 AM
USC or Clemson. Preferably Clemson, as the ole Ballcoach has been inclined to run up the score on his opponents.

putter
July 7th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Colorado. Would give the Griz good exposure and be a fun game to watch against a Big 12 team. MSU plays Ok State this year so we will get a glimpse.

lucchesicourt
July 7th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I'd like to see UC Davis play Cal. A typical UC rivalry here. This will probably happen sometime, seeing that Cal is playing Sac Statethis year and UC Davis is playing Stanford.

FL connection
July 7th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Eastern Michigan......money and a "W" again!!!!!! connection out!

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 7th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Temple because i think it would be funny when Lehigh would beat my soon to be alma mater
Penn State- just because it's PSU, and i can't stand PSU!!! I think Lehigh would have hung tough with them the last few years, however JoPa seems to have righted the ship a little.

blackfordpu
July 7th, 2005, 12:49 PM
We got a pretty good draw from the I-A teams this year and should will either prove how good we are or will totally dismantle us. Houston and Texas Tech are two premiere teams. Houston may be a winnable game but the Tech game we will have to be firing on ALL cylinders to pull that one out.

TxSt02
July 7th, 2005, 12:57 PM
We got a pretty good draw from the I-A teams this year and should will either prove how good we are or will totally dismantle us. Houston and Texas Tech are two premiere teams. Houston may be a winnable game but the Tech game we will have to be firing on ALL cylinders to pull that one out.

Houston is NOT a premiere team... You guys can beat them and I would like to see it! You will not beat Tech. I hope we never play them because you will lose by 14 or 65+ with how trashy they are...

Eagle_77
July 7th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Georgia Tech or Navy

TexasTerror
July 7th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Houston may not be a 'premiere' team, but they are now in position to compete for conference titles each and every year. That's something that is unspoken of in Bobcat lore.

TxSt02
July 7th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I want my chance at these guys even though they will never schedule a IAA program...
http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/Texas.gif

TxState_GO_CATS!
July 7th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Houston may not be a 'premiere' team, but they are now in position to compete for conference titles each and every year. That's something that is unspoken of in Bobcat lore.

With SAM's inconsistency, it's never been heard of in Bearkat lore either.

Hope you guys hang with Tech. Should be a fun game to watch if you guys are close to where you were last season (although it may take some time for your new WRs to catch up). Houston could be close, IMO.

Sam_Kats
July 7th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Hey, I'd love to see us take down the Coogs as well as give Tech a good game for 3 quarters...I just know how their offense works and it will be tough for a team with 20 less 'ships to handle. I would also love to see the Bobcats go to Kyle Field and give the Aggies fits like McNeese did a few years ago. I think Fran's old team will be a bit overmatched as we will with the Red Raiders.

Gotta go with the I-AA teams though!

TxSt02
July 7th, 2005, 01:11 PM

North Texas is a premiere team in your books then right? Houston will not finish ahead of (in no particular order) Marshall, Southern Miss, UTEP or UAB this year. And come on they were 3-8 last year. Sounds like one hell of a team to me...

TxSt02
July 7th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Hey, I'd love to see us take down the Coogs as well as give Tech a good game for 3 quarters...I just know how their offense works and it will be tough for a team with 20 less 'ships to handle. I would also love to see the Bobcats go to Kyle Field and give the Aggies fits like McNeese did a few years ago. I think Fran's old team will be a bit overmatched as we will with the Red Raiders.

Gotta go with the I-AA teams though!

True, I imagine that yall would have a great showing in Houston for the game. It was great to see 3000 strong at our Baylor game last year. Good luck it is a winable game...

Red Hawk
July 7th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Mizzou!

TexasTerror
July 7th, 2005, 01:29 PM
North Texas is a premiere team in your books then right? Houston will not finish ahead of (in no particular order) Marshall, Southern Miss, UTEP or UAB this year. And come on they were 3-8 last year. Sounds like one hell of a team to me...

Have you seen their division? Only tough win would be against UTEP. UH should have no problem with rest of C-USA division they are in. If they get to C-USA title game, anything can happen. Just ask Oklahoma...

bison95
July 7th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Iowa, They always seem to blow one early, May as well blow it on us ;) :D

Go...gate
July 7th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Notre Dame

GannonFan
July 7th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Michigan - although it would look like the Spring Game it would still be cool.

Golden Eagle
July 7th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Middle Tennessee State, to get our heated rivalry back.

For REAL I-As, I'd go with either Kentucky or Vandy. So we could beat em.

McNeese75
July 7th, 2005, 02:26 PM
LS who
Tulane
Houston

Retro
July 7th, 2005, 02:26 PM

That would be cool!

dbackjon
July 7th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Ex-BSC mates BSU, Nevada and Idaho.

mlbowl
July 7th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I would love to see the Griz play Boise State. I think it would be a very competitive game.

winstoneagle
July 7th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Georgia Tech or Clemson

grizbeer
July 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Boise State and Idaho are the obvious choices - especially if we are talking about hosting them - What I would really like to see is the Griz schedule Washington State for their annual game at Qwest Field in Seattle, especially if it was scheduled on labor day weekend. Montana fans would have a great turnout (probably more than 1/2 the crowd), a decent chance to beat an up and down Pac 10 team, and make a statement to the Seattle media about how good the Griz and I-AA football is.

ncbears
July 7th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I would love to see UNC play Wyoming. As current Cowboy head coach Joe Glenn lead UNC to back to back national d2 titles in '96 and '97. Talks are under way for a match up in Laramie. ;)

McNeeserocket
July 7th, 2005, 03:01 PM
I would like to see any/all of the following:

LSU - cuz they don't seem to mind scheduling out of state I-AAs but they won't be a good supporter of their sister in-state football teams

Wyoming - cuz they pitched such a fit about our logo and made us change ours (though the change is really much better than before).

Notre Dame - cuz I hate them. If Notre Dame was playing Satan I would have to pull for Satan (yes I mean that). I could die happy right then and there if McNeese ever beat Notre Dame at anything in sports, but especially football!

SoCon48
July 7th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Puzzled and entertained by the "Kings of the Coast" post. Can't figure who it represents as "Citadel being afraid to play us."
Who in the hell could Citadel be afraid to play since the Bulldogs have played at least one of the following teams EACH year since 1996:
Clemson, Delaware, G Tech, LSU, Maryland, Auburn, Duke, Vanderbilt, Florida, Air Force, and Miami. Not to mention having to face Georgia Southern, Furman, and Appalachian within the SoCon EVERY year.

That must be one monster of a team on the coast of North Carolina or South Carolina that Citadel is afraid of!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

charliej
July 7th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Penn State. Maybe a loss to a IAA would convince Joe to Retire. I agree with what Go Lehigh said,I think Nova would have hung with them the last few years as well

blukeys
July 7th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Penn State. Maybe a loss to a IAA would convince Joe to Retire. I agree with what Go Lehigh said,I think Nova would have hung with them the last few years as well
Ditto. I think UD could have beaten Penn State the last few years.

One thing we all have to realize is that no one would give either Nova, Lehigh, or UD credit for playing well in a win. The Penn State fans and media would simply state that PSU blew it and played poorly. The pressure on Joe would go up about 500%.

Obzerver
July 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM
We would love the chance to play Washington(we could have beat them last year and maybe this year) or Washington State but they will never play us due to recruiting(in the off chance we do beat them)...

LUHawker
July 7th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I'd like to see Lehigh play Rutgers. It was a traditional rival years ago and given the close proximity of the schools, I think it would generate some fan interest on both sides. If not Rutgers, how about Pitt - one could bill the game as the Steeltown Showdown (ok, former Steeltown).

catamount man
July 7th, 2005, 07:03 PM
North Carolina! Beating the tarholes at Chapel Hill would unleash Catamount nation into a frenzy that could only be rivaled by one having an unending threesome with Jessica Simpson and Pamela Anderson in broad daylight in Central Park. In others words, both events would equal PURE UNABASHED SIN FILLED FUN!!!!!!! HA!!! GO CATAMOUNTS!!! ;)

kats89
July 7th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Have you seen their division? Only tough win would be against UTEP. UH should have no problem with rest of C-USA division they are in. If they get to C-USA title game, anything can happen. Just ask Oklahoma...

UH is going down. We will be the ones to cost Briles his job this year.

If SMU could hang with TT last year then the Kats will hang too, at least for a little while!!

SMU is the next one on the radar screen next year.

eaglesrthe1
July 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM

HA! I could see some QB's, having to look over some linemen, making some passes to the wrong fellas in that game. Think the NCAA would make you fellas wear white headgear?

RadMann
July 7th, 2005, 08:17 PM
UD is not too big on playing I-As in general and I agree with those sentiments. Then again, if I had to rank them I'd say:

1) Maryland (pronounced "Muryln" by us natives) - UD is going to play the Terps in '08
2) Navy - Fun game all around although I'd like to see the Mids back in Newark
3) Penn State would be great but I can't see them ever playing a I-AA....

MR. CHICKEN
July 7th, 2005, 08:23 PM
LET'S GET IT ON WHIFF.........:nod:.....BUFFALO!.....:nod:........ ...........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
July 7th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I would love to see the Griz play Boise State. I think it would be a very competitive game.

49-10.......NOW DAT IS VERAH COMPETITIVE!...YA'LL ARE DREAMIN' GRIZZWALDS!.......xidiotx....................AWK!

TheBisonator
July 7th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I would personally love to see us play Wyoming. I bet we could bring over 5,000 fans to that game.

GreatAppSt
July 7th, 2005, 09:40 PM
LSU oh wait that game is on....uh ARMY!!

blackfordpu
July 7th, 2005, 11:14 PM
UH is going down. We will be the ones to cost Briles his job this year.

If SMU could hang with TT last year then the Kats will hang too, at least for a little while!!

SMU is the next one on the radar screen next year.

The Houston game will be great, I can not wait.

The Tech game will be fun as well. If the WR's step up we should do well. Our defense is in a good position to be one of the best in I-AA this year with all of the returning players. If they jump on the Red Raiders early it could get interesting.

SiouxFallsJack
July 8th, 2005, 12:44 AM
My choice would be Minnesota which I think will happen once we reach the scholarship max.

TXST_CAT
July 8th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Although I would like to see us playing the likes of UT
I wouldn't enjoy the score. On that note any one of the SBC teams for exposure. Given our performance against Baylor I think we can match up well (win) with most if not all the teams in that conference. Next I think games against SMU, Rice, and UH could do wonders for ticket sales and wins would boost recognition. Even if they aren't premier teams, wins vs. any Div I-A is good for support.

smarterray
July 8th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Cal or UCLA, because we're sister schools.

SoCon48
July 8th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Pamela Anderson? The frenzy would be trying to get the STD clinic in a hurry. She's been with 50 men and a dog. :eek: :eek:

saint0917
July 8th, 2005, 06:04 AM
UConn and B.C

bluehenbillk
July 8th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Penn State

Husky Alum
July 8th, 2005, 08:35 AM
1. Boston College (they won't play us anytime soon since we almost beat them the last time we played them).

2. UConn

3. Notre Dame - as a previous poster mentioned, if ND was playing the Al Qaeda All Stars, I may root for ND, but that may be the only case I'd root for ND.

4. Michigan

5. Tennessee

6. Any service academy

JaxSinfonian
July 8th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Troy State, if we could talk them into a home and home, to renew the Battle for the ol' School Bell.

A date with Auburn or UA-Tuscaloosa would be one of the biggest days in the history of JSU football.

Our game with UAB this year is a very good choice.

Go...gate
July 8th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Hell, I might even root for the Dallas Cowboys :eek: against those guys.

I-AA Fan
July 8th, 2005, 05:21 PM
If I may ... which USC? Judging by your locations, I would say S. Carolina. However, to most of the collegiate world (myself included) ... USC, or SC, is University of Southern California. I mean I live in Columbus, Ohio ... and OU here is Ohio University. Also, Miami is Miami of Ohio. However, to the rest of the collegiate world .. OU is Oklahoma & Miami is Miami of Florida.

MR. CHICKEN
July 8th, 2005, 09:17 PM
[email protected]!....:hyped:....BRAWK!

leatherneck177
July 8th, 2005, 09:53 PM
University of Illinois. Without a doubt. They duck everyone except for Illinois State.

Purple Knight
July 8th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Don't disagree. But USC ain't Florida :)

True, but by the time they scheduled us, they may be.

ngineer
July 8th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Penn State. I know they wouldn't play us, but it would be nice to let the 'Nits' try and get some respect back after their worst shellacking in history. Lehigh-106 Penn State-0 in 1889 :D :D

blukeys
July 8th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Penn State. I know they wouldn't play us, but it would be nice to let the 'Nits' try and get some respect back after their worst shellacking in history. Lehigh-106 Penn State-0 in 1889 :D :D
You guys would be a lot closer than that now. If you could get them at home I think you have a 40-60 chance of winning. :D :D :D ;)

mainejeff
July 8th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Maine already has 2 of my Top 10 on the docket with Nebraska in 2005 and Boston College in 2006, but the other 8 would be:

1. Notre Dame
2. Miami
3. UCLA
4. USC
5. UConn
6. Michigan
7. Penn State
8. San Diego State (selfish reasons ;) )

PapaBear
July 9th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Maine already has 2 of my Top 10 on the docket with Nebraska in 2005 and Boston College in 2006, but the other 8 would be:

1. Notre Dame
2. Miami
3. UCLA
4. USC
5. UConn
6. Michigan
7. Penn State
8. San Diego State (selfish reasons ;) )

I believe UConn is on the horizon, MJ. Not sure when or how definite, but 2007 at the earliest.

bonarae
July 9th, 2005, 07:06 AM
One list for all 8 schools:

1. Stanford
2. Duke
3. Vanderbilt
4. Virginia

Ronbo
July 9th, 2005, 08:03 AM

That will happen about 10 years after you go I-A chicken breath. Your dreamin' braaaaaaaawk!

blur2005
July 9th, 2005, 04:25 PM
I want JMU to play UVA, so I can see the game at Scott Stadium as a Cav sometimes over the next four years.

Proud Griz Man
July 9th, 2005, 05:57 PM

What are you smoking bird brain? Marshall travel to the Tub? :eek:

Hey, since we are dreaming, maybe the Oklahoma Sooners will travel to Missoula to play the Griz! ;) ;) ;) :D

GaSouthern
July 10th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Absolutely no doubt about this

GEORGIA TECH
there skurrrrd

Cat79
July 10th, 2005, 04:32 PM
1. Texas-They will never play us.

2. Houston-They have too much to lose, I am frankly surprised they scheduled Sam Houston.

3. Baylor-We played too close for their comfort last year. Their coach told our coach after the game that TxState won't get another game.

4. North Texas- They won't schedule us. They have too much to risk. They pounded on little Nichols State a couple of years ago.

5. Rice- After SWT(now Texas State) defeated Rice 31-6 in the late 80's. We will never see a game with Rice.

6 TCU, SMU

JMU Duke Dog
July 10th, 2005, 07:59 PM
I want JMU to play UVA, so I can see the game at Scott Stadium as a Cav sometimes over the next four years.

Realistically:
1. UVA
- Schools are less than an hour away from each other
- Would definitely sell out Scott Stadium in Charlottesville :D
- Have not played since 1983 :mad:
- JMU beat UVA in 1982 :nod:
- W&M is scheduled to play UVA twice sometime between 2008 and 2011 :mad:

Unrealistically:
2. Miami (FL) :cool:
- Personal selfish reasons
- Grew up as a Hurricane fan
- Love Miami and southern Florida