PDA

View Full Version : Article about QB switch at App and JMU

Appguy
December 16th, 2006, 04:47 PM
In the chattanooga paper today theres an article saying that Jerry Moore went to Mickey Matthews after their game and critiqued each others teams and Moore said "We both felt we needed new quarterbacks if we were going to win it all"

Interesting statement of no confidence being Rascatti is being talked about as possibly having pro potential right? Did JMU fans expect a possible QB switch or do you guys have a younger good QB in the waiting?

th0m
December 16th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Well I don't think any JMU fan will question Rascati's abilities. Justin is as good a QB as he can be in our system, which is a run-first offense, in which he has shown to be able to air it out when needed (which, granted, didn't happen very often) or scramble for a few yards, to big first down gains or TD's.

Landers has been the back-up QB to Rascati since he got to JMU, and will be a redshirt Junior next year. He has had some playing time, usually in garbage time. I don't remember the specifics of why Landers was put in at QB over Rascati in what was obviously (at least on our side) not garbage time. Landers is usually quoted as being the most athletic player on the team. How this translates to a QB (and one that plays 60 minutes for 11+ games) we do not know, but he had a couple of rushing TD's and showed that he is deserving to take over the spot. We have a couple of freshman QB's that were also highly touted, so maybe they will get to show their worth as well. And of course who knows what the upcoming recruiting class will bring.

We're not really 'in trouble' at the QB position, but all JMU fans know what kind of impact Rascati has had on the entire team in general.

Mr. C
December 16th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Don't believe what you read in that horrendous Mark Wiedmer column (he routinely does a terrible job). There were some bad factual errors in there and the ASU folks around the Marriott this morning were not happy with the column at all.

I guarantee you that Wiedmer got confused about the stuff of Matthews thinking he needed a QB change. There is NO WAY that happened. I have my doubts that Moore even said what Wiedmer quoted him saying in this column. Wiedmer was going around all week asking GOOFY questions about ASU going I-A and stuff like that. It was truly embarrassing.