PDA

View Full Version : FCS Kickoff Game: CSU @ NDSU

IBleedYellow
March 15th, 2016, 09:03 AM
https://twitter.com/csusports/status/709741354159644672

LET'S DO THIS BOYS!

http://gobison.com/news/2016/3/15/football-ndsu-to-open-season-on-espn-for-second-straight-year.aspx

Professor Chaos
March 15th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Odd that it is a 6:30PM CT kickoff. I wonder if there's going to be another FCS game scheduled for earlier in the day?

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 09:05 AM
So......they couldn't wait till a quarter after to announce? :D

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Odd that it is a 6:30PM CT kickoff. I wonder if there's going to be another FCS game scheduled for earlier in the day?

The banner says "college footballs first game", so if you go by that.....no.

gumby013
March 15th, 2016, 09:08 AM

I think there's the game in Australia that will happen before the FCS one too.

Professor Chaos
March 15th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Well, that's not accurate already because Hawaii and Cal are going to be playing on Friday night August 26th in Australia (where it will technically be Saturday 8/27 at game time).

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Of also note in the release....

NDSU also announced it has reached an agreement with Robert Morris University (Pa.) for a game in Fargo on Sept. 24, 2017. NDSU and Robert Morris have met twice previously with the Bison winning 43-17 in a 2010 FCS first round playoff game and 52-0 in the 2012 season opener.

Professor Chaos
March 15th, 2016, 09:30 AM
As far as the game itself he doesn't have the horses that NDSU has but Jamey Chadwell is one of the best coaches in the FCS. It'll be a great matchup of minds on the sidelines if nothing else.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 09:33 AM
As far as the game itself he doesn't have the horses that NDSU has but Jamey Chadwell is one of the best coaches in the FCS. It'll be a great matchup of minds on the sidelines if nothing else.

It will be nice to have a team that the Bison haven't played before. That said, this Bison team is going to pound CSU.

JSUSoutherner
March 15th, 2016, 09:37 AM
NDSU vs. Charleston SOUTHERN SPEED University? Interesting. :D

IBleedYellow
March 15th, 2016, 09:43 AM
You caught on quick around here.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
March 15th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Yeah. I am not one to think we'll piss pound them.

Then again. I have to fall back on my tried and true logic "First time in the Dome."

So I am conflicted.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Yeah. I am not one to think we'll piss pound them.

Then again. I have to fall back on my tried and true logic "First time in the Dome."

So I am conflicted.

2nd half is usually the other teams "waterloo" against the Bison. If it was a very good Valley team then I would agree but a first time team in the dome that has a small defense is not going to beat the Bison at home. We'll see.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 10:12 AM

Could've been Jacksonville SPEED University, but you guys turtled from the game......

JSUSoutherner
March 15th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Could've been Jacksonville SPEED University, but you guys turtled from the game......
That just sounds like we are all meth dealers.

gumby013
March 15th, 2016, 10:26 AM
That just sounds like we are all meth dealers.

http://i.imgur.com/2JAHY8n.jpg

JSUSoutherner
March 15th, 2016, 10:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2JAHY8n.jpg
This is seriously the best thing I've ever seen.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gumby013 again."

Hammerhead
March 15th, 2016, 10:54 AM
I'm looking forward to a quality FCS opponent from last season's playoffs and getting a 6th home game.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 15th, 2016, 11:14 AM
This is very cool.

NDSUtk
March 15th, 2016, 11:14 AM
That's going to be a ****show of a tailgate. August warmth, first weekend of college. Tailgate opens at noon instead of in the morning.

Then the game atmosphere. Home opener obviously Banner raising. A tribute to the late Scottie Miller. Primetime kick off with ESPN.

Hell, let's just make it the crème de la crème and have GameDay start a week early and show up for the game ;) it won't even interfere with tailgating!

I'm jacked for this game and this season. Love NDSU's schedule this year. Solid opponents out of conference, solid FBS opponent and then the MVFC grind.

Hope some Charleston Southern fans can make it up!

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 11:16 AM
This is very cool.

Ya comin'? :D

IBleedYellow
March 15th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Charleston Southern fans need to make it up here. It's going to be ON POINT.

Professor Chaos
March 15th, 2016, 12:21 PM
And CSU isn't even bringing their band I bet.... they got no shot!

Lehigh Football Nation
March 15th, 2016, 12:23 PM
That's pretty big that Colorado State is willing to travel to the FargoDome for a guaranteed loss. xlolx

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 12:25 PM
That's pretty big that Colorado State is willing to travel to the FargoDome for a guaranteed loss. xlolx

Wouldn't be the first time NDSU took Colorado State to the woodshed.....this time at home. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 12:40 PM
That's going to be a ****show of a tailgate. August warmth, first weekend of college. Tailgate opens at noon instead of in the morning.

Then the game atmosphere. Home opener obviously Banner raising. A tribute to the late Scottie Miller. Primetime kick off with ESPN.

Hell, let's just make it the crème de la crème and have GameDay start a week early and show up for the game ;) it won't even interfere with tailgating!

I'm jacked for this game and this season. Love NDSU's schedule this year. Solid opponents out of conference, solid FBS opponent and then the MVFC grind.

Hope some Charleston Southern fans can make it up!

Agree on all points.

Especially EWU coming in for a much needed beat down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Hats off to CSU for taking the game and coming to Fargo. The guy that works on the Bison FB schedule was just on a local radio station and he said he has heard the word NO from just about everyone. FBS teams do not want to schedule a cupcake like the Bison and he said almost everyone he called in the FCS said NO. CSU didn't say no right away and it turned into a game.

Big xthumbsupx to CSU!!

ursus arctos horribilis
March 15th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Ya comin'? :D

Probably not but I might look into it. Alf just bought a new Challenger so we'll see if he is gonna be in this area and wants to head that way but as you know, it's a long f'n drive.

IBleedYellow
March 15th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Probably not but I might look into it. Alf just bought a new Challenger so we'll see if he is gonna be in this area and wants to head that way but as you know, it's a long f'n drive.

That drive sucks.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 01:15 PM
That drive sucks.

Yeah....try doing it alone via Hwy 2 by way of such fine places like Wolf Point and such. :D

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Hats off to CSU for taking the game and coming to Fargo. The guy that works on the Bison FB schedule was just on a local radio station and he said he has heard the word NO from just about everyone. FBS teams do not want to schedule a cupcake like the Bison and he said almost everyone he called in the FCS said NO. CSU didn't say no right away and it turned into a game.

Big xthumbsupx to CSU!!

This. Kudos to them for having a pair and taking the game. xthumbsupx

344Johnson
March 15th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Yeah....try doing it alone via Hwy 2 by way of such fine places like Wolf Point and such. :D

Why on earth would you subject yourself to that?

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Why on earth would you subject yourself to that?

Know of a faster route to Missoula from Rugby? Its a longer drive to haul all the way down to I94.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER (https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER) 6m6 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/709832647770378240)
Charleston Southern is getting a $300K guarantee from NDSU to come to Fargo, with $200K of that coming from Western Carolina buyout.

Nice little check for Chuck South.

IBleedYellow
March 15th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Holy crap.

Can teams please do home and homes with us, please?

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Holy crap.

Can teams please do home and homes with us, please?

Not at the expense of a 6th home game...no way.

Southern Bison
March 15th, 2016, 03:53 PM
The 'NDSU Alumni & Fans - Carolinas' will host the tailgate if this turns in to a H&H. Carolina BBQ & moonshine!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

UNHWildcat18
March 15th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Well I'm happy for bison fans, going to be a great showcase game for them and the FCS. I wish the game had gone to UNI though.

kdinva
March 15th, 2016, 06:23 PM
The 'NDSU Alumni & Fans - Carolinas' will host the tailgate if this turns in to a H&H. Carolina BBQ & moonshine!!...

play that game @ Cam Newton/Panthers stadium?

Southern Bison
March 15th, 2016, 06:24 PM
play that game @ Cam Newton/Panthers stadium?
Hopefully that $300K will go for more stands at CSU!

CSU18
March 15th, 2016, 06:56 PM
I'm excited to see what the Bucs can do. Coach Chadwell has always said he likes to play against top tier teams - I'd say we got our wish with this one. The $$$ is going to be nice (although I'm sure it will be used to cover travel expenses), but what I like the most is the National attention this game brings CSU - especially if they have a good showing on the field.

Twentysix
March 15th, 2016, 07:27 PM
I'm excited to see what the Bucs can do. Coach Chadwell has always said he likes to play against top tier teams - I'd say we got our wish with this one. The $$$ is going to be nice (although I'm sure it will be used to cover travel expenses), but what I like the most is the National attention this game brings CSU - especially if they have a good showing on the field.

I think you will make off with more than 200k after travel expenses. 300k is more than 2/3rds of the travel budget for several MVFC football teams' entire seasons.

centennial
March 15th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Knowing the fans at Colorado State they would be whining hard if this happened.

Thumper 76
March 15th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Might have to go to this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Might have to go to this one

You're going to be a Bison fan in no time....xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
March 15th, 2016, 08:56 PM
You're going to be a Bison fan in no time....xthumbsupx

Oh don't worry I'll be in Jackrabbit gear for you guys 😄

Bisonoline
March 15th, 2016, 08:57 PM

We already beat them at their home. Dont think they want to try us in Fargo.

Bisonoline
March 15th, 2016, 08:58 PM
That drive sucks.

No it !#$%^&*(( sucks. Glad I could clear that up.

jsnow84
March 15th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Father forgive CSU, they don't know what they do.

ElCid
March 16th, 2016, 06:21 AM
2nd half is usually the other teams "waterloo" against the Bison. If it was a very good Valley team then I would agree but a first time team in the dome that has a small defense is not going to beat the Bison at home. We'll see.

I have to say it will be interesting. CSU has been a "second half team" many times in the last couple years. It will be a fun first game in any event. Is it August yet?

Southern Bison
March 16th, 2016, 06:58 AM
I have to say it will be interesting. CSU has been a "second half team" many times in the last couple years. It will be a fun first game in any event. Is it August yet?
Precisely ElCid...in the game I saw in person last year, CSU adjusted very well & began to control the trenches in the game against Coastal. They'll have a tough time being in the dome but it could help them if they need to return to Fargo in the playoffs.

344Johnson
March 16th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Know of a faster route to Missoula from Rugby? Its a longer drive to haul all the way down to I94.
I forget it isn't a 10 minute drive to hit interstate for some folks.

Maybe you could invest in a G6 or something? :) Would make all the road trips go a lot faster.

Winindy
March 16th, 2016, 10:30 AM

I think US-2 goes most of the way. Then it's US-87 to around Great Falls. It turns into 200 which pretty much goes to Missoula. It doesn't cut off much time though. Might cut off 20-30 minutes depending on the lead in your foot.

IBleedYellow
March 16th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Here is a clip from Jeremey Jorgenson when he was on the radio yesterday.

PodCast (http://www.740thefan.com/upload/JeremyJorgenson03152016.mp3)

Gives lots of props to Chadwell, and CSU as a program in general.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I think US-2 goes most of the way. Then it's US-87 to around Great Falls. It turns into 200 which pretty much goes to Missoula. It doesn't cut off much time though. Might cut off 20-30 minutes depending on the lead in your foot.

Missoula to Great Falls on 200 will probably eat up that 20 to 30 minutes. It's a great view drive once you get to Lincoln but it is windy and full of amimals to watch for.

BTW, if you are actually making that drive and not just google mapping then you should send a pm when you will be passing through so we can buy you a beer and a meal possibly.

No_Skill
March 16th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Missoula to Great Falls on 200 will probably eat up that 20 to 30 minutes. It's a great view drive once you get to Lincoln but it is windy and full of amimals to watch for.

BTW, if you are actually making that drive and not just google mapping then you should send a pm when you will be passing through so we can buy you a beer and a meal possibly.

I drove that route after midnight in the fall one year. I saw more deer on the trip than I have ever seen in my life. Death grip on the wheel and scanning the ditches the whole way. Not fun.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2016, 04:01 PM
I drove that route after midnight in the fall one year. I saw more deer on the trip than I have ever seen in my life. Death grip on the wheel and scanning the ditches the whole way. Not fun.

Yeah, it's real full of everything in that stretch and you better not be in a hurry due to the winding road and what amounts to highway hairpins. xlolx

You'll see Moose in that stretch as well and that makes the deer seem like nothing.

So how did you feel covering that pass at night? If you were white knuckling the rest I bet you bent the wheel when you hit that.

BisonFan02
March 16th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Yeah, it's real full of everything in that stretch and you better not be in a hurry due to the winding road and what amounts to highway hairpins. xlolx

You'll see Moose in that stretch as well and that makes the deer seem like nothing.

So how did you feel covering that pass at night? If you were white knuckling the rest I bet you bent the wheel when you hit that.

Hauling ass....chain smoking cigars. xlolx Unfortunately for my truck, I can still occasionally smell the smoke inside....and it is a reminder/stench of failure for my Bison that weekend.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Hauling ass....chain smoking cigars. xlolx Unfortunately for my truck, I can still occasionally smell the smoke inside....and it is a reminder/stench of failure for my Bison that weekend.

If you are still smoking cigars that might be what you are smelling in case you hadn't thought of that.

BisonFan02
March 16th, 2016, 04:22 PM
If you are still smoking cigars that might be what you are smelling in case you hadn't thought of that.

Naw...its only on occasion. I've only had 1 I think since that trip (on my porch when the fam was gone for the weekend). My wife isn't too fond of that vice. xthumbsupx

BucBisonAtLarge
March 16th, 2016, 04:40 PM
What? Someone else is playing Charleston Southern non-conference?

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2016, 04:49 PM
How many damn Bison they playing this year?

Thumper 76
March 16th, 2016, 10:26 PM
How many damn Bison they playing this year?

All of them xlolx

Professor Chaos
March 17th, 2016, 08:28 AM
They still need to schedule Howard...

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 27th, 2016, 10:30 AM
10 days and nothing on here....:)

I'll go out on a limb here and say the Bison win this by at least 3 TDs....xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 27th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Took a peek on the EWU fan board to see their reaction to this game on not EWU in it. Good laughs.

I guess NDSU was scared to play EWU right away and take a loss to start the season.

EWU in the FargoDome will be a blowout!

Libertine
March 28th, 2016, 07:54 AM
They still need to schedule Howard...

Hmm.... Both Howard and CSU have unfilled dates on 10/8 and neither has released their schedule yet.

veinup
March 30th, 2016, 04:54 PM
they cant keep getting away with it

ex189
May 24th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Any insight on what to do while in Fargo would be appreciated. Looking to come on Friday and leaving on Sunday.

IBleedYellow
May 24th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Any insight on what to do while in Fargo would be appreciated. Looking to come on Friday and leaving on Sunday.

What type of things do you want to do? Probably good chance you can hangout with BF02 and myself and quite a few others from the board if you're down.

Bisonator
May 24th, 2016, 11:20 AM

Plenty to do besides get drunk with us Bison Fans:

1. Check out the air museum
2. the zoo - it's small but kind of interesting
3. the Roger Maris museum in West Acres - again small but interesting if your a baseball fan
4. Scheels All Sports - kids like the Ferris Wheel lol
5. Take a tour of the Red River, I think they still have tours
6. Bonanzaville in West Fargo - this can take a good days worth to check out everything

IBleedYellow
May 24th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Food:

Wurst beer hall - just ask Ursus or Citdog what they think of Wurst.
Herd and Horns - awesome new bar in town that is run by NDSU football Alum. Lots of great food and brews.

I know there are more but I want to see your reply first.

F'N Hawks
May 24th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Plenty to do besides get drunk with us Bison Fans:

1. Check out the air museum
2. the zoo - it's small but kind of interesting
3. the Roger Maris museum in West Acres - again small but interesting if your a baseball fan
4. Scheels All Sports - kids like the Ferris Wheel lol
5. Take a tour of the Red River, I think they still have tours
6. Bonanzaville in West Fargo - this can take a good days worth to check out everything

They are coming from Charleston. The above list is not going to move the needle much.

Is eastern North Dakota that boring? Probably is, I guess.

Bisonator
May 24th, 2016, 12:01 PM
They are coming from Charleston. The above list is not going to move the needle much.

Thank you for your insite. xlolx

TheKingpin28
May 24th, 2016, 12:11 PM
There is plenty to do here. Just hit people up and try and get an itinerary going. Wurst is worth it all the time. I enjoy Blackbird and Rhombus Guys pizza. If you got kids, Thunder Road is a great place to take them for mini-golf, lazer tag, and go karts. If you are looking for a night life, downtown Fargo will be bumping hard that weekend since school is finally back in session and it is the first game of the year. If you need a breakfast place, hit up TnT diner in West Fargo. More suggestions are available, just need to know what you are going for.

ex189
May 24th, 2016, 12:53 PM
There is plenty to do here. Just hit people up and try and get an itinerary going. Wurst is worth it all the time. I enjoy Blackbird and Rhombus Guys pizza. If you got kids, Thunder Road is a great place to take them for mini-golf, lazer tag, and go karts. If you are looking for a night life, downtown Fargo will be bumping hard that weekend since school is finally back in session and it is the first game of the year. If you need a breakfast place, hit up TnT diner in West Fargo. More suggestions are available, just need to know what you are going for.

Still working on my travel plans right now but it will likely just be myself on this trip. I've heard great things about the hospitality of the Bison fans so I'm sure it will be entertaining for this CSU parent. Where would you suggest I look into accomodations? I'd like to be close but I will have a rental.

F'N Hawks
May 24th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Thank you for your insite. xlolx

Insite?

BisonTru
May 24th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Still working on my travel plans right now but it will likely just be myself on this trip. I've heard great things about the hospitality of the Bison fans so I'm sure it will be entertaining for this CSU parent. Where would you suggest I look into accomodations? I'd like to be close but I will have a rental.

There's a couple hotels right by the fargodome. You can walk to the tailgate from them. Closest would be the candle wood suites. It's tough to find a spot in the tailgate lot unless you want to camp out the night before. Like others have stated pm a few of the bison fans and I'm sure almost anyone with a reserved spot will accommodate. I'm sure if you let them know in advance they'll make sure your favorite beverage is in a one of their coolers.

TheKingpin28
May 24th, 2016, 01:56 PM
There's a couple hotels right by the fargodome. You can walk to the tailgate from them. Closest would be the candle wood suites. It's tough to find a spot in the tailgate lot unless you want to camp out the night before. Like others have stated pm a few of the bison fans and I'm sure almost anyone with a reserved spot will accommodate. I'm sure if you let them know in advance they'll make sure your favorite beverage is in a one of their coolers.

All of this

Yeah Candlewood can be hard to achieve. Days Inn is just across the road from the Fargodome. If you want "High End" check out the Radisson which is right downtown (about 1.5 miles from the dome) or the Ramada (which is by the mall so about 4 miles from the dome and about 3 miles from downtown). Just hit up the main squad of Bison fans on here and I am willing to bet they will be more than accommodating to help you out. I know when the Montana Crew came through, they had an entire group of guys go around and drink their way through Fargo.

BisonTru
May 24th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Looks like candle wood is booked out. Days inn still has rooms. I'd book sooner than later if you want to go that route.

Bisonator
May 24th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Insite?

Well you finally brought something to the table. Thanks for being that guy.

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic546814.jpg

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2016, 02:17 PM

Haha. Go **** yourself. There are plenty of things to hit up in Fargo. That being said, nothing would "move the needle" in comparison to Charleston outside of socializing with the locals and try to hit up a few things you can't do over on the east coast. I'm sure we could more than accomodate our guest(s) depending on their preferences.

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2016, 02:18 PM

TNT Diner is done I believe....really sad story.

F'N Hawks
May 24th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Haha. Go **** yourself. There are plenty of things to hit up in Fargo. That being said, nothing would "move the needle" in comparison to Charleston outside of socializing with the locals and try to hit up a few things you can't do over on the east coast. I'm sure we could more than accomodate our guest(s) depending on their preferences.

No, why don't you go **** yourself. Dip****. I didn't make the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you finally brought something to the table. Thanks for being that guy.

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic546814.jpg

You obviously haven't been paying attention lately. It's a common theme around here so I thought I would join in.

Ursus is a big "there vs. their" guy.

344Johnson
May 24th, 2016, 02:30 PM

Not much available in the way of sightseeing..you are correct. I'd probably try to go in with low expectations of entertainment outside of the football game.

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2016, 02:38 PM
No, why don't you go **** yourself. Dip****. I didn't make the list.

- - - Updated - - -

You obviously haven't been paying attention lately. It's a common theme around here so I thought I would join in.

Ursus is a big "there vs. their" guy.

Make me. (Nana nana boo boo, stick your head in doodoo). xlolx

FargoBison
May 24th, 2016, 02:38 PM

You could stay downtown(Radisson), it is a very short drive to campus and if you want to be around restaurants/nightlife that is the place to be. The hotels around the dome are a bit lacking when it comes to restaurants and nightlife unless you like Ursus's favorite spot BWW. The two nicer hotels by the dome(candlewood and homewood) also appear to be booked.

FargoBison
May 24th, 2016, 02:42 PM
The tailgating experience will more than make up for the lack of sight seeing opportunities. The weather will be beautiful as well, great time to visit Fargo.

IBleedYellow
May 24th, 2016, 02:43 PM
You could stay downtown(Radisson), it is a very short drive to campus and if you want to be around restaurants/nightlife that is the place to be. The hotels around the dome are a bit lacking when it comes to restaurants and nightlife unless you like Ursus's favorite spot BWW. The two nicer hotels by the dome(candlewood and homewood) also appear to be booked.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?

I can't wait for the wrath of Ursus to come down.

F'N Hawks
May 24th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Not much available in the way of sightseeing..you are correct. I'd probably try to go in with low expectations of entertainment outside of the football game.

Thank you. I live in eastern ND so I understand how it is. Just not a lot to do as far as entertainment or attractions go. Pretty much eating and drinking.

FargoBison
May 24th, 2016, 02:54 PM
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?

I can't wait for the wrath of Ursus to come down.

I had to do it. He'll probably be mad that I left out Applebees.

But seriously ex189, go to the Wurst Bier Hall, Blackbird, Rhombus guys, JL Beers, etc and not BWW or Applebees.

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Thank you. I live in eastern ND so I understand how it is. Just not a lot to do as far as entertainment or attractions go. Pretty much eating and drinking.

Welp, close the thread. Senor Sioux has spoken. xlolx

ex189
May 24th, 2016, 03:06 PM
The tailgating experience will more than make up for the lack of sight seeing opportunities. The weather will be beautiful as well, great time to visit Fargo.
Looking forward to the visit. I'm sure the Fargo hospitality will be awesome.

clenz
May 24th, 2016, 03:17 PM
As a German I demand the nazi references stop.

Greatly offends me.

UpstateBison
May 24th, 2016, 03:18 PM
I recommend Akvavit Ole's Lutefisk and Oyster Bar........ Charleston only has fresh seafood.xthumbsupx

AmsterBison
May 24th, 2016, 03:54 PM
As a German I demand the nazi references stop.

Greatly offends me.

Give us back our bikes then. - The Dutch

clenz
May 24th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Give us back our bikes then. - The Dutch
http://www.dutchdailynews.com/german-soldier-returns-dutch-bike/

TheKingpin28
May 24th, 2016, 05:38 PM
TNT Diner is done I believe....really sad story.

??? Where have I been then? That place was always a lock for taking friends and family to when they visited Fargo

POD Knows
May 24th, 2016, 07:13 PM
Looking forward to the visit. I'm sure the Fargo hospitality will be awesome.

Lunch at the Northern on University Ave. Be sure to hit the Empire Bar on Broadway at about midnight, that can be entertaining.

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2016, 07:16 PM
??? Where have I been then? That place was always a lock for taking friends and family to when they visited Fargo

http://www.wday.com/news/4012627-tnt-diner-close-its-doors-friday

Its a rough deal.....but yeah, it was one of my favorite places in town.

Looking at the end of the article, there is hope that it may stay open, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

POD Knows
May 24th, 2016, 07:28 PM
I have lived in ND and MN all my life, Fargo in the worst restaurant town for a decent sized city that I have ever been in. Nothing but chains but there are a few gems, Mezzaluna's downtown is an excellent place to eat, kind of high end but worth it. Somebody mentioned Blackbird, another great place on Broadway. I don't know what your financial situation is or if you are renting a car and are mobile but spend the money at stay at the Donaldson Hotel downtown. Very cool place and it also has a really good, but high end, restaurant and it is right in the middle of the action downtown.

The Boiler Room is kind of a cool place downtown, that have kind of an interesting deal for breakfast. If you go in there on Saturday morning, there will be quite a few Bison fans there. Also, thumbs up for the Wurst Bier Hall and Rhombus Guys.

The Spitfire Grill and Doolittles also have pretty good food and are out in the "burbs" of Fargo.

BTW, there was some outfit that rated Fargo as the least scenic city in the USA with a population of over 100,000, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2016, 07:36 PM
The small and the short of it....if you go to a chain restaurant...you are doing it wrong. xlolx

TheKingpin28
May 24th, 2016, 08:00 PM
http://www.wday.com/news/4012627-tnt-diner-close-its-doors-friday

Its a rough deal.....but yeah, it was one of my favorite places in town.

Looking at the end of the article, there is hope that it may stay open, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Oh my. How did I not hear about this? Wow, but yes I do hope that it would stay open

TheKingpin28
May 24th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Avoid all chain restaurants at all costs! They have plagued Fargo.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Ah, it feels so good to have worked with you Bison fans so hard and so long now about the promotion of chains as your places to go only to see what you have become.

Truly well formed adults that have culture and taste. I am so proud to see you fine young men step forward and own your place in life like this.

Except for that SOB FargoBison that is. He is a lost cause.:D

POD Knows
May 24th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Ah, it feels so good to have worked with you Bison fans so hard and so long now about the promotion of chains as your places to go only to see what you have become.

Truly well formed adults that have culture and taste. I am so proud to see you fine young men step forward and own your place in life like this.

Except for that SOB FargoBison that is. He is a lost cause.:D

Christ, you should go the Bisonville board, they were wetting themselves over a Sonic and some other piece of **** sandwich chain that was coming to town. Pathetic.

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Avoid all chain restaurants at all costs! They have plagued Fargo.

Fargo is a hub for a whole lot of "small town bumpkins". That isn't necessarily a slight to some peeps, but it is a different mindset and mentality. Where I work, I've witnessed people discussing food/restaurants in the "big city" like Famous Daves, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, etc. etc. Its a tragic conversation to overhear until you realize that is an event for some folks... xsmhx

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Christ, you should go the Bisonville board, they were wetting themselves over a Sonic and some other piece of **** sandwich chain that was coming to town. Pathetic.

We are talking about a town that had a line for a Chipolte when it opened and had even a morsel of excitement for a Popeyes... xlolx

You take the good with the bad... xthumbsupx

POD Knows
May 24th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Fargo is a hub for a whole lot of "small town bumpkins". That isn't necessarily a slight to some peeps, but it is a different mindset and mentality. Where I work, I've witnessed people discussing food/restaurants in the "big city" like Famous Daves, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, etc. etc. Its a tragic conversation to overhear until you realize that is an event for some folks... xsmhx

Useless rubes, but your description is balls on. They think that Red Lobster is actually a high end seafood place.

F'N Hawks
May 24th, 2016, 08:36 PM

Sonic is bad. I usually don't discriminate when it comes to fast food but that place is extremely average, at best.

BisonFan02
May 24th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Sonic is bad. I usually don't discriminate when it comes to fast food but that place is extremely average, at best.

I agree....and that is really saying something considering fast food/its competition.

BisonTru
May 24th, 2016, 08:38 PM
Sonic is bad. I usually don't discriminate when it comes to fast food but that place is extremely bad, at best.

FYP

POD Knows
May 24th, 2016, 08:48 PM

Second worst meal in my entire live was at a Sonic, the worst meal ever, was at a Waffle House in Dallas, TX. I was epically bad, I ordered bacon, toast, eggs and hash browns and they served to me at different times, all undercooked. If they open one of those places in Fargo, I am going to burn that ****er to the ground.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2016, 08:55 PM

As long as we do our duty and completely eviscerate anyone suggesting fast food joints/bars as the place to meet I feel we are doing well in serving humanity. We should never take our foots of the throats of those sorts of peoples.

POD Knows
May 24th, 2016, 09:01 PM
As long as we do our duty and completely eviscerate anyone suggesting fast food joints/bars as the place to meet I feel we are doing well in serving humanity. We should never take our foots of the throats of those sorts of peoples.

Your statement could actually be the mission statement for this site. I salute you and your dedication to the cause.

344Johnson
May 24th, 2016, 09:48 PM
I have lived in ND and MN all my life, Fargo in the worst restaurant town for a decent sized city that I have ever been in. Nothing but chains but there are a few gems, Mezzaluna's downtown is an excellent place to eat, kind of high end but worth it. Somebody mentioned Blackbird, another great place on Broadway. I don't know what your financial situation is or if you are renting a car and are mobile but spend the money at stay at the Donaldson Hotel downtown. Very cool place and it also has a really good, but high end, restaurant and it is right in the middle of the action downtown.

The Boiler Room is kind of a cool place downtown, that have kind of an interesting deal for breakfast. If you go in there on Saturday morning, there will be quite a few Bison fans there. Also, thumbs up for the Wurst Bier Hall and Rhombus Guys.

The Spitfire Grill and Doolittles also have pretty good food and are out in the "burbs" of Fargo.

BTW, there was some outfit that rated Fargo as the least scenic city in the USA with a population of over 100,000, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

I haven't been to every city with at least 100K, but that seems understandable. Not much to look at.

clenz
May 24th, 2016, 10:44 PM
This one time, I went to Fargo, I thought I saw a hill. It wasn't a hill. It was a mirage.

For real, the first time I went to Fargo was a business trip. I got into town late-I'm talking roll into the hotel about midnight. Even with it being that dark out as I was driving through that part of Minnesota and into North Dakota I could tell how flat it was from my car. I remember talking to my wife on while on the road and going "if I don't make it home it's because some wrong turn type **** happens up here. It's pitch black except the moon light and I can just sense how flat it is. The goons must use the extreme flatness to desensitize you, like the inbreds in wrong turn used twisty back roads"

She thought I was kidding, until a few years later when she went up to Fargo with me.

Twentysix
May 24th, 2016, 10:46 PM
This one time, I went to Fargo, I thought I saw a hill. It wasn't a hill. It was a mirage.

For real, the first time I went to Fargo was a business trip. I got into town late-I'm talking roll into the hotel about midnight. Even with it being that dark out as I was driving through that part of Minnesota and into North Dakota I could tell how flat it was from my car. I remember talking to my wife on while on the road and going "if I don't make it home it's because some wrong turn type **** happens up here. It's pitch black except the moon light and I can just sense how flat it is. The goons must use the extreme flatness to desensitize you, like the inbreds in wrong turn used twisty back roads"

She thought I was kidding, until a few years later when she went up to Fargo with me.

There is one hill in Fargo, it's artificial.

Twentysix
May 24th, 2016, 10:47 PM
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/4412504.jpg

No joke.

Twentysix
May 24th, 2016, 10:49 PM
I'm from here: http://www.legendsofamerica.com/photos-northdakota/SunsetOnBadlands.jpg

So Fargo was pretty weird for me right away too.

TheKingpin28
May 25th, 2016, 02:26 AM
It is bad when you hear people from snack towns that think Applebee's is considered fine dining. A party of me dies on the inside considering I'm from the Southwest suburbs of Minneapolis and I think of what I was growing up on and then going to Fargo 6 years ago and seeing the selection had me like 😞😞😞

- - - Updated - - -

*small towns

Twentysix
May 25th, 2016, 02:32 AM
It is bad when you hear people from snack towns that think Applebee's is considered fine dining. A party of me dies on the inside considering I'm from the Southwest suburbs of Minneapolis and I think of what I was growing up on and then going to Fargo 6 years ago and seeing the selection had me like 

- - - Updated - - -

*small towns

Ah yes, Minneapolis. The eclectic dining center of the universe. xrotatehx

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 07:08 AM

AmsterBison
May 25th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Note: Despite the name, Mezzaluna in Fargo serves contemporary American style food, not Italian.

The one type of chain I'd welcome to Fargo is a high-end steak place (e.g. Palm, Morton's, Ruth Chris etc.) Not asking for much - just one. :)

Daytripper
May 25th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Note: Despite the name, Mezzaluna in Fargo serves contemporary American style food, not Italian.

The one type of chain I'd welcome to Fargo is a high-end steak place (e.g. Palm, Morton's, Ruth Chris etc.) Not asking for much - just one. :)

Sizzler?

F'N Hawks
May 25th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Fargo needs another "Texas" themed steak house, that would be swell. xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
May 25th, 2016, 08:22 AM
How bout a Rudys bar b que? That would be pretty awesome

BISON Thunder
May 25th, 2016, 08:45 AM

Yes...but if you enjoy watching your dog run away for an entire day, this is the place!

IBleedYellow
May 25th, 2016, 09:14 AM

Oh my God.

Yes x1000

dewey
May 25th, 2016, 10:39 AM

We ate at the Rudy's BBQ adjacent to Toyota Stadium the first 4 years after NDSU won the title and it was very good. However this year we tried Hutchins BBQ off of Preston Road and Main Street in McKinney (straight East of stadium). OH MY GOD that was delicious. We will be going there every time we go down there from now on.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Yes...but if you enjoy watching your dog run away for an entire day, this is the place!

I was gonna make a joke along that line. xlolx

I was trying to craft a "Driving to Fargo is odd because we could see it from Eastern Montana but still had to drive another 6 hrs. to reach it."

Yours was much better.xthumbsupx

thebootfitter
May 25th, 2016, 01:18 PM
That's a good one!

My favorite go-to line has always been, "You can stand on a beer can and see for ten miles."

IBleedYellow
May 25th, 2016, 04:42 PM
In North Dakota there is a beautiful girl behind every tree.

Oh wait...that doesn't work in this context.

clenz
May 25th, 2016, 04:43 PM
In North Dakota there is a beautiful girl behind every tree.

Oh wait...that doesn't work in this context.
Most North Dakota girls don't......

Nope...not going to make that joke.

Going to be tactful for once.

IBleedYellow
May 25th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Most North Dakota girls don't......

Nope...not going to make that joke.

Going to be tactful for once.

Don't fit behind the tree?

Too bad, there aren't trees anyway. xwhistlex

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Second worst meal in my entire live was at a Sonic, the worst meal ever, was at a Waffle House in Dallas, TX. I was epically bad, I ordered bacon, toast, eggs and hash browns and they served to me at different times, all undercooked. If they open one of those places in Fargo, I am going to burn that ****er to the ground.

I haven't had any meal from the Sonic in Fargo but down in TX, I like the burgers there. Double with mayo is pretty darn good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2016, 05:36 PM

You think it is "pitch black" in Fargo? Try western ND where I grew up. Many midnight trips of "suicide running" thru CRP fields with our trucks/4 wheelers with no lights on.......I'm surprised I didn't kill myself....xeyebrowx

BisonFan02
May 25th, 2016, 05:53 PM
You think it is "pitch black" in Fargo? Try western ND where I grew up. Many midnight trips of "suicide running" thru CRP fields with our trucks/4 wheelers with no lights on.......I'm surprised I didn't kill myself....xeyebrowx

This....we used to hit up a local salvage yard with a few bucks in our pockets, some "encouragement" tools (a battery, some fluids, ether...etc), and we would drive off with some beater. We ended up with a chevette one time that we proceeded to jump ditches and beat the living crap out of it in CRP/pastures until it bit the dust. We would then fill it up with junk and take it across town and sell it back to a different salvage yard for almost the same money. xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 25th, 2016, 06:00 PM
This....we used to hit up a local salvage yard with a few bucks in our pockets, some "encouragement" tools (a battery, some fluids, ether...etc), and we would drive off with some beater. We ended up with a chevette one time that we proceeded to jump ditches and beat the living crap out of it in CRP/pastures until it bit the dust. We would then fill it up with junk and take it across town and sell it back to a different salvage yard for almost the same money. xthumbsupx

This is how "stupid" I was....xrolleyesx.......still am I guessxthumbsupx

I don't know how many times I almost flew out the window of the truck and just laughed my ass off and kept going. Funny I didn't break my neck when my head hit the ceiling of the truck....:)

One time we beat this pickup so bad that the battery was completely gone and we were sitting in a field laughing....and the radio still worked. I don't know how it was working w/o a battery connected but it was....no ****!.....xlolx

Demo derby stories.....xnodx

I could go on forever. ND kids....crazy ass bunch....xthumbsupxxlolx

You are younger than me but from the same mold.....xthumbsupxxbowxxnodx

IBleedYellow
May 26th, 2016, 09:36 AM
This is how "stupid" I was....xrolleyesx.......still am I guessxthumbsupx

I don't know how many times I almost flew out the window of the truck and just laughed my ass off and kept going. Funny I didn't break my neck when my head hit the ceiling of the truck....:)

One time we beat this pickup so bad that the battery was completely gone and we were sitting in a field laughing....and the radio still worked. I don't know how it was working w/o a battery connected but it was....no ****!.....xlolx

Demo derby stories.....xnodx

I could go on forever. ND kids....crazy ass bunch....xthumbsupxxlolx

You are younger than me but from the same mold.....xthumbsupxxbowxxnodx

How about hunting coons @ 3 in the morning and almost getting your hand shot off from a shotgun because you were the one in the front seat holding the spotlight so your cousin could shoot out of the bed of the pickup? xpeacex

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 10:33 AM
Fargo needs another "Texas" themed steak house, that would be swell. xrolleyesx

Yea, what is there, like 4 Texas themed steak houses in Fargo, it is pathetic.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 26th, 2016, 06:56 PM
How about hunting coons @ 3 in the morning and almost getting your hand shot off from a shotgun because you were the one in the front seat holding the spotlight so your cousin could shoot out of the bed of the pickup? xpeacex

you would have fit right in....xlolxxthumbsupxxnodx

Bisonoline
May 26th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Yea, what is there, like 4 Texas themed steak houses in Fargo, it is pathetic.

Theres Longhorn, Lonestar and Tx roadhouse. Did they open a another one since last year?

POD Knows
May 26th, 2016, 09:57 PM
Theres Longhorn, Lonestar and Tx roadhouse. Did they open a another one since last year?

I counted Porter Creek but that might not really be a "Texas" Steakhouse.

Bisonoline
May 26th, 2016, 10:21 PM
I counted Porter Creek but that might not really be a "Texas" Steakhouse.

Theyre based out of the cities. Food is ok kind of like Doolittles. Oh wait the same company owns both. LOLxnodx

Twentysix
May 26th, 2016, 11:03 PM
Theyre based out of the cities. Food is ok kind of like Doolittles. Oh wait the same company owns both. LOLxnodx

Doolittles has great chicken. If you are getting steak there you are doing it wrong.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 29th, 2016, 06:43 AM

Ribeye's at TX Roudhouse are good.

Although, the best steaks I like are the local beef I get from my buddy and grill it with mushrooms!!xthumbsupx

jsnow84
May 29th, 2016, 02:21 PM
CSU is going to get their butt kicked.

dgtw
May 30th, 2016, 07:55 AM

Who cares? I travel to road games to watch my team play. If I am planning a family vacation I will look into what there is to do then.

Bisonoline
May 30th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Who cares? I travel to road games to watch my team play. If I am planning a family vacation I will look into what there is to do then.

Im pretty much the same way. But good restaurants are always a plus.xnodx

344Johnson
May 31st, 2016, 01:59 PM

When we go places for games, we don't usually do much either other than when we've been in Dallas. Some people do. Hence, the discussion on the thread.

I'd also prefer people be pleasantly surprised by their experience on the Great Plains than get their hopes up and be disappointed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 31st, 2016, 05:23 PM
Not to early to throw out a score prediction:

Bison 38-9

clenz
June 9th, 2016, 11:52 AM

Bison 38-9
Sounds about right.

Thumper 76
June 9th, 2016, 12:30 PM

Bison 38-9

I'd guess somewhere around there. But I also wouldn't look at it as the best barometer for how good CSU is when you factor in the first time in the dome thing. Although I'm certain we (MVFC fans) will do so come playoff selection discussion. I would love for it to be a good game though. Would be a better look for FCS as a whole nationally.

caribbeanhen
June 10th, 2016, 11:35 PM
I always pull for the FCS team in these games so let's go Cha So

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 11th, 2016, 06:32 AM
I'd guess somewhere around there. But I also wouldn't look at it as the best barometer for how good CSU is when you factor in the first time in the dome thing. Although I'm certain we (MVFC fans) will do so come playoff selection discussion. I would love for it to be a good game though. Would be a better look for FCS as a whole nationally.

For a national audience, ya, a good game would be nice. But watching them a few games last year, their style of play, esp on defense does not match up against the Bison...nor UNI or SDSU for that matter. They have a finesse defense and IMO, they will get run out of the dome. I could be wrong but I suspect a lopsided win for the Bison.

Bisonator
June 11th, 2016, 06:49 PM
For a national audience, ya, a good game would be nice. But watching them a few games last year, their style of play, esp on defense does not match up against the Bison...nor UNI or SDSU for that matter. They have a finesse defense and IMO, they will get run out of the dome. I could be wrong but I suspect a lopsided win for the Bison.
They will need to sustain drives on offense or it'll get ugly in a hurry.

saxbison
June 11th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Win lose or draw, Jamey Chadwell is a class act, and I hope he would be on the short list should Klieman leave.

Southern Bison
June 11th, 2016, 08:30 PM
I watched them in person beat Coastal soundly last Halloween in Charleston...The Bucs D handled Coastal's run & gun offense bending but not breaking while the strong running attack of CSU wore down the so-so defense of the Chants.

While I don't foresee a game like last year's Bison/Griz opener, it will be a good game for 2-1/2 quarters with CSU hanging in there within striking distance (with the help of some lucky bounces) before the size & strength of the Bison finish them off in the 4th.

Prediction: 41-17 Bison

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 11th, 2016, 08:35 PM
TNT Diner reopens June 20th under new ownership.

TheKingpin28
June 11th, 2016, 08:48 PM

I hope this is true, and if so, it needs to have the same food. I have seen it before where ownership changes staff and food quality goes down. I hope this is not the case.

Bisonoline
June 11th, 2016, 08:56 PM

Thursday special---swedish meatballs. Killer.

BisonFan02
June 11th, 2016, 09:17 PM
I hope this is true, and if so, it needs to have the same food. I have seen it before where ownership changes staff and food quality goes down. I hope this is not the case.

I know of at least one of their staff will still be there (went to HS with him and friends on facebook). I'll have to ask him about the food/menu/business.

TheKingpin28
June 11th, 2016, 10:43 PM
I know of at least one of their staff will still be there (went to HS with him and friends on facebook). I'll have to ask him about the food/menu/business.

I just would be heartbroken if one of the best breakfast/restaurants in the FM metro area declined in their entrees after new management.

SUPharmacist
June 12th, 2016, 12:07 AM
Win lose or draw, Jamey Chadwell is a class act, and I hope he would be on the short list should Klieman leave.

Does anyone else always think of 'The League' when someone is described as a class act?

BisonTru
June 12th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Does anyone else always think of 'The League' when someone is described as a class act?

Ruxin is a class act. 😎

Love that show.

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 12th, 2016, 10:13 PM

http://www.inforum.com/news/4051526-former-owners-treetop-lounge-moorhead-reopen-tnts-diner-under-new-name

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 12th, 2016, 10:15 PM
CSU fans looking for Hotels. There is a new one on 12th ave N and I29. I can't remember the name(maybe someone else here can help). It would be close to the airport and the Fargodome.

gumby013
June 13th, 2016, 08:19 AM

I just hope they expand their hours.

POD Knows
June 13th, 2016, 08:51 AM
http://www.inforum.com/news/4051526-former-owners-treetop-lounge-moorhead-reopen-tnts-diner-under-new-name

I used to eat at the Tree Top all the time back in the day when it was good, Mabel Murphy's used to good as well, I hope they can keep this place cranking. I bet I have eaten at the TNT over 300 times in my life.

Trumpster
June 14th, 2016, 01:13 PM
CSU fans looking for Hotels. There is a new one on 12th ave N and I29. I can't remember the name(maybe someone else here can help). It would be close to the airport and the Fargodome.

That would be Super 8. It's close-ish, but it is a normal, kinda crappy, Super 8. If you're looking for close there's a couple hotels within walking distance that might be booked full already: Day's Inn, Homewood Suites, and Candlewood Suites. Everyone would probably recommend trying the Hotel Donaldson or the Radisson downtown, but they are likely full by now as well.

Milkman
June 14th, 2016, 03:06 PM
That would be Super 8. It's close-ish, but it is a normal, kinda crappy, Super 8. If you're looking for close there's a couple hotels within walking distance that might be booked full already: Day's Inn, Homewood Suites, and Candlewood Suites. Everyone would probably recommend trying the Hotel Donaldson or the Radisson downtown, but they are likely full by now as well. Wrong side of I29. On the east side is a brand new hotel, WoodSpring Suites. Don't know anything about it though.

edit - Looks like its an extended stay hotel. Pretty bare bones accommodations judging from the pictures.

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 14th, 2016, 04:16 PM
That would be Super 8. It's close-ish, but it is a normal, kinda crappy, Super 8. If you're looking for close there's a couple hotels within walking distance that might be booked full already: Day's Inn, Homewood Suites, and Candlewood Suites. Everyone would probably recommend trying the Hotel Donaldson or the Radisson downtown, but they are likely full by now as well.
NOT super8. New motel on east side of I29 by the travel center and Walwork. Brand new hotel.

Bisonoline
June 14th, 2016, 04:22 PM
NOT super8. New motel on east side of I29 by the travel center and Walwork. Brand new hotel.

Element??????

WTFCollegefootballfan
June 14th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Milkman has it. Woodspring suites. Thanks Milkman.

BisonFan02
June 14th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Be sure to check out the IBY BnB too. :D xlolx

IBleedYellow
June 14th, 2016, 09:45 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

xlolx

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
June 14th, 2016, 09:59 PM
I don't know what you're talking about.

xlolx

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Don't ya? :D

Twentysix
June 16th, 2016, 12:08 AM

Doesn't Hotel Donaldson have like 3 rooms? It's not reallllly a hotel, its more of a swanky bar with a couple rooms, no?

Bisonator
June 16th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Doesn't Hotel Donaldson have like 3 rooms? It's not reallllly a hotel, its more of a swanky bar with a couple rooms, no?

17 suites I believe.

AmsterBison
June 16th, 2016, 07:32 PM
17 suites I believe.

Good call. The link below shows a preview of each room but it doesn't really do them justice.

http://www.hoteldonaldson.com/rooms/

Thumper 76
June 16th, 2016, 08:06 PM

Wait, this is a thing?

BisonFan02
June 16th, 2016, 08:38 PM
Wait, this is a thing?

I'm saying it is.... xlolx xthumbsupx

Twentysix
June 16th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Wow when we looked into staying there a few years ago they only had like 3 or 4 rooms and they were like $200 a night. I wonder what changed.

Twentysix
June 16th, 2016, 09:03 PM
It is definetly a cool option if you want to lay down some cash in fm. You can also bid on a 3 star for like $40/night.

AmsterBison
June 17th, 2016, 07:34 AM
Wow when we looked into staying there a few years ago they only had like 3 or 4 rooms and they were like $200 a night. I wonder what changed.

All their other rooms had probably been booked rooms months in advance, but, yeah, $200 is a lot for Fargo. And it depends on what you were looking for... most of their rooms have a single king-sized bed.

Hammersmith
June 17th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Good call. The link below shows a preview of each room but it doesn't really do them justice.

http://www.hoteldonaldson.com/rooms/

I want the Big Dog Suite(#10). Third floor, full width of the building facing Broadway. 1000sqft with 15'(approx.) ceilings.