PDA

View Full Version : Who was Appalachian's MVP?

BrevardMountaineer03
December 16th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Discuss...

BrevardMountaineer03
December 16th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Was the O-Line opening enough holes....Was it Richardson....Did the Secondary shut down UMass's wide outs...Did Edwards play phenomanally...Did the D-Line stop Baylark....
Which of these is the reason for ASU's back-to-back titles?

HLecter
December 16th, 2006, 09:05 AM
The O LINE was tremendous, I've watched the YSU/APP replay 5 times and thought that was the most impressive OL performance I had seen in a long time.

Well they played BETTER last night.

Well Done:thumbsup:

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Edwards by far.

AppStateSVX
December 16th, 2006, 09:25 AM
I think the O line stepped up in the 2nd half, but Armanti played pure amazing last night, he saved the momentum several times last night when it looked like the UMass defense was going to take over.

UMass922
December 16th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Was the O-Line opening enough holes....Was it Richardson....Did the Secondary shut down UMass's wide outs...Did Edwards play phenomanally...Did the D-Line stop Baylark....
Which of these is the reason for ASU's back-to-back titles?

It was all of the above. I was boring and predictable and voted for the guy who scored the touchdowns, but it was of course a total team effort. Everyone for ASU on both sides of the ball played like a champion.

UMass922
December 16th, 2006, 09:31 AM
I think the O line stepped up in the 2nd half, but Armanti played pure amazing last night, he saved the momentum several times last night when it looked like the UMass defense was going to take over.

He was amazing. We clearly had no answer for him. He made our defense look very, very average (if even that).

UMass922
December 16th, 2006, 09:40 AM
What impressed me so much about ASU is how many yards they got before first contact (the yards after first contact were important too, of course). It was not only the great blocking by the offensive line and the wide receivers, but also just the speed and precision in general with which they run that offense. I guess those things go hand in hand. Throw in the fact that they were mistake-free--no turnovers and few penalties--and they were unstoppable when they needed to be. Looking back, I don't know how it is that they had only 14 points through three quarters, and only 21 until very late in the game.

BrevardMountaineer03
December 16th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Individual awards would go to Kevin Richardson, but since I included the O-Line, I feel they deserve it, they normally don't get that much glory, but we heard all week about UMass's Defense and the blitz, our guys handled it and opened nice holes.

GGASU
December 16th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Throw in the fact that they were mistake-free--no turnovers and few penalties.

The only two mistakes I saw Edwards have were in the 3rd quarter on back to back plays. He missed a wide open receiver in the endzone, and then forced a pass on the next play that was intercepted.

AppGuy04
December 16th, 2006, 08:50 PM
The entire running game, Armanti, KRich and the OLine

th0m
December 16th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Gotta go with the O-line. While you obviously need individual playmakers, you also need those guys to create holes to run through!

lizrdgizrd
December 16th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I had to go with the O-line. Richardson and Edwards are great runners, but the O-line gives them the room to run. Great job!