PDA

View Full Version : Scheel's Bison Trophy Tour changed

Laker
March 2nd, 2016, 04:27 PM
I just read this in the Sioux Falls Argus-Leader. Sounds like Scheel's was going to have a tour of the five NDSU football trophies at several of their stores. Didn't see a stop in Mankato on the schedule........but they won't be going to Sioux Falls because of complaints.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/columnists/stu-whitney/2016/03/02/whitney-bison-trophy-visit-sparks-outrage/81220660/?platform=hootsuite

BisonBacker
March 2nd, 2016, 04:32 PM
I just read this in the Sioux Falls Argus-Leader. Sounds like Scheel's was going to have a tour of the five NDSU football trophies at several of their stores. Didn't see a stop in Mankato on the schedule........but they won't be going to Sioux Falls because of complaints.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/columnists/stu-whitney/2016/03/02/whitney-bison-trophy-visit-sparks-outrage/81220660/?platform=hootsuite

You need to explain a few things to those who aren't familiar with Scheels.

Scheels is based out of Fargo ND. They are a big supporter of NDSU and they do make a lot from sales of NDSU gear in North Dakota. They have stores in ND, SD, MN,AZ. and most likely other states possibly IA. Not sure just how spread out they are but anyway they are regional to say the least.

Another thing to note is that Sioux Falls is not home to either of the State Schools in SD. With that being said the tournament they are so wound up about isn't their tournament it's the Summit Leagues. NDSU is also in the Summit.

Sorry but for the yote and rabbit fans (probably mostly rabbit fans) this is pretty ridiculous. But hey I guess you lost your chance to at least see what a Championship trophy looks like since you likely won't ever see one for your team xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
March 2nd, 2016, 04:42 PM

http://49.media.tumblr.com/0129573eebd4e25aa190948a1060eb0c/tumblr_nq0tbyOjv81r2ckpzo1_400.gif

clenz
March 2nd, 2016, 04:49 PM
Another thing to note is that Sioux Falls is not home to either of the State Schools in SD. With that being said the tournament they are so wound up about isn't their tournament it's the Summit Leagues. NDSU is also in the Summit.
Football has nothing to do with the Summit....

BisonFan02
March 2nd, 2016, 04:53 PM

Agree.....from the article.

To bring the championship trinkets into Sioux Falls – less than an hour from Brookings – during the Summit League basketball tournament seemed either provocative or naïve, and outrage soon followed.
“My first reaction was shock, then anger,” says Paul Rystrom, a former SDSU football player who works in sales in Brookings. “It seemed like salt in an open wound.”

344Johnson
March 2nd, 2016, 04:54 PM

Sending the trophies to Sioux Falls seems pointless and honestly, only intended to irritate the locals. Hey South Dakotans! Come see the NORTH Dakota State University football trophies!

BisonBacker
March 2nd, 2016, 04:55 PM

Never said it did but they mentioned the summit tourney.

BisonFan02
March 2nd, 2016, 04:56 PM
Another thing....

“People were fired up,” says Barry Nagel of Sioux Falls, a former Washington High standout who played football at SDSU. “I figured that maybe it happened out of ignorance, because I’m guessing they wouldn’t want any of our basketball trophies displayed in Fargo. It just didn’t seem like good business

Basketball trophies? xlolx Anyone wanna take a quick trophy count? :D

Laker
March 2nd, 2016, 05:25 PM
http://cdn-us-ec.yottaa.net/520a416a3c881617d0000082/www.scheels.com/v~11.458/wcsstore/ScheelsStorefrontAssetStore//images/scheels/stores/LocationsMap.png?yocs=1l_1n_1o_&yoloc=us

Scheel's locations. I've been to 15 of them.

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2016, 05:29 PM
http://cdn-us-ec.yottaa.net/520a416a3c881617d0000082/www.scheels.com/v~11.458/wcsstore/ScheelsStorefrontAssetStore//images/scheels/stores/LocationsMap.png?yocs=1l_1n_1o_&yoloc=us

The Coralville one might be the biggest one I've been to. I think it's bigger than Fargo.

clenz
March 2nd, 2016, 05:35 PM
The Coralville one might be the biggest one I've been to. I think it's bigger than Fargo.

Fargo is nearly twice the size of Coralville.

NDSU1980
March 2nd, 2016, 05:45 PM
SDSU bunnies=Whiners. I can see why my wife (who went there) wants nothing to do with the place.

Bisonator
March 2nd, 2016, 05:56 PM
Would a been a great opportunity for wabbit and yotes fans to see what these look like up close, they may never get that chance.xlolx

Kemo
March 2nd, 2016, 06:14 PM
SDSU bunnies=Whiners. I can see why my wife (who went there) wants nothing to do with the place.

You're right, Bison fans save their tears for important things: Like when an internet wanna-be scout doesn't think their QB is the greatest thing since sliced bread. xbawlingx

TheRevSFA
March 2nd, 2016, 07:05 PM
You're right, Bison fans save their tears for important things: Like when an internet wanna-be scout doesn't think their QB is the greatest thing since sliced bread. xbawlingx

Game. Blouses.

IBleedYellow
March 2nd, 2016, 07:21 PM
Game. Blouses.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160303/4a967f536728360712ff861f9705d0e6.jpg

Trump card(s).

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 2nd, 2016, 07:27 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

xnodxxlolxxnodx

Hey bunny and coyote fans....get a good look. You'll have a hard time seeing one again!!

gumby013
March 2nd, 2016, 07:38 PM
Need to get them down to Omaha to get the Nebraska pipeline re-primed.

Kemo
March 2nd, 2016, 07:41 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160303/4a967f536728360712ff861f9705d0e6.jpg

Trump card(s).

Apparently those cards can't be played in Sioux Falls...

Scheels' rules, not minexpeacex

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2016, 08:01 PM
Didnt feel like it when I'd go there.

Thumper 76
March 2nd, 2016, 08:16 PM
Sorry we didn't bow down to you arrogant ****s. Congrats on what you've accomplished, I respect the hell out of it and all, but to call us whiners because we told you to blow it out your ass when you try to do this in our back yard is pretty friggin natural of the Bison fan base in general. You're on an epic run, and it's amazing, but to expect your rival fan base to bow down to you is a bit much. I'm actually impressed by our fan base to have the back bone to tell them to pound sand, unlike the F Hawks north of you guys. Guess there's more of a Jackrabbit presence in Sioux Falls than you claim for this to happen, eh 1980? I for one am shocked, I mean, your wife cheers for the Bison but went to SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
March 2nd, 2016, 08:32 PM
Sorry we didn't bow down to you arrogant ****s. Congrats on what you've accomplished, I respect the hell out of it and all, but to call us whiners because we told you to blow it out your ass when you try to do this in our back yard is pretty friggin natural of the Bison fan base in general. You're on an epic run, and it's amazing, but to expect your rival fan base to bow down to you is a bit much. I'm actually impressed by our fan base to have the back bone to tell them to pound sand, unlike the F Hawks north of you guys. Guess there's more of a Jackrabbit presence in Sioux Falls than you claim for this to happen, eh 1980? I for one am shocked, I mean, your wife cheers for the Bison but went to SDSU.

Calm down there salty. It's a rivalry and we both poke each other back and forth.

We're arrogant as ****. No doubt about it, but I want to see someone who wouldn't be in this situation.

Thumper 76
March 2nd, 2016, 08:34 PM
Calm down there salty. It's a rivalry and we both poke each other back and forth.

We're arrogant as ****. No doubt about it, but I want to see someone who wouldn't be in this situation.

Rawr. Ahhhh I get too worked up bout **** sometimes xlolx

IBleedYellow
March 2nd, 2016, 08:35 PM
Rawr. Ahhhh I get too worked up bout **** sometimes xlolx

Now come up to Fargo this year and I'll buy you a beer.

Edit. Wait. You're already here. Herd and Horns?? :D

Thumper 76
March 2nd, 2016, 08:37 PM
Now come up to Fargo this year and I'll buy you a beer.

I live in Fargo now! You guys hang green and yellow toilet paper everywhere, very convenient. We didn't have that available in our porta potties in Brookings. ;) xlolx

Thumper 76
March 2nd, 2016, 08:38 PM
But seriously, I'm down for a beer with any of you guys, just give me a holler!

BisonFan02
March 2nd, 2016, 08:43 PM
But seriously, I'm down for a beer with any of you guys, just give me a holler!

IBY is buying. I'll have a coke. xlolx

Thumper 76
March 2nd, 2016, 08:43 PM
IBY is buying. I'll have a coke. xlolx

Well I'm sold, when we doin this?

BisonFan02
March 2nd, 2016, 08:44 PM
Game. Blouses.

or nah? xlolx That post wasn't "Tommy Nabisco" approved.

BisonFan02
March 2nd, 2016, 08:45 PM
Well I'm sold, when we doin this?

I'm sure we'll figure something out soon. I don't get to Fargo nearly as much as I used to. The next time MIGHT be the spring game for NDSU...and that really depends on my work schedule.

Thumper 76
March 2nd, 2016, 08:47 PM

Works for me

IBleedYellow
March 2nd, 2016, 08:50 PM
I'm down whenever. Bf02 hurry down to Fargo one weekend.

Thumper 76
March 2nd, 2016, 08:53 PM
I'm down whenever. Bf02 hurry down to Fargo one weekend.

How much does the time matter, I usually work till ten or so.

NDSU1980
March 2nd, 2016, 09:03 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

xnodxxlolxxnodx

Hey bunny and coyote fans....get a good look. You'll have a hard time seeing one again!!Naw, next year we can bring all six of them to Sioux Falls.

Da Bison
March 2nd, 2016, 09:03 PM
Was in Sioux Falls after the Bison thumped the Bunnies. Stopped at Dick's in the mall with my Bison sweatshirt on and a smart ass clerk warned me "probably don't want to wear Bison gear around here, this is Rabbit territory." I just told him "if you can't beat them. ..... "
And walked away.
He was speechless.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
March 2nd, 2016, 09:07 PM
I got some great chuckles out of that article in the Argus Leader.

However, if fans on either side don't think they'd feel the exact opposite if the roles were reversed they're fooling themselves. My best guess is that NDSU planned this with the ulterior motive of ruffling some feathers down in SD. I'd say that happened and they didn't even need to haul the trophies (or replicas of the trophies) anywhere.

Its a good-natured rivalry. One side prods the other a bit, the other side tells them to **** off. That's the whole of it.

TheRevSFA
March 2nd, 2016, 09:07 PM
I'm sure we'll figure something out soon. I don't get to Fargo nearly as much as I used to. The next time MIGHT be the spring game for NDSU...and that really depends on my work schedule.

You don't work. Don't lie....

BisonFan02
March 2nd, 2016, 09:13 PM
You don't work. Don't lie....

It may come as a surprise to some, but I do occasionally have obligations that resemble "work" :D

This could be an interesting year....really a story for another day. xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
March 2nd, 2016, 09:16 PM
Sending the trophies to Sioux Falls seems pointless and honestly, only intended to irritate the locals. Hey South Dakotans! Come see the NORTH Dakota State University football trophies!

It was for the Bison fans in the area ya douchenoodle.xsmhx

Thumper 76
March 2nd, 2016, 09:18 PM
I got some great chuckles out of that article in the Argus Leader.

However, if fans on either side don't think they'd feel the exact opposite if the roles were reversed they're fooling themselves. My best guess is that NDSU planned this with the ulterior motive of ruffling some feathers down in SD. I'd say that happened and they didn't even need to haul the trophies (or replicas of the trophies) anywhere.

Its a good-natured rivalry. One side prods the other a bit, the other side tells them to **** off. That's the whole of it.

And the truth, shall set you free!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160303/ebc097d7a0c8cd0eeac6eb294df51cf3.jpg

Bisonoline
March 2nd, 2016, 09:21 PM

If they were going to Brookings then you got a beef. But Sioux Falls? Really? Do you think we would give two ****zz if you took what ever awards you have to Grand Forks?

Thumper 76
March 2nd, 2016, 09:36 PM
If they were going to Brookings then you got a beef. But Sioux Falls? Really? Do you think we would give two ****zz if you took what ever awards you have to Grand Forks?

Absolutely. But, with your green and yellow bifocals on, I'm sure you don't think so.

TheKingpin28
March 2nd, 2016, 09:53 PM
Herd and Horns, yum!

344Johnson
March 2nd, 2016, 09:58 PM
It was for the Bison fans in the area ya douchenoodle.xsmhx

I'm sure Ohio St's recent trophy made its way to Detroit. I would bet Alabama's made an appearance in Memphis. You know. For the local fans.

Bisonoline
March 2nd, 2016, 10:17 PM
Absolutely. But, with your green and yellow bifocals on, I'm sure you don't think so.

Bifocals have no bearing. I really wouldnt care. WHY would I care if you went to Grand Forks?? Why would Bison fans care if you went to Grand Forks?

dewey
March 2nd, 2016, 10:19 PM
Bifocals have no bearing. I really wouldnt care. WHY would I care if you went to Grand Forks?? Why would Bison fans care if you went to Grand Forks?

Hell if they went to El Forko Grande I would feel bad for themxlolx

Dewey

Bisonoline
March 2nd, 2016, 10:21 PM
I'm sure Ohio St's recent trophy made its way to Detroit. I would bet Alabama's made an appearance in Memphis. You know. For the local fans.

Johnny jackazz comes on the scene with a non comparable analogy. You will fit in just fine in Grand Forks. You think alike. xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
March 2nd, 2016, 10:23 PM
Hell if they went to El Forko Grande I would feel bad for themxlolx

Dewey

My bet is there would be much laughter. oh hell I can guarantee it.xlolx

dewey
March 2nd, 2016, 10:26 PM
My bet is there would be much laughter. oh hell I can guarantee it.xlolx

I know I would be.

Dewey

JayJ79
March 3rd, 2016, 04:19 AM
Johnny jackazz comes on the scene with a non comparable analogy. You will fit in just fine in Grand Forks. You think alike. xthumbsupx

why isn't that comparable?

JayJ79
March 3rd, 2016, 04:20 AM

the locations of Des Moines and Cedar Falls are off by quite a bit (shown about 50 miles farther west and a little farther than they actually are.)

SDFS
March 3rd, 2016, 07:03 AM
You need to explain a few things to those who aren't familiar with Scheels.

Scheels is based out of Fargo ND. They are a big supporter of NDSU and they do make a lot from sales of NDSU gear in North Dakota. They have stores in ND, SD, MN,AZ. and most likely other states possibly IA. Not sure just how spread out they are but anyway they are regional to say the least.

Sorry but for the yote and rabbit fans (probably mostly rabbit fans) this is pretty ridiculous. But hey I guess you lost your chance to at least see what a Championship trophy looks like since you likely won't ever see one for your team xthumbsupx

This is why I don't buy anything from Scheels.. and I have let them know this via email. I don't support Bison sports. And Scheels can do as they please IMO

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 3rd, 2016, 07:11 AM
This is why I don't buy anything from Scheels.. and I have let them know this via email. I don't support Bison sports. And Scheels can do as they please IMO

Boy, I probably shouldn't buy anything from Scheels because they have UND gear in their store also...xrolleyesx

344Johnson
March 3rd, 2016, 07:14 AM

What's noncomparable about it?

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 3rd, 2016, 07:26 AM
What's noncomparable about it?

A business is doing it in its own stores not a school parading it around to different locations.

BisonBacker
March 3rd, 2016, 08:34 AM

Your strategy is clearly working. Look at how Scheels is struggling xlolx "That's some quality edumucations you got there in those South Dukhota shoolz"....xlolx

BisonBacker
March 3rd, 2016, 08:37 AM

That's more stores than I thought they had. They've got a good thing going.

344Johnson
March 3rd, 2016, 08:55 AM
A business is doing it in its own stores not a school parading it around to different locations.

And the school has no say in where their own trophies are going? Oddly enough, when they did the trophy tour a year or two ago, my old roommate who was interning at the athletic dept was the one in charge of driving the trophies to a couple different Scheels locations. Not a Scheels employee, an NDSU Athletics intern.

Lot of folks would be irritated in Fargo if the shoe was on the other foot. It is not the end of the world either way...but goodness.

TheRevSFA
March 3rd, 2016, 09:05 AM
scheels sounds like something you'd catch from a two dollar hooker

clenz
March 3rd, 2016, 09:16 AM
scheels sounds like something you'd catch from a two dollar hooker
Well, it's a last name of the founder.

It's a company with only a few locations but strikes massive, and I do mean MASSIVE, amounts of fear into national chains with hundreds of locations nationwide like Dick's, Sports Authority, etc...

No joke, the reason the new Colorado location is just now starting construction vs being open by now (was set to open when the Overland Park store ended up opening) is because Dick's struck a deal with most of the Denver area stating that if they allowed Scheels to build within a certain radius they'd be owed damages of outrageous amounts.

Scheels isn't your normal big box sports store.

Professor Chaos
March 3rd, 2016, 09:21 AM
So when are the trophies going to Cedar Falls? :D

BisonFan02
March 3rd, 2016, 09:21 AM

It's a company with only a few locations but strikes massive, and I do mean MASSIVE, amounts of fear into national chains with hundreds of locations nationwide like Dick's, Sports Authority, etc...

No joke, the reason the new Colorado location is just now starting construction vs being open by now (was set to open when the Overland Park store ended up opening) is because Dick's struck a deal with most of the Denver area stating that if they allowed Scheels to build within a certain radius they'd be owed damages of outrageous amounts.

Troof

clenz
March 3rd, 2016, 09:32 AM
Troof
I may be biased though.

I've shopped at Scheels for 28 years and worked for them for a while...so...

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 3rd, 2016, 09:35 AM
And the school has no say in where their own trophies are going? Oddly enough, when they did the trophy tour a year or two ago, my old roommate who was interning at the athletic dept was the one in charge of driving the trophies to a couple different Scheels locations. Not a Scheels employee, an NDSU Athletics intern.

Lot of folks would be irritated in Fargo if the shoe was on the other foot. It is not the end of the world either way...but goodness.

I can almost say with certainty, that if UND wins the NC in hockey this year, you will see the trophy in the Scheels store in Fargo.

Who cares? and so what......I would probably go see it just to see it.

IBleedYellow
March 3rd, 2016, 09:46 AM
I can almost say with certainty, that if UND wins the NC in hockey this year, you will see the trophy in the Scheels store in Fargo.

Exactly.

Green1
March 3rd, 2016, 10:01 AM
There were many members of these championship teams from the state of South Dakota. Where is the recognition of that fact?

F'N Hawks
March 3rd, 2016, 10:09 AM

You don't see the difference between the Sioux Falls/NDSU and UND/Fargo setup?

For the record I think the uproar is stupid but the UND/Fargo comparison isn't the best.

Professor Chaos
March 3rd, 2016, 10:16 AM

Come on, that's just a silly comparison. NDSU doesn't have hockey and Fargo is in the same state as UND along with having a huge UND alumni base in town.

Say SDSU wins 5 FCS national titles while beating NDSU 8 times in a row in the process and then decides to show their trophies off somewhere in Moorhead saying it's "for their fans in Minnesota and to recognize their players from Minnesota".

Maybe you wouldn't be miffed by that but I can guarantee there would be some very vocal Bison fans who would be. And if that was the case SDSU fans would be chuckling at the insecurity of those Bison fans. There are those on both sides who don't want to admit it but NDSU and SDSU have very similar fan bases.

344Johnson
March 3rd, 2016, 10:24 AM

Fargo is in what state again? Lots of UND folks live in Fargo.

wapiti
March 3rd, 2016, 10:50 AM
Here is a picture from inside the Scheel's store in Billings.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22255&stc=1

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 3rd, 2016, 11:22 AM
Come on, that's just a silly comparison. NDSU doesn't have hockey and Fargo is in the same state as UND along with having a huge UND alumni base in town.

Say SDSU wins 5 FCS national titles while beating NDSU 8 times in a row in the process and then decides to show their trophies off somewhere in Moorhead saying it's "for their fans in Minnesota and to recognize their players from Minnesota".

Maybe you wouldn't be miffed by that but I can guarantee there would be some very vocal Bison fans who would be. And if that was the case SDSU fans would be chuckling at the insecurity of those Bison fans. There are those on both sides who don't want to admit it but NDSU and SDSU have very similar fan bases.

I would give two ****s if Scheels was based out of Brookings and they had SDSU's 5 titles in the Fargo store. Who cares....

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 3rd, 2016, 11:23 AM
Fargo is in what state again? Lots of UND folks live in Fargo.

Who cares?

Bunch of conspiracy whiners on here......you guys have your tin foil hats on.....xlolx

Bisonator
March 3rd, 2016, 11:29 AM

Better not go to Sanford either as they are big Bison supporters. Actually you might want to check Team Makers member list to make sure you are not supporting any businesses that support the Bison. You might need to move to Bum**** Egypt! xlolx

BTW were these the real trophies that reside in NDSU's trophy case or replica's? I thought Scheel's had replica's made for their store.

Professor Chaos
March 3rd, 2016, 12:14 PM
Better not go to Sanford either as they are big Bison supporters. Actually you might want to check Team Makers member list to make sure you are not supporting any businesses that support the Bison. You might need to move to Bum**** Egypt! xlolx

BTW were these the real trophies that reside in NDSU's trophy case or replica's? I thought Scheel's had replica's made for their store.
Sanford actually donated more to USD than they did to NDSU....

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/college/usd/sanford-donates-million-for-usd-arena/article_afc468a5-d25c-5c8e-858c-b4e0adcda073.html

We should boycott them!!!

And these traveling trophies were the replicas.

clenz
March 3rd, 2016, 12:18 PM
Phil Knight has donated over a hundred million to Stanford athletics over the last decade or so

Professor Chaos
March 3rd, 2016, 12:21 PM
Phil Knight has donated over a hundred million to Stanford athletics over the last decade or so
Do you mean Oregon? Or do you mean he donated $100M to Stanford in addition to Oregon. I know he basically built the basketball arena that Oregon plays in. He named it after his son who passed in an accidental death a few years before it opened I believe.

BisonFan02
March 3rd, 2016, 12:21 PM
https://www.fargomonthly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Sanford-Fargo-Expansion.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DaoU0sJH_g

344Johnson
March 3rd, 2016, 12:32 PM
Sanford actually donated more to USD than they did to NDSU....

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/college/usd/sanford-donates-million-for-usd-arena/article_afc468a5-d25c-5c8e-858c-b4e0adcda073.html

We should boycott them!!!

And these traveling trophies were the replicas.

Then I wouldn't have any beef with it. Though it would be weird to have fake trophies out for people to go see.

BisonFan02
March 3rd, 2016, 12:35 PM
Then I wouldn't have any beef with it. Though it would be weird to have fake trophies out for people to go see.

I could be wrong....but the "fakes" are the same ****ing thing as the "real" ones. I believe the real ones never leave the FB office? (someone would need to confirm).

clenz
March 3rd, 2016, 12:43 PM
Do you mean Oregon? Or do you mean he donated $100M to Stanford in addition to Oregon. I know he basically built the basketball arena that Oregon plays in. He named it after his son who passed in an accidental death a few years before it opened I believe.
In addition.

Just last week there was a story he gave $400 million to the university to fund graduate school scholarships.

Second largest donation to a university ever, only behind the $500 million he gave to Oregon in 2013

344Johnson
March 3rd, 2016, 12:59 PM
I could be wrong....but the "fakes" are the same ****ing thing as the "real" ones. I believe the real ones never leave the FB office? (someone would need to confirm).

It's the principle of the situation damnit!

Yote 53
March 3rd, 2016, 01:45 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/56012839.jpg

jacksfan29
March 5th, 2016, 11:01 AM

You must be very proud that she went to SDSU, you put it in every post you put on this site.

As for the controversy? Contrived by a few people, the NDSU athletic department and Stu. Whitney's goal in life is and will always be to hate on SDSU. It is what he does. A

s an SDSU fan, and with family in SF who are SDSU fans not one of us had heard of this until Stu's article. Personally I could care less what NDSU does in Sioux Falls. Their run is more than impressive, it is unprecedented. That said, if the Bison really had any fans in the city you would think they could bring more than a 1,000 to the Summit League tournament. Instead, WIU, IPFW and maybe even ORU will likely all have more fans in the stands in Sioux Falls than the Bison.

SDFS
March 5th, 2016, 11:06 AM

Live in the cities doing just fine..... thanks

jacksfan29
March 5th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Sport's Authority have declared bankruptcy and will be shuttering a large number of their stores. When they bought out Gart they ran a solid business into the ground. They failed to realize that Gart was successful because the brothers were smart and catered to a certain Colorado element, the recreational skier. Once SA came in they lost a lot of the skiing business by screwing with SNIAGRAB and allowing Colorado Ski and Golf to take that once lucrative business. Co Ski and Golf have become the dominant skiing store on the Front Range. Later Dick's came in and took over the outdoors and stick and ball business. Now Cabella's have entered the lucrative SW Metro market with a huge new store off I25.

Scheel's will get slaughtered in the Denver area. They could maybe compete in Northern Colorado or the Western Slope, or possibly even Castle Rock/Monument/Co Springs, not Denver.

Bisonoline
March 5th, 2016, 08:05 PM
You must be very proud that she went to SDSU, you put it in every post you put on this site.

As for the controversy? Contrived by a few people, the NDSU athletic department and Stu. Whitney's goal in life is and will always be to hate on SDSU. It is what he does. A

s an SDSU fan, and with family in SF who are SDSU fans not one of us had heard of this until Stu's article. Personally I could care less what NDSU does in Sioux Falls. Their run is more than impressive, it is unprecedented. That said, if the Bison really had any fans in the city you would think they could bring more than a 1,000 to the Summit League tournament. Instead, WIU, IPFW and maybe even ORU will likely all have more fans in the stands in Sioux Falls than the Bison.

The question is are they basketball fans? You cant expect people who dont care for basketball to go to the games.

NDSU1980
March 5th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Fargo is in what state again? Lots of UND folks live in Fargo.Heck, lots of SDSU grads live in Fargo too. Who in their right mind wants to be in Brookings one day more than they have to???

Thundar
March 7th, 2016, 12:15 AM
Here is a picture from inside the Scheel's store in Billings.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22255&stc=1

That's their new standard store, Fargo's was the second built like this, they are now bigger yet but at that time was their largest and flagship