PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State Coach Jason Eck has some big balls lol

Catatonic
February 20th, 2016, 01:23 PM
After years of being the only team in the SEC without an indoor practice arena, the University of Georgia has belatedly started construction on a facility of its own. FCS Coach Jason Eck posted a video of SDS's indoor facility and on his twitter account and Tweeted....

The S-Jack....one of the nation's finest indoor facilities. Someday @FootballUGA (https://twitter.com/FootballUGA) someday.

Laker
February 20th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Eck was at Mankato for two seasons, including the 2014 D2 title game. I believe that he named his son Maverick in honor of his time there, but I'm trying to find out if that was his first or his middle name.

Eck is no shrinking violet. Controversial, yes. Boring, no.

BisonFan02
February 20th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Wasn't there a story done about him on ESPN for a game day? Its a pretty out there deal...

Kemo
February 20th, 2016, 04:39 PM
We need some attitude when it comes to our O-line. I'm fine with this.

bertram
February 20th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Eck coached the O line at Montana State last year as previous coach Jason McEndoo took a job with Oklahoma State. Unfortunately Eck was left without a job with the ousting of the Head coach at MSU. Was glad to see him land a job with decent program. SDSU landed a good guy.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
February 20th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Ha I love the tolling of UGA

JSUSoutherner
February 20th, 2016, 11:40 PM
The Bulldogs suck anyway. UGA and Athens are pretty cool but the team is a mess.

Catatonic
February 21st, 2016, 04:31 AM
The Bulldogs suck anyway. UGA and Athens are pretty cool but the team is a mess.

How so?

Laker
February 21st, 2016, 09:19 AM
We need some attitude when it comes to our O-line. I'm fine with this.

Oh, you will get plenty of attitude now! :D

Since I watch the Mavs at home and on the road, I could generally figure out a pattern for what type of play might be called. When he was calling plays I couldn't figure out a pattern- and I mean that in a positive way in that the opponent couldn't either. He did have a bulldozer line dominated by seniors and he used them well.

walliver
February 21st, 2016, 11:23 AM
Does it really take "big balls" to make a tweet?

UGA rarely plays indoors and doesn't really need an indoor facility. Most likely they are building this because not having one puts them at a recruiting disadvantage.

JSUSoutherner
February 21st, 2016, 01:13 PM
How so?
Their best win was Penn State. Their second best Auburn. For being the indestructible powerhouse everyone here thinks they are they sure are pretty underwhelming. They almost got taken down by a 3-9 GT team. Georgia fans talk almost as much smack as Bama fans. The difference is Bama can actually wins big games.

The Dawgs' bark is worse than their bite.

Catatonic
February 21st, 2016, 03:12 PM
Their best win was Penn State. Their second best Auburn. For being the indestructible powerhouse everyone here thinks they are they sure are pretty underwhelming. They almost got taken down by a 3-9 GT team. Georgia fans talk almost as much smack as Bama fans. The difference is Bama can actually wins big games.

The Dawgs' bark is worse than their bite.

The Dawgs aren't Alabama or Oklahoma or Notre Dame, for sure. They are, however, good enough to rank in the top 15 for all time wins and good enough that they fired their coach who did everything but win a national championship and managed 9 and a fraction wins per year for well over a decade. Penn State was ranked when Georgia beat them, Georgia was not. A great team is deep enough that the loss of a key player does not slow them down. The Dawgs have not been great the past two years. After they lost first Gurley last year and Chubb this year.

Not sure I would have hired an assistant from another program as HC but he may be just what they need to put them over the top....for now, they will have to settle for being at the top of the group of schools just below the 5 or 6 elite teams in college football.

JSUSoutherner
February 21st, 2016, 04:36 PM
The Dawgs aren't Alabama or Oklahoma or Notre Dame, for sure. They are, however, good enough to rank in the top 15 for all time wins and good enough that they fired their coach who did everything but win a national championship and managed 9 and a fraction wins per year for well over a decade. Penn State was ranked when Georgia beat them, Georgia was not. A great team is deep enough that the loss of a key player does not slow them down. The Dawgs have not been great the past two years. After they lost first Gurley last year and Chubb this year.

Not sure I would have hired an assistant from another program as HC but he may be just what they need to put them over the top....for now, they will have to settle for being at the top of the group of schools just below the 5 or 6 elite teams in college football.
My point is around here they are grossly overhyped. You said yourself, they aren't Alabama or Oklahoma, but damn they act like it.

IBleedYellow
February 21st, 2016, 09:11 PM
Oh baby....the fans tweeting @ him.

JSUSoutherner
February 21st, 2016, 10:41 PM
Oh baby....the fans tweeting @ him.
The sad part is, they are completely oblivious that SDSU would probably beat them.

Catatonic
February 22nd, 2016, 05:27 AM
The sad part is, they are completely oblivious that SDSU would probably beat them.

Bwahaha. Georgia doesn't have as good a record as Alabama, but the two schools have this in common-neither the Tide nor the Dawgs have ever lost to a FCS team.

Bisonator
February 22nd, 2016, 08:58 AM
Bwahaha. Georgia doesn't have as good a record as Alabama, but the two schools have this in common-neither the Tide nor the Dawgs have ever lost to a FCS team.

Neither has Iowa, yet.:D

Catatonic
February 22nd, 2016, 09:08 AM
Neither has Iowa, yet.:D

Very few P5-FCS match ups are worth watching. NDSU v Iowa is one I would love to watch.

344Johnson
February 22nd, 2016, 09:27 AM

The same SDSU that barely beat Kansas? lol Georgia would roll.

Thumper 76
February 22nd, 2016, 09:58 AM
The same SDSU that barely beat Kansas? lol Georgia would roll.

Georgia would absolutely beat us, but I don't think Kansas was as close to us as a team as the score implied. We were monkey stomping them and forgot there was a second half to win yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
February 22nd, 2016, 10:51 AM
Perhaps not SDSU, that was my hatred speaking. But the difference is they act like they are the best freaking team in CFB and would beat half the other P5's nowadays. Maybe Kirby can turn them into a half decent team. But Jesus their fans have the most obnoxious ego.

It's easier to handle Bama fans because at least Bama's arrogance is rooted in some actually success.

F'N Hawks
February 22nd, 2016, 10:58 AM
Georgia would absolutely beat us, but I don't think Kansas was as close to us as a team as the score implied. We were monkey stomping them and forgot there was a second half to win yet.

The Kansas game was 31-14 at half and ended 41-38.

But, when Montana was up 24-0 on SDSU at halftime and then held on to only win 24-17, the mantra was "it took SDSU a half to wake up and realize they were in a game, then they killed Montana all second half".

Which one is it?

JSUSoutherner
February 22nd, 2016, 11:24 AM

But, when Montana was up 24-0 on SDSU at halftime and then held on to only win 24-17, the mantra was "it took SDSU a half to wake up and realize they were in a game, then they killed Montana all second half".

Which one is it?
Two games against different opponents, at different venues, at different ends of the season? Totally comparable.

I mean We basically did the same thing with UTC this year. We came from behind the first time and they came from behind the second. It's really not that uncommon.

F'N Hawks
February 22nd, 2016, 11:38 AM
Two games against different opponents, at different venues, at different ends of the season? Totally comparable.

I mean We basically did the same thing with UTC this year. We came from behind the first time and they came from behind the second. It's really not that uncommon.

Wasn't talking about the games themselves. I was talking about the reactions as to why each happened. SDSU let off the gas in 2nd half vs. Kansas (meaning Kansas had nothing to do with the comeback).... but SDSU "woke up" vs. Montana and outplayed them all second half (meaning Montana didn't let off gas in second half).

Bisonator
February 22nd, 2016, 11:41 AM
Wasn't talking about the games themselves. I was talking about the reactions as to why each happened. SDSU let off the gas in 2nd half vs. Kansas (meaning Kansas had nothing to do with the comeback).... but SDSU "woke up" vs. Montana and outplayed them all second half (meaning Montana didn't let off gas in second half).

Thanks for sharing.

clenz
February 22nd, 2016, 12:48 PM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/R2O7/thank-you-for-your-honesty/image.png

Thumper 76
February 22nd, 2016, 04:46 PM

Sure. Pretty sure you are smart enough to know some things are combinations and grey areas, but we can go this way if you want.

The Montana game was after a massive travel fiasco, season determining loss at WIU, which immediately after made for the turnaround of having to travel out to Montana. Dropping from being a shoe in for the top eight seeds to having to go on the road to a place like Montana can be pretty emotionally draining for a team, causing them to come out flat. Also, considering that Montana didn't score a point in the second half while SDSU put up 17 lends itself to more of SDSU waking up and playing better. Now did Montana probably start looking ahead to NDSU at half? Most likely somewhat. That's why this ain't a black and white thing like you are trying to portray it as.

Now for the Kansas opener. It was the season opening game, at Kansas, a team known to be terrible in FBS, with a new coach, coming out trying to make a statement. Then to get smacked all over the field to be down 31-14 at half getting embarrassed by a lower division school. No reason to have been flat. They didn't start to do anything until they had a new qb in I believe after their starter got hurt. But SDSU went into their traditional prevent mode until it got close again. They have a history of blowing games that way. Ask any SDSU fan. But again obviously KU had to start playing better as well in order to get results. So it's grey area as well. Not sure why you felt the need to bring this discussion up here, I thought you guys were all angry in the gym focused on your easy schedule next year so you can get sent to our shiny new stadium in the playoffs for a beat down?

mmiller_34
February 22nd, 2016, 07:07 PM
I hate how this is even being talked about. I've never talked so condescendingly towards any of NDSU's FBS victories because it is an accomplishment whoever you beat and how ever you beat them.

For the record, SDSU would lose to Georgia 45-3.

mmiller_34
February 22nd, 2016, 07:15 PM

Which one is it?

Same.. We played only 1 half of football in both games. Forgot, how did you guys do in your playoff game again?

Thumper 76
February 22nd, 2016, 08:08 PM
I hate how this is even being talked about. I've never talked so condescendingly towards any of NDSU's FBS victories because it is an accomplishment whoever you beat and how ever you beat them.

For the record, SDSU would lose to Georgia 45-3.

Meh, that's what people thought the first time we played Nebraska and we competed pretty well. Not saying we would win by any stretch but i think we could keep it half respectable. Like 34-10.

BisonFan02
February 22nd, 2016, 09:31 PM
Same.. We played only 1 half of football in both games. Forgot, how did you guys do in your playoff game again?

They're still playing it out on message boards.....and they mad. xlolx

PantherRob82
February 23rd, 2016, 02:24 PM
Are they still mad? Are their players still the only ones in the country who are working out? xlolx

JSUSoutherner
February 23rd, 2016, 03:14 PM
Are they still mad? Are their players still the only ones in the country who are working out? xlolx
And drinking raw eggs.

BisonBacker
February 23rd, 2016, 04:09 PM
And drinking raw eggs.

Naw they drink what I flush into the river. Every flush from me is my donation to El Forko Grande :D

Kemo
February 23rd, 2016, 05:06 PM

https://57.media.tumblr.com/e3d11693275d5c92695a21691ca1b494/tumblr_nk37ohOUHd1tp0tzho1_500.gif

Wilson16
February 23rd, 2016, 08:12 PM
Weight room bitches

BisonBacker
February 24th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Weight room bitches

Here they are working out. They mad bro!!

http://cdn.muscleforlife.com/wp-content/themes/mfl/tim/timthumb.php?src=http://cdn.muscleforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/weightlifting-mistakes.jpg&w=640&q=85

F'N Hawks
February 24th, 2016, 08:30 AM
xpopcornx

IBleedYellow
February 24th, 2016, 10:51 AM
xpopcornx

It's funny when fans come when their team hasn't really done anything, much less even been in the playoffs. Is what everyone is getting at.

F'N Hawks
February 24th, 2016, 11:40 AM
It's funny when fans come when their team hasn't really done anything, much less even been in the playoffs. Is what everyone is getting at.

What are you even saying?

All I pointed out was the hypocrisy in his statement. Does UND need to make the playoffs for me to comment on here about a topic unrelated to the playoffs? xconfusedx

Can we get the ground rules laid out Ursus? Will help everyone for the future.

Thumper 76
February 24th, 2016, 12:46 PM
What are you even saying?

All I pointed out was the hypocrisy in his statement. Does UND need to make the playoffs for me to comment on here about a topic unrelated to the playoffs? xconfusedx

Can we get the ground rules laid out Ursus? Will help everyone for the future.

Noted that you have no rebuttal to what myself or mmiller said.

F'N Hawks
February 24th, 2016, 12:52 PM
I am now taking in all the witty, unique zingers from the gang.

Nothing to say about your post. You added in variables that you felt were pertinent. So be it.

mmiller_34
February 24th, 2016, 01:19 PM

Which one is it?

Sioux, the above comment is why people are giving you zingers. It's a weird comment that ignores a lot of intangibles and as an SDSU fan, it feels a bit condescending. We did outplay Montana in the 2nd half. Kansas outplayed us in the 2nd half.

Your question "which one is it?" was rhetorical. And a pot shot to the judgement of SDSU fans. Any passionate fan would go through the same type of thinking no matter which school your cheer for. It is unfair to hold SDSU fans to what was being said 3 months ago right after an emotional playoff game which ended a great season at SDSU.

F'N Hawks
February 24th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Sioux, the above comment is why people are giving you zingers. It's a weird comment that ignores a lot of intangibles and as an SDSU fan, it feels a bit condescending. We did outplay Montana in the 2nd half. Kansas outplayed us in the 2nd half.

Your question "which one is it?" was rhetorical. And a pot shot to the judgement of SDSU fans. Any passionate fan would go through the same type of thinking no matter which school your cheer for. It is unfair to hold SDSU fans to what was being said 3 months ago right after an emotional playoff game which ended a great season at SDSU.

Here is why I posted what I did:

It was stated in this thread that SDSU "let up" in the 2nd half (not that Kansas made a come back). But in November, it was stated that SDSU made a huge comeback/finally "woke up" in 2nd half (not that Montana "let up", which they did). See what I was getting at?

It's February and I am bored. Apologize. xthumbsupx

mmiller_34
February 24th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Here is why I posted what I did:

It was stated in this thread that SDSU "let up" in the 2nd half (not that Kansas made a come back). But in November, it was stated that SDSU made a huge comeback/finally "woke up" in 2nd half (not that Montana "let up", which they did). See what I was getting at?

It's February and I am bored. Apologize. xthumbsupx

I understand completely why you said it and what your were getting at, I believe that my above post demonstrates that. My post was showing you that your assessment was unfair because of the emotions last November - as it would be for any other fan base, including UND if you guys were in that situation.

My pot shot against UND in the playoffs was because I was charged up and felt slighted as an SDSU fan and I apologize for that. Let's move on.

F'N Hawks
February 24th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I understand completely why you said it and what your were getting at, I believe that my above post demonstrates that. My post was showing you that your assessment was unfair because of the emotions last November - as it would be for any other fan base, including UND if you guys were in that situation.

My pot shot against UND in the playoffs was because I was charged up and felt slighted as an SDSU fan and I apologize for that. Let's move on.

You trying to get me started on the playoffs again? :D It doesn't take much. xdeadhorsex

BisonFan02
February 24th, 2016, 01:42 PM
You trying to get me started on the playoffs again? :D It doesn't take much. xdeadhorsex

http://media.nj.com/devils_main/photo/9013775-large.jpg

JSUSoutherner
February 24th, 2016, 03:03 PM
What would you know about the playoffs? :D

IBleedYellow
February 24th, 2016, 08:28 PM
What would you know about the playoffs? :D

https://media.riffsy.com/images/5efdf63b0f53d6060a9751ffe36dca82/raw