PDA

View Full Version : How will the MVFC shake out in 2016?

penguinpower
February 13th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Who will be conference champion and why?

What are the greatest risks to each if the contenders?

What coaching changes will impact the race?

Predict the finish order of your top 5 teams.

Some big changes in personnel on several teams that could impact the race.

PantherRob82
February 13th, 2016, 03:24 PM
The real winner is anyone who eats Casey's breakfast pizza.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 13th, 2016, 04:07 PM
This is what I posted in the 2016 Valley thread:

NDSU
UNI
YSU
SDSU
Ill State

UNI might be the favorite with SDSU and NDSU at home.

Risks? Any team can lay an egg during the season.

BisonTru
February 13th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Here's my guess based on past seasons:

NDSU will win at least a share of the conference

UNI will be in "playoff mode" 2/3rds of the way through the season

YSU will be in "just don't choke mode" 2/3rds of the way through the season (they will choke)

SDSU will be in the playoffs, but won't win the conference or make a strong playoff run

Kemo
February 13th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Here's my guess on past seasons:

NDSU will win at least a share of the conference

UNI will be in "playoff mode" 2/3rds of the way through the season

YSU will be in "just don't choke mode" 2/3rds of the way through the season (they will choke)

SDSU will be in the playoffs, but won't win the conference or make a strong playoff run

Do you have a degree in "Recent History"? xrotatehx

Bisonator
February 13th, 2016, 08:24 PM
Who will be conference champion and why? NDSU. Do I need a reason why? Seriously.

What are the greatest risks to each if the contenders? Injuries in most cases. Farley in UNI's according to their fans.

What coaching changes will impact the race? None IMO. I don't see any of the teams with new HC's making it in the top 4-5 anyway.

Predict the finish order of your top 5 teams. 1. NDSU 2. UNI. 3. SDSU 4. YSU 5. ISUr

Some big changes in personnel on several teams that could impact the race.

My thoughts in red.

Laker
February 13th, 2016, 08:32 PM

They had a thing on TV about how Casey's is the 4th? or is it 5th? largest pizza chain in the US. Hard to believe.

WTFCollegefootballfan
February 13th, 2016, 11:08 PM
They had a thing on TV about how Casey's is the 4th? or is it 5th? largest pizza chain in the US. Hard to believe.

http://www.passion-4-pizza.com/caseys-pizza.html

WTFCollegefootballfan
February 13th, 2016, 11:09 PM

With BACON!!!

Bisonoline
February 14th, 2016, 12:31 AM
http://www.passion-4-pizza.com/caseys-pizza.html

If they were in Grinnell they should of ate at Pagliais.

Laker
February 14th, 2016, 08:04 AM
If they were in Grinnell they should of ate at Pagliais.

Mankato has a Pagliais. Good place to eat, but it is downtown. When I went to MSU-Mankato we would walk down the street to Jake's Stadium Pizza for their Wednesday night special.

TheKingpin28
February 14th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Pagliai's is like crack for me. EVERY time I go to the evil empire in Iowa City for family dinners and vacations, I have to eat there. It is just some next level stuff.

Bisonoline
February 14th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Pagliai's is like crack for me. EVERY time I go to the evil empire in Iowa City for family dinners and vacations, I have to eat there. It is just some next level stuff.

Not all Pagliais are equal. Certain Pagliais dont speak to others as there is a rift on some who broke away and sold franchises. Ive eaten at the one in IC and Grinell. Both are excellent with the Grinel location a tad better IMO.

Jakes Stadium Pizza in Mankato is pretty legit also.

PantherRob82
February 14th, 2016, 06:54 PM
With BACON!!!

I assumed that was a given.

frozennorth
February 14th, 2016, 08:46 PM
NDSU has a pre-season GOAT team imo.

TheKingpin28
February 14th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Not all Pagliais are equal. Certain Pagliais dont speak to others as there is a rift on some who broke away and sold franchises. Ive eaten at the one in IC and Grinell. Both are excellent with the Grinel location a tad better IMO.

Jakes Stadium Pizza in Mankato is pretty legit also.

I've only eaten at the one in Iowa City. Hamburg Inn #2 for breakfast, a "little" drinking for lunch, and Pagliai's for dinner was always my favorite combo.

Bisonoline
February 14th, 2016, 11:29 PM
I've only eaten at the one in Iowa City. Hamburg Inn #2 for breakfast, a "little" drinking for lunch, and Pagliai's for dinner was always my favorite combo.

Nice combo.

Of course Duanes and Sammys in Fargo are pretty good also.

BisonFan02
February 15th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Nice combo.

Both cut their pizza's in square slices....that just doesn't work. xlolx

Bisonoline
February 15th, 2016, 12:42 AM
Both cut their pizza's in square slices....that just doesn't work. xlolx

You get more slices when they are cut in squares.

Thundar
February 15th, 2016, 07:56 AM
So in 2016 pizza will win the MVFC?

mmiller_34
February 15th, 2016, 08:03 AM
So in 2016 pizza will win the MVFC?

Correct.

BisonFan02
February 15th, 2016, 08:47 AM
You get more slices when they are cut in squares.

Doesn't make the pizza any bigger. xthumbsupx :D

- - - Updated - - -

Correct.

Pizza is the GOAT.

Bisonator
February 15th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Anyone who cuts a round pizza into squares should be shot. That is all.

BisonBacker
February 15th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Nice combo.

To compare Duanes to Sammy's is an insult to Duanes. I've had both and there is no comparison. Duanes is hands down the best pizza in FM.

BisonFan02
February 15th, 2016, 09:57 AM

NY style....or GTFO xlolx

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.404585!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/amd-pizza-tour-jpg.jpg

WTFCollegefootballfan
February 15th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I love how this thread became a pizza thread!

Laker
February 15th, 2016, 12:20 PM
I love how this thread became a pizza thread!

I could predict that NDSU will win the MVFC. Odds are I would be right.

But if I predict that pizza will still be the winner- I can't be wrong.

BisonFan02
February 15th, 2016, 01:38 PM
I could predict that NDSU will win the MVFC. Odds are I would be right.

But if I predict that pizza will still be the winner- I can't be wrong.

Pizza is like blowjobs...I've never had a bad one. xthumbsupx

clenz
February 15th, 2016, 01:40 PM

As long as neither involve teeth you're correct.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160215/f0d3d65a5e91dd3166415d43b7087e79.jpg

REALBird
February 15th, 2016, 02:09 PM

Especially if you won it in a bet. xthumbsupx

centennial
February 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Umm... okay then.

TheKingpin28
February 15th, 2016, 03:30 PM
As long as neither involve teeth you're correct.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160215/f0d3d65a5e91dd3166415d43b7087e79.jpg

Oh that just brought back some unfortunate memories.

UNIFanSince1983
February 15th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Answer to the original question:

NDSU
The Rest

The Yo Show
February 15th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Man, all I know is if I ever go near a Casey's, I'm getting pizza.

Bisonoline
February 15th, 2016, 07:36 PM
To compare Duanes to Sammy's is an insult to Duanes. I've had both and there is no comparison. Duanes is hands down the best pizza in FM.

I wasnt comparing them. Yes Duanes is the best but you cant go wrong with Sammys either.

Bisonoline
February 15th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Man, all I know is if I ever go near a Casey's, I'm getting pizza.

You should experience it at least once.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 15th, 2016, 08:37 PM

Rhombus Guys pizza is in squares and is head and shoulders better than Casey's pizza....xnodx

Thumper 76
February 15th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Rhombus Guys pizza is in squares and is head and shoulders better than Casey's pizza....xnodx

You take your blasphemy to another conferences thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
February 15th, 2016, 10:37 PM

Yes it is. xthumbsupx Considerably more expensive also.

Bison56
February 16th, 2016, 11:26 AM

^This is a fact.

Bison56
February 16th, 2016, 11:29 AM
So my prediction is

1. Pizza
2. Burritos
3. Grain Belt
4. Tacos
5. Chicken Wings

clenz
February 16th, 2016, 11:33 AM
So my prediction is

1. Pizza
2. Burritos
3. Grain Belt
4. Tacos
5. Chicken Wings
Which Grain Belt....one is clearly better than the other.

Bison56
February 16th, 2016, 11:40 AM

Kind of scared to answer

Nordeast

PantherRob82
February 16th, 2016, 11:42 AM

Hamburg Inn is nice.

TheKingpin28
February 16th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Hamburg Inn is nice.

Nice and cozy and just right off of downtown and my personal favorite, the brown bottle

PantherRob82
February 16th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Have you been to Backpocket Brewing? Not an expansive menu but pretty good beer and food for a quick stop.

TheKingpin28
February 16th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Have you been to Backpocket Brewing? Not an expansive menu but pretty good beer and food for a quick stop.

I only get there about 2x a year but I will have to try it. Next time will be NDSU VS IOWA when I get there again.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Who pissed off Tony over on Bisonville? Probably politics antics by some.

Thumper 76
February 16th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Who pissed off Tony over on Bisonville? Probably politics antics by some.

Saw that. Laughed. Had to be something impressive to shut the whole thing down I would think.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Saw that. Laughed. Had to be something impressive to shut the whole thing down I would think.

I have never saw this before. Must have been a real good battle between some for him to shut it down.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2016, 03:46 PM
I have never saw this before. Must have been a real good battle between some for him to shut it down.

And I'm disappointed it will be sanitized before it is reopened....it would have been a good read. xlolx

EDIT: I saw NDSUSR was at the cause....and with certain current political events (and the makeup of the Bisonville community), I have a fairly certain idea what happened. xlolx political talk is frowned upon over there...especially if it isn't a certain group think. I could cry wolf about politics over there just about daily.....but I'm not a whiny twat about it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2016, 03:48 PM
And I'm disappointed it will be sanitized before it is reopened....it would have been a good read. xlolx

I skimmed thru BV early this morning. Probably something with Scalia and his death. Wonder if NoDak was in there posting.....he brings out a lot of posting when he posts. He hasn't been here in awhile.

REALBird
February 16th, 2016, 03:49 PM

Classic. I wish all boards would shut down for about a month or so after the season just to do some spring cleaning.

Sycamore62
February 16th, 2016, 03:49 PM
is the original Pagalai's in Charleston. If so, they have forfeited any top pizza award when EIU left the Gateway and went to the OVC.

It doesnt matter what shape you cut my pizza into. I will be eating the whole thing anyway

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Classic. I wish all boards would shut down for about a month or so after the season just to do some spring cleaning.

Most times it gets real personal and can get really over the top sometimes, that is why he says no politics or religion over there.

Some guys just like to push others buttons over there and it escalates from there.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2016, 03:52 PM
I skimmed thru BV early this morning. Probably something with Scalia and his death. Wonder if NoDak was in there posting.....he brings out a lot of posting when he posts. He hasn't been here in awhile.

Check my edit I made before your post....you've got it. He won't be here for awhile either.......

Thumper 76
February 16th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Man how mad do you have to make him to make him go "I'M SHUTTING THIS MOTHER DOWN!" Instead of a locked thread xlolx

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Man how mad do you have to make him to make him go "I'M SHUTTING THIS MOTHER DOWN!" Instead of a locked thread xlolx

No clue.... xlolx. Maybe he will chime in here or on BV if it ever reopens. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Check my edit I made before your post....you've got it. He won't be here for awhile either.......

I have been in the middle of some good debates that have been shut down but this must have been a doozy!

Just saw NDSUR on the message. His message or message from Tony to him?

Evolution Prime
February 16th, 2016, 04:04 PM

Premium

clenz
February 16th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Premium
Correct.

I enjoy Nordeast, but Premium is much better

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2016, 04:11 PM
I have been in the middle of some good debates that have been shut down but this must have been a doozy!

Just saw NDSUR on the message. His message or message from Tony to him?

Huh? I'm assuming it is Tony to him or letting everyone know who's sharing blame for the shutdown? I have no idea...

Shutdown note on front page:

No partisan politics. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that. Board will be back on the 17th or so. NDSUSR

There isn't a day that passes where some partisan smack veiled as current event/football/NDSU talk is being flung over there...just don't disturb that masses on one part of the aisle. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Correct.

I enjoy Nordeast, but Premium is much better

Both suck the soul out of beer and should feel shame....even though I don't drink any of it anymore. :D

JSUBison
February 16th, 2016, 04:43 PM

An impressive feat. Not even Lakes in his prime caused a shutdown.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2016, 04:44 PM
An impressive feat. Not even Lakes in his prime caused a shutdown.

#FreeLakesSaveBisonville xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2016, 04:58 PM
xrulesx

It will be fun to hear the story on the BV shutdown!

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2016, 05:02 PM
#FreeLakesSaveBisonville xlolx

BTW, it looks pretty cool with all those banners on your avatar!

Maybe, someday I'll be a "cool" kid too....:Dxawesomex

mango433
February 16th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Huh? I'm assuming it is Tony to him or letting everyone know who's sharing blame for the shutdown? I have no idea...

Shutdown note on front page:

There isn't a day that passes where some partisan smack veiled as current event/football/NDSU talk is being flung over there...just don't disturb that masses on one part of the aisle. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Both suck the soul out of beer and should feel shame....even though I don't drink any of it anymore. :D

You shut your mouth.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2016, 05:38 PM
You shut your mouth.

Make me! xlolx

AmsterBison
February 16th, 2016, 05:50 PM
xrulesx

It will be fun to hear the story on the BV shutdown!

Not much of a story. We were getting a lot of partisan political crap (which violates the Terms of Service) and with months to go before the election, it was only going to get worse so I said I'd shut the board down for 24 hours the next time I saw it happening. Today somebody decided that they just had to repost something they probably got in a chain email.

Hopefully, the message gets across.

No_Skill
February 16th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Not much of a story. We were getting a lot of partisan political crap (which violates the Terms of Service) and with months to go before the election, it was only going to get worse so I said I'd shut the board down for 24 hours the next time I saw it happening. Today somebody decided that they just had to repost something they probably got in a chain email.

Fingers crossed you unlock it soon...I need my fix.

Bisonoline
February 16th, 2016, 08:46 PM

I saw the post and knew it wasnt going to fly. Didnt think it would lead to the board being shut down but glad you did it. BV goes through a few obnoxious stages during the year and needs to get spanked every now and then. Well done!

Bisonoline
February 16th, 2016, 08:50 PM
is the original Pagalai's in Charleston. If so, they have forfeited any top pizza award when EIU left the Gateway and went to the OVC.

It doesnt matter what shape you cut my pizza into. I will be eating the whole thing anyway

The original was in Ames Iowa I believe.

Bisonoline
February 16th, 2016, 08:53 PM

Just one very large post directed at nobody. Not a battle at all. I had read that same post on an email or internet or something. Could believe it when I saw it on BV. LOL It was NDSUSR being himself.xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 16th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Just one very large post directed at nobody. Not a battle at all. I had read that same post on an email or internet or something. Could believe it when I saw it on BV. LOL It was NDSUSR being himself.xnodx

OK

Maybe a couple of days or a week of time out would be good for BV!!

Bisonoline
February 16th, 2016, 09:01 PM
OK

Maybe a couple of days or a week of time out would be good for BV!!

The crap can get bad over there and a good spanking seems to help at times.

Bisonator
February 16th, 2016, 09:11 PM

Why not just give the offender a timeout?

No_Skill
February 16th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Why not just give the offender a timeout?

To get the point across to all.

stevdock
February 16th, 2016, 09:23 PM
I saw the post and knew it wasnt going to fly. Didnt think it would lead to the board being shut down but glad you did it. BV goes through a few obnoxious stages during the year and needs to get spanked every now and then. Well done!

Just a few?? Oh yeah that might be due to the very few losses during the last 5 years. I really don't want to see BV these days if we were to go through another 3-8 year.

Thumper 76
February 16th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Just a few?? Oh yeah that might be due to the very few losses during the last 5 years. I really don't want to see BV these days if we were to go through another 3-8 year.

First part of the season it would be epic. Then it would probably tone down after some people went into their holes I think. I get a kick out of reading it and ruffling some feathers during the Marker week over there.

No_Skill
February 16th, 2016, 09:46 PM
First part of the season it would be epic. Then it would probably tone down after some people went into their holes I think. I get a kick out of reading it and ruffling some feathers during the Marker week over there.

You'd have more success if you guys would win one once in a while. :)

Thumper 76
February 16th, 2016, 09:48 PM
You'd have more success if you guys would win one once in a while. :)

Oh my success would be exponentially better. Still fun. I wouldn't be crying if you guys had rough season again. I never want another 3-8 season because it hurts the Valley, but getting you guys to have to play in Brookings with the new stadium in the playoffs and lose, now that would be glorious.

Thumper 76
February 16th, 2016, 09:50 PM
HAHAHAHA every time after I post here on Tapatalk I get the message Tony put up for the temporary shut down of bisonville.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Oh my success would be exponentially better. Still fun. I wouldn't be crying if you guys had rough season again. I never want another 3-8 season because it hurts the Valley, but getting you guys to have to play in Brookings with the new stadium in the playoffs and lose, now that would be glorious.

Nerd stat...NDSU has won the last 5 national championships...SDSU has won 3 postseason games...ever. :D

Thumper 76
February 16th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Nerd stat...NDSU has won the last 5 national championships...SDSU has won 3 postseason games...ever. :D

xlolx **** I hate you guys sometimes xlolx

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2016, 10:27 PM

Obviously not a reflection of the DI Jackrabbits...which makes the transition/step up that much more remarkable (and the willingness to do it).

http://images.techhive.com/images/article/2015/01/shooting_fish_in_a_barrel-100539867-primary.idge.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 17th, 2016, 07:21 AM

Ouch.....that is a good one!

SDSU is a good program but losing 8 in a row to the Bison might kind of sting a little bit for Jacks fans.....xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

Thumper, you live in Fargo?

How is it living behind enemy lines?

:D

AmsterBison
February 17th, 2016, 08:37 AM

Haha, I've got a nerd stat which I was saving for the re-opening of bisonville but what the heck: NDSU has won more games after New Year's Day than any other team in college football.

Obviously, I'm talking "after" in the sense of a "football" year rather than a calendar year.

clenz
February 17th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Haha, I've got a nerd stat which I was saving for the re-opening of bisonville but what the heck: NDSU has won more games after New Year's Day than any other team in college football.

Obviously, I'm talking "after" in the sense of a "football" year rather than a calendar year.Obviously over a narrow time span?

F'N Hawks
February 17th, 2016, 08:47 AM
What happened over at BV? Tony really runs a tight ship over there. xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
February 17th, 2016, 08:56 AM

Unrelated, but when is siouxsports going to change their name to fightinghawks4ever.com?

F'N Hawks
February 17th, 2016, 08:59 AM
Unrelated, but when is siouxsports going to change their name to fightinghawks4ever.com?

Couldn't quite get yourself to just answer the question. Probably thought about it, but...

UNIFanSince1983
February 17th, 2016, 09:05 AM

Real question is when is his username going to change to FightingHawk?

AmsterBison
February 17th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Obviously over a narrow time span?

Yes and no. I'm including all games involving current DI teams so that's a lot of seasons... but, yeah, not many teams have won games after Jan 1. Before 1999, the last example I found was in Feb, 1897 and that game was part of the 1897 season, not the 1896 season.

Not many teams even did that. Cal is the only one - back in the 1800's, Cal played a lot of games from Jan 2 and the end of May, but that's because they were starting their season in mid-January which would make those games early in the football season rather than late.

UNIFanSince1983
February 17th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Yes and no. I'm including all games involving current DI teams so that's a lot of seasons... but, yeah, not many teams have won games in January. Before 1999, the last example I found was in Feb, 1897 and that game was part of the 1897 season, not the 1896 season.

Back in the 1800's, Cal played a lot of games from Jan 2 and the end of May, but that's because they were starting their season in mid-January which would make those games early in the football season rather than late.

So no team has won more than 5 January bowl games? That sounds entirely inaccurate.

Edit: Wait you meant after New Year's Day so you aren't talking about Jan 1 bowl games?

clenz
February 17th, 2016, 09:18 AM
So no team has won more than 5 January bowl games? That sounds entirely inaccurate.

Edit: Wait you meant after New Year's Day so you aren't talking about Jan 1 bowl games?
Selectively narrowing the date range to make his point...

It's exactly what I was getting at.

That's like saying "My team has won more games on this exact day of the month when the weather was sunny and exactly this temperate with a noon kick off".

Thumper 76
February 17th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Thumper, you live in Fargo?

How is it living behind enemy lines?

:D

Not to bad so far. I like Fargo pretty well. Starting to get out a little bit to see more of the town. Got plenty of time though I plan on being here for a long while.

BisonFan02
February 17th, 2016, 09:35 AM

Couldn't quite get yourself to just answer the question. Probably thought about it, but...

What question? What happened over at BV? I have no ****ing clue. xlolx Tony already addressed it on here somewhere. Something about a Poli post.

How about you answer my question now? You are not the Sioux anymore...time for your "fanboard" to embrace the change right?

ST_Lawson
February 17th, 2016, 10:11 AM

As near as I can tell...the first one was in Ames, IA...1957: http://pagliais.com/about-us/
That being said, it looks like a lot of them are individually owned and aren't necessarily "associated" with the others.
The one in Charleston, IL started in '64: http://pagliaischarleston.com/
Macomb's started in '64 also, closed in 2010, came back for a couple of years, and then closed again: http://khqa.com/news/local/pagliais-pizza-resurrected-in-macomb-with-new-name?id=701622
Carbondale got theirs in '68: http://ourpags.com/a-family-tradition
One up in Mankato started in '69: http://www.pagliaismankato.com/

So, I don't know for sure, but it looks like it originated with the one in Ames and currently has locations near Des Moines and in Grinnell, IA...I could be wrong on that though.

IBleedYellow
February 17th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Not to bad so far. I like Fargo pretty well. Starting to get out a little bit to see more of the town. Got plenty of time though I plan on being here for a long while.

We should go out and have a beer.

BisonFan02
February 17th, 2016, 10:14 AM

^He's buying...so I hear. xlolx

IBleedYellow
February 17th, 2016, 10:15 AM
^He's buying...so I hear. xlolx

Say what?

AmsterBison
February 17th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Selectively narrowing the date range to make his point...

It's exactly what I was getting at.

That's like saying "My team has won more games on this exact day of the month when the weather was sunny and exactly this temperate with a noon kick off".

Ah, but teams that end their season after 1/1 are kind of an elite brotherhood unlike those in your arbitrary example.

If it makes you feel better, I could probably have said that NDSU has won more games in December than any team that has ever played FCS football. I'd be lying though because Fllorida A&M has 37 December wins compared to NDSU's and Georgia Southern's 32. Wonder how FL A&M got alll those December games?

IBleedYellow
February 17th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Ah, but teams that end their season after 1/1 are kind of an elite brotherhood unlike those in your arbitrary example.

If it makes you feel better, I could probably have said that NDSU has won more games in December than any team that has ever played FCS football. I'd be lying though because Fllorida A&M has 37 December wins compared to NDSU's and Georgia Southern's 32. Wonder how FL A&M got alll those December games?

So in two years we can be there?

Damn, son. That's impressive in the short time we've been in the FCS.

Thumper 76
February 17th, 2016, 10:37 AM

Absolutely. As long as there's hookers and cocaine.

IBleedYellow
February 17th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Absolutely. As long as there's hookers and cocaine.

Hookers and blow? You clearly don't understand how we roll here @ NDSU.

That's covered in Econ 101.

Thumper 76
February 17th, 2016, 10:42 AM
Hookers and blow? You clearly don't understand how we roll here @ NDSU.

That's covered in Econ 101.

Oh good, I have moved to the right area then.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 17th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Oh good, I have moved to the right area then.

Plus, it will give us time to turn you from the "dark side" of being a Jacks FB fan......:D

Thumper 76
February 17th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Plus, it will give us time to turn you from the "dark side" of being a Jacks FB fan......:D

xlolx challenge accepted xlolx

AmsterBison
February 17th, 2016, 01:33 PM
So in two years we can be there?

Damn, son. That's impressive in the short time we've been in the FCS.

Not quite, NDSU could win three next year which would leave them 1 behind fl a&m. And NDSU won half of those December games as a D2 school so our short time in the FCS doesn't really matter (although the four year's of playoff ineligibility certainly sucked.)

As an FCS school, NDSU is #4 in December wins, behind Georgia Southern (31), Montana (22), Youngstown State (17), NDSU (16)... so not bad.

Edit: D'oh, I can't read... yeah, NDSU could get the King of December crown in two seasons. :)

Trumpster
February 17th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Has anyone else had Grain Belt Premium Light?

Bison56
February 17th, 2016, 04:38 PM

Why yes I have, and I have had a lot of it.

Twentysix
February 18th, 2016, 02:42 AM
The only grain belt allowed to touch these lips is a nordeast. mmm mmm good

Twentysix
February 18th, 2016, 02:44 AM
I boldly predict that NDSU loses to otherwise winless Missouri State, then goes on to win the National Championship. :D (ok it isn't a real prediction, but it wouldn't surprise me either)

mango433
February 18th, 2016, 09:10 AM

Once. That was enough

SUPharmacist
February 18th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Once. That was enough

Indeed, I enjoy my premium in the Brain Belt cans.

clenz
February 18th, 2016, 07:09 PM
It's tough to find Grain Belt down here sadly

TheKingpin28
February 18th, 2016, 07:17 PM
It's tough to find Grain Belt down here sadly

If you go to the Iowa game, I'll bring a case.

clenz
February 18th, 2016, 08:48 PM
If you go to the Iowa game, I'll bring a case.

Good luck getting me to Iowa City.

My front door is 27.16 miles from mid field at Kinnick Stadium and outside of trips to Iowa City for work related meetings I think I've been to Iowa City/Coralville maybe 5 or 6 times in the 2* years since I moved from Cedar Falls. I've been to one game at Kinnick (free media suite passes from Bob Brooks to the Michigan/Iowa game in Nov 13 because they knew I am a Michigan fan), I've been to the mall area shopping two or three times and there may have been one or two trips I don't remember.

Also, 27 miles straight line but it takes me 45 minutes when no traffic and perfect conditions to get to Kinnick. As proof...blocked out basic information that would make it easier to stalk me.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160219/d75e7721f54964badb1bc3bf15e91257.jpg

Now, on a game day? Double that.

Iowa fans and I don't get along. NDSU fans are, essentially, Iowa fans in many ways for the better and worse. A UNI and Michigan fan mixed in is a no-no.

Now, if you're coming from the north you'll be within 6 miles of my house as you go down 380 so we can work something out. 👍

BisonFan02
February 18th, 2016, 08:51 PM

My front door is 27.16 miles from mid field at Kinnick Stadium and outside of trips to Iowa City for work related meetings I think I've been to Iowa City/Coralville maybe 5 or 6 times in the 2* years since I moved from Cedar Falls. I've been to one game at Kinnick (free media suite passes from Bob Brooks to the Michigan/Iowa game in Nov 13 because they knew I am a Michigan fan), I've been to the mall area shopping two or three times and there may have been one or two trips I don't remember.

Also, 27 miles straight line but it takes me 45 minutes when no traffic and perfect conditions to get to Kinnick. As proof...blocked out basic information that would make it easier to stalk me.

Iowa fans and I don't get along. NDSU fans are, essentially, Iowa fans in many ways for the better and worse. A UNI and Michigan fan mixed in is a no-no.

Now, if you're coming from the north you'll be within 6 miles of my house as you go down 380 so we can work something out. 

:( xlolx **** you too. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
February 18th, 2016, 10:54 PM

Now, if you're coming from the north you'll be within 6 miles of my house as you go down 380 so we can work something out. 👍

I plan on coming from the expressway out of Waterloo so I could probably make something work. Still think you should come tailgate and come grab breakfast at the Hamburg Inn #2 with me.

Bisonoline
February 19th, 2016, 12:46 AM

Now, if you're coming from the north you'll be within 6 miles of my house as you go down 380 so we can work something out. 

You live in Cedar Rapids?

clenz
February 19th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Marion

IBleedYellow
February 19th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Iowa fans aren't used to cheering for a winner as much as NDSU fans.

Ergo...we're not the same.

clenz
February 19th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Iowa fans aren't used to cheering for a winner as much as NDSU fans.

Ergo...we're not the same.
Ah...BUT they are used to cheering for a winner. Look at their wrestling program. They just happen to view all of their teams like that. Their football program has played in 2 "BCS bowls" since 2010. The basketball team is ranked in the top 10 right now and been to a couple straight NCAAs and on the verge of a B10 title.

Take the complete sense of entitlement and massive egos that are, traditionally, associated with NDSU fans and throw an Iowa shirt on it and then add 100-120k more people like that right around the stadium and you've got the same fan base...

IBleedYellow
February 19th, 2016, 09:43 AM
I'm listening to Coach K give an interview with Bruce Feldman right now and he just said "We are the State school, we are the Iowa, we are Nebraska, we are Minnesota for our state."

I can't argue with our coach. D'oh.

BisonFan02
February 19th, 2016, 09:46 AM
Ah...BUT they are used to cheering for a winner. Look at their wrestling program. They just happen to view all of their teams like that. Their football program has played in 2 "BCS bowls" since 2010. The basketball team is ranked in the top 10 right now and been to a couple straight NCAAs and on the verge of a B10 title.

Take the complete sense of entitlement and massive egos that are, traditionally, associated with NDSU fans and throw an Iowa shirt on it and then add 100-120k more people like that right around the stadium and you've got the same fan base...

What happens when UNI fans LITERALLY put on their Iowa shirts? Iowa State? :D

IBleedYellow
February 19th, 2016, 09:54 AM

Just like when Jax State fans where their Alabama gear @ the Title Game?

F'N Hawks
February 19th, 2016, 10:04 AM
I'm listening to Coach K give an interview with Bruce Feldman right now and he just said "We are the State school, we are the Iowa, we are Nebraska, we are Minnesota for our state."

I can't argue with our coach. D'oh.

So he names a bunch of non-land grants as his comparison? xconfusedx Why didn't he use Iowa State, Michigan State, etc?

clenz
February 19th, 2016, 10:06 AM
I don't consider 99% of them UNI fans.

They fall under the dual fan category - no different than your UND hockey/NDSU football or NDSU/Minnesota fans.

centennial
February 19th, 2016, 11:09 AM

They fall under the dual fan category - no different than your UND hockey/NDSU football or NDSU/Minnesota fans.
Most casual fans root for winners, especially the non alumni. That is why you get these hybrid fans. I don't think the bandwagoners hurt anyway. More people buying tickets, and/or donating.

344Johnson
February 19th, 2016, 11:17 AM
So he names a bunch of non-land grants as his comparison? xconfusedx Why didn't he use Iowa State, Michigan State, etc?

Minnesota and Nebraska are both Land Grants I believe. Though I agree, K-State, Iowa St, etc. would be better comparisons.

F'N Hawks
February 19th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Minnesota and Nebraska are both Land Grants I believe. Though I agree, K-State, Iowa St, etc. would be better comparisons.

Are they? Wouldn't know, just going by the 'State' name that seems to relate to it.

AmsterBison
February 19th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Are they? Wouldn't know, just going by the 'State' name that seems to relate to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_land-grant_universities

IBleedYellow
February 19th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Pretty sure he was more or less talking about the more prominent universities in each state. xthumbsupx

xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 19th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure he was more or less talking about the more prominent universities in each state. xthumbsupx

xlolx

xnodxxlolx

Twentysix
February 19th, 2016, 03:36 PM

xlolx

Yep, pretty sure he was talking about the flagship school in each state.

Having "State University" in the name does not give exclusive rights on being a state school... it's the colloquial way to understand it, but Coach K isn't wrong. A state school is any school that is funded and controlled by the state. Every single university in the NDUS system in ND is a "State School." Every school he named was a state school. Schools that are not "State Schools" are Harvard, Marquette, Rice, etc. Both Michigan and Michigan State are "State Schools," as are NDSU and UND, and even Mayville.

He may not have used the term with the colloquial definition, but the way he used it, it definitely could have tracked with the greater definition of state school, a school controlled and funded by the state.

In conclusion, school looks ****ing weird in English when you write it more than 2 times successively.

Laker
February 19th, 2016, 03:59 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_land-grant_universities

Darn- they were going to put the land grant school in Glencoe, only thirty miles from me.

The land grant was originally provided in 1865 to a proposed state agricultural college in Glencoe, Minnesota (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glencoe,_Minnesota), but was reappropriated to the University of Minnesota by act dated February 18, 1868.

JayJ79
February 20th, 2016, 01:41 AM

UNI/Michigan dual fans

clenz
February 20th, 2016, 07:20 AM
UNI/Michigan dual fans

Difference being no one will ever question which one comes first for me. I will never miss a UNI game for a Michigan game. I own significantly more UNI gear than Michigan. I don't donate to Michigan but not UNI. Il never even think about wearing Michigan clothing to a UNI event. Should UNI and Michigan ever play, in any sport, it won't be a question who I am pulling for and want to win. If told pick one and never cheer for the other again I would pick UNI 100% of the time.

Now , compare that to 99.99 percent of the UNI/Iowa dual fans. You'll notice a massive difference