PDA

View Full Version : Who had the best recruiting class (in 2011)?

Professor Chaos
February 8th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Disclaimer: I realize this should probably go in the "Ins & Outs" forum but I was hoping to get a little more input by putting it here.

This time of year college football fans everywhere get excited about the new recruits coming in and the future of the program and a lot of recruiting services attempt to rank classes and recruits when we really have no idea how good most of these kids are. So I thought it would be interesting to go back to your school's 2011 recruiting class (meaning that if the players from that class redshirted this past year would've been their last year of eligibility) and see how those classes stacked up.

Here's my breakdown of NDSU:

Totals

20 scholarship players and 10 recruited walk-ons. Detailed summary can be found here (although they are missing Brian Schaetz in that list): http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?20018-2011-Recruiting-Summary

Top 5 of the class

1. Carson Wentz (QB) - Needs no justification. Anytime you have a potential top 5 NFL draft pick recruited to a school at this level he's going to be at the top of any list as the best recruit.
2. Ben LeCompte (P) - 4 year starter at punter and special teams stalwart who had a huge impact on some huge games from the 2012 playoffs against GSU as a freshman to the 2015 playoffs against UNI as a senior.
3. Joe Haeg (OT) - Tough to pick between Haeg and LeCompte for runner up in this class but the transformation this guy made from an underweight walk-on O-line prospect to a bona fide NFL prospect was amazing. Another 4 year starter.
4. C.J. Smith (CB) - A 3 year starter whose value for NDSU was underscored in the Montana game in 2015. He showed he was one of the better CBs in the FCS from 2013-2015 and he'll have a shot to make an NFL roster this summer/fall.
5. Brian Schaetz (DT) - A walk-on who became a two year starter but four year contributor as the anchor of what was a tremendous D-line during his entie career.

Attrition (33%) - I calcuated attrition percentage by halving the number in the "Lost but contributed" category, adding that to the number in the "Kept" category, and dividing that sum by the total class size.

Kept (9): TE Albers, FB/TE Bonnet, CB Champion, OT Haeg, WR Moody, P LeCompte, DT Schaetz, CB Smith, QB Wentz
Lost but contributed (2): C Colville, WR Okland
Lost (19): FB Cable, LB Chrest, LB Dinwiddie, WR Dunn, FB Grimm, DT Horvath, RB Jones, TE Lee, LB LaVoy, OG Lesar, DL Lisenby, S Miles, LB Norman, LB Scoliere, S Sonnenfeld, QB Stanford, DE Talmadge, S Veldman, DT Wood

Summary

The good: Obviously the top of the class was incredibly good with what I'd have to imagine was the best FCS recruit in 2011 with Carson Wentz but LeCompte and Haeg were also multiple year All-Americans.
The bad: The attrition rate was horrible by NDSU's standards.
My take/rating: If I had to give this class a letter grade I would probably go with a C+. The gems at the top of the class are the only thing that keeps the attrition rate from dragging it into the D range.

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of other school's 2011 recruiting classes (doesn't have to be in the same format as my breakdown above). It might be an interesting offseason discussion to debate who had the best 2011 recruiting classes. At least it would be a much more objective debate than who had the best 2016 recruiting classes.

Cocky
February 8th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Should walk ons counts as recruits? I understand most are recruited but if the staffs dont realize their potential should any recruiter get much credit? The school and its tradition are normally the main draw to a walk on unless they are the academic "preferred walkon" type.

Please note Im not taking anything away from the players just the coaches who didnt deem them worthy of any money.

Professor Chaos
February 8th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Should walk ons counts as recruits? I understand most are recruited but if the staffs dont realize their potential should any recruiter get much credit? The school and its tradition are normally the main draw to a walk on unless they are the academic "preferred walkon" type.

Please note Im not taking anything away from the players just the coaches who didnt deem them worthy of any money.
I think walk-ons should be included as long as they are recruited walk-ons. It's not like all the scholarship recruits are full scholarship recruits. I know a good chunk of NDSU's scholarship kids come in with half-rides and I don't think they should be separated any more from the recruited walk-ons than they are from the full scholarship recruits.

clenz
February 8th, 2016, 09:39 AM

Walk ons are recruited, just not offered a scholarship.

Walk ons make the program depth. Walk ons will end up winning you games/conference titles.

Never discount a walk on.

Mark Farley, UNI's HC, was a walk on when he stepped on foot on campus. Ended up being a 2 time All American and 3 time All Conference.
Kurt Warner was a walk on
Eric Sanders, who holds the FCS career completion % record, was a walk on his first year(I think)

BisonFan02
February 8th, 2016, 09:41 AM
NDSU wins championships with their walk on program...period.

Smitty
February 8th, 2016, 09:50 AM
I would say that you would only count the people you signed on signing day in 2011. Walk ons are very important to help round a team out but everybody wants to compare the class they signed for that year.

clenz
February 8th, 2016, 09:51 AM
I would say that you would only count the people you signed on signing day in 2011. Walk ons are very important to help round a team out but everybody wants to compare the class they signed for that year.
Then you are ignoring over half the work the coaches do recruiting.

You are ignoring extremely key players

You can't look at a RECRUITED class and ignore walk ons

They are recruited, just not given a scholarship the first year, thus there is nothing to sign.

Smitty
February 8th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Then you are ignoring over half the work the coaches do recruiting.

You are ignoring extremely key players

You can't look at a RECRUITED class and ignore walk ons

They are recruited, just not given a scholarship the first year, thus there is nothing to sign.

Then why have this at all? Every year it is the same thing, "look how many stars we brought in" "well wait 4 years and see how they are then".

4 years later...

Did Joe Schmoe live up to his hype or not?

Besides walk-on's cannot be publicized or announced by the school (or any official at the school), per NCAA regulations. You don't know who the walk-on's are at the time you signed the class. So with that in mind, compare what you know and go from there.

BEAR
February 8th, 2016, 10:05 AM
UCA's 2011 class had only a few "stars" .

Dezmin Lewis- WR- Now playing WR for the Buffalo Bills. Helped UCA win the SLC in 2012 and close a few more times besides that.

Derek Floyd- DL- No doubt will be playing in CFL or one of the American semi pro or smaller leagues. Just a beast.

Kyle Stouffer- 6'7" 335 OL. Pro teams from U.S. and Canada are looking at him. He really developed his 4 years at UCA.

Not any other players from that class really stand out.

clenz
February 8th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Then why have this at all? Every year it is the same thing, "look how many stars we brought in" "well wait 4 years and see how they are then".

4 years later...

Besides walk-on's cannot be publicized or announced by the school (or any official at the school), per NCAA regulations. You don't know who the walk-on's are at the time you signed the class. So with that in mind, compare what you know and go from there.
1. The only schools bragging about stars are schools/programs that don't usually win **** so they needd something to hang their hat on to get the fans excited about something.
2. 4-5 years later we do know who the walk-on players were. We do know how the developed. We do know that they were recruited. We know who they are simply by comparing the scholarship list to the roster that year and seeing who the other freshman are.
3. This isn't a "how did they fare vs expectations" thing. It's a how did the entire class turn out for your program thing.

Notice programs like NDSU, UNI, Montana, or most of the schools who are top quality EVERY year, not just every couple, don't give a flying **** about stars. They care about kids that are good for the system, no matter what Rivals/Scout/247 think of them.

UNIFanSince1983
February 8th, 2016, 11:12 AM
The problem is that looking back doesn't prove how great the class was. It really just proves how well coaches developed the class. So teams might get good recruits, but the coaches suck so the talent never develops past the level they were coming in.

I think a better way to look at a class is maybe the year after. How many of the kids were freshman that made an impact? These freshman may not have been the high star ones either. They may have just been under the radar.

Otherwise you are going to look back and the most successful programs are always going to have the best class which may or may not be accurate. They may just have the best staff to develop good players. They may just do a better job of maximizing talent. I could be completely off base on this, but I think it is unfair. I mean sort of a chicken or egg thing. Was the kid who was a walk on or lightly recruited actually really talented and someone missed them or are the coaches just really good at maximizing a player and working them into their system?

Smitty
February 8th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Notice programs like NDSU, UNI, Montana, or most of the schools who are top quality EVERY year, not just every couple, don't give a flying **** about stars. They care about kids that are good for the system, no matter what Rivals/Scout/247 think of them.

I don't care about stars as well and I am all for the kids who are brought in that fit the program. Dennis Wagner (previous HC) only cared about JR transfers and top kids and it was horrible for our program. Mark Speir is a night and day difference and you can see the results...

As for this thread, I thought was addressing the issue brought up in "Top 10 FCS..." where you had to wait 4-5 years to see who has the best class. I figured it was a how did the National Signing Day class you brought in do, since that is what everybody is currently comparing.

Professor Chaos
February 8th, 2016, 11:27 AM

4 years later...

Recruited walk-ons sign NLIs on signing day too and can be publicized by the school along with the scholarship commits. NDSU has been doing this with PWOs for as long as I can recall following their recruiting.

Smitty
February 8th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Recruited walk-ons sign NLIs on signing day too and can be publicized by the school along with the scholarship commits. NDSU has been doing this with PWOs for as long as I can recall following their recruiting.

That's cool, I'm not going to argue stuff I fully don't understand. Everything that I've seen in my 5 minutes of googling shows that walk ons don't sign NLIs. Maybe NDSU still throws a ceremonial signing for all of their recruits.

As for my quote about announcing, I pulled the quote from one of our forums.

Walk-on's cannot be publicized or announced by the school (or any official at the school), per NCAA regulations. If they haven't signed a NLI, then they are available to any school who comes offering them. There is nothing binding them to the school.

So... anything posted about walk-ons (preferred walk-on, i.e., invited by the coaches and offered an opportunity to show what they can do, OR walk-on's who just come of their own volition) will be stuff posted by someone who happens to know the young man and knows about his plans.

WCU never has released their PWOs. Usually we have to follow stories posted from recruits on twitter or their local newspaper, or wait for the preseason roster.

Professor Chaos
February 8th, 2016, 02:04 PM
That's cool, I'm not going to argue stuff I fully don't understand. Everything that I've seen in my 5 minutes of googling shows that walk ons don't sign NLIs. Maybe NDSU still throws a ceremonial signing for all of their recruits.

As for my quote about announcing, I pulled the quote from one of our forums.

WCU never has released their PWOs. Usually we have to follow stories posted from recruits on twitter or their local newspaper, or wait for the preseason roster.
Yeah, after doing a bit of research myself it looks like you're right and PWOs don't sign NLIs. I was confused by the fact that last Wednesday NDSU kept tweeting out "Fax number X coming in" and were including the PWOs in that. NDSU must have some type of agreement they have PWOs sign because they've already announced 10 PWOs from this year's incoming class in an official press that went out on signing day.

TUTigers
February 8th, 2016, 04:11 PM
We had Terrance West in 2011 but the rest of the class was nothing super special.

Cocky
February 8th, 2016, 04:26 PM
2011 Jacksonville State Football Signees
Brandon Bender (5-9, 165, CB, McCalla, Ala./McAdory HS) X
Blake Burks (6-2, 310, OL, Hoover, Ala./Hoover HS) X
Rashod Byers (5-8, 170, RB, Jacksonville, Fla./First Coast HS) X
Denzel Bynum (5-11, 160, CB, Bridgeport, Ala./ North Jackson HS)
Dustin Gayton (6-3, 225, LB, Cumming, Ga./West Forsyth HS) X
Jordan Jackson (6-3, 240, TE, Tallahassee, Fla./Florida High HS) X
DeMarcus James (5-10, 220, RB, Demopolis, Ala./Demopolis HS) X
Jamaal Johnson (6-0, 185, ATH, Piedmont, Ala./Piedmont HS) X
Jakari Kinnie (6-1, 350, DL, Gadsden, Ala./Gadsden HS)
Caleb Lawrence (6-0, 270, DL, Opelika, Ala./Opelika HS) X
Andreas Lewis (6-2, 191, LB, Thomasville, Ala./Coffeeville HS)
Jerry Slota (6-3, 220, ATH, Golden, Col./DeAnza CC) X
Brayden Walker (6-2, 205, FB, Heflin, Ala./Cleburne County HS)
Taylor Warner (6-5, 280, OT, Jacksonville, Ala./Jacksonville HS)
Thomas Williams (6-5, 302, OL, Chickasaw, Ala./Vigor HS)
Adam Wright (6-3, 295, DL, Centerpoint, Ala./Clay-Chalkville HS) X

Recalling off memory, the ones with a X beside the name did contribute in some ways for JSU. Several of these guys graduated last year and moved on in life, so they werent on this years team.

2012 Jacksonville State Football Signees

Calvin Baker, OL, 6-3, 295, Oxford, Ala./Oxford HS
John Clark Barefied, OL, 6-2, 268, Duluth, Ga./Lambert HS
Joshua Barge, WR, 6-0, 170, Carrollton, Ga./Carrollton HS X
Dushonta Broughton (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1599), DB, 6-0, 165, Jonesboro, Ga./Lovejoy HS
Telvin Brown (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1596), WR, 5-9, 167, Carrollton, Ga./Carrollton HS X
Erick Butler (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1617), DE, 6-7, 215, Tuskegee, Ala./Booker T. Washington HS
Trey Coleman, OL, 6-5, 321, Dorchester SC/Dorchester HS
Blake Glaze (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1610), LB, 5-11, 195, Lanett, Ala./Springwood HS
Jermaine Hough (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1593), CB, 5-9, 163, Hampton, Ga./Lovejoy HS X
Tyler Hughes (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1611), SAF, 5-11, 185, Northport, Ala./American Christian HS
Elijah Jenkins, QB, 6-3, 190, Birmingham, Ala./Parker HS X
Nick Johnson (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1564), OL, 6-2, 250, Dadeville, Ala./Dadeville HS X
Leon Jones (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1613), LB, 6-1, 225, Madison, Ala./East Limestone HS
Miles Jones (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1606), RB, 5-10, 204, Kennesaw, Ga./Allatoona HS X
JaJuan Lee (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1618), OLB, 6-1, 195, Montgomery, Ala./Jeff Davis HS
John Mark Mintz (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1615), TE/DE, 6-2, 235, Ragland, Ala./Ragland HS
Austin Parker (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1622), OL, 6-2, 295, Sugar Hill, Ga./North Gwinnett HS
Troymaine Pope (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1604), RB, 5-9, 198, Anniston, Ala./Anniston HS X
LaDarius Rodgers (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1612), RB, 5-10, 215, Leeds, Ala./Leeds HS
Dalton Screws (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1630), WR, 5-11, 170, Anniston, Ala./Wellborn HS X
Steven Snyder (http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1608), DL, 6-4, 200, Stockbridge, Ga./Stockbridge HS

Same as above with some have transferred and some of the Xs will graduate and not play their last year.

Other JSU fans may correct my memory if any of this is incorrect.

McNeese72
February 8th, 2016, 04:53 PM
The problem is that looking back doesn't prove how great the class was. It really just proves how well coaches developed the class. So teams might get good recruits, but the coaches suck so the talent never develops past the level they were coming in.

I think a better way to look at a class is maybe the year after. How many of the kids were freshman that made an impact? These freshman may not have been the high star ones either. They may have just been under the radar.

Otherwise you are going to look back and the most successful programs are always going to have the best class which may or may not be accurate. They may just have the best staff to develop good players. They may just do a better job of maximizing talent. I could be completely off base on this, but I think it is unfair. I mean sort of a chicken or egg thing. Was the kid who was a walk on or lightly recruited actually really talented and someone missed them or are the coaches just really good at maximizing a player and working them into their system?

I'd much rather evaluate how the class matured and were able to contribute to the program in their careers. When a class is recruited, the coaching staff (if they are doing things right) are recruiting to fill the upcoming holes in the team by the players in the classes before them finishing their eligibility. Some of them will eventually work their way up the depth chart to fill those spots. Others will need to develop to fulfill their potential. This can especially be true with OL working in the weight room. There will always be freshmen (most of the time skill players) who will make an immediate impact.

There may be teams out there whose recruiting class that might be better than ours but whose classes wouldn't fit our future needs like our class does. Our recruiting class is better for us than theirs Does that make sense???

Doc

Professor Chaos
February 8th, 2016, 05:23 PM

See bolded - I don't think that's necessarily the case. For instance, I'd be highly surprised if NDSU's 2011 class would rate even in the top 10 of all the FCS that year given the attrition rate of that class even though the guys who stuck with the program were part of 5 national championship teams.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 9th, 2016, 09:57 AM
1. Dominique Swope RB/FB - All-American FCS back, riddled with injuries in his career but did well when healthy. Ran for 1000 yards as a true freshman while not even really being a starter until fairly late in the season.
2. Garrett Frye OL - Was FCS AA in at least one team I think, was all Sun Belt and got to an NFL camp.
3. Antwione Williams LB - All-SBC linebacker, expected to be a late-round pick and have a decent chance to make a roster
4. Riyhad Jones CB - he ended up getting a scholarship at Clemson before coming back to Georgia Southern as a grad student, so he had to be a pretty decent player
5. Zach Walker - a receiver that isn't super athletic but has outstanding hands and has made multiple sports-center catches

Of course our receivers don't get a lot of accolades, but as little as we pass the receivers don't get the numbers to win awards.

UNIFanSince1983
February 9th, 2016, 10:19 AM
See bolded - I don't think that's necessarily the case. For instance, I'd be highly surprised if NDSU's 2011 class would rate even in the top 10 of all the FCS that year given the attrition rate of that class even though the guys who stuck with the program were part of 5 national championship teams.

But there are at least 3 players in that class that are more than likely getting drafted and one of them is a first rounder. That right there is pretty dang good for an FCS school. I don't think any team can actually match that.

MR. CHICKEN
February 9th, 2016, 10:31 AM
..........AH PREFER...TA NOT THINK 'BOUT IT......TOO COMPLEX AN' ISSUE....AN' CAIN'T SEE HOW IT'S MEASURABLE.........(AT ANY ONE TIME....YA'S GOT FR/RFR/SOPHS/JR'S/SENIORS...WALK-ONS & X-FER's...WHOM COMBINE TA BE THE TOTAL MAKE-UP....AN' WHIFF IN DUH TEAM.....EACH CLASS IS RESPONSIBLE FO' DEY'RE PART IN EACH SEASON....ie.....TRUE FRESHMAN FG KICKER....WHOM WINS COUPLE GAMES.....OR DUH SOPH DB.....WHOM GETS 9 INT'S DAT ADDS TA SUCCESS O' TEAM......OR DUH JUNIOR RETURN MAN....WHO GOES COAST TA COAST 4/5 TIMES........'MEMBER WHEN MICHIGAN HAD JEREMY IRONS...ON DUH #1 DEFENSE IN 'MERICAH........HE WAS OWN-LAH SENIOR...ON D........NEXT SEASON.....WHIFF SAME 10 OTHERAH STARTERS.......MICHIGAN'S DEFENSIVE STATS....PLUNGGED...LIKE CHIPOLTE STOCK....INTANGIBLES....WTF'S.......CRAZY BALL BOUNCES.......SHORTAGE UH PIXIE DUST........TWEAKS COACHES MAKE DAT WORK-OUT OR KNOT......PHASES UH DUH MOON ON GAME NIGHT......GOES ON & ON...........BRAWK!

Professor Chaos
February 9th, 2016, 10:43 AM
But there are at least 3 players in that class that are more than likely getting drafted and one of them is a first rounder. That right there is pretty dang good for an FCS school. I don't think any team can actually match that.
It all depends on how you weight things I guess. Personally, I'd rather see a class produce 15+ solid contributors over multiple years than 3 premium players amongst less than 10 multi-year contributors. Star players can hide the warts of a team but eventually those star players move on and it's tough to keep replacing them with more star players if classes continue to be shallow.

Tribe4SF
February 9th, 2016, 11:10 AM
W&M Class of 2011. This group had some star power, and multiple future NFL guys.

~

Tre McBride (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5545&path=football)
WR
6-0
Fr.
McDonough, Ga. / Ola SCHOLARSHIP graduated 2015- Multi-Year ALL-CAA. Now with Tennessee Titans

Mikal Abdul-Saboor (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5485&path=football)
QB
5-10
Fr.
Alpharetta, Ga. / Alpharetta SCHOLARSHIP- Multi-year ALL-CAA as a RB. NFL is knocking.

William Haskins (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5524&path=football)
TE
6-2
Fr.
Poquoson, Va. / Poquoson Walk-On- Left team in 2013

Christian Brumbaugh (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5502&path=football)
QB
6-2
Fr.
McDonald, Pa. / South Fayette SCHOLARSHIP graduated in 2015- Placement holder for 3 years.

Zack Fetters (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5515&path=football)
S
6-2
Fr.
Montgomery Village, Md. / Gaithersburg SCHOLARSHIP- 2015 Starting OLB played multiple positions.

Anthony Johnson (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5529&path=football)
WR
6-1
Fr.
Fredericksburg, Va. / Mountain View SCHOLARSHIP- Left school Fall 2011

Evan McGill (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5547&path=football)
TE
6-4
Fr.
Richmond, Va. / Trinity Episcopal Walk-On- Back-up TE who saw limited duty.

Jaquay Hall (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5523&path=football)
RB
6-2
Fr.
Chesapeake, Va. / Atlantic Shores Walk-On- Left team in 2012

Blake Cooksey (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5508&path=football)
DB
5-11
Fr.
Midlothian, Va. / Cosby Walk-On- Back-up graduated in 2015.

Will Thompson (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5599&path=football)
TE
6-3
Fr.
La Crosse, Va. / Park View Walk-On- Left team in 2012.

Kedric Solomon (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5588&path=football)
WR
5-11
Fr.
Newport News, Va. / Woodside Walk-On- Left team in 2012

Jared Velasquez (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5602&path=football)
S
6-0
Fr.
Fairfax, Va. / Robinson SCHOLARSHIP- 3 year starter at SS.

DeAndre Houston-Carson (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5527&path=football)
CB
6-1
Fr.
Woodford, Va. / Massaponax SCHOLARSHIP- Consensus All-American projected 2nd-4th rd. NFL Draft

Ian Haislip (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5522&path=football)
LB
6-0
Fr.
Yorktown, Va. / Tabb Walk-On- Starter at OLB in 2015.

Spencer Bopp (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5496&path=football)
DL
6-2
Fr.
Fredericksburg, Va. / Stafford Walk-On- Graduated 2015. Rotation player.

Jasper Coleman (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5506&path=football)
DT
6-3
Fr.
Richmond, Va. / James River SCHOLARSHIP- Graduated 2015. ALL-CAA signed by Houston Texans

Terrence Mack (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5542&path=football)
LB
6-0
Fr.
Hampton, Va. / Hampton Walk-On- Left team in 2013

Andrew Weidinger (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5605&path=football)
LB
6-0
Fr.
Burke, Va. / Lake Braddock Walk-On- All-CAA FB.

Luke Rhodes (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5570&path=football)
LB
6-2
Fr.
Hollidaysburg, Pa. / Hollidaysburg Area SCHOLARSHIP- Multi-year ALL-CAA. NFL is knocking.

Jared Templeton (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5596&path=football)
DT
6-3
Fr.
Tyrone, Pa. / Tyrone Area SCHOLARSHIP- Rotational player on OL and DL with several starts.

Nick Easter (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5514&path=football)
OL
6-3
Fr.
Stafford, Va. / Colonial Forge SCHOLARSHIP- Rotational player on OL with several starts.

Zach Mahfood (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5543&path=football)
OL
6-2
Fr.
Lighthouse Pt., Fla. / Pine Crest Walk-On- Graduated 2015. Limited playing time.

Andrew Jones (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5532&path=football)
OL
6-1
Fr.
Naples, Fla. / Naples SCHOLARSHIP- MUlti-Year ALL-CAA.

Lou Petrocelli (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5560&path=football)
OL
6-3
Fr.
Norwood, N.J. / Old Tappan SCHOLARSHIP- Left team in 2013.

Preston Lyon (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5540&path=football)
PK
5-11
Fr.
Alamo, Calif. / De La Salle Walk-On- Left team in 2012.

Braxton Hicks (http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5526&path=football)
DE
6-3
Fr.
Charlotte, N.C. / Berry Academy SCHOLARSHIP- Rotational player with several starts.