PDA

View Full Version : Idaho State Hires Coach

Sawtooth
December 15th, 2006, 11:56 AM
ISU hired John Zamberlin as the new football coach. He most recently was head coach at Central Washington, a D-II school which has had wins over Eastern Washinton and Montana State in the last few years. He also has been an assistant at UMass, Richmond, and EWU.

John Zamberlin Named Head Coach (http://isubengals.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121506aaf.html)

CSUBUCDAD
December 15th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Good pickup by ISU. He should do well there in a few years.

TexasTerror
December 15th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Press release from Idaho State Athletics. If you click on the link, you can also get a You Tube video of the press conference. Awesome! I'll definitely have to watch it when I get a chance (post FCS title game!)...

Pocatello, ID --- In a search that literally spanned from A to Z, Director of Athletics Paul A. Bubb named John Zamberlin of Central Washington University as the 24th head football coach in Idaho State's rich football history. The announcement was made in the Little Wood River Room of the Pond Student Union Building on Friday morning. Zamberlin replaces Larry Lewis, who had his contract terminated after the program won 10 games over the past three years, and went just 2-9 last season.

"I'm just really pleased and excited to have been chosen for this position," said Zamberlin. "I look forward to getting to work, evaluting our recruiting and the players that we have. I'm excited to be here and looking forward to getting to work."

The only current head coach among the six candidates brought to campus for formal interviews, Zamberlin has served as the head coach of the Central Washington University Wildcats since 1997 with unprecedented success, including a couple of wins over Big Sky Conference schools. Most recently, the Wildcats went 6-5 in 2006, including a 21-14 win over Big Sky member Eastern Washington, outscoring the Eagles 15-0 in the second half in Cheney.

"Coach Zamberlin brings a solid head coaching record to Idaho State University as well as experience at other NCAA Football Championship division programs, including Eastern Washington, University of Richmond, and UMass," said Athletic Director Paul Bubb. "His experience both coaching in and against the Big Sky as well as in the Atlantic 10 Conference represents, in my opinion, experience in two of the dominant leagues in our division."

Bubb added, "There was no doubt from any of the groups which Coach Zamberlin interviewed with that he would be a great choice to lead our program."

http://isubengals.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121506aaf.html