PDA

View Full Version : Say Goodbye to ASU's Jerry Moore

SoCon48
April 11th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Appalachianhas not said Jerry Moore will get a contract after this year. The basketball coach was sub .500 with a year left. He schedules Milligan, Longwood TWICE (losingest programin D-I), USC Upstate, and Erskine so he could win 18 games and get a 3 year contract extension.
The powers that be gave Moore games at LSU and Kansas and only 4 home games.
Say good-bye to the winingest coach in SoCon history and hello to the dumbest administration in college football.
Peacock and Robinson aren't much brighter than Laney and Bork if they can Moore. But they were smart enough to schedule $700,000 in revenue as they sacrifice Moore.

catamount man
April 11th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Hope WCU can make his last home game at KBS another loss. Seriously, even though ASU has slipped a little, Moore will go down as one of the greatest coaches in SoCon history. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Josh
April 11th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Appalachianhas not said Jerry Moore will get a contract after this year. The basketball coach was sub .500 with a year left. He schedules Milligan, Longwood TWICE (losingest programin D-I), USC Upstate, and Erskine so he could win 18 games and get a 3 year contract extension.
Say good-bye to the winingest coach in SoCon history and hello to the dumbest administration in college football.
Peacock and Robinson aren't much brighter than Laney and Bork if they can Moore. But they were smart enough to schedule $700,000 in revenue as they sacrifice Moore.

Moore was gone either way. Fancher actually did do a good job recruiting. Moore is gone because of his lack of staff changes. He was suppose to fire some assistants and did not. Peacock has now shown Moore he is not too high up to get the ax. Also, Moore does not talk much to the public. He is not accessible and has gotten worse. ASU does need a coach who is fan and media friendly. That is just something that you have to be in college football today and Moore is not.

SoCon48
April 12th, 2005, 08:30 AM
That's funny, I never had a problem talking to Moore and Behr and Bowman interview him at length many times during the year.
Fancher is still below .500 overall and won 13 games last season against half-way legitimate teams.
I never in 30 years recall the ASU basketball schedule having so many patsies. Attendance has tanked under Fancher.
3 years was one of ASU's biggest mistakes especially with a new AD coming in to have to live with that.
Recruits. I'm not sold on his midgets yet and not sold on counterfeiters either.

OL FU
April 12th, 2005, 08:46 AM
If it happens, it would be a very sad end to a very successful tenure at ASU.

appst89
April 12th, 2005, 08:49 AM
That's funny, I never had a problem talking to Moore and Behr and Bowman interview him at length many times during the year.
Fancher is still below .500 overall and won 13 games last season against half-way legitimate teams.
I never in 30 years recall the ASU basketball schedule having so many patsies. Attendance has tanked under Fancher.
3 years was one of ASU's biggest mistakes especially with a new AD coming in to have to live with that.
Recruits. I'm not sold on his midgets yet and not sold on counterfeiters either.

Moore's undoing has very little to do with what has happened on the field, although the obvious decline in the program hasn't helped. He has cost himself this job by not graduating players and having more than his fair share of troubled children recently. The graduation rate for the football team would put them on probation and facing scholarship losses under the new NCAA rules. Chancellor Peacock will not, and should not be expected, to tolerate academic deficiencies in sports teams. You can talk all you want about the wins and losses, but Fancher got an extension because every player he has brought on campus has graduated. He had an excellent recruiting class, ASU improved greatly this past season and he may still be able to right the ship. Moore's teams have declined noticably in each of the past four seasons, his recruiting classes are getting worse every year and he's not graduating players. The blame for this situation lies squarely at the feet of Jerry Moore. To try to place it on the administration or anyone else is just wrong, in my opinion.

Josh
April 12th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Moore's undoing has very little to do with what has happened on the field, although the obvious decline in the program hasn't helped. He has cost himself this job by not graduating players and having more than his fair share of troubled children recently. The graduation rate for the football team would put them on probation and facing scholarship losses under the new NCAA rules. Chancellor Peacock will not, and should not be expected, to tolerate academic deficiencies in sports teams. You can talk all you want about the wins and losses, but Fancher got an extension because every player he has brought on campus has graduated. He had an excellent recruiting class, ASU improved greatly this past season and he may still be able to right the ship. Moore's teams have declined noticably in each of the past four seasons, his recruiting classes are getting worse every year and he's not graduating players. The blame for this situation lies squarely at the feet of Jerry Moore. To try to place it on the administration or anyone else is just wrong, in my opinion.

I was talking about that with some alumni at the spring game this weekend. You are right and I agree 100 percent. Also, arguing with Linda Robinson on the schedule won't help him either. He is gone no matter what his record is I think.

SoCon48
April 12th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Just can't see anything Fancher has done that comes anywhere near warranting a 3 year contract. A padded schedule allowed him to win this year. It would be nice if Fancher could just get ASU's attendance back up to where it was 5 years ago. Milligan and Erskine won't do it.

It's a heck of a lot easier to keep 15-20 players on track than a hundred.
2 winning seaons every 5 would have had Moore fired 15 years ago.
ASU is just plain stupid in giving Fancher three more years. One would have been a stretch. Somebody wanted to save his butt from a new A D coming in.

Moore's teams may have declined in the past 5 years, but basketball hasn't been there yet to decline. under the present coach.

SoCon48
April 12th, 2005, 01:42 PM
BTW to 89..glad you found the board. I e-mailed you early this a.m. about it in response to your MMB post.

Just to have disagree about Fancher and Moore. Not thrilled with either one,, but I don't see a 3 year deal as being nothing but high risk and an impediment to signing a good A.D. unless it is made clear he want be held responsible for basketball for a while.
Hate to see the arena wasted.

appst89
April 12th, 2005, 02:54 PM
BTW to 89..glad you found the board. I e-mailed you early this a.m. about it in response to your MMB post.

Just to have disagree about Fancher and Moore. Not thrilled with either one,, but I don't see a 3 year deal as being nothing but high risk and an impediment to signing a good A.D. unless it is made clear he want be held responsible for basketball for a while.
Hate to see the arena wasted.

Thanks for the welcome. I had to look for a while, but I found it.

I thought the three year extension for Fancher was ridiculous given the circumstances. I thought they should have waited until after next season and let the new AD make the call. However, the chancellor specifically cited Fancher's graduation rate and the quality of the young men he brings in as the reason for the extension. Carrying that line of thinking on out, it becomes pretty obvious that the lack of same is the reason for Moore's being left twisting in the breeze. I have heard that there is more than just a little discontentamong the folks that matter with the actions and attitude of Coach Moore. I still think he has made his own bed and it's looking increasingly as if he is going to have to lie in it.

SoCon48
April 12th, 2005, 03:58 PM
I'm sure Moore could have a much better graduation rate but I don't think he would have lasted long at all with every 3 of 5 seasons being losing ones.
I think Fancher should have had to earn a new contract by doing better than beating 13 half way decent teams. This year's schedule was embarrassing. Moore would have been run out of town if just the Mars Hill game had stayed on the schedule that year, and Fancher schedules the worst patsy no names I can recall since the year we came out of the Carolinas Conference.

The last five years have been the most boring in BB I can recall. Maybe, I should get the attitude of writing off basketball and just try to enjoy the Fall at App. Looking forward to the LSU (and maybe Kansas trip).

I do very much agree with the folks who blame Jerry for the staff. But, with what ASU pays, a guy would be a fool to even leave a HS position for an assistant gig at App. Another stupid move was leaving the OC job open after Best was run off. The offense has been OK but the loss must have caused a shift in defensive emphasis.

As far as attitude of Coach Moore, I've never seen anything but good from him in that department. He doesn't suck up to folks like a fore mentioned person does.

I just think it is asinine to have much higher expectations of one program than another. Based on the factors used in keeping Fancher, we should have kept the baseball coach the other year. That would have been dreadful.

CoastalFan2005
March 27th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Here's a good one. :D xsmiley_wix

ericsaid
March 27th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I would enjoy an article on this, I'm just not buying that JM will not be given the oppurtunity to sign a contract.

ericsaid
March 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM
This has to be the most confusing thing, how can anyone blame JM for his success?

ericsaid
March 27th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Man, didn't read the date of these posts.xoopsx xlolx

CoastalFan2005
March 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I would enjoy an article on this, I'm just not buying that JM will not be given the oppurtunity to sign a contract.

After this one, I was like xcoffeex

This has to be the most confusing thing, how can anyone blame JM for his success?

Then, after this one, I was like xconfusedx xrulesx

Man, didn't read the date of these posts.xoopsx xlolx

And finally, after this one, I literally laughed out loud. xlolx

;)

ursus arctos horribilis
March 27th, 2008, 04:15 PM
And finally, after this one, I literally laughed out loud. xlolx

;)

Exactly! It took a while but congratulations ericsaid, you finally got a good laugh out of me. That is beautiful.

ericsaid
March 27th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I did once i read the date, then I jumped through a windowxthumbsupx

furman94
March 27th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wow... I did the same thing! I was like WTH! Then, I saw the date... lol

PaladinFan
March 27th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I did once i read the date, then I jumped through a windowxthumbsupx

The joke was, 3 years ago many of the App fans and administration was calling for Moore's retirement. Yeah, calling for the retirement of the man who would lead them to back to back to back national championships.

What'd they call it..."no moore?"

Told me all I needed to know about the intelligence of the App fan base:)

ericsaid
March 27th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Well good thing i was too young to understand any of this at that time.

Oh my how dumb they sound now

Go...gate
March 27th, 2008, 05:00 PM

This seems to have come up suddenly. What happened? Is it just graduation rates?

CoastalFan2005
March 27th, 2008, 05:04 PM
This seems to have come up suddenly. What happened? Is it just graduation rates?

http://www.alaskabestfishing.com/media/freshwater-fly-fishing-b06.jpg

I done hooked me anuther one! :D xlolx

T-Dog
March 27th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Don't scare me like that!

The joke was, 3 years ago many of the App fans and administration was calling for Moore's retirement. Yeah, calling for the retirement of the man who would lead them to back to back to back national championships.

2004 was a rough year. We lost to Western that year. Also we lost at UTC 59-56. Also the 50-point loss at Southern hurt. Plus it was the first year of that new fangled spread option offense. As Jerry once put it "We threw the ball for 9 million yards that season but on 3rd and short, we couldn't get those." Good thing Richardson decided to walk on.

At least Richie single-handily beat Furman that year. xthumbsupx

furman94
March 27th, 2008, 05:31 PM

Gate, read the dates of the original posts man!

Go...gate
March 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Oh, Holy Sh-t!!! xrotatehx Sorry about that. :)

PaladinFan
March 27th, 2008, 07:17 PM

2004 was a rough year. We lost to Western that year. Also we lost at UTC 59-56. Also the 50-point loss at Southern hurt. Plus it was the first year of that new fangled spread option offense. As Jerry once put it "We threw the ball for 9 million yards that season but on 3rd and short, we couldn't get those." Good thing Richardson decided to walk on.

Hey, no one, and I mean NO ONE completes 28 passes in a row against Furman!

ChooChoo
March 28th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Got me too. The whole time I was scratchin my head thinkin "3 titles AND Michigan, but no contract?"
My what a difference winning makes.

Cleets
March 28th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Jerry Moore leaving App. State would be NATIONAL News...
He probably could have had that Miami job if he wanted it...

Certainly GA. Tech... (too easy)

xeyebrowx

T-Dog
March 28th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Hey, no one, and I mean NO ONE completes 28 passes in a row against Furman!

Then why is Furman the only team in NCAA history to have it happen against them. xthumbsupx

Or lose a game by going for........

AppGrad06
March 28th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Oh, Holy Sh-t!!! xrotatehx Sorry about that. :)

Wow! even funnier then ericsaid missing it.xlolx

AppGrad06
March 28th, 2008, 05:32 AM

Yeah that was my junior year and man it was rough, and having just the 4 home games really sucked. What I find amazing though is that it only took one year to make the transition to the spread pay off. We were lucky to have a guy as versatile Richie at QB. I mean how many QB's are asked to play 3 different offensive styles in 4 years and are successful?

CID1990
March 28th, 2008, 06:50 AM
I was about to say that this must be some kind of early April Fool's thread or something.

AshevilleApp2
March 28th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Whew!

Touchdown Yosef
March 28th, 2008, 07:57 AM

I wasn't calling for Jerry's head but I still stand by the fact that the last game of the season against Western that year was the worst coached game I had ever seen. But as they say everything happens for a reason and that season led to the departure of Rochel Laney and we brought in Charlie Cobb, who has done and unbelievably phenomenal job.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 28th, 2008, 08:08 AM
LoL ... I just got punk'd, big time xlolx. Be a little bit more observant, Pwns.

HighRyder08
March 28th, 2008, 09:48 AM
my stomach dropped as i was reading this in the computer lab... i almost started calling all of my friends telling them the bad news.... i still think we need a new basketball coach though.... ive been to most of the home games in the last two years and the coaching has been mediocre at best.... i feel like we have all the talent in the world but dont utilize it the best way we can... attendance is absoloutly horrible too...

CoastalFan2005
March 28th, 2008, 12:58 PM
This has been the best thread bump in a long, long time. xlolx

I-AA Fan
March 28th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I guess the 2006 contract extension ...you know the one that was worded so that he could keep his entire staff ...must mean nothing. someones needs to move this to non-FCS news.

CoastalFan2005
March 28th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I guess the 2006 contract extension ...you know the one that was worded so that he could keep his entire staff ...must mean nothing. someones needs to move this to non-FCS news.

OH LORD, y'all keep falling for this thread! This thread is three years old! LMMFAO! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ASU
March 28th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I remember e-mailing the writer with Winston-Salem Journal and he covered NBA, but wanted to do a going away article on Coach Moore. I stuck my head out and said he would have a great year in 2005 and win the NC....he laughed.

SoCon48
March 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM
OH LORD, y'all keep falling for this thread! This thread is three years old! LMMFAO! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Duhhhh. Didn't fall for it, I was the one who started it back in '05.xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

CoastalFan2005
March 28th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Duhhhh. Didn't fall for it, I was the one who started it back in '05.xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

No sh**, JCline. Plenty of people have been falling for it as CURRENT news in the past few days. xrolleyesx

SoCon48
March 28th, 2008, 04:25 PM
No sh**, JCline. Plenty of people have been falling for it as CURRENT news in the past few days. xrolleyesx

Yes, sh**, CCF, you quoted and posted your comment to me.xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx Thus, I answered it.

phillyAPP
March 28th, 2008, 05:10 PM

This was the BEST THREAD IN SOOOOOOOOO VERY LONGTIME

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

The bawling is of laughter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Coastal 2005 is awesome. Great off-season READ.

I am still shaking my head.

Jery Moore was gone, No national Championships, No AE--- What a nightmare. lol

CoastalFan2005
March 29th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Yes, sh**, CCF, you quoted and posted your comment to me.xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx Thus, I answered it.

Are you referring to this post:

Which I responded to with:

OH LORD, y'all keep falling for this thread! This thread is three years old! LMMFAO! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx (lots of LOL faces)

Because I wasn't aware that you were posting under two screen names. I guess I should have realized that "SoCon48" and "I-AA Fan" were the same poster! xrolleyesx

I hadn't quoted "SoCon48" a single time in this thread, except to reply to you after you addressed me with your traditional "Internet Tough Guy" attitude the first time and now to reply to you after you continued with your "Internet Tough Guy" attitude in your second post.

BTW, this is the post where you decided to display the aforementioned attitude after I had never directly addressed you once during this thread:

Nice to see your crappy attitude didn't change along with your username. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4751&d=1178915152

ASUMountaineer
March 29th, 2008, 11:01 AM

Yeah, I think the problem then was Moore was not only the head coach, but was serving as OC. Once he got Scott in, things turned around. That was what we needed, he is a premium HC, but not HC and OC.

SoCon48
March 29th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Are you referring to this post:

Which I responded to with:

Because I wasn't aware that you were posting under two screen names. I guess I should have realized that "SoCon48" and "I-AA Fan" were the same poster! xrolleyesx

I hadn't quoted "SoCon48" a single time in this thread, except to reply to you after you addressed me with your traditional "Internet Tough Guy" attitude the first time and now to reply to you after you continued with your "Internet Tough Guy" attitude in your second post.

BTW, this is the post where you decided to display the aforementioned attitude after I had never directly addressed you once during this thread:

Nice to see your crappy attitude didn't change along with your username. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4751&d=1178915152

Whatever, dude. Bring "them chickins" back to Boone for another kickin' chicken lickin.' xcoffeex

SoCon48
March 29th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Not fanbase, just a certain segment who wouldn't know a decent coach if one hit them upside the head. xcoffeex

CoastalFan2005
March 29th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Whatever, dude. Bring "them chickins" back to Boone for another kickin' chicken lickin.' xcoffeex

Ooooh, you responded to me by insulting my favorite college football team! OMG, I think I'll go cry now because you proved you're sooooo much better than me and you hurt my feelings because you tried to insult my football team! xbawlingx

Typical "Internet Tough Guy." Your smack is weak, your posts are crap, and your a**hole attitude went out of style three years ago. Grow up already, JCline. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4751&d=1178915152

KiddBrewer
March 29th, 2008, 06:28 PM
man i thought i had jumped into the future about 5 years.....scared the sh** out of me, but i understand now that they were just dumb. much better.

KiddBrewer
March 29th, 2008, 06:32 PM
i actually thought i missed the memo that we were doing a reverse psychology thread or something....

SoCon48
March 30th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Ooooh, you responded to me by insulting my favorite college football team! OMG, I think I'll go cry now because you proved you're sooooo much better than me and you hurt my feelings because you tried to insult my football team! xbawlingx

Typical "Internet Tough Guy." Your smack is weak, your posts are crap, and your a**hole attitude went out of style three years ago. Grow up already, JCline. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4751&d=1178915152

You were the one with the stupid 300 xlolx xlolx xlolx and the LMFAO witty post to start it. Talk about attitude, weak posts, and corn. Geez. Obviously you never bother to read your own posts. Can't blame you though.
I do apologize for insulting your so called football teams.
Now back to my xcoffeex .

CoastalFan2005
March 31st, 2008, 03:24 PM
You were the one with the stupid 300 xlolx xlolx xlolx and the LMFAO witty post to start it. Talk about attitude, weak posts, and corn. Geez. Obviously you never bother to read your own posts. Can't blame you though.
I do apologize for insulting your so called football teams.
Now back to my xcoffeex .

Typical JCline...stir the pot over something that wasn't even addressed to you. You keep talking, and all I hear is xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx. xboringx

You're becoming rather paranoid...thinking I was talking to you when I had forgotten you even existed. I pity you that you have to spend your time stirring ***** up over nothing. xsmhx

appsfan
March 31st, 2008, 07:48 PM
This thread should have been revived tomorrow- on April Fool's Day.

appfan2008
April 1st, 2008, 09:13 AM
Yeah that was my junior year and man it was rough, and having just the 4 home games really sucked. What I find amazing though is that it only took one year to make the transition to the spread pay off. We were lucky to have a guy as versatile Richie at QB. I mean how many QB's are asked to play 3 different offensive styles in 4 years and are successful?

we actually had 6 home games in 04 and won each of them... we had 5 roadies and lost each of them and finished the year 6-5...

PaladinFan
April 1st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Not fanbase, just a certain segment who wouldn't know a decent coach if one hit them upside the head. xcoffeex

Couple years back those who didn't want Moore gone were the exception and not the rule.

AshevilleApp2
April 1st, 2008, 10:01 AM
Couple years back those who didn't want Moore gone were the exception and not the rule.

Thanks! First time anyone other than my mom called me exceptional. xthumbsupx

AppGrad06
April 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM
we actually had 6 home games in 04 and won each of them... we had 5 roadies and lost each of them and finished the year 6-5...

must have been my sophomore year we only had 4 then. I don't remember (and don't feel like looking it up). Amazing how fast I forget that stuff, It's been 4 years. At this rate by the time I'm 40 I might not remember who Armanti Edwards is.

Rob Iola
April 1st, 2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks! First time anyone other than my mom called me exceptional. xthumbsupx
I thought she called you special?

AshevilleApp2
April 1st, 2008, 12:55 PM
I thought she called you special?

xlolx xlolx xlolx That too!!

Jerbearasu
April 1st, 2008, 06:14 PM
must have been my sophomore year we only had 4 then. I don't remember (and don't feel like looking it up). Amazing how fast I forget that stuff, It's been 4 years. At this rate by the time I'm 40 I might not remember who Armanti Edwards is.

Only time we had 4 games scheduled in the regular season (at least in the past 10 years) was in 05 which is when this thread was made. That is another reason why a lot of people thought Moore would be gone. The schedule was really set up for us to lose with 2 FBS teams, a road game vs a playoff contender in EKU and another against a pretty good Big South team in CCU...

Everyone said if we don't win conference and make a deep run in the playoffs Moore and co. was gone. Even the coaches made comments when the schedule was released.

Ended up we got 3 more home games in the playoffs and the rest as they say it "is history".

AppGrad06
April 1st, 2008, 08:56 PM
Only time we had 4 games scheduled in the regular season (at least in the past 10 years) was in 05 which is when this thread was made. That is another reason why a lot of people thought Moore would be gone. The schedule was really set up for us to lose with 2 FBS teams, a road game vs a playoff contender in EKU and another against a pretty good Big South team in CCU...

Everyone said if we don't win conference and make a deep run in the playoffs Moore and co. was gone. Even the coaches made comments when the schedule was released.

Ended up we got 3 more home games in the playoffs and the rest as they say it "is history".

man all seems jumbled together in my head.The past 3 seasons are all a blur. I think it's been all the extra post season home games. thanks for straighting me out.

AshevilleApp2
April 2nd, 2008, 07:36 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the four home games come about as a result of Northwestern State backing out of the Boone game of a home and home series?

Jerbearasu
April 2nd, 2008, 10:45 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the four home games come about as a result of Northwestern State backing out of the Boone game of a home and home series?

That is true. I think all of this went down in mid-March so it really left us scratching our heads with who we would play instead. We picked up the either the Kansas or LSU game (I don't remember 100% but I'm pretty sure it was the LSU game) as a result of that because there was nobody we could find that didn't have their schedule filled.

Jerbearasu
April 2nd, 2008, 10:53 AM

That is true. I think all of this went down in mid-March so it really left us scratching our heads with who we would play instead. We picked up either the Kansas or LSU game (I don't remember 100% but I'm pretty sure it was the LSU game) as a result of that because there was nobody we could find that didn't have their schedule filled.

SoCon48
April 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM

On certain message boards, true, but fans in general, no.