PDA

View Full Version : Baylark

GrizzlyBill
December 14th, 2006, 09:49 PM
For this Griz fan, the 2006 I-AA playoffs have been beautiful to watch-- a display of superb play and coaching by many teams--if not by all.

Other teams are having down years, coaches gone or going, other kinds of problem, bad recruiting, bad practice, whatever--we have it all, good and bad in Division I football. However, the play on the field is what I love, and whatever happens tomorrow in Chattanooga, I will ever remember Steve Baylark's game in Missoula last week as a beautiful example of football at its finest. The Griz D was damn good this year, and that fact only shined the light brighter on Mr. Baylark. 'Course, Mr. Coen played, too.

GO MINUTEMEN in Chatty!! Football as it ought to be played!!

GO GRIZ NEXT YEAR!!!

Leo-Pard
December 14th, 2006, 10:36 PM
For this Griz fan, the 2006 I-AA playoffs have been beautiful to watch-- a display of superb play and coaching by many teams--if not by all.

Other teams are having down years, coaches gone or going, other kinds of problem, bad recruiting, bad practice, whatever--we have it all, good and bad in Division I football. However, the play on the field is what I love, and whatever happens tomorrow in Chattanooga, I will ever remember Steve Baylark's game in Missoula last week as a beautiful example of football at its finest. The Griz D was damn good this year, and that fact only shined the light brighter on Mr. Baylark. 'Course, Mr. Coen played, too.

GO MINUTEMEN in Chatty!! Football as it ought to be played!!

GO GRIZ NEXT YEAR!!!

All of the teams that have played UMASS this year in the playoffs have been saying the same thing. Welcome to the club.
Something tells me that the App State fans may not say the same come Saturday morning, but they'll be thinking it.
Baylark is a beast.

Tribe4SF
December 14th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Baylark is the perfect back for this UMass team. Bruising and physical, with deceptive speed. He's definitely the poster child.

Old Cat Fan
December 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Just think us UNH fans had the pleasure of watching the Baylark show 2 times :splat:

Peems
December 14th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Just think us UNH fans had the pleasure of watching the Baylark show 2 times :splat:

the second game must have been like reliving a nightmare.

PapaBear
December 15th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Maine stopped him. But we still lost.

Proving once again that defense does NOT win games.

Tribe4SF
December 15th, 2006, 06:51 AM

That only seems to be true at Maine.:smiley_wi

Sam Adams
December 15th, 2006, 07:02 AM
The Maine game was just a weird anomaly in many ways. Defense definately can and does win games however. The Maine game was won by the UMass Defense.

UMass922
December 15th, 2006, 09:29 AM
The Maine game was won by the UMass Defense.

The missed extra point didn't hurt, either.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 15th, 2006, 09:40 AM
IMO, the App defense-UMass offense side of the game is going to decide the winner. ASU is going to score points, there is no doubt in my mind about that. ASU has a very good secondary and they should be able to contain the passing game and make 'Mass rely on Baylark even more than they did last week.

Man, I cannot wait for this game.

GrizFoo
December 15th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Baylark = Sick

The kid is a freak.

BULLDOG8180
December 15th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I would see App. St. trying to stop the run. Most good Defenses game plan is to make the opposing Offense one-demensional. Mind you, not selling out to stop the run, but focusing on run defense first. Should be a very interesting game.

GrizFoo
December 15th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Another thing that impressed me with UMass is how quick their QB could get rid of the ball. And how well they ran screens. Their screens were fairly fast developing too, yet very effective...at least against the Griz.

carney2
December 15th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I would see App. St. trying to stop the run.

Not counting the regular season, ASU will be the 4th consecutive team with "stop the run" at the top of their "to do" list. Note that UMass is still playing.

bkrownd
December 15th, 2006, 02:04 PM

Sports is all about how you match up with your opponent, which is the primary reason transitivity is a False God.

Washington looked pretty good at times, too. The hogs up front probably need some credit, as well.

Walkon79
December 15th, 2006, 02:08 PM
IMO, the App defense-UMass offense side of the game is going to decide the winner. ASU is going to score points, there is no doubt in my mind about that. ASU has a very good secondary and they should be able to contain the passing game and make 'Mass rely on Baylark even more than they did last week.

Man, I cannot wait for this game.

I would add that the ASU front four is double-tough. When you can bring pressure with only four, your secondary is going to look great, even if they're average. This game will be son in the battle between Baylark and the UMASS O-line and the ASU front four and LB's.

blueballs
December 15th, 2006, 03:54 PM
For those of you who don't know Baylark originally signed with GSU out of high school but didn't have the grades to gain admittance to GSU. Umass took him as a Prop 48 and he has done well. I know his HS coach and by all accounts he is a good kid and we can all see he's a fine player.

For poops and giggles... can you imagine Baylark AND Jermain Austin in GSU's old option offense with Chaz Williams/Jayson Foster? It was that close to happening...

Tubby Raymond
December 15th, 2006, 06:14 PM
That only seems to be true at Maine.:smiley_wi

very funnyxlolx